Windham Professionals Employee Reviews in United States

Productive fun work enviornment
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 22, 2016
A typical workday at Windham Professionals is punching in at your desk and dialing the phone. I learned how to communicate with those around me and on the phone, I learned a lot about collection matters and invoices/ office work etc. My coworkers were amazing and were always willing to help a hand reaching out. The hardest part of my job was making my schedule and sticking to it due to the fact they are flexible with hours in certain departments.
Pros
Clean enviornment
Cons
No lunches available
Terrible place to work.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 6, 2016
I kept this job for maybe a month after training and then decided to leave. Managers play favorites, unrealistic goals and if your new they give you all the old account that the long timers haven't been able to get. They expect you to hit an unreasonable quota after the first month and the accounts you get are all the ones that the long time employees can't get. If you do get fresh accounts they take them away and give them to the long time employees. I wouldn't let my kids work here when they look for a job.
Pros
good lunchroom, decent hours
Cons
unrealistic goal and favoritism
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 24, 2016
I would still be working there if they did not close the Woburn office.
I was the admin person. I loved my job, the people I worked with and for and the location. Everyone knew their job and did it. Management was there if you needed help but never looking over your shoulder. They had contests for the collectors with great prizes which really gave them incentive to go the extra mile.
Pros
Could wear jeans, pizza day, contests with great prizes
Cons
They closed the Woburn office
Unprofessional Company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TN 37075August 9, 2016
Company does not allow interoffice advancement unless its the same department you were hired into. Navient company does not care about their employees and only about making the company money. A typical workday includes watching a neighboring employees be walked up front while management quickly gather and box up the employees belongings.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything….Seriously! Stay away!
Fun environment and environment is important to enjoy your job and want to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 18, 2016
*fast paced, skip-tracing, cold calling, filing
*learned how to multi-task, advancing in training skills, computers
*management taught you how to solve without always needing management but if needed they're there. each department had a Manager/Supervisor.
*worked together as a team with healthy individual competition.
Pros
one day a week company did lunch reward and once every month a banquet or some sort of get together.
Cons
healthcare very expensive.
Negative work environment
Account specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
Managers pick there favorites and if any employee has an issue and try to talk to upper management in regards to it the issue gets blown out of proportion and nothing is solved. They will always side with management and never try to resolve with employee they will just start fishing for a reason to fire you
Pros
Cons
Bad management makes a bad environment
Productive environment, keeps us informed and up to date with current FDCP Laws
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2016
Windham Professionals is a Professional Collection Agency, with a laid back environment. There are no Micro-Managers, we are allowed to perform at our own pace while staying within the guidelines of collecting.
Pros
Endless Bonus Program
Cons
Sitting all day
Collections
Collector (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJanuary 12, 2016
An average day collecting on defaulted student loans was calling and calling borrowers for payments and paperwork. Skip tracing via the internet was another important part of the work day. "Smiling and dialing" was the key to the shift. My manager was a great guy, he not only cared about hitting goal but he cared about us as people and employees. The hardest part of the job was the debtors, which anyone with collections experience knows about. The best part of the job was my team, they were a great bunch of people to work with.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Debtors
Fast paced work environment
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYApril 16, 2016
Busy for your entire day. Co-workers are mostly willing to assist in others success. Managers give report cards monthly to help make sure the employees always know what they are doing well and what they can improve.
Great Pay
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 19, 2016
They were great paying employers. However didn't have the right character personality to collect effectively. Great management and co workers.
Great Place to work
Customer Service - Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woburn MaSeptember 30, 2015
Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
Monthly Delinquency notices
Processing monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting
High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
Manage customers on the shutdown report
Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
Provide excellent & considerate customer service to dealers and sales
External customer interface
Participate in team planning meetings
Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
Enjoyable and laid-back workplace
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
My job experience as a student loan collector with Windham Professionals was overall satisfying and I developed great work-ethic and character while I performed various duties there. My managers were flexible and made sure my needs were met as well as coworkers if I needed them for anything regarding the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was hitting your goal for that collection month and being rewarded for your tasks.
Pros
long breaks, commission, benefits
Great Place To Work If You Like Collections
Loan Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 17, 2016
Worked at Windham for almost a year and enjoyed being there for the most part. They try their best to make sure that you are thoroughly trained in a class setting for two weeks, before hitting the floor and even then, another two weeks of training on the phones before being allowed to work on your own. Most of the managers work with you, for if you succeed, they succeed. Very goal oriented and great bonuses for reaching your goals but base pay and benefits are good, even though the benefits are a bit expensive. They do all sorts of things to add levity to what can be a very stressful and discouraging work. Also, they make it very clear that you will be terminated if you continuously fall short of your goal. However, they give you a few months to catch on, before they do. If you get a good manager and put in the work, you will more than likely make it. I only left because collections is not my thing. Would recommend them to anyone who is in collections and looking for a job. Show up, do your job, have a good attitude and you will do well there.
Pros
Decent base salary and great incentives. Training and frequent activities to add a bit of levity.
Cons
Stress trying to reach your goal/job security, late nights once or twice a week, half day one Saturday per month, expensive benefits.
productive work environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 1, 2015
a typical work day would consist of using the phone to reach consumers about student loan debt, I learned how to address and assess the needs of consumers at all emotional levels, in a calm and helpful professional manner. management was typically helpful, when situations would reach a level that would require the intervention of a person who held a higher position in the company. my coworkers had the same responsibilities to complete on a day to day bases that i had, which made it easy to relate to there methods toward successfully completing a job and made it possible to adapt techniques that i thought might work better then my own. the hardest part of the job was following up with people to help them complete the necessary requirements that would allow the company to help them. my favorite part of the job was the people, both on the phone and in the work place.
Job security and advancement oppertunities
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 7, 2015
My time at Windham Professionals has been pleasant and productive. I have picked up a lot of tips and upper management was great to work with and help learn new things everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be a team lead, be driven to make commission and help mold new employees to be the best they can be and achieve their potential.
Pros
good work enviornment, good coworkers, commission checks
Cons
Expensive benefits and some scheduling
Plenty of Variety
Customer Service/Student Loan Collections (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 10, 2015
Enjoyed working with co-workers in a call center environment. Each day was very different, each call , you never knew what to expect. But it kept things interesting that the job had so much variety.
n/a
Collector / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
alot of favoritism and goal driven , no one take time to teach or help just worried about metric and payouts. but they did provided alot of empolyee incentives
NIce and quiet environmental workplace
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at Windham is never fun because most of the day you don't receive any phone calls from the outside at all, may 4 or 5 calls in 8 hours it makes the day drag
Cons
nice breaks, pretty scenery
Great place to work!
Senior Loan Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 18, 2015
Wonderful employees and management. Great benefits! Family oriented. Great place for single mothers. Very busy - fast- days went by so fast!
Productive workplace
Debt Colector (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 17, 2015
This company is a very fast paced and high volume of debtor calls daily. Must be very fast paced and be able to accept constructive criticism. Most of the co workers were pretty friendly however the completion was awesome.

2.6