Windsor Fashions Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 12, 2017
Being a part of the management staff for this company was quite the experience. I grew with the company and learned so much about it as well as learned more about myself. There were times where balancing all tasks could be challenging, but with experience it became easier. I enjoyed getting to know my coworkers and growing with them.
not for everyone
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 8, 2017
poor management, entitled higher-tiered employees, high turnover rate, low compensation, long hours, management places employees in dangerous situations not included in job description
Fast paced and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 18, 2017
Workplace culture encourages coworkers to be themselves around each other. It is where friendship and professionalism meet to ultimately develop people skills needed th succeed in life
Pros
Employee discounts, pleasant coworkers
Cons
Disorganized management
Great clothes, horrible environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 11, 2017
Windsor has affordable, trendy fashion. I had high hopes when starting with this company. But they are not consistent. They do not follow SOP. They will pick customers over their own staff, even if that employee was following policy. They schedule poorly, so it is not uncommon to work 8+ hour shifts with a 10 min break, in-store break, or no break. Constantly understaffed, overworked, and lack of communication causes those who do stay to get burnt out because of no appreciation. There is no support either, or accountability. Those at the top don't get in trouble for lack of hiring, scheduling, etc. which causes those lower in the system to miss numbers, have to scramble to find coverage, not be able to push shipment, not make deadlines, etc. but the ones who didn't set you up for success aren't the ones who do anything about it. No accountability, respect, or integrity. If you can put that aside, then go for it!
Pros
Discount, cute clothes
Cons
Poor scheduling, lack of communication, no support
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2017
My time working at Windsor Fashions taught me quite a bit. I had never worked in retail before so I learned the 5 steps to providing the best customer service while making excellent sales; Greet, Connect, Suggest, Build, and Close. When a customer enters the store greet them immediately and make them feel welcome, afterwards connect with your customer by learning a bit about them and what they are looking for in your store, suggest an item to your customer that fits in their description of what they're looking for, build on your customers item by adding shoes or accessories to accent the outfit, and finally close the sale by cashing them out. Any free time you have you can always check on customers in the fitting rooms, organize and clean the store, or put away any go-backs left from previous customers in the fitting rooms. Overall the job was very enjoyable and I would not say there were any difficult tasks in my experience.
Pros
40% off employee discount on store items
Great company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 22, 2017
Very great people involved in this environment. Work/life balance could be better. Amazing company love it, Looking for a new opportunity.
Windsor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Windsor was my first job but I wasn't really satisfied maybe because it was my first job and I was getting use to it, but I didn't like the girls I would work with. They weren't so respectful
Fun and exciting company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my career at Windsor would be helping our customers and the visuals among the store. Managing at this store has also given me an abundance of leadership and other skills that I can apply in my further career choices.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Co-Manager/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Productive and fun workplace.
I have been working at Windsor Fashions for two years
The company provides a great product and the importance of customer service is high
Once in a while owner bought lunch
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working in fashion that was the best experience. experiencing what goes into a retail store. loved working on the website uploading images and giving a description to them. They were just not good at compensating you for your work. I worked for three years there and they paid me minimum wage. started in shipping/customer service/copy writing. I showed a lot of interest but it wasn't enough.
Pros
fashion
Cons
low pay
Working at Windsor Fashions
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 31, 2017
Being with this company, just like with any, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly but I will say that this company really cares. I look at strong, independent women when thinking about role models that I would like my future daughter to have and I love that Windsors goal is to contribute to this. While being here, I have seen fast advancement.
Old company needs new policies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 25, 2017
Worked with Windsor for 3 years. The turnover of employees in each store is crazy. There were new sales associates every month and new management ever 3 months. I worked in the same store for 3 years and was constantly over looked because I didn't fit their Windsor look. All while being one of the top performing associates in the store the entire time. They expect you to do to way too much for way too little pay. I don't understand how this company still even gets people to work there
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay breaks management loss prevention
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Had a great time working here. Gave me sales experience and made some great friends. Wish my store wouldn't have moved or I'd still be working there.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Good Management bad clientale
Sales (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Typical day consists of visual upkeep. Coworkers are excellent team players. Customers can be very demanding and disrespectful. All in all not a bad company.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Customers
Poor Management, drama, no room for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 18, 2017
The management was unorganized, extremely dramatic, would start drama with everyone and anyone, very unprofessional, you will never get a raise and you will never advance in this company, probably only good for a small part time job.
Productive and Fun workplace
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FL 33511January 2, 2017
Fast-paced, fun environment with many opportunities to move up in the company. Management is a solid team with a focused center.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 29, 2016
Everyone is just warm welcoming and they just include you in everything. Theirs no drama with anyone we all speak are minds and just different number of ages that we all can relate too and be close with each other.
Pros
Funny
Fun workplace, great discounts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 26, 2016
Windsor is a fun place to work if you are fresh out of high school but not for a career. They have a good management staff and great DM's. They also have good benefits.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 20, 2016
the store had really nice people working in it. The clothes were great ! The location is in a pretty nice spot to receive great business
Pros
Dressing up
Cons
Standing all day
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2016
While working with Windsor I learned new things and worked with a wonderful team, although the management team was lacking skills and wasn't A very good source of "management" lacked leardership skills along with enforcing rules
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Fashions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8