Winder Farms

Winder Farms Employer Reviews

Great Business Where a self driven employee can thrive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no benefits
Preparing order sheets, ordering samples, Working with driven employees in the door to door work. Best part of the job was actually getting paid for how much work was put out.
Grind........
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Las VegasApril 13, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers, manager has great attitude
Cons: horrible compensation, obamacare benefits, a lot of homework during training
This job is a total grind. They require you to make at least 6 sales per week, or they let you go.

When you start up, the training is TOUGH.
They require a LOT of time reading their training books, doing quizzes and homework.

Money earned is solely based on making sales. You are at the mercy of the customer, because if they cancel the service, you – more... pay for it.

You have to pay for samples, and for going to events.

It's not a great job if you want to have a life outside of work. I don't recommend it at all. – less
Sales Sales Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
It's straight up door-to-door sales. Grinding everyday. Get to work on own schedule but not alot of support.
good
Sales (Former Employee), st george utOctober 7, 2013
I didnt like full commision , very difficult to manage finances and the work life balance wasnt good , worked 7 days a week sometimes due to events.
Door To Door Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2013
Pros: daytime job, weekdays only.
Cons: no sale? no money. working for free.
1st, if you don't like door to door sales this is not for you, you will feel demoralized due that if you don't sell you don't get paid regardless of time and effort.
They offer training bonus of 2k (2 months lapse), but its hard for newbies, due that they have pages of checklists in order to qualify for those, if you don't meet ALL the criteria for – more... the bonus, you pretty much get ZERO money, its all or nothing. Select the base pay instead, which is that you'll get at least 240 a week even if you don't sell, and for newbies, you don't have to worry if you don't get any money in training bonus.
Turn over is high. Motivation or being willing to try matters little, if you are not into door to door sales, you are wasting your time. 6 sales minimum per week to keep your job, otherwise the company can terminate you for any reason at any time (employment is at will).
Everybody its nice in there, but employees are afraid of disclosing how much they earn, it may not be much, due that you'll notice what they drive, or how cheap some are, having "successful sales" and unable to fix their own teeth. You have to be money motivated to survive in here. – less
my work day
Sales (Former Employee), Eagle Mountain, UTSeptember 14, 2013
I will be up early, taking care of four children, because I am a single father, then off to work. Then arrive 15 minutes early. Then prepare to look at the project that was not finished the night before, look for the days list and attend to it with my crew of men that would be working with me or under me. Then myself in with the supervisor to start – more... making up the next days list. – less
Very fun environment and rewarding.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 9, 2013
Pros: employee discount.
Cons: labor intensive.
This was a really fun job. I was able to balance my kids needs with work and the management was very easy going and understanding.
Easy going job pulling orders
Order Puller (Former Employee), West Haven, UTMarch 9, 2013
I was on an on-call status. I would pull orders to go on deliveries every night.
You will be knocking on doors somedays and make no money
Events Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2012
Pros: discounts on your own home service
Cons: you don't know from week to week what your getting paid
I worked for this company for 5 years. I showed Winder Farms a different way to obtained customers in Las Vegas. I obtained over 2,500 new customers for them. I averaged 40 sales per month.

I started events in Vegas. I set up over 200 events in 5 years which helped put Winder Farms name out in Las Vegas,Pahrump,Boulder city and Henderson.

I arranged – more... and organized events for the reps in Las Vegas and I was never paid for this job. I asked the VP of sales for a salary or to get paid for the events I was bringing in every year. I was told no salary rise. I was told that I was given a van to drive.

The van was used to carry equipment for all the events. I found out that they just made a rep the Event Coordinator for Las Vegas and are paying him for the same job that I did for 5 years. I also paid for the gas and never got reimbursed for it. They tell you will get 401K but thats not true. They stopped this.

I was the second top selling sales rep in Las Vegas. I was salesman of the month 5 times. While Working for them, I lost my house
and my car. When I was hired they told me I would make a certain amount of money. That was not true.

They are the only company I know who makes their sales reps pay for the company's Advertising and Marketing. They do this by making you pay for all events that the company does. They will also take back money back from the reps when a customer quits service before 5 deliveries. If the customer quits because of bad products or bad service from the drivers. The sales reps still get charged for someone elses mistakes. When it gets hot in the summer or cold in the winter you might get one or two sales a day if your lucky.

They will require you to knock on doors for 8 hours a day. If you get no sales that day, thats to bad. I have seen reps worked 40 hours a week and with all the money they take out of your check for events and customer quits. You will not be able to take care of your family or not get a check that week.

They will require you to come to meetings, but you don't get paid for them. You will be required to work 8 hour days and pay you only commission. They have gone thru hundreds of new reps in 5 years since I have been there. You could make as much money as you want. They charge you for samples and for all events you participate in and customer quits. They will train you to sell but not everybody sells the same.

They have their favorite sales reps. Some of them are given special deals to get sales from the Sales Manager. Others don't get the same treatment. I felt this was not fair. I saw new salesmen who never had sold Winder before made Managers after one month and they had a house rented for them. I saw a young college student made a manger in training who had no experience.

His team quit and then he was put in a B2B team. He didn't even sell 30 sales while he was there. They then made him the office manager to input sales, but he wasn't fast enough at that. They then promoted him to a Marketing Manager which he really didn't make any money for Winder Farms. I am not sure why a company would keep promoting a person who couldn't sell. Must be a religion thing. Wasn't based on experience.

I was terminated and never given reason. They said I didn't fit. I guess I didn't fit for 5 years. I think the reason is that I knew to much of what they were doing to their reps. They didn't want the new reps to know what I knew. Most reps at Winder work pay check to pay check. They last maybe a year there if they can sell. They paint a pretty picture for you. You will have motivational meetings everyday.

I was asked not to say bad things about them. They wanted me to keep things professional. You could make good money if you have alot of events or given special deals to sell.There is no advancement possibilties at this company. They do not give any salesman a salary. They don't care if you can pay your bills or not. They will give you an excuse and tell you that you have to sell more. I am not saying anything bad about them. I may sound like I am bitter. I am a little disappointed in management. They wll ask you for new ideas. If it doesn't come from mnagement. Chances are you won't get paid. They will come up with a reason not to pay you Winder always told us that we were all family.

I thought that I could maybe someday retire from there. I am just telling you the truth of how things really are at this company. You
can go apply. At least you will know what your getting into. – less
It's was a cool experience talking to so many cool people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch, pay, work hours
Cons: pay
A typical day at work would usually start with coffee after first showing up. Then there was the group discussion witch consisted of where the company is at some criticism. After witch comes our personal goals.

Management there was suprisingly harsh at least for how hard most of the people there were working. Although they tried to keep a positive – more... attitude they did get very disappointed at times with our performance. Only because he/she believed we could do better than what we were all doing.

The co-worker there that I personally worked with were all good. They saw my potenial an wanted to push me to achieve exactly that even though I didn't see it in myself.

What I learned from working on a job as fast pace and cut throat as that one is to always listen to your elders no matter how foolish they my sound. To always treat the customers as people first not coming off as a sales man but to strike a conversation to ease the tension. To ask relevant questions that tie into what your selling and to listen to their response tuning into their wants and needs. To use their wants and need in order to present the product more effectively. How to overcome objection they may have by listening to their problems and coming up with the solution in the realm of company policy.

The hardest part of the job by far was overcoming the objections only because most of the objections that I heard were legitimate. Witch made the very hard for me to overcome.

The most enjoyable part of the job by far is going out and meeting all the good people out there and having a chance to conversate with them. Even if they didn't want to buy what are company had to offer the pleasure of talking to them was much appreciated. – less
They don't take safety seriously
(UT), Corporate Maintenance Director (Former Employee), West Valley UtahJune 28, 2012
They need to upgrade the buildings, and equipment and work on safety issues
Meeting new people
Route Sales (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJune 12, 2012
Pros: learning how to cook from great chefs
Cons: often 12-14 hour days
I have loved getting to know more about food, coffee, pastries, and the people who make it all happen.I have met, and made many friends in the food industry.
Great ideas and products, need help on the back end
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UT, Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: keep busy, never dull moment
Cons: 12 hour shifts, 5 days a week. no holidays
At first it was a great place to work, but with any fast growing company change happens fast. Hard work and company loyalty is quickly forgotten and overlooked to save a buck. Once you start making good money, your pay plan changes to pay you less and give you more work at the same time.