Windsor Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful environment to work with
Senior Accountant Coordinator/ Payroll (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 27, 2016
Worked closely with VP Director Controller, Sales, Marketing, HR - run in house payroll for three locations- will run deduction variance report, benefit calculation report, time detail report, calculated hours, employee gross to net, payroll totals by pay group, Master payroll, and GL distribution summary report. Maintain all hours, all deductions, and taxes calculated accurately. Run checks and advices on a weekly basis. Any on demand checks requested by HR . Audit 401K, benefit elections, and vacation accruals. Uploaded ACH, process FSA/HSA payments, uploaded taxes, and uploaded 401K reported under Fidelity.
Friendly and accomodating management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2016
Opening incoming email from vendors and print out invoices and do a 3-way match. do a weekly check run. do some filing of invoices that are paid. Relieve front desk on lunch breaks. Management are nice and friendly and believes in open door policy.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Time clock is located in a warehouse that is wet due to constantly washing the area.
Windsor Foods
Senior Manufacturing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 25, 2016
Great company and a wonderful work culture. It was a pleasure working there. The management and team were very professional.
excellent pay and benefits
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 15, 2016
It was great job for this locale, but management ran the factory out of business. Poor decisions made on managerial end.
Windsor Foods
Production Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 9, 2015
Operating heavy machinery. Learned how to operate multiple kinds of machines to produce mass product. Learned about health and safety.
Pros
First job and a brand new experience, showed me a lot about the working world and how hard work pays off
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits
Plenty of overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toluca, IlOctober 8, 2015
A normal day consists of getting to work and performing preventitive/corrective maintenance on numerous types of equipment dealing with the production of pasta related products. Learned a variety of information on numerous pieces of equipment. Management is alright, but sort of looks down on the idea of free time. Hardest part of the job was the hours. Prepare to work almost 6-7 days a week. The most enjoyable day was the shutdown period, working a week straight with the plant shutdown.
Pros
Plenty of mandatory OT
Cons
Long hours, not a good work/life balance
great place with awesome people to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 1, 2015
Big food company, they are the ones that came up with the burritos "JOSE OLE" really good. I loved my job working in the mail room and fixing all the electronics. Making sure that all the items were stocked and running around picking up frozen items from stores so we can check inventory to see if they are being processed correctly. But after doing this for 4-5 years, I needed a job that would pay more. Something that would challenge me more and would get my mind working and thinking. I loved this job but I felt like I needed a challenge and this job was not doing that.
Pros
freedom
Cons
not challenging enough
Very fast workplace
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Toluca, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Fast paced work environment dedicated to customer orders & customer service. Organized to meet customer needs when the customer needs the items.
Systematic, well organized
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 24, 2015
Days were not much diffeterent, all procedures were to be followed avy day to accomplish the best production.
I learned all about quality requirements for a safe product in the frozen food industry.
Management was taking good chanrge of the company and its employees.
My coworkers were alway participative and every one knew very well theur tasks.
The hardest part was frictions with Union interests and the company.
The most enjoyable part of my work was taking care of customers safety by checkin production meets quality standards
Pros
Well organized
Cons
The company could not survive hard times
good and bad
cook (Former Employee) –  lampasass,TxAugust 12, 2015
If you were Spanish you got treated better and differently from everyone else. benefits and pay were great just poor management and HR.
Its a job.
Roller (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MSAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work, rolling tacos, burrittos on assembly line.Some times i worked in packing, packing out frozen tacos, burrittos, and then placing them in a box to be shipped out.
Pros
Employees get to sample the product
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great place towork
production team lead (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MSApril 13, 2015
Over my years that I work here I have enjoyed working with all my coworkers and also I like the fact they gave me a chance to grown as a leader.
Excellent very enjoyable place to work
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 18, 2015
Typical day at Windsor foods was maintaining plant machinery at it's optimum productivity, great place to work, excellent on site monthly training along with yearly offsite training.

A very knowledgeable food safety management team.

Very nice working atmosphere, excellent coworkers, very good communication throughout the corporation.

Maintaining all machinery running at most efficient as possible to meet daily productivity demands.

After achieving monthly incentives of productivity or safety requirements, the company would have a luncheon which would include all 3 shifts.
Pros
free luncheon, gift cards
Cons
rotating shifts for supervisors
Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MSMarch 17, 2015
-Pre Op Coordinator- Inspect plant before production run.
-Impacting quality, government regulations and requirements (USDA, FDA, GMP's, and SOP’s) as well as Customer Specifications.
-Running checks (auditing) to ensure that work is being performed to those standards.
-Prepare all necessary reports, records, and other documentation by line and shift.
-Identifying problems and making improvements
A very fun filled job with alot of good people there.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  The whole BuildingMarch 4, 2015
Very busy work place. I learnned all aspects of the Job. We had very good Management. I had the best co-works loved them all. Worked in the freezer it was 10 Degs in there. When the day was over.
Pros
they put out food alot.
Cons
they had good health care
Employees travel and work together from various locations; within a productive setting.
Food Packer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MSJanuary 25, 2015
Being a single mother; traveling to Oakland from Grenada in a 1999 as a temp. has proven to be a full exclusive experience, may it be the variety of a regional atmosphere to the advanceful work stations.
Good job, Good people
OEE Coordinator, Continuous Improvement Agent (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Enjoyed my position.
Employees had actual pride in work and quality.
Corporate management were open and approachable.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
compensation
Fun and very fulfilling type of job. Working environment is good too.
Payroll/Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lampasas, TXNovember 8, 2014
Awesome and good environment to work with. Friendly and helpful co-workers. Not a racist company. They treat everyone equal.
Pros
friendly co-workers, gave us goodies
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
Not bad if it's all you can find...
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Lampasas, TXOctober 29, 2014
Windsor foods is a plant that makes, packages, stores, and ships frozen "ready to eat" Mexican food. The hours for my position are long, hard, and frigid. The "main" work area for most people starting stays at a fairly constant 46 degrees Fahrenheit. The freezer sits around -10. The cold gets easier to handle the more often you're in it and the pay is almost worth it. The biggest down side in my opinion, is we go through multiple stretches of 13 day work weeks...
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
very short breaks/lunches
Nice place and friendly people
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Oakland , Ms 38948September 3, 2014
I would go into work at 3 and get off at 11 or 12 at night. Go in get work shoes and jackets on where the food would not get on you hair nets gloves .Learned how they do egg rolls ,burritos and lots more. Nice people. Hardest part was late night drive home.Enjoyable part having a job.