Windsor Fashions Employee Reviews in United States

would not recommend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 28, 2016
company is too focused on expanding and does not fix current stores. also to much drama between employees creates hostile work environment.
Cons
short breaks, to much drama between employees
your work ethic doesn't matter they will fire you the moment u get on the store managers bad side. or one of her friends.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 30, 2016
the store manager had no clue what she is doing. we went through several managers in the short time I was there. to Much drama i felt as though I was in high school all over again.
Pros
good discount
Cons
drama, to many staff not enough hours.
cool
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 4, 2016
This is not a job for someone seeking more. It is a good starting job for anyone that is in school. It is a great company to work for.
fun and great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2016
Always have regular costumers and great reviews of the team. Had to learn plenty of different things especially the system. The Management was great as well as the co workers.
Pros
had great staff and learned may different things about our products.
Cons
didnt have time for breaks and had some hostile costumers regularly
Okay for a first retail job, learn a lot
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 17, 2016
Management puts a lot of responsibilities on other managers but won't do the task themselves. Terrible turnover rate.
Pros
training
Cons
shortbreaks, healthcare, high turnover
very unorganized manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 15, 2016
although i only worked here for a short amount of time i tried my hardest to make it work out. the manager was very unorganized and was having a hard time running the store, although she was new, she did not come into the position with a plan. the back room stocking was very unorganized making finding shoes for customers very inconvieniet. it would take a while to find a shoe and the customer would end up becoming very impatient. i volunteered on multiple occassions to organize it on my personal time but each time it was refused. also other employees weren't doing inventory incorrectly which threw off the deliveries. for example the computer would say we were sold out of one type of shoe when we would have 5 pairs in the back. so we'd get a whole new shipment with merchandise we already had too much of. i grew to hate the job due to the unorganization and the manager's unwillingness to accept help.
Pros
decent hours, friendly coworkers, good discounts
Cons
unorganized manager, unorganized store, unorganized database
Excellent learning experience and positive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 4, 2016
- Learned great sales tactics
- Management communicated effectively.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting in customers needs and building a relationship.
Pros
Free snacks
save yourself- dont work here
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 4, 2016
Windsor- where do I start? This company is RIDICULOUS. I didn't move up in the company and the management was horrible. SUCH a bad turnover rate there. Not to mention managers stealing/ hiding merchandise in the back room. The district manager was unprofessional and unfair to all employees- probably why the turnover rate is so bad there.
I do not recommend applying for a position here.
The choice is yours though.
Pros
the discount was about it
Cons
going to work
Cool retail job with poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
I loved my job at Windsor as a sales associate for the most part. It was pretty easy selling because the clothes basically sold themselves. The management was horrible. The store manager constantly stole sales and there was a bit of micro management and bullying. Its not hard to move up in the company if you get on the right people's good side but Windsor for the most part was a complete mess! Unorganized and unprofessional! If you can get passed the management and corporate "clowns" its not a bad job at all.
Pros
Great selling experience
Cons
Management sucks
Very nice clothes horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2015
I often wouldn't get breaks or very short breaks barely enough time to eat any food.
Many times the manager would show favoritism and attitude.
I received no benefits at any point in time.
Hardest part of my job was dressing the mannequins!
I hated putting the shoes on them It would take forever to do!
My coworkers would make the work environment kind of uncomfortable and hard to work in.
I did learn how to properly spot a counterfeit bill.
A typical day at work would be coming in clocking in putting away personal items and greet customers as they come in. In the mornings i would clean the store sweep mop and wipe down mirrors around store. I would do inventory and unlock fitting rooms for guests use. Customer may come in and ask whats recommended for a certain night out i would ask her questions about what she likes what she doesn't like what color she prefers etc..and recommend certain items we have in stock to create the desired look. Afterwards i would ring the guests in at the cashier or send her to the cashier on duty and tell my coworker my number so i may receive that sale. I then may run go-backs and straighten up racks that may be out of place.
Pros
A nice employee discount
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, horrible pay

Want to know more about Windsor Fashions?

Ask a question
fun and fast paced job
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  arlington texasOctober 19, 2015
I loved working for windsor. However i did not like being blamed for everyone elses mistake. If i was to be contacted about a position i would take the position. By far Windsor was my favorite job. I loved my tasks, my customers, and most importantly my team.
Cons
organization
Productive Fun Working Enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 22, 2015
Treat employees well. They listen to what you have to say about the business and how to make it more successful. They are willing to work with your schedule and transfer you.
Productive and fun working environmnet
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 21, 2015
The store manager at this location was amazing and made for a very great and productive team. We all worked well together and enjoyed coming to work daily.
Pros
Great discount and flexible hours
Cons
Customers stealing
cool staff, pa was very low
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 4, 2015
I loved working here and helping customers as well as meeting new people, but the pay was very bad. Most of the time between the biweekly pay i was doing about 47 hours and only getting $300 before taxes. i couldn't live off of it anymore so i had to move back home. the commute from Illinois to Indiana was ridiculous because basically my whole check went towards gas. Besides all of that everything else was pretty decent.
Pros
people, clothes, hours
Cons
pay
Advancing Company with Room for Growth
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Windsor was a great company to work for.The CEO's are very involved in the production and advancement of not only the stores but the employees as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was how the fact that the employees hired truly had a passion for what they did, helping customers. Everyday was different, as you came into contact with different people and had different sales/productivity goals for each day.
Great environment, fun people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 11, 2015
Everybody in the store got along, a very fun environment. Everyone communicates with each other very well, so all operations went well. Their management truly cares about your improvement, and growth.
Great Atmosphere!
Sales Representative, CSR (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 11, 2015
Wonderful place to be and a great atmosphere with all the employees. The fun is in the daily duties with the employees you get to befriend!
Sales associate , more like loss prevention
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 6, 2015
poor compensation
poor hours
poor benefits
management expects you to do more than your job title
lack of employee appreciation
overworked
no growth opportunity
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks, poor management, overworked
High energy and friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OhJuly 29, 2015
Normally a day at Windsor consists of checking your appearance before clocking in to make sure that you are presentable and modeling our newest trends as to be able to influentially sell. Once you are clocked in, there is a one minute meeting with the manager on duty where you are briefed on today's selling goal for yourself as well as the store, and what the daily directive is. The hardest part of the job is learning and evolving as an entire store while making sure it is given in a way that everyone will understand and be excited about. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how happy and grateful the customers are when they leave the store. The workers have learned how to mesh well with each other and push each other to build up the sales, while working side by side they have created a sense of family which is amazing to see
Pros
Fun contests
Cons
Healthcare costs
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 26, 2015
a very good first job. learn a lot about retail and customer service. cleaning up after everyone is the worst part. usually a very good fun time every day
Pros
management and coworkers.
Cons
pay, short breaks