Windsor Foods Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working there
Folder Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MSMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there great benefits, great hours. You had lunch breaks. You had your weekends off every other week. We had great staffs it's greats
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MSMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work. Management was easy to talk to and coworkers were very nice. Great place to gain experience in multiple areas
productive
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Toluca, ILMarch 1, 2017
Windsor Foods Was a brilliant place to work. I really think you should apply. go through a temporary agency and you'll be working in 3 days
productive
packer (Former Employee) –  LampasasOctober 10, 2016
It's a nice place to work. It's cold in some places but you get good benefits. You also get plenty of hours if you like to work. They do a lot of different things for their employees.
Pros
bring your own lunch
Cons
good numbers of breaka
Challenges your current experience and provides you with new, applicable knowledge.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 8, 2016
In the Accounting Department, deadlines and change of priority were the normal, so every day at the office was different. This working experience taught me to manage my time wisely, multitask efficiently, and communicate with management. My co-workers were always upbeat and hungry to learn something new and we always encouraged each other to go the extra mile. The hardest part of the job was making sure that progress is not lost while working on other projects simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction and collaboration with the Accounting Team and how the team itself made up such a large part of a shared goal.
Great people to work with.
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2016
Gained a great deal of insight into operations challenges. Some days were longer than others, but never dull! People work well as a team and support one another when possible.
great place to work, bad unprofessional upper management
Team Lead, Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXAugust 24, 2016
* prep,cook, and send to the line 3,500lbs batches of filling
* working at a very fast pace some days with NO lunch or No break when they would not stop the line
* Management was absolutely horrible for the least, very unprofessional at times. Superintendent was very unspoken and had very little, to no people skills, and could not communicate very well at all on a professional Leval.
* all coworkers would say I'm probably one of the most hard fast pace workers they have, I'm very precise and ahead of the game at all times, hate playing catch up, for the most and best part I got along with everyone never had a problem.
* Trying to manage a professional composer with someone very much unqualified for the position they were in, and taking complete advantage of there position
* I get a kick out of reading people and its hard waking up early in the mornings 1:45 but I was great at inspiring people to do, and get things done usually in a faster time and manner than normal.
Pros
I loved doing my job enjoyed it very much, it was hard work, days were fast and most of all I could just enjoy it I was good at my job.
Cons
Management was very hard to cope with. Other than that was an excellent job
One of the worst run companies
Maintenance Mechainc (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 20, 2016
It started out alright and then went right into the toilet. The money is ok but the work hours and conditions are a joke. You are standing in pot sticker goo all day and then because you have to wait for sanitation to complete there job you get to stand around for about an hour or more and on top of that because you are not setting up the line that has to run management decides you need to start earlier so now you wait for almost 2 hours while sanitation cleans the equipment that needs to run and QA inspects the work. The problem is management you have almost no parts to speak of because it takes 6 weeks or more to get them from Japan. Also they do not know how to prioritize work. Work that should be done by outside contractors are done in house which in most cases you are risking your life to do. The steam piping system is a joke if you are not careful the pipe could break and now you and anyone around you is in a world of hurt. to get anything repaired by a licensed contractor is a joke. We as mechanics busted our collective butts for these people and they treated with disrespect. Sure every once in a great while they would make the token gesture and then turn around and work even more. If I had known what I know now I would never have worked for these people.
Pros
Cons
long hours and over worked with no parts.
Wonderful environment to work with
Senior Accountant Coordinator/ Payroll (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 27, 2016
Worked closely with VP Director Controller, Sales, Marketing, HR - run in house payroll for three locations- will run deduction variance report, benefit calculation report, time detail report, calculated hours, employee gross to net, payroll totals by pay group, Master payroll, and GL distribution summary report. Maintain all hours, all deductions, and taxes calculated accurately. Run checks and advices on a weekly basis. Any on demand checks requested by HR . Audit 401K, benefit elections, and vacation accruals. Uploaded ACH, process FSA/HSA payments, uploaded taxes, and uploaded 401K reported under Fidelity.
Biased Leadership
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOApril 14, 2016
This company worked us 7 days per week. In my first 100 days on the job I worked 97 days. Shift was switched with no notice from 2nd to 1st.
Friendly and accomodating management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2016
Opening incoming email from vendors and print out invoices and do a 3-way match. do a weekly check run. do some filing of invoices that are paid. Relieve front desk on lunch breaks. Management are nice and friendly and believes in open door policy.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Time clock is located in a warehouse that is wet due to constantly washing the area.
Windsor Foods
Senior Manufacturing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 25, 2016
Great company and a wonderful work culture. It was a pleasure working there. The management and team were very professional.
excellent pay and benefits
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 15, 2016
It was great job for this locale, but management ran the factory out of business. Poor decisions made on managerial end.
Windsor Foods
Production Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 9, 2015
Operating heavy machinery. Learned how to operate multiple kinds of machines to produce mass product. Learned about health and safety.
Pros
First job and a brand new experience, showed me a lot about the working world and how hard work pays off
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits
Plenty of overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toluca, IlOctober 8, 2015
A normal day consists of getting to work and performing preventitive/corrective maintenance on numerous types of equipment dealing with the production of pasta related products. Learned a variety of information on numerous pieces of equipment. Management is alright, but sort of looks down on the idea of free time. Hardest part of the job was the hours. Prepare to work almost 6-7 days a week. The most enjoyable day was the shutdown period, working a week straight with the plant shutdown.
Pros
Plenty of mandatory OT
Cons
Long hours, not a good work/life balance
great place with awesome people to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 1, 2015
Big food company, they are the ones that came up with the burritos "JOSE OLE" really good. I loved my job working in the mail room and fixing all the electronics. Making sure that all the items were stocked and running around picking up frozen items from stores so we can check inventory to see if they are being processed correctly. But after doing this for 4-5 years, I needed a job that would pay more. Something that would challenge me more and would get my mind working and thinking. I loved this job but I felt like I needed a challenge and this job was not doing that.
Pros
freedom
Cons
not challenging enough
Very fast workplace
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Toluca, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Fast paced work environment dedicated to customer orders & customer service. Organized to meet customer needs when the customer needs the items.
Systematic, well organized
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 24, 2015
Days were not much diffeterent, all procedures were to be followed avy day to accomplish the best production.
I learned all about quality requirements for a safe product in the frozen food industry.
Management was taking good chanrge of the company and its employees.
My coworkers were alway participative and every one knew very well theur tasks.
The hardest part was frictions with Union interests and the company.
The most enjoyable part of my work was taking care of customers safety by checkin production meets quality standards
Pros
Well organized
Cons
The company could not survive hard times
good and bad
cook (Former Employee) –  lampasass,TxAugust 12, 2015
If you were Spanish you got treated better and differently from everyone else. benefits and pay were great just poor management and HR.
Its a job.
Roller (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MSAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work, rolling tacos, burrittos on assembly line.Some times i worked in packing, packing out frozen tacos, burrittos, and then placing them in a box to be shipped out.
Pros
Employees get to sample the product
Cons
No room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Foods. Our community is ready to answer.