The Escape at Wind Creek, located on the campus of the Wind Creek resort in Atmore, Alabama, is a destination health retreat located in a state-of-the-art facility boasting over 15,000 square feet of pure bliss.
The only health retreat of its kind located in the southeastern United States, The Escape offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences for those customers and groups looking for an all-encompassing, handcrafted experience. Patrons will be able to customize their adventure amongst the many offerings available to them at Escape based off of their varied health interests.
The Escape Spa Supervisor is responsible for supervising the daily activities and duties of all spa employees. Provide exceptional leadership and business skills to reach and exceed profitability goals, employee and guest satisfaction; thus ensuring efficiency in providing the highest service and profit levels. Functions include responsibility for developing, training, and coaching employees, maintaining the maintenance and cleanliness to ensure the spa facility is operating efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and otherwise coordinates employee relations, training, staff productivity, operations development, standards, promotions, staff reviews, maintains knowledge and understanding of treatments/physiological effects/contraindications, guest satisfaction issues, ensures company and department standards are upheld, merchandising of retail products, administration of computer operations. Performs all other projects and responsibilities as required
- Ensures confidentiality with respect to guest and employee information
- Assists Spa Attendants and Spa Specialists with guest experience, answering telephones, checking in guests, making reservations, providing tours and maintaining daily cleanliness of facility during operating hours
- Creates schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels according to business volumes; i.e. special events, holidays, weekends, groups, etc
- Will be required to have an operational knowledge of spa software, Microsoft applications, and Outlook
- Monitors short and long-term strategies designed to increase revenue, profitability, retail sales, guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and employee retention
- Acts as a resource between employees and spa manager to resolve work related conflicts. Reviews and determines appropriate resolution ensuring policy and procedures are consistently followed
- Uses of constructive feedback, motivation and short and long-term intervention to address problems that affect job performance
- Maintains proper staffing levels to meet guest demand and profit goals
- Maintains and Conducts employee appraisal/evaluation all Spa Associates
- Facilitates various training modules pertaining to the spa services and programs
- Provides support and communicates with all levels of management regarding Company policies and procedures acting as a liaison between the spa and other Wind Creek Departments
- Generates and delivers reports and presentations to Wind Creek senior management, regarding the spa
- Identifies and recommends solutions when the department faces repetition of performance problems that indicate a negative trend
- Informs appropriate management of any potential situation that may require further attention. This includes but is not limited to: safety issues and concerns, OSHA compliance, ADA compliance, legal compliance, sexual harassment including employee and guests. Follow up to ensure resolution is achieved
- Trains and communicates relevant Company information to employees, as well as directs performance of clerical functions by ensuring a strong communication network, in which employees are well informed of all procedural changes, property information and department and company initiatives.
- Assures that all functions operate within the final budget approval amounts.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the Company mission, vision and values.
- Displays a high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with various organizations and vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm appearance
- Comfortable around guests in a state of undress
- Uphold the ISPA Code of Conduct.
Job Requirements: (please ensure you meet the listed requirements prior to applying)
- Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Business preferred or 2 years supervisory experience in a full service spa
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute using a computer. Skills test will be administered
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Word and Excel. Skills Test will be administered
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference. Skill Test will be administered
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities with progressive supervisory experience
- License or training in a professional capacity is helpful including: Massage therapy, aesthetics, cosmetology
- Ability to utilize computer programs including: OpenCourse and Outlook
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, weekend, and holidays to reflect the needs of the facility
- Able to receive the various services that are offered on our spa menu and be a model for the training of new therapists when requested
Indeed - 5 months ago