WINDSOR FASHIONS

WINDSOR FASHIONS Employer Reviews

Enthusiastic environment. Team player
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), oxnardFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: respected environment
Cons: little hours
Enjoy the responsibility of opening/closing the store . I learned many tasks such as logging in shipment/transfers, management duties
great work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), san diegoJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: working with diamonds
Cons: always have to make quota
-cleaning
-product knowledge
-customer service
-loss prevention
-opening up credit cards
Productive and fun workplace
ASSISTANT/ VISUAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Learned many things about management and managing the store and employees.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Westland,MIDecember 18, 2014
Managing a retail store and having responsibilities for day to day operations.
fun place to work, great atmosphere
Acting Store Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood, INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great employee discount, awesome district managers, cute clothes, opportunity to move up in company
Cons: retail hours, required to work holidays nights and weekends, unrealistic sales goals at times
Love working for Windsor, always fun contests going on, cute clothes, great employee discount
Awesome work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CANovember 4, 2014
I enjoyed this Job. I learned how to become my customers friend while helping them shop. Everything I know today about retail I learned from this great enviorment. Wonderful staff and comfortable learning enviorment.
It's an upbeat environment with trendy style.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 12, 2014
A typical day at work includes customer service, making your customers feel at home and welcomed. You are the host of the store and you want your customers to feel satisfied when they leave. We specialize in selling formal wear and our policy is strict. The people I work with are energetic and always know how to keep a great attitude.
AMAZING PLACE TO WORK!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits, discount, friendly customers
Cons: not being able to do your own floor-set, its directed from the visual department, it would be nice to add your own bit of personality in your floor sets.
FIVE STARS, I WOULD GO BACK. GREAT COMPANY :D THE WORK IS NOT HARD. CORPORATE DOES A GREAT JOB WITH TRYING TO WORK ONE ON ONE WITH LOCATIONS. MY FAVORITE PART IS THE SALES TRAINING AND HOW IN DEPTH THEY ARE WITH YOU ABOUT MAKING SURE WE ARE TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER. OVERALL I CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS COMPANY ITS GREAT.
Lack of Profressional Managers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: management
My VERY FIRST job was with Windsor. I love the company's mission and their goals but the ladies I worked with were just terrible people. I was told specifically to "assume everyone that comes into the store is going to steal." I was disrespected as an employee and my friends that shopped in the store were disrespected. Very unprofessional environment.
A productive multitasking environment.
Co Manager (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAJuly 15, 2014
Windsor fashions provided a great learning experience. I was part of management, therefore I was in charge of multiple tasks. Such as processing shipment, making sure sales came in and being on top of LP. Your main priority was always to sell and make sure your team was on top of sales. Hardest part at times was having to get shipment placement done, but still making sure those sales were coming in. The most enjoyable part of retail is of course always getting the first peek at new merchandise.
Unprofessional, Unethical, & Undistinguished
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norridge, ILJuly 1, 2014
Pros: no pros what so ever
Cons: too many to list
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Employees are underpaid and overworked and don't get proper breaks and lunch breaks. And the girls work in hazardous and poor working conditions. Management and upper management are sleazy, crass, and lack refinement. They also have a tendency to manipulate employee time cards. Not to mention this company lacks structure; HR is incompetent and oblivious. This company needs SERIOUS help with branding and marketing. Loss prevention is the biggest problem that the company has, especially since the sensormatic in this store does NOT work; customers are able to steal and get away with anything. I will definitely be calling the Better Business Bureau on this company.
Not the best place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 2, 2014
Pros: discount on all items
Cons: no structure
A typical day at Windsor is very busy. I learned how to help customers in difficult situations. Management in this company is awful. My co-workers were nice hard-working people for the most part. The hardest part of the job was there is no flexibility in the schedule what-so-ever and management often threatens employees instead of coaching them.
fast fun paced environment
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILApril 27, 2014
Pros: great discount and work environment
Cons: lack of manager help on sales floor
There was this one morning at Windsor, where i was cashiering. A African american woman, around her 20's, approached the cash wrap. She had a shirt that was on discount maybe 3 weeks ago, and wanted to return it. I couldn't do the return or exchange because she didn't have the tags on the shirt nor the receipt. She started raising her voice at me, i kept my cool, was as polite as i could to her. when i realized she wouldn't understand the store policy i immediately went over to call my manager on duty. She came and handled the situation just fine. The manager made it clear to the lady that we couldn't accept a return with out tags or receipt. But my manager offered a decent discount on her next purchase. The customer walked away with a smirk on her face.
Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), njApril 19, 2014
I was a previous manager. Amazing growth opportunity if you work for it. Great environment. Great staff. Wish there would be more locations.
fun place to work, there is always something to do
assistant manager (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: benefits
Windsor was a fashionable place to work and i had fun being in that kind of atmosphere. The store was always clean and organized so it made it easier on us daily.
productive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILApril 9, 2014
have to prove yourself to move up in the company.
not noticed for your hard work.
if you want a raise you have to ask for it, it's not given.
Very fun and fashionable place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: low shrink and friendly place
Cons: schedule
I loved working here because it was clean, neat and organized. Each member of management kept the store looking at its best each and every single day. The teamwork was great and and everyone was able to get along and have fun while selling to our customers. The most enjoyable part about working here was being able to do visuals and shipment placement throughout the shift. A typical day at work involved shipment placement, customer servicing, and very little tasking.
Productive sometimes slow day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milford, CTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: holidays were fun
Cons: favoritism, managers not understanding of employee who have children
I learned to be more open with customers and talkative. Sometimes management could be tough on the example they wanted to set for the store but I didn't mind. I got along with all my co-workers with no problems. The hardest part of the job was trying to get enough sales at the end of the day. The most enjoyable was dressing up for holidays and getting sales up during the holidays because of so many customers.
productive
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 14, 2014
Great place to work and enjoy being around other people. Long days but it is a lot of fun. The managers are very helpful and fun
fun with poor managment
Sales (Former Employee), Katy, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: coworkers, breaks, store credit, employee discount, flexibilty
Cons: pay, not many benfits
great as i started out but poor management stability lead to district downfall with a high employee turnover rate

WINDSOR FASHIONS Salaries