Wind River Environmental Employee Reviews

This place is dumb
Technician (Current Employee) –  Salunga, PASeptember 17, 2017
I can't believe I still work here. The dispatchers are useless along with our management team. Hiring new drivers making $2-$6 more an hour than tenured employees. Someone quits almost weekly. New manager tries to conspire against co-workers and over analyses your work. Safety department is useless unless you have a DOT question. Sales is useless. They give customers a false idea of what we can actually do. Company is quick to shame you. This place is awful. If you like working for awful people this is the place.
Pros
Easy work, co-workers are good
Cons
Insurance, poor pto
Productive easy environment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 17, 2017
Found Wind River through a temp agency and worked there for about a month. It was a typical and friendly work environment where people were there for help whenever you needed.
Do not recommend
Class A Truck Driver Heavy (Former Employee) –  holliston MaJune 26, 2017
Absolute worst place I have ever worked in my career of 37 years in the Construction,transportation and trucking industry. Equipment falling apart, DOT violations and management is nonexistent. Dispatch is a joke, they have no back-ground in the trucking industry have no clue heavy hauling from point A to B. This Company has very cutthroat attitude between most employee's. They give you a Company phone and never answer it... Stay away, far away.
Great Company
Pump Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  New HampshireApril 6, 2017
I have been working for Wind River for over 7 years now and WE have grown too one the largest Waste Water companies on the East Coast, and still growing. With that said, there are no limits when working for Wind River, and the potential of one, is unlimited to the opportunities that Wind River holds, because of the growth of the Company and its Employees, We are Family!
When someone ask me, Do you like your job? I say NO, I LOVE MY JOB
lots of room to advance and grow with the company
Driver (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 29, 2017
Wind River is a good place to work . busy times are busy pay is great . teamwork and training is second to none. I have worked for numerous trucking company's from heating oil to trash and Wind River employees show true team work the majority of employees will help talk you through any job. Advancement in the company comes quickly for the right people. after one year you can get title five inspector certified, consideration for supervisors and management
for someone who likes to work and wants to grow with a company Wind River is the place to be.
Pros
no deductions for lunch and monthly bonuses
Cons
Satrudays in the spring and fall are mandatory
Good coworkers
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Norwalk,ctMarch 7, 2017
For starters, hard to get any vacation requests. Busy most of the year til winter comes and you work if lucky 2-3 days a week. Managers are out of wack and never organized. There is never equality between coworkers. Not a company I would recommend.
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Managers, hours, equality
Stay Far Far away from the circus.
Truck driver/Technician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 1, 2017
So.... this company is quite possibility the worst managed company i hqve ever worked for. The unorganized management is unbearable. We are not compensated properly for the work and stuff we have to deal with. I was warned to stay away from this place and took the job anyways and all i can say is wrong move... Stay far away from this company.
Pros
Cons
The list is endless
Stay away!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAFebruary 9, 2017
So called management don't know what they are doing.. They act more like a high school clique than a professional place of business,
Pros
OK pay if you can stand the working conditions
Cons
Too many to list
See Below
Mechanic, Welder (Former Employee) –  Sterling, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Management and co-workers at Wind River Envirmental were great to work with. Salary and benefits were great but I had an opportunity to start my own business. Due to the economy, I decided to shift my career back to what I do best, mechanics.
true reviews do not come from office politicians
driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Beware of office personnel fake reviews.Real down to earth true reviews come from labor and drivers.Dont be fooled by these clowns Stay away .You will be lucky to get paid and not lose your cdl You have been warned
Pros
not a single one
Cons
endless
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stanley, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Wind River Environmental (Stanley Environmental Solutions) is a friendly and motivating place of work. The most enjoyable part of working here is serving people of our community with their service needs. There is a revolving door for professional and personal support with management as well as co-workers.
outcast
driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 26, 2016
This company is a joke. The lack of proper management is astounding. They basically have a revolving door for every field.. The pay is fair but not what you think.Some of the techs are ok to deal with, most aren't though. Totally agree 100% with the stanley review. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Pros
breaks
Cons
Insects and sewage spills everywhere
Your only a number in there eyes
Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 20, 2016
Your performance can be the best but once you make a mistake it'll cost you your job. I want a company that don't look at you like a number but as a person.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Co workers stay in other people business
Poor place unsafe needs a union
Driver (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 7, 2016
The team stars should take it over to protect the workers no protection for the workers for the conditions you have to deal with horrible. Dot should really check them and the department of labor also.
Pros
Non
Cons
Safety safety
If Your not Family you don't have a chance
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCAugust 4, 2016
Very disorganized and full of Power Grabbing a Management.The left hand don't know what the right hand is doing and nobody knows who's the boss.You get told one thing and completely made to do another.Trucks are poor to awful shape.Connections leak grease and septic from the trucks from them being negligent and not servicing them.Also in order to survive you must be willing to put your CDL's at risk.Such as Driving Overweight more often than not Driving over the 60 hours that D.O.T gives you.Tires on numerous trucks violate the minimum tread depth required by D.O.T.Also at the Subsidary company where all the grease and septic is dumped they have numerous spills which are left for the ground to soak up or nothing done about it at all.They even go as far as allowing some employees to drive trucks who don't even posses a CDL.Last but not least I am Speaking of a company that Wind River bought out.Stanley Environmental Solutions and Earth Farms. Most reviews you see that has 5 stars you can call the office and ask for that person and you will find out they are family related to the owners of the company.If you read a negative review or something that claims it isn't five star you are hearing from somebody who actually got treated like the outsider of a family owned business.
Pros
Cons
Where do I Start?
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAJuly 14, 2016
If you are looking for a place you can grow your career with, Wind River Environmental is the place to be! The environment is upbeat, collaborative and your co-workers feel like family! If you can think on your feet, enjoy solving problems and comfortable learning on the fly - this is the place for you. I love coming to work everyday to help our customers!
Pros
Learning and collaborative environment, supportive management, advancement opportunities
Okay
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 4, 2016
Okay, but very disorganized. Seems new people get very little training. Would like to see more training for a company that wants to expand. I've gone to jobs were sometimes I not sure how to do the job.
Pros
Job is good
Cons
Non stop
Loved this company
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 4, 2016
worked as a server and a host for two years, long hours and hard to advance. Great food, great job culture, great co workers, and outstanding money. Loved working for this company, my only complaint was a few managers, whom have since been fired.
Never see home
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAMarch 20, 2016
They work you mad hours and their trucks suck. All Chiefs no Indians. They break all the DOT laws and run you to the ground.co workers were ok
Team culture was emphasized and I liked that
Field Office Administrator (FOA) (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAMay 21, 2015
The company worked as a team and i liked that about the company. I enjoyed my time at WRE and was thankful for the opportunity to work there.
Pros
Team culture
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wind River Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5