Wind River Employee Reviews in United States

Company that is struggling
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAAugust 10, 2016
Great office location and people. But the technology and embedded space are diminished by competitors and open source. Wind River struggled to stay ahead. Imminent integration into Intel.
Professional Environment
Software Development Tester (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CASeptember 7, 2014
They treat their employees with a high level of respect, always creating a comfortable and professional environment.
Great company, fun staff, good pay.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 14, 2014
Wind River was one of my first jobs out of college and I really enjoyed it. I was promoted from Sales support to Inside Sales within 4 months and took off from there. I really liked the people I worked with and the campus culture. I learned valuable sales skills both personally and with CRM platforms like Salesforce. Unfortunately, when the economy took a hit they had to let go of a lot of people and I was layed off. Otherwise I would of liked to work there a lot longer.
Pros
fun staff, fun culture, challenging and great pay.
Cons
early lay off because of economy.
Very innovative and remarkable work place.
Senior Engineering Technician/Project manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2013
A great work environment, very skilled Engineers and a top notch management. During slow times I crossed trained to other needed responsibilities. Co-workers were friendly, helpful and easy to get along with. Hardest part, keeping up with the split shift project needs and demands. Most enjoyable, easy, the people! The friendship and "family" style attitudes of everyone.
Pros
fruit bar, popcorn and winedown fridays
Cons
parking and comute distance
Productive and good place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 23, 2013
This was a busy job with constant contact with clients and visitors. I answered the switchboard for a commercial leasing company. I learned a lot about leasing office space. My supervisor allowed me to work unsupervised most of the time which was great. I was the only employee as my supervisor was the property manager for several properties. There was never a time where I considered my job hard. I was able to handle all of my tasks with confidence. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no healthcare benefits