Winder Farms Employee Reviews

Love the food we sell
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2017
Worked at Winder Farms for along time. It started out as an ok company,Money was good. Managers we're ok also, best part of the job was moving up the chain. But that took awhile to accomplish I would have to say the worst experience I had over the years of service was being accused of wrongful termination. After years of service my managers didn't back me up at all. The one thing I learned is never ever talk with your employees about there personal lives if u want your job stolen. Only trust in yourself not anyone else.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Managment doesn't care about other managers and communication in well below Par
long hours, cut pay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 13, 2017
Top managment only think about hitting numbers so they can get their bonus, cant or wont fix trucks properly, cut drivers pay, and they have the hardest jobs by far, they work the worst time of the day(graveyards), worst time of year(winter), having to chain, spring through fall are not to bad. Hard on your body
Pros
other drivers, steady job
Cons
pay, hard on your body and sleep life, expensive benefits, tons of driving
Overworked.
Route Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2017
A physically demanding job. Delivered, on average, to 150+ customers per night. In order to finish in a reasonable amount of time it was necessary to run each order up to the door. Worked approximately 10+ hours per night without additional compensation.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
Laid off when I injured my ankle
Fun Environment, Love Being Outside
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2017
Fun company when you're making sales. Can be rough if you're not. This is 100% commissioned. If you're comfortable knocking doors, a lot of doors every day then this is a great fit. If you're successful then you can do events (trade shows, farmers markets, carnivals, etc). Go where the people are and be able to sell them home delivery service and you'll do great. You'll know pretty quickly if you can make it or not.
Pros
Being outside, casual environment
Cons
Tough gig, really can be a grind
Would not recommend working here
Employee (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 24, 2017
Benefits suck big time, Only get 4 paid holidays. Working conditions suck. Wages are not good, No room for advancement. Not a happy place to work.
This place is a mess.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2017
STOP! DONT DO IT! This place is a mess. They even have turnover in their office with upper Management. That should tell you enough.

Managers scream and curse at each other in front of employees, each department seems as though they are from a different company because they fight over things constantly. In 6 years here, I dont know one person that likes their job. You work 14 to 16 hours per day, safety is an afterthought, there is no plan B for anything, fly by the seat of your pants and hope there are no issues.

There are 7 Vice Presidents here, everyone of them is a BOSS, no leadership skills.
Pros
The products are good.
Cons
Management, lack of safety, the treatment of employees, driven by numbers and everyone is replaceable. Of course we know this, but we dont deserve to be treated as such.
A very fast pace job that was busy
Route Driver / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I was a delivery driver that had a night shift which was horrible but the pay and the benefits were great. I would recommend this company if you like working at night.
Fun family like environment
MAC sales specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs. It didn't feel like work because it was so fun. Everyone was very close and we had a lot of fun while being productive.
Pros
Family type environment
Cons
Job security
Great place to work with great people
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 3, 2017
This company is a great one to work for. Even if you're an intern or part time employee the other employees make you feel welcome. It is a safe and comfortable environment that allows you to grow in whatever field you may be pursuing. The people there are fun and make it so you look forward to going each day.
Pros
Own cubical, work computer, snacks, drinks
Cons
snacks run out, no windows
I'll never work for this company
future employee who quit (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTAugust 28, 2016
Just based on the reviews of what past employees have said I will not work for such a shody company! Too many bad reviews. So all in all this is a no bueno type of company.
Pros
You get to work holidays
Cons
you have to work holidays
Great company, great products, great service
Sales/HR (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 9, 2016
Winder Farms is a great company and a great place to work.

Like any company, there are many different positions at Winder Farms. Some are more challenging than others.

Door to door sales is a hard job, no matter who you work for. Winder Farms has a guaranteed training pay and a very generous commission structure during training and after. Yes, like any job, there is a learning curve. If you are self-motivated and self-disciplined, you will thrive and make a very comfortable living, as several very long-term sales reps will testify.

The management are truly good, caring people who want good things for their employees and the company.

Winder Farms is big enough to be solid and small enough to feel like family.
Pros
Stable, benefits, rewarded for results, family feel, company you can be proud of
A friendly atmosphere with genuine interest in your well being.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 1, 2016
I had the opportunity to work a short time at Winder Farms. The efforts put into ensuring the food products they distribute were wholesome, local, and organic are top notch. It was such a friendly place to work. Many times did the president stop by interested in my well being.
Pros
Free chocolate milk and other snacks, HSA matching, wellness program
Cons
Healthcare and benefits cost.
Great job if thats all your looking for
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  WVCFebruary 8, 2016
I really enjoyed the work, I worked graveyards delivering milk and food products to the front porch of homes. The best part was that there was never anyone looking over your shoulder telling you what to do, you were to some degree your own boss.A bad part was that you would get docked pay if you didn't finish all of your deliveries by 8 am. and meet the required 15 stops per hour. My co-workers were friendly, there wasn't much gossip. The pay over the years has decreased and the work load has increased. all drivers get 10.00 per hour. but with all of the hours the over time really helps. I worked about 11-12 hours per day. 115-125 hours per pay period was common for my routes. There was a bonus based on several calculations, but I never understood how it worked. Some paydays the bonus was decent and others it wasn't. for me it was a shot in the dark. Your working outdoors so the temps in winter can be -5 degrees in winter and during summer it can be in the 80's at night, so you get to spend 50-60 hours a week in these conditions. fall and spring is the best and be prepared to drive in winter storms, chaining up your tires is common. Vacation pay is the only benefit they offered me, but it was at a reduced wage than I normally get, so taking vacation was hard financially, plus it was getting hard to get anyone to cover your route. so there were times they would say you can take the week off, but you have to be on "call back". meaning you couldn't go anywhere. They took the 401 k match away several years ago. and I have seen the customer count decrease and the driving area  more... increase making it harder to achieve the 15 stops per hour. there are also 2 sizes of trucks small and large, the small trucks are harder to work out of and make it hard to maintain the 15 stops per hour while the bigger trucks are more accommodating and the drivers who are lucky enough to get these can obtain the 15 stops much easier. These are a few reasons I left. I really wish this company the best, I have been grateful for the opportunity, right now it just doesn't meet my needs and I look forward to learning a new skill  less
Pros
Very active, this job will keep you healthy
Cons
No pay increases, benifits are not that great
Horrible Employer
Employee (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 22, 2015
This company has no regard for the safety of it's employees. You will never have a reliable vehicle to perform your daily work duties. If you find anything wrong with your work vehicle, the company's answer will be "drive it until it breaks down."
Also, the company's "benefits" are some of the worst you will ever see but Winder will encourage you to buy in because it gives Winder Farms a discount on their coverage if everyone participates!
The pay compensation for employees is so complicated, you will never know the amount of your paycheck until it is in your bank account. There are multiple factors to the pay scale that you have absolutely NO control over. Not to mention a drop in pay every 6-8 months, all while working more hours along the way (average of 55 hours a week). Don't forget, you don't get holidays off at Winder Farms, or on the chance you do such as Christmas, Thanksgiving or New Years Day, you will work on Saturday to make up for the "time off."
Pros
Affordable Winder Farms products
Cons
Varying Pay, Unsafe Work Conditions, Extremely Long Hours, Work most major Holidays, Horible Benefits Package
Awful place to work unless your just slamming a paycheck.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2015
Management is awful and or incompetent. The only thing they care about is their bonuses. Your co-workers are miserable to work with and nobody really cares about their job here. Drivers make the most but they changed the pay scale at the beginning of the year. Some employees attitudes are terrible making the work environment nearly toxic to be in. The near constant changing of employees makes it difficult to know anybody and causes the older employees to pick up the slack. Trucks are in horrendous shape due to years of neglect and shoddy repair work. Almost all of the food items aren't properly sealed which allows for tampering of the items, including the milk. Some items flat out DONT have any labels period. The ice packs that they use ARE NOT washed. Most ice packs have MOLD on them and are then used to keep orders cold. If your just looking to slam a terrible paycheck and not have any responsibilities in life, this job is for you. Otherwise, I would steer clear of this company.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Just about everything
Sales, this is really sales?
Salws (Former Employee) –  SlcAugust 7, 2015
Winder Farms needs to take a step back & get with the times. You can definitely make money with this company but you are at the mercy of every person you sign up. You can sign up a new customer & everything seems great up front but peoples needs & wants change & you get the negative end of that story no matter what. There is no procedure (SOP) in place for anything.

They charge you for samples (which are key in solidifiy a deal) & charge you to go to an "event or show" regardless of it's potential or past performance. They do not reimburse for mileage until your 10+ sign ups take 6 deliveries in 8 weeks. They require you to go to a meeting every morning which doesn't pay a dime & it is extremely unprofessional.

The training is by far the worst thing you can imagine & there is no structure or relevance whatsoever. The morning meetings are supposed to be educational & motivational but they are not. They are depressing.

When a customer quits before 6 deliveries & you bring it up they tell you "go sign up another one". There is a big discrimination factor (especially in Utah, if you are not LDS).

This company would double in size & profit if they took the time to figure out what the real world of sales is all about. The new hire " training" is a joke & 90% of new hires are pre-destined to fail.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, stability, piece of mind, benefits, pride
Great overnite job
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2015
I always felt welcome and comfortable work here. I liked the responsibility of managing a route and dealing with customer related issues. I developed great relationships with my customers and enjoyed providing them new services and products.
Pros
Overnite work "NO Traffic"
Cons
sleeping all day
Fun and fast paced company with a family feel.
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 16, 2015
I have worked at Winder Farms for almost 5 years and have loved every minute of it. It is a fun and fast paced work environment. The management is great, and the environment around the office is like a small company family feel.
I worked in customer service which would entail taking phone calls about change orders, skipping deliveries, issues with products, and billing inquiries. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone.
Fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West ValleyJune 14, 2015
I loved working at Winder Farms. For me I worked as a Customer Service Rep, and spent my time on the phones. However, take out all of your thoughts of a call center environment because that will never exist here. In my team we had a max of 15 employees on the phones. I worked morning at 8 AM and got off in the afternoon. During this time I helped customers with their accounts or other complications. Winder Farms genuinely wants you to make connections with the customers, and help them in every way you can. I loved how close the company was with the employees and it really made me feel like part of the family. The only issue was it that they are a business who cares too much about people. The rest of the world is not like Winder Farms, and because of this they are suffering for it. The management can be confusing, but really what else can you expect from a family owned business.
Pros
Great Place to work!
Cons
Inconsistent Management
hours of tireless knocking house door to house door. If you don't make a sale you don't get a paycheck
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CaMay 1, 2015
I worked there for 3 months it was terrible!! Door to door in areas that are not even permitted. If you don't sell you don't make money. They don't tell you up front what you have to do to be compensated during your training period so you except the job under false pretenses. You can work 40 hours a week and not make a penny
Pros
non
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winder Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3