WINDOW WORLD

WINDOW WORLD United States Employee Reviews

fun working in a fst paced enviroment
Customer Service/Schedluer (Former Employee), Boardman, OHMarch 16, 2015
Pros: no long work hours
Cons: no pay advancements
I would work anywhere from 8 to weekdays and an occasional evening 11 to 7. Start with checking phones for messages, checking emails and responding to them. Answer calls for customers that want to set appointments for a rep to come out to show windows. Make outbound calls to previous customers for additional products.
I learned about scheduling and different areas. The hardest part of the job was dealing with co workers that didn't want to work. Also, making sure that during the fast paced months that everything is entered in the correct area.
Ordering (Former Employee), Paducah, KYFebruary 5, 2015
Enjoyed the employees and the hard work they put into the business. I gained even more managerial experience working for this company. The company also does several charity events which is enlightening.
good products
Window installer (Former Employee), Columbus, NEOctober 28, 2014
fun to work there and good work environment, management is excellent, hardest part of job is weather difficulties, coworkers are excellent hard working people
Well Branded, Solid Reputation, Aggressive Marketing, Ongoing Support
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good training environment, positive culture, opportunity to make money
Cons: long days
Typical day at work: 9am meeting in Robinson. 11am appointment, 2pm appointment, and a 6pm appointment. home around 8 - 9pm. depending on driving distance.

During my 7 years with Window world I learned a great deal of product presentation skills. I worked with a fantastic ownership and management team; they were interested in your success and invested in well thought out product and sales training. I was fortunate to work with some excellent mentors.

The hardest part of the job for me was the long day. Leaving to beat traffic to Robinson for 9:00am meetings and running 3 appointments that took about 1 hour to an hour and a half each, then getting home around 8:30pm was a constant thorn in my side. The day wasn't stressful because it was long it was stressful to balance work/life.

I believe the current situation has improved with the use of mobile tech and less required trips to the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the cohesiveness between employees and ownership as well as confidence in the company's ability to deliver on expectations of satisfaction to its customers. The Culture promoted healthy incentivized competition and knowledge sharing.
Small family business with tremendous growth opportunities
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, unity
Cons: small business with a lot to lose
Learned much about how businesses work because of the ability to have a more hands approach with the day to day operations. Understanding how a manager approaches the work load and to see how decisions are made gave me a greater appreciation for my superiors. The hardest part was not knowing if we would be able to sustain our business against bigger competitors. Most enjoyable part of the company is without the people who helped me become a better person.
Great opportunity for up and coming sales reps
Factory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charleston, SC/ Tampa, FloridaSeptember 6, 2014
Enjoy the freedom of being a Independent sales rep. My day consist of meeting new and enjoyable people while traveling the Island of Charleston and Tampa.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee), Paducah, KYJune 2, 2014
On a typical work day, I take all phone calls and do customer service. I send out thank you letters and any other items that need to be mailed. I set appointments and take care of the customer. I get everything ready for the salesmen everyday and have all their paper work printed out for the following day. I file folders of previous and new customers and organize their information into the computer so its more organized to look up information as needed. Every Thursday I do payroll and make payroll sheets for the employees.
would not recommend this Company
Sales (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHMay 10, 2014
Pros: lots of appointments to go to
Cons: 6 day workweek, 9am to 9pm or longer
I made good money but bogus chargebacks constantly hit your paycheck. If you measured 10 windows and they happened to be wrong size you paid for them. This is a resulting chargeback of approx. $1,450. you only made at the most $300. If a customer decided at install that they wanted some extra work done not on the contract they would authorize it and charge me. There are no benefits this is a subcontractor position now. Management cowers to owners.
fun and fast paced
window installer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 4, 2013
Pros: cook outs at some jobsites
Cons: had to work 6 days a week
great work ethic being taught at window world great sales reps and management
unsafe practices low pay and disrespectful
Window Installer (Former Employee), Salem, VASeptember 6, 2013
start before sunrise at the warehouse, work 10-12 hours. hope to get paid on time and in correct sum. Employees drunk or hung over. No respect for customers.
Family owned, valued employee's
Operations Manager, Racine office (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WISeptember 4, 2013
Pros: family owned and family values
Cons: hours
Ensure the smooth daily operations of the office from scheduling installations, verifying customer window orders and supplies, estimating, invoicing, QuickBooks, close out documents, payroll, handling walk in clients, answering phones, filing, monthly reports, payroll, collections, new hire and training, insurance verification, taking deliveries and handling any customer service issue that should arise. Worked with the Fond du Lac and Milwaukee offices to share the workload.
From this job I learned better time management and how important accurate reporting is at month end. The hardest part of this job was leaving to operate our family business, they are a great group of people. My most enjoyable part of this job was the accountability, I was responsible for everything at our branch and there is true satisfaction from a job well done.
Enhanced my customer service skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2013
Enjoyed working with customers to better the efficiency of their home.
They offer the leading vinyl replacement window in the industry at a very competitive price.
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: competitively priced windows
Cons: not great at providing multiple leads on a daily basis and no territories.
Great windows to offer the public and the installation crews are incredible. Great team to work with in the DFW area.
Great Place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Ladson, SCAugust 8, 2012
Pros: raises, long lunches
Cons: health benefits
Window World is a great place to work. Management and co-workers are what I enjoy most about my job. I've met lots of great people .
part time business 1 day per week
Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Port St Lucie FlJuly 19, 2012
Pros: part time
Cons: weather
very rewarding because its my own business
hardest part is working in all weather conditions
the most enjoyable part is knowing I own it
Worked as a font desk clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 22, 2012
I did not enjoy this job. did not give me a chancde to do anything creative or show off my abilities.
Busy
Office Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 10, 2012
Pros: long lunches
Cons: customers
I worked in the office all alone. Managment didnt want to hire any help as soon as i took over the office manager position. It was hard at first but once I learned everything its wasnt so bad. I enjoyed our installers in the office they were very nice and helpful.
Communication breakdown between branches and progress
Laborer (Former Employee), Dallas and Houston/ TXFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: good money if the jobs are there
Cons: company seems to sketchy at times
Company driven at getting customer payments as quickly as possible. Even if that means it comes out of your check, they will get their money first and you will get yours second. Poor communication between branches and assistants, as far as job progress reports are concerned. Dallas' branch is run as well as one can expect with great supervisors and lead installer.
America's Largest Remodeling Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: high quality product, excellent warranty
Cons: continuosly evolving company
Best Value in home remodeling, High quality products, and the warranty is the industries best.
This was a great place to work until it closed in Portsmouth, NH
Office Manager (Former Employee), West Road in Portsmouth, NHDecember 5, 2011
Pros: fun place to work, and the people were nice.
Cons: business slow down and company closing.
I came into this job just as a temp, by week 2 I was running the office, from taking calls, setting sales appointments, ordering products, scheduling the installers, ordering the office supplies, checking in inventory. And working with the bookkeeper on Quickbooks.