WINDOW WORLD Employee Reviews

Great product - bad management
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 2, 2017
Management practices keep sales force in reactionary mode... no control over schedule to professionally manage repeat visits to customers.

Since reps are responsible for product measurements,re-orders are paid for my sales reps, yet the company keeps all mismeasured product and donates them for tax write-offs.

In one instance, in a job which was accepted and approved by the local building inspector the customer, based on his knowledge of new construction (retrofit windows are a different product), didn't like the measurements of the windows..... I was forced to pay for a whole house of windows... no offer to share costs... it was me alone that paid....
Cons
No mileage/gas reimbursement No schedule control - 6 days week
Fun Place to work
Sales/Outside Marketing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2017
The people who work in this office are always down to have a good time. They focus on the fun parts of having a business and the encourage their employees to do the same.
Too many favorites and unfair practices
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WV 26105February 22, 2017
Even though I performed my own duties as well as those of the other person in the office, she was rewarded for excessive absences, goofing orr, etc.
Quite a bit is expected for minimal pay
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Window World expects the Field Supervisors to be available 7 days a week to answer the phone at any time. And reprimanded when the phone is not answered as quickly as they or customers would like.

I was not told that I'd be expected to be at the warehouse on Saturdays prior to beginning on my first day. I regularly worked 50-60 hours per week. I was given conflicting expectations for similar situations and chided by management when I made a decision that was not to their liking, which included strong course language on a very regular basis including from the owner.

I found it difficult to deal reasonably with some of the installation contractors of lesser quality. Their poor work quality would cause issues. Rather than removing them from the contractor list, the emphasis was on installing many windows rather than the quality of the window installers.

The windows are of good quality, but the installers are hit or miss.
The use of company vehicle was appreciated.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Hours, availability expectations
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 7, 2016
Window World of the Triad is a thriving business that could offer both challenging and rewarding employment to the right person. The office atmosphere is fun and conscientious with a real spirit of teamwork. The pace is fast at times but hard work is noticed and appreciated. The owners are extremely kind, generous and fair-minded.
Pros
Abundant employee recognition for hard work
Cons
Unhappy Customers at times
Wonderful place to work
Office Manager/Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 29, 2016
Love everything about this company, great owners, great co workers, great pay, I learn something new everyday and I get treated like family
Great coworkers, lacks focus and management
In-Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2016
People are great. The management is lacking and does not listen. Sales is pretty much on your own the whole time and you make what you can. You can schedule your time accordingly, but if you do not leave yourself open morning to night its hard to make money.
Pros
Pretty much left alone
Cons
Your input is not welcome
Loved working here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2016
Great people, relaxed atmosphere, terrific pay. This job was truly enjoyable. Not only are the customers fun, the staff is awesome to work with. Never a boring moment in this place!
Good Company
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OH 44512October 25, 2016
I do confirmation, enter in new deals, order windows, and if there are things that need to be emailed to customer. I leaned how to work Metric Wise, their operating system. I learned how to order windows though Pardigm.
productive and friendly
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Soddy-Daisy, TNAugust 30, 2016
i was constantly busy, always on my feet and always on the go, everyone i worked with was so nice overall i enjoyed my job at window world
Challenging experience learned a lot
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIAugust 5, 2016
Enjoyed what I was asked to do. Gave my 200% Great learning experience just wasn't the right fit for me at the time. A/r was 3 months behind when I left I had collected $200,000.00 and it was only a week behind. Everything was up to par in my eyes,
Fun company
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 20, 2016
I have been with this company for about seven months now and they have always treated me with respect and done all that they can to help me out with what ever I need, weather it be work or personal. the staff is all very easy to work with and very nice.
Horrible manager
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 29, 2016
Loved everyone other than manager. she doesn't work with you at all. You should have a leader not just a boss. It is perfect other than that

i loved working with the customers and dealing with our salesman and our installers they were a lot of fun!
Pros
experience
Cons
manager
1099 cheap company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 17, 2016
not where you want to work, short pay easy sell because the windows are cheap, owners ok could do more to help,dont like the work you have to do, sell, measure, order, where most companys have several people doing the work you do and if you measure wrong you bought the window
Cons
a fun and hard working envirnment
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 8, 2016
I love to work and be very productive at work and I am always willing to learn more.I had a fun time learning about the warehouse and all the custom windows.
Good company with flexible hours.
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2016
Management was good. Warehouse workers were respectful and very helpful. Doing old houses was tough but the pay on the job was good. Most work was swift and quick with great co workers, which most people were. I learned more at this job than most past jobs.
Pros
Steady work. Make good money.
Cons
Some long days
Enjoyable place to work. Steady employment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 15, 2016
I only work on Saturday mornings. I schedule appointments for our sales and service people, make reminder calls, and do general office work.
Great company with great people.
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 17, 2015
I love the flexible hours. I get to meet people of all walks of life. We have great travel incentives for corporate get-togethers. The hardest part is making sure all the details are in order for order and install, especially in the busy season. The workload can overflow into my personal time.
Great ownership group
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2015
Owners are great a care about their customers. Job is result oriented and not micromanaged. You will learn customer service skills and able to do sales the honest way.
Great bosses!
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 24, 2015
Enjoy the many duties at Window World. Like talking clients over the phone and in person. Was ask my opinion on many subject on how to improve the job. Did not have any problems putting in extra hours or weekend time. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes.
Pros
Didn't do one thing - had many different duties
Cons
Salary and Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WINDOW WORLD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8