Wincor Nixdorf Employee Reviews

great place to work
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 20, 2018
energetic, great customer experience, training and great benefits.
great manager, good communications between company an employee, overall good company.
benefits
Cons
schedule.
Very Stressful
Field Service Technician (ATM) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2018
It consist of 14 hour work days, nights and weekends, audit of inventory, communication with teammembers, troubleshooting atm machines, filling out reports
Pros
unlimited days off
Cons
quality of life
New Company, Products
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2017
Company is manufacturer of ATMs. I was hired to have a territory in Brookfield & Danbury CT. areas. My very first day I ended up in Boston for 12 hours. Four technicians covered the state of CT. with more manpower to come aboard which never occurred. Hired for 8:00 am till 5:30 PM. We were never told if an ATM went down at 11:00 pm 60 miles from our home, we were instructed to go. Job description misled the 4 of us. Wachovia and Chase Banks were misled about product being ready to roll out. Software and printers were hardly functional and we all followed up traveling on recalls.It was to recruit for a job no one in their right mind would work. Needless to say all four of us ended up leaving. I can go on and on.

I do not like all saying this but that is the truth.
Pros
Company Vehicle I suppose
Cons
See Above
hard work and lots of travle
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
busy job lots of travel and many calls to do. freedom of travel as a remote tech with no supervision and tech support was very good when needed on site .
World-wide company with a start-up feel
Site Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
A world-wide industry leader that always felt like a smaller company in the United States proper, but managed to exceed the expectations of the home office in recent years. The company is in a state of transition following their recent merger with Diebold, so my insights into the company are now dated.
Field Service Engineer Tier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2017
Here is a place which you really learn a lot with everyone so willing to help each other out. It didn't matter what level you are everyone treat you equal.
Pros
Everyone Equal
Great place to working
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2017
No problems I would fix atm machines for them. I would travel in their company going place to place. They also would fly me sometimes.I had day work..
Good Learning Experience
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day was starting from home. Your home was basically your office. Waited for calls to come in and managed your own calls. My area manager was decent because he only bothered you when he needed to. Co-workers were fun to work with. We tried to help each other whenever needed. Hardest part of the job was having to deal with personal safety. We serviced ATM's which was exposed to public. Most enjoyable of the job was seeing customers happy and also seeing our products work properly.
Pros
Company vehicle, phone, laptop. Freedom to manage your own area.
Cons
Upper management and direction of the company.
My Experience
Second-Line-Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 17, 2016
Wincor was great up until bought out by Diebold , They love and thrive on mis treatment and drama was a very unhappy and unhealthy experience they have un realistic expectations of their Techs and Love to bully the newbies and lower level Techs .
Cons
To many to list .
Team environment
Sr. Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2016
It can be stressful but everyone is on the same team. At times, there can be a blame game but stress is known factor. It is clear everyone has a heavy workload but wants to do well.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
stress
Management is horrible
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2016
push you to work to many hours, they don't care about their employees. Worse job I ever had. I only lasted 8 months before I got burned out, and left.
Pros
Cons
you can never go home, and when you do they want you to hop back on-line and do more!
Company is concerned about its bottom line, not the employees.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2016
I worked extremely long hours, weekends and holidays. We cycled through about eight managers in five years and they push hard to get as much work out of you until you have had enough. I liked the work I did but it could become overwhelming at times.
wonderfull people to work for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 9, 2016
great place to work for, work day were exiting due to the variety of customers. learning new things everyday. every day was enjoyable.
Pros
all good
Cons
no cons
I enjoy the time I get to work and do things that are new
Second Line ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 23, 2016
Working with Wincor-Nixdorf is great. There are a lot of wonderful people and it allows me to work in an atmosphere that is perfect for learning. Working with my hands allows the hands-on approach that I enjoy and ATMs are great for finding new challenges every day.
Learned a lot but happy I moved on.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Not much organization within the company, not structure or even a handbook on how anything is done. There was no room for growth. They loved contractors and would never hire anyone on.

Most enjoyable part was the people, the location was awful, also the shifts and staffing.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistency and management.
US operations
Mgr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
US operations were micro-managed overseas by parent company in Germany.
Cost cutting measures executed to solely make company portfolio more attractive for acquisition. This was at the cost of the customer and service delivery, resulting in mass lay-offs.
A place with diversity and good team environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2015
Wincor Nixdorf is a configuration and installation shop for Software Engineers. Possibilities to grow in ATM business are limited to few companies in the market. Their technology stack is being for a long time. The diversity is one of the good things of this company. Team environment is enjoyable for the most part. Management does not encourage people to grow or develop.
Pros
Free lunch gathering
Cons
Micromanagement, Bad Software Methodology
Steady work never a dull day
ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  Manor, TXSeptember 26, 2015
Big company Steady work Always something new to learn. Not all about the numbers but does allow you to grow and devolope your skills
does not exist any more
Technical PM/Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2015
it was a small company with under 20 people working there. We were like a family. too bad the company went bankrupt.

people there were easy going and very friendly .
Pros
awesome place
Cons
did not have much money
Good Pay, Unlimited Overtime, On-call 24-7
Second Line Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
Perform trouble shooting via detailed analysis of HW and SW failures with the usage of all available diagnostic tools. This includes repair of HW on component level, cleaning and adjustment of mechanical components and configuration and installation of SW.
Perform routine checks according to documented preventative maintenance procedures and refill consumables as directed.
Pros
Good if your Single. Good pay, Lots of Overtime.
Cons
Road warrior, on-call 24x7x364. Long hours