WINDOW WORLD Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible manager
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 29, 2016
Loved everyone other than manager. she doesn't work with you at all. You should have a leader not just a boss. It is perfect other than that

i loved working with the customers and dealing with our salesman and our installers they were a lot of fun!
Pros
experience
Cons
manager
1099 cheap company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 17, 2016
not where you want to work, short pay easy sell because the windows are cheap, owners ok could do more to help,dont like the work you have to do, sell, measure, order, where most companys have several people doing the work you do and if you measure wrong you bought the window
Cons
a fun and hard working envirnment
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 8, 2016
I love to work and be very productive at work and I am always willing to learn more.I had a fun time learning about the warehouse and all the custom windows.
Good company with flexible hours.
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2016
Management was good. Warehouse workers were respectful and very helpful. Doing old houses was tough but the pay on the job was good. Most work was swift and quick with great co workers, which most people were. I learned more at this job than most past jobs.
Pros
Steady work. Make good money.
Cons
Some long days
Enjoyable place to work. Steady employment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 15, 2016
I only work on Saturday mornings. I schedule appointments for our sales and service people, make reminder calls, and do general office work.
Great company with great people.
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 17, 2015
I love the flexible hours. I get to meet people of all walks of life. We have great travel incentives for corporate get-togethers. The hardest part is making sure all the details are in order for order and install, especially in the busy season. The workload can overflow into my personal time.
Great ownership group
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2015
Owners are great a care about their customers. Job is result oriented and not micromanaged. You will learn customer service skills and able to do sales the honest way.
Great bosses!
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 24, 2015
Enjoy the many duties at Window World. Like talking clients over the phone and in person. Was ask my opinion on many subject on how to improve the job. Did not have any problems putting in extra hours or weekend time. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes.
Pros
Didn't do one thing - had many different duties
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Fun Place to Work
Installer (Current Employee) –  Macon,GAAugust 10, 2015
A typical day installing for window world is as follows...
6:30 am -Wake up
7 am -picked up (carpool)
9:30 am -Arrive at Window World (LaGrange to Macon GA)
Load up the windows we need to install for the day
10 am -head to job ( The job can be from 1 mile to 100 miles away)
10:30 am - up to 1:00 pm get to job
This is the time we start assessing the situation as far as looking at the windows that need to come out of the house and how we will get the new ones in...( At times very complicated)
Depending on the job and the number of windows needed that day we leave between 2-14 hours after arriving on job.

Co-workers on the job are ok mainly because they dont last long in this line of work...When they do last they are not so bad because they at least know what they are doing.

I have learned alot on the job because my boss has been in this business for 50 yrs.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
Hot summers
Good family owned company
Sales Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 25, 2015
My experience with this company is great. Very professional work environment. I started as a receptionist and have moved on to other positions in a short time. My hard work and devotion has gotten me to take on a lot of responsibilities.
The only downside is compensation from the company and no potential room for growth.
Pros
Enjoy the job and pleasant co-workers
Cons
Compensation
Quiet Workplace
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  nashvilleJune 2, 2015
Most days once the installers arrived to pick up there assignment for the day, I would stage the windows in the front of the warehouse for them to load and go. Once Thursday rolled around I would arrive around 530 a.m. to start unloading the truck, the shop opened at 6 no one would show up til 10 and the warehouse would be in chaos trying to sort the order after it came off the truck to be placed in racks also inventory of the windows to make sure we got what we ordered. Once the orders we placed in the racks it was back to ordinary operation.
Pros
Quiet workplace
Cons
Warehouse not big enough for orders
Always something new
Installer and Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2015
love the way they treated us for our quality work, and how they met peoples needs . I also noticed the need better estimators for the sized windows needed
Pros
loved the work environment
Cons
hated not getting enough work
fun working in a fst paced enviroment
Customer Service/Schedluer (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 16, 2015
I would work anywhere from 8 to weekdays and an occasional evening 11 to 7. Start with checking phones for messages, checking emails and responding to them. Answer calls for customers that want to set appointments for a rep to come out to show windows. Make outbound calls to previous customers for additional products.
I learned about scheduling and different areas. The hardest part of the job was dealing with co workers that didn't want to work. Also, making sure that during the fast paced months that everything is entered in the correct area.
Pros
no long work hours
Cons
no pay advancements
Ordering (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 5, 2015
Enjoyed the employees and the hard work they put into the business. I gained even more managerial experience working for this company. The company also does several charity events which is enlightening.
good products
Window installer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 28, 2014
fun to work there and good work environment, management is excellent, hardest part of job is weather difficulties, coworkers are excellent hard working people
Well Branded, Solid Reputation, Aggressive Marketing, Ongoing Support
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2014
Typical day at work: 9am meeting in Robinson. 11am appointment, 2pm appointment, and a 6pm appointment. home around 8 - 9pm. depending on driving distance.

During my 7 years with Window world I learned a great deal of product presentation skills. I worked with a fantastic ownership and management team; they were interested in your success and invested in well thought out product and sales training. I was fortunate to work with some excellent mentors.

The hardest part of the job for me was the long day. Leaving to beat traffic to Robinson for 9:00am meetings and running 3 appointments that took about 1 hour to an hour and a half each, then getting home around 8:30pm was a constant thorn in my side. The day wasn't stressful because it was long it was stressful to balance work/life.

I believe the current situation has improved with the use of mobile tech and less required trips to the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the cohesiveness between employees and ownership as well as confidence in the company's ability to deliver on expectations of satisfaction to its customers. The Culture promoted healthy incentivized competition and knowledge sharing.
Pros
good training environment, positive culture, opportunity to make money
Cons
long days
Small family business with tremendous growth opportunities
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 21, 2014
Learned much about how businesses work because of the ability to have a more hands approach with the day to day operations. Understanding how a manager approaches the work load and to see how decisions are made gave me a greater appreciation for my superiors. The hardest part was not knowing if we would be able to sustain our business against bigger competitors. Most enjoyable part of the company is without the people who helped me become a better person.
Pros
great atmosphere, unity
Cons
small business with a lot to lose
Great opportunity for up and coming sales reps
Factory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC/ Tampa, FloridaSeptember 6, 2014
Enjoy the freedom of being a Independent sales rep. My day consist of meeting new and enjoyable people while traveling the Island of Charleston and Tampa.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 2, 2014
On a typical work day, I take all phone calls and do customer service. I send out thank you letters and any other items that need to be mailed. I set appointments and take care of the customer. I get everything ready for the salesmen everyday and have all their paper work printed out for the following day. I file folders of previous and new customers and organize their information into the computer so its more organized to look up information as needed. Every Thursday I do payroll and make payroll sheets for the employees.
would not recommend this Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 10, 2014
I made good money but bogus chargebacks constantly hit your paycheck. If you measured 10 windows and they happened to be wrong size you paid for them. This is a resulting chargeback of approx. $1,450. you only made at the most $300. If a customer decided at install that they wanted some extra work done not on the contract they would authorize it and charge me. There are no benefits this is a subcontractor position now. Management cowers to owners.
Pros
lots of appointments to go to
Cons
6 day workweek, 9am to 9pm or longer