Windham Professionals

Windham Professionals Employee Reviews

Job security and advancement oppertunities
Team Leader (Current Employee), Woburn, MAMay 7, 2015
Pros: good work enviornment, good coworkers, commission checks
Cons: Expensive benefits and some scheduling
My time at Windham Professionals has been pleasant and productive. I have picked up a lot of tips and upper management was great to work with and help learn new things everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be a team lead, be driven to make commission and help mold new employees to be the best they can be and achieve their potential.
Fun Work Enviroment
Student Loan Collector (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNMarch 3, 2015
This Job is very numbers demanding. Has a fun atmosphere, No cell phone allowed. my time their was short because it was for me but you can make a lot of money there
No security
Debt Collections Department of Education (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYFebruary 17, 2015
There is absolutely no job security , overall you enjoy the people you work with more than anything else.Benefits however were great as well as pay, if you cannot handle the stress however this is not the place for you.
Stressful, unprofessional, inability to communicate, a lot of screaming from managers and upper management
Sr. Collection Manager (Former Employee), Hendersonville TNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: ability to make money
Cons: screaming management, lack of communication, inability to control the clicks, does not care about anyone but themselves
Typical day at work - Upper Management likes to scream at the people and throw fits on the collection floor. When she does this it makes some employees scared and afraid to complain against them because they are protected. i see people that cry everyday or leave mad because they were screamed at by the director. Senior Manager will scream across the floor as well

if you want to work at WPI, my suggestion is make sure you get in with the right click. they are very click.

hardest part of the job is listening to the screams and put downs, obtaining a goal that is set to high

Management needs communication skills, stop the click process, help train their teams with enthusiasm

best part of the job is your co-workers
most enjoyable is the amount of money that you can make
No career at Windham
Student Loan Collector (Current Employee), Woburn, MAJanuary 29, 2015
A poorly ran office with no professional skills. The work is easy but the company is terrible. I am looking for a professional work environment.
Okay work place!!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day began by checking my accounts and making sure payments didn't decline and if noticed some had declined I would reach out to payer and recover payment. After that I would work accounts that have no payments on or payments had ran out. Once recovered payment, would document account and enter payment. If no payment was made I would simply document the discussion that took place. Also, if no discussion took place would still document account. Documenting accounts insures accounts are not overly worked and for future callers to know what conversations had taken place.

I learned a lot from working here. I learned how to better talk to people to collect the past due balances. I grew better skills with using the spread sheet to keep up with my accounts.

Management were pretty easy to work with. My manager always worked with me when it came to my schedule. And, the other co-workers were great, especially the ones who started before me. We would all work together and help each other do a better talk off or how to better use the software.

The hardest part of the job was to get people on the phone. I felt like I called many numbers but could never get anyone on the phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was once getting someone on the phone and helping them figure out a way to get their account resolved in a way to better fit them. I enjoy working with numbers so figuring how much each month for how long was great for me.
THE WORST
Data Entry (Former Employee), Woburn, MADecember 29, 2014
Pros: wear whatever you want
Cons: everything
Ok this place is hands down the worst employer to work for. If you want job stability do not come here. First, the management team are a bunch of power charged baboons, they are in cahoots with HR so if they mistreat you in any way or you report them for doing shady stuff...(i.e harassing women, buying and selling drugs) do not expect anything to come from reporting them. Not only will HR not do anything to help, they will then tell the person you are reporting on about what you have said and then all of a sudden you will start to get written up for a bunch of random things and quickly fired. This has not only happened to me but for my two years of working there have seen over 60 employees hired and then fired. Its crazy. There is no way you can move up and advance your career. Management is management and they look elsewhere for that, not within. Work life balance does not exist, you are constantly working long hours and barely have time for your family and friends. Then the pay is just insulting, you will make more working minimum wage now that its been increased. They kind of people they hire are hoodlums ex drug addicts and alcoholics....seriously this place is a joke...the manager himself is an ex alcoholic who disappeared on a liquor binge, went to rehab and now keeps to himself in his office out of shame.
productive and fun.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Woburn, MANovember 6, 2014
One of the most challenging jobs I ever had. Learned a lot from it.
Great people
Front Line Collector (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYOctober 29, 2014
The company is great to work for as well as the benefits. The pay is excellent as well.
Very Stressful evironment
Account Manager Specialist (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: daily goals set very high and very unlikely to be met by persons with little experience.
Daily stress and very demanding environment. Lack of training on techniques needed to be successful.
productive
Collector (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: fun co workers
Cons: management isvery unprofessional
Outbound call center. I learned how to be very independent when it comes to my job duties. The hardest part of the job is trying to get people on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a borrower to set up.
so glad I don't work here anymore
account manager (Former Employee), HendersonvilleSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: racist, favortism, nepotism
Terrible, most unprofessional place I've ever worked.. with the most racism, nepotism. I have ever seen
Fun place to work with incentives
Senior Collections Manager (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Pros: potential for large bonus monthly
Cons: communication
Overall WPI is a good employer. Monthly bonuses. We take incoming place outgoing calls to set or maintain payment arrangements on defaulted student loans.Good work environment
productive
Collector (Former Employee), Aurora, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month and potential bonuses
Cons: driving distance
I learned how to communicate with all different types of people and personalities. Management was very goal driven always striving to do better. Co-workers were usually very helpful and knowledgeable of job and responsibilities that had to be done. The hardest part of was contacting consumers and making them understand the responsibilities that they had to maintain by resolving the accounts that they created.
The most enjoyable part was self gratification knowing that I was able to help someone resolve an account when they thought there was no hope and they would never be able to take care of it. Some consumers were very grateful that I was able to education them on what they needed to do to help themselves and possibly further them self in life.
productive and positive workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNJune 30, 2014
My job is to call people and try to get them to pay their debt. Also my supervisor gives us a monthly goal more like a challenge on who can get more payments. Whoever reaches their goal gets a bonus check.
Positive communication and teamwork skills.
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNJune 19, 2014
Pros: dental insurance, holidays off and the work days would go fast.
Cons: end of the month close out racing to hit goal.short notice of schedule change
A typical day at work involved placing outbound calls and receiving inbound calls to collect debt. I would begin my day by working the minmium requiremnts of 60 accounts then begin the fun of skip tracing to find the debtors.
I learned so much while working as a debt collector, such as, skiptracing, how to negotiate with debtors, Fair Debt Collections Practice Act and different types of student loans. Management was great, they where always willing to help teach any information needed to get the job done.
The co-workers worked well together and always willing to help one another to reach goal.
The hardest part of this job was meeting goal but the most enjoyable part was self-satisfaction when I hit goals while helping people resolve a debt.
Very stressful and managerment is very unprofessional
Account Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2014
Pros: learned a great deal of tools about skip tracing
Cons: lack of professionalism of management
A typical day at the job was sitting and contacting past due student loan holders to get them on a program to repay their defaulted loan. I learned a great deal of useful tools on skip tracing. Management was very unprofessional and played a number of mind games. HR was slow to respond to request. The hardest part of the job was locating the debt holders. The most enjoyable part of my job was making it through the day.
Not your typical collection agency
Collector (Current Employee), Las VegasJune 12, 2014
Pros: casual dress, health benifits
Cons: bonus plan sucks
Apply if you are okay making manual calls. Very rarely are you on a dialer. The only way you are going to make money is if you are very good at skip tracing. Negotiate a higher hourly because earning commission is nearly impossible. The bonus plan is complicated and has so many variables only 3 out of 10 collector bonus per month.
Enjoying what I do
Student Loan Collector (Current Employee), Salem, NHMay 20, 2014
Primary function as an collector I spent 85% of my day making outbound calls, as well as handling inbound calls to service accounts, and the other 15% skip tracing. I've been able to meet and or exceed my daily, weekly and monthly production goals. Reviewing accounts on a daily basis and maintaining all work queue and desk assignments. Very much indeed energetic, assertive, charismatic and able to easily handle rejection. Also I am ambitious, driven and assertive. I speak Khmer, and I have excellent verbal interpersonal negotiation communication skills. Highly detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task. I enjoy the company that I'm currently work for. At the same time I'm also looking for a new challenge. I want to grow professionally within a stable company. I've seen and is very much interested in this new exciting role that could use my skills to better myself and the growth of your company.
Productive, family like work experience
Collector I (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYMarch 16, 2014
Management is relax, it felt like I could walk up to them with out having any issues
9 hour days with an hour long lunch,
friendly co-workers, not very dramatic.

1 2 3