Windham Professionals Employee Reviews

A Collections Agency
Collector (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 17, 2017
Things may have changed since a lot of the management at my location was turned over, but here's the skinny:
- Most people are poor. They'll give you a big talk about earning a lot of money, but while I was there even the good collectors had trouble meeting every element of their quota (there are several quotas one has to meet)
- Collectors generally not empowered/encouraged to do very much. While a good debt collector should act in an opportunistic and cunning fashion, a one-size-fits all approach was advocated; call times, on-call percentage and other call-center stats were emphasized over research, skills and results. Garnishment, which is great for clients, is generally not a winning proposition for an individual debt collector, since they have to take the time and do research before handing it off to another department that gets the credit.
- Supervisors in the bullpen have an elevated seat, to create an atmosphere where collectors feel as if someone is always looking over their shoulder. While great for enforcing compliance, it's not great for boosting confidence and makes for a more stressful work environment.
high turn over call center
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 8, 2017
not very organized. high turn over and very strict. Some of the Managers are very nice and do try to be helpful to their employees. very loud environment.
Terrible
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NYJune 7, 2017
As a collections specialist, your job is not secure. Benefits are terrible, and managers have no idea what's going on a majority of the time. Potential to make money is good, however.
productive
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 5, 2017
This is a very fast paced collections company. they provide decent working hours, friendly management and very active within the community. This is a good company to work for.
Terrible place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 4, 2017
Old school management style, Managers yell at subordinates, Very stressful environment, Terrible benefits, low pay

Nice CEO - but not aware what is going on in the trenches.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Old school management style, Managers yell at subordinates, Very stressful environment, Terribkle benefits, low pay
Unable to provide a summary
DEBT COLLECTOR/RESOLUTIONS (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 2, 2017
They let me go the day prior to my vacation and was the last in group to be let go. I believe my position was eliminated due to no one ever filled it.
Pros
Wadges and Holidays were wonderful
Cons
No Cons
Ever stagnant w no rm for advancement
ED Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 17, 2017
OK money,horribly expensive benefits and shrinking bonus structure. Middle mgr very hands off. Very nepatistic atmosphere, its who likes who not who Succeeds.
Good Pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNApril 18, 2017
I loved this job but I was off one hour from 40 hours in my first 6 months and I was cut. It hurt me so bad because I honestly thought I could make it up. But my team lead was a rude pompous brat who always had a power trip. Great cafeteria btw.
Pros
Pay, Environment
Cons
Management, Policies
Excellent place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
I loves working for this company I was able
To grow and and learn a lot. And was able to make lots of money there. The hours were great . The uptraing program was great as well.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Relocating
New Experience
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 11, 2017
I've worked at Windham over a year now and it has been a great experience. My schedule is very flexible which helps because I have a family. I will definitely recommend Windham Professionals to my friends and family or to anyone looking to apply.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Employee Bases / Family Business
Call monitor (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHMarch 30, 2017
Windham is a good employer overall, my specific department management could never be on the same page, not a lot of contact or guidance.

Great benefits, friendly environment.
negative enviroment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 8, 2017
I worked in TN department of education collection student loan debt. My manager seemed partial to the men... a lot of favoritism went on. A lot of gossip and just was a negative place to be.
Pros
learning new things and challenges
Cons
negative enviroment in general
Very depressing and cut throat culture...
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2017
A typical day at Windham consisted of making around 200 outbound calls a day, to student's that have defaulted their federal student loans, and try to get them into a loan rehabilitation program. I learned a lot about skip tracing (i.e. finding borrow's place of employment, where they really lived, who they lived with, how much they make, ect.) working in collections, and that part I found really interesting. The management there were very knowledgeable, just not very willing to help the team; to the point were if you had a question or needed them to do something to progress an account, it would stress them out and get angry with you. Basically making it to were you don't even want to ask for help... The hardest part about the job was, making 200+ phone calls a day and only talking to maybe 5 people (if they didn't hang up on you immediately.) This made for a very long day indeed, because I like being busy and on the phone actually talking to another person; this is by far much more my style. So I would have to say the most enjoyable part about my job was, when I finally got someone to talk/listen to me, was able to help the student get into a Rehabilitation Program, and got them out of default!
Pros
Pay was good, clean environment, big break room, beautiful location at "The Arizona Center" down town Phoenix
Cons
Unless you want to pay for parking, be prepaired to walk a mile to work; no joke. very cut throat environment, senior reps always taking your accounts so you can't make commission; you will have 5 boss's, and they all work very close with you, and are very disorganized
Fast paced
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 27, 2017
• Contacting students regarding past due or defaulted student loan accounts Assessed
• skip tracing and locating students contact information
• Maintained high level of professionalism and integrity
• Setting up payment arrangements and or settlements to resolve accounts
Horrible company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 3, 2017
This company was probably the worst company I have worked for. Their bonus system is trash and literally makes it close to impossible to achieve so they don't have to pay you. You don't get any vacation days for an entire year. The office is not professional at all, people always yelling across the rooms, constant arguing and bickering. This company is all about favoritism as well in order to get any of the good accounts to try and make money on. Don't work here.
Professional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 23, 2016
Great company, with great opportunities. Most positions are entry level, but there are many chances to grow.
Would recommend to future employees.
it was hard work
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYNovember 11, 2016
I would go to all the offices and help them out with what they need so I learned many thing. Most of the time I helped the IT guy out and thats were I started to want to work on computers.The hardest part of the day was all of the paper work they have me do. I had alot of fun going around fixing my co-workers computers.
Pros
I learned a lot about computers
Cons
somtimes there was not a lot to do
Very Unprofessonal Enviornment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 5, 2016
The call center managers were very unprofessional. yelling across the room at one another and downgrading employees in front of the entire staff. Would not recommend this company.
Boring job, managemnt and compnay all around great
Commercial Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 14, 2016
Commerical accounts vs ed department.. Go with commercial accounts. All though boring as a job it is the management is amazing as well as co-workers. Great life work balance.
Pros
The company
Cons
Boring job pay sucks
professional
ACCOUNT MANAGER/Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 10, 2016
The most difficult task was being able to get all of the debtors to follow through with paperwork and programs, although the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have assistance whenever needed in a positive environment.
Pros
free pizzas every first week of the month, great benefits, chances to earn bonuses and do overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windham Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6