Wind River Environmental Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAJuly 14, 2016
If you are looking for a place you can grow your career with, Wind River Environmental is the place to be! The environment is upbeat, collaborative and your co-workers feel like family! If you can think on your feet, enjoy solving problems and comfortable learning on the fly - this is the place for you. I love coming to work everyday to help our customers!
Pros
Learning and collaborative environment, supportive management, advancement opportunities
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stanley, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Wind River Environmental (Stanley Environmental Solutions) is a friendly and motivating place of work. The most enjoyable part of working here is serving people of our community with their service needs. There is a revolving door for professional and personal support with management as well as co-workers.
outcast
driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 26, 2016
This company is a joke. The lack of proper management is astounding. They basically have a revolving door for every field.. The pay is fair but not what you think.Some of the techs are ok to deal with, most aren't though. Totally agree 100% with the stanley review. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Pros
breaks
Cons
Insects and sewage spills everywhere
true reviews do not come from office politicians
driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Beware of office personnel fake reviews.Real down to earth true reviews come from labor and drivers.Dont be fooled by these clowns Stay away .You will be lucky to get paid and not lose your cdl You have been warned
Pros
not a single one
Cons
endless
If Your not Family you don't have a chance
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCAugust 4, 2016
Very disorganized and full of Power Grabbing a Management.The left hand don't know what the right hand is doing and nobody knows who's the boss.You get told one thing and completely made to do another.Trucks are poor to awful shape.Connections leak grease and septic from the trucks from them being negligent and not servicing them.Also in order to survive you must be willing to put your CDL's at risk.Such as Driving Overweight more often than not Driving over the 60 hours that D.O.T gives you.Tires on numerous trucks violate the minimum tread depth required by D.O.T.Also at the Subsidary company where all the grease and septic is dumped they have numerous spills which are left for the ground to soak up or nothing done about it at all.They even go as far as allowing some employees to drive trucks who don't even posses a CDL.Last but not least I am Speaking of a company that Wind River bought out.Stanley Environmental Solutions and Earth Farms. Most reviews you see that has 5 stars you can call the office and ask for that person and you will find out they are family related to the owners of the company.If you read a negative review or something that claims it isn't five star you are hearing from somebody who actually got treated like the outsider of a family owned business.
Pros
Cons
Where do I Start?
Loved this company
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 4, 2016
worked as a server and a host for two years, long hours and hard to advance. Great food, great job culture, great co workers, and outstanding money. Loved working for this company, my only complaint was a few managers, whom have since been fired.
Your only a number in there eyes
Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 20, 2016
Your performance can be the best but once you make a mistake it'll cost you your job. I want a company that don't look at you like a number but as a person.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Co workers stay in other people business
Poor place unsafe needs a union
Driver (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 7, 2016
The team stars should take it over to protect the workers no protection for the workers for the conditions you have to deal with horrible. Dot should really check them and the department of labor also.
Pros
Non
Cons
Safety safety
Poor Communication, Favoritism, Lack of Training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 22, 2014
High Stress with little recognition. No formal training, had to teach myself a majority of my job. No 90-day review. Communication and feedback were terrible. Within a 6 month period 7 employees quit. I was laid off with job re-structuring given as a reason. My position was posted online less than a month later, with NO changes in job description. I felt I was discriminated against, but unfortunately without any proof to back it up.
Pros
Casual work attire
Cons
No benefits for sick time/vacation the first 3 months of employment
Never see home
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAMarch 20, 2016
They work you mad hours and their trucks suck. All Chiefs no Indians. They break all the DOT laws and run you to the ground.co workers were ok
daily duties
Service Tech/Driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJuly 31, 2013
this job was the best job I had the ppl were great all the workers had a brother hood to each other if I never had to move to florida I would still be there good pay plenty of hrs good job security and they care about themselves and their workers this jobs not for everyone but it was a perfect fit for me and they did a lot for me that I could never pay back it realy is a great job/career and company if I had to complain about something it would be the weather conditions and being on call. I would go bak in a second if I had the chance.
Pros
working on the road and differant customers daily
Cons
weather
not all its cracked up to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAOctober 27, 2014
Awful. They want you to do everything at super fast speed. It's unrealistic. And if you don't or you can't you are reprimanded. The organization within the department is a mess. They have you yelling across the room to a dispatcher. Hello it's a call center. Poor training. They shifts range from 6 hours to as long as 10 and it's not 9-5. They are open 7 to 9. Your shift is never the same. Its not fun and the co workers aren't that nice. Very clicky. I couldn't wait to give my notice .
Pros
okay pay.
Cons
poor training and unrealistic expectations
Fun place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Fun place to work. great environment. on the road all day servicing customers. great pay. long hours great coworkers, learned a lot about septic systems
Pros
pay
Cons
Long Hours
Team culture was emphasized and I liked that
Field Office Administrator (FOA) (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAMay 21, 2015
The company worked as a team and i liked that about the company. I enjoyed my time at WRE and was thankful for the opportunity to work there.
Pros
Team culture
Cons
good
Septic Service Technician / Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAOctober 16, 2013
It was a decent working experience, the co workers were alright, the hours were insane 80 plus. Broke all the D.O.T laws and regulations.
Pros
lunch
Cons
bad management
Never Work Here
Sales/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAOctober 28, 2013
Company is focused around the owner making money, you are treated as just another replaceable body
fun work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 7, 2014
typical day would be assisting customers setting up appointments for septic cleaning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wind River Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5