Windstar Cruises Employee Reviews

N/a
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Europe, Tahiti, CaribbeanJanuary 28, 2017
I love working on board and travelling and this is a great way to see the world and learn new things. Great company to work for. The crew is like family and all guest get called by name and at the end of teh voyage becomes like family
Pros
Crew is like Family we all work very well together
Good Compensation Structure
Vacation Planner - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2016
It's a company that you can make good money at, while having the opportunity to travel. They could use a more competitive base wage, and benefits.
Pros
Travel, Good Income Potential
Cons
Sub-par benefits
Excellent work place
Assistant restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2016
A goal oriented team well managed and well planned.Being a cruise ship excellent itinerary and good working conditions.
Pros
Accomodation and meals included
Cons
Very far from home.
Interesting and Exciting
Manager of Marine Hotel Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2016
Interesting and constantly varied. Always a new challenge and always busy. Time just flies and the crew simply are amazing.
problem solving, target setting and achieving, self driven, cost aware
Corporate Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2016
difficult company to work for after they came out of chapter 11 bancrupcy, new owner installed new management team with big ship background on the small cruise sailing ship company hence a lot of initiatives dis not work as expected. responsible for culinary crew recruitment, liasing with suppliers and prepare menus for different seasons, itinararies in Caribbean and Europe, loved the travel and adviseing /helping the onboard teams achieving targets, ratings, and talk to guests for feed-back where to improve the culinary product.
Pros
free travel, freedom while onboard
Cons
Off time not paid, no pension plan
Leadership/Communication
customer service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2015
Employees friendly and easy to work with. Communication between management and non management employees minimal at best.
Pros
Full Benefits and Sick time.
Cons
Non-communicationbetween departents/management.
Management doesn't get evaluated.
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2015
One of the most important things about a workplace, I think, is that managers and their employee alike should have the opportunity to evaluate each other. This was not possible at Windstar, and lends itself to micromanagement that was polarizing for many team members.
Pros
no take home work.
Cons
7 am Saturday shifts.
The Best Company I have Ever Worked for
Supervisor of Reservations Development (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 5, 2015
At this Job i started as a Sales Agent within a year I was promoted to Lead Vacation Planner, and within another year i was developed in to the Supervisor of Reservations Development. I have never worked anywhere that believed in developing every employee and bringing out their full potential. This incredible attitude has rubbed off on my and it is now my passion to hire and train employees to go as far as they possibly can, and not matter what i do i will love going to my job every day knowing that I am going to help people realize their full potential, and also knowing that I am going to do my best to continue to grow and never stop.
Pros
Amazing co workers, Great opportunities
Interesting place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2014
I was hired to be technical buyer and logistic specialist and ended up buying for the hotel side. This was a challenge as I did not have experience in hotel buying before but it was interesting and I learned a lot from my time there.
Fast passed company with potential for advancement.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Windstar is a growing company that I have had the pleasure of working with for 8 years now. Working with Windstar has provided me with the possibility of working and learning many other departments such as marketing, accounting, charter and incentive, HR, and PR.
Beautiful product, poor management
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2014
I worked there through their bankruptcy, total disaster then they got new management and changed the the whole structure of the the customer service/sales department. Cutthroat sales that only cared about the bottom line. Never once got a raise in 2 1/2 years and they changed the commission structure and made it more difficult for anyone to make money unless you acted like a used car sales person. If that's your thing then by all means go for it.
One thing they were really good about is that they had a great open door policy and were always willing to answer questions or talk to you about your concerns.
Don't work here
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2012
Terrible culture, leadership and no work/life balance. Great product though.
Great product, terrible leadership
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2012
Windstar crew deliver an outstanding onboard product. The Seattle leadership is another story. The owners would be better off whiping the slate clean and re-hire a team of industry professionals. Turnover is out of control but understandable.
Pros
great product
Cons
management