Windstream Communications Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, MSAugust 20, 2017
No time off 7 days a week, great pay, but no room for growing. Very old technology. If you you really need a job go for it. The insurance is a joke.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Company will be out of business in 3 years
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GAAugust 19, 2017
Company doesn't care about its employees....only the all mighty buck. They have no concern for treating employees fairly. I worked there for 9 years....they continued to expect employees to spend 5-15 minutes per day working off the clock to take the time to get out-dated computers up and systems running every day before you clock in. Not to mention you do not get paid for working any time after your shift unless you are there at least 7 or more minutes. They continually found ways to keep employees from getting the commission that they had earned. The Devil is probably a better employer
Pros
pay was okay...but not worth the stress
Cons
too many to list, uncaring corporate boss, not enough pay for all the work required, unrealistic adherence goals.
Management is not in tune with workers. Unbalanced expectation of employees.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
This is a good place to learn a wide range of skills but not a career corporation. Employee reviews are meaningless as merit increases are only 1.5% annually. There is no incentive to work hard other than having more work dumped on you. The incentive for doing poor work is that the work you didn't do gets dumped on the hard workers. There is no fair system of rewards or punishments for work ethics.
Great company
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 16, 2017
This was very busy Telecommunication Business. The people were awesome to work with and the Customer Service was great. It was a one big happy family place and everyone chipped in as a Team when needed.There were busy customers calling in with new orders, technical support, billing and a lot more.
Pros
customer service was great, great team to be in
Cons
a lot if not overwhelming work load
What i expected
I &R technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2017
Very fast paced. Had to hit ground running.
As long as you put in effort and be productive, it's easy to be successful. I would recommend any telco/DSL techs to apply.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, short contracts
Nice work environment
Analyst II-Engineering (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Windstream...I learned a lot, enjoyed the benefits, team moral is good and my supervisor was very understanding and willing to work with you on any task given
Great place to work.
Account Level Executive II (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARAugust 15, 2017
Windstream is a good place of employment. I enjoyed my time there.

I have never applied for any job, as to where, I had to go on and on and on about previous employers. Windstream was a good place to work. What else do you need for me to say?
Laidback atmosphere. Gives individual ability to be self motivated.
MAC Order Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 15, 2017
I have nothing to review. The job itself if easy. Not a lot of stress but not a lot of room for advancement unless you want to work in a sales environment.
Cons
Lack of management involvement.
Windstream was a good place to work
Manager Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 14, 2017
Windstream paid fairly and I work with many great people, the people worked hard and did their best to provide good customer service. Training was an issue in some areas
Pros
good pay and benifits great people
Cons
better training
Windstream was an exciting place to work
Senior IP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Windstream, There are a lot of excellent engineers there and my manager was very supportive. I would have liked to work there longer.
Pros
Able to work on a lot of different equipmen
Cons
Lots of late night work

Want to know more about Windstream Communications?

Ask a question
Not perfect, but still a good place to work
Billing Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2017
The atmosphere is relaxed. Management (in my department, specifically) allow you to work without hovering over your shoulder. There are team food days, team outings, etc., that make you feel good about the team you are a part of. Like any job, there are challenges, but it is not a high stress-type of environment.
Pros
Flexible schedules, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
somewhat unpredictable job security
Not stable
Network Technician III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
The company is making massive layoff's and reorganizing and doesn't matter how long, how dedicated or how much knowledge they will cut you anytime without notice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unstable
Overall Windstream was a great job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GAAugust 10, 2017
When i worked at Windstream, it was a pretty good job. Good Benifits, Great Pay, Great Team Work. The only thing i didnt like was the hours, the every 2 week pay, feeling dumb everytime i ask for help, and the mental exhaustion. I spent entirely to much time at work, almost everyday it was mandatory overtime. and the customers are really hateful and rude, that does take a toll on you
Pros
Moneyyyy
Cons
Not valued as an employee
Opportunity for personal growth and very fair compensation
Financial and Support Services (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 10, 2017
For many years Windstream cultivated an environment which allowed for growth and advancement from within. Windstream developed and refined employment and human resource policies that supported all levels of employees and assured a high level of functional performance across the organization.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Challenging work environment
Local Manager (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, OHAugust 7, 2017
I supervised 11 outside field technicians whom were all union employees. I am responsible for 14 exchanges in the Southern Ohio area. I thoroughly enjoy working with my employees as well as working with customers.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Bad weather made the job hectic at times.
high turn around
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2017
windstream has extremely high turn around rate most people only work a few months because of the schedule did see a lot of concern for employees and it showed
Fast paced call center with amazing co-workers. Always willing to help one another.
CSSR (Former Employee) –  Newton, IaAugust 4, 2017
Windstream was a fast-paced call center answering phone calls from customers with questions, complaints, and adding/removing services. We had sales goals that were achievable if you followed the procedures and policies. I met the sales goals all but one month while I was there so I earned commission. Sick days were used but there is a point procedure every time you used sick time. If you asked for time off in advance, the points would not count against you. You would get 7 points for the year but every 3 months a point would drop off if you came to work every day.
Pros
Decent pay, great co-workers, great management teams
Cons
Long hours (never out on time due to calls in queue)
Windstrream was a pleasant place to work
Small Business Sales Specialists (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 3, 2017
Call on small businesses in the surrounding area and encourage them to utilize Windstream's phone and internet service
It is a very competitive business
I had a great manager
The competition
The people I worked with and the training I received
Pros
Flexible hours and not always in an office setting
Cons
Pay was not equal with difficultly of job
They under pay employees.
IT Application Support II Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2017
I was able to work from home. Worked 40 hours a week. enjoyed the people. Some of the management staff was great but a lot really did not care about you. The moral of the employees was very low.
Unorganized Kaos
Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2017
Windstream LLC is a combination of numerous companies combined under one corporate management team. The company has failed to integrate and organize the company into an effective operation delivering excellent and reliable products / services to customers while maintaining a decent investment return for investors. Windstream offers numerous products and services to customers while providing poor quality and unreliable customer service.
Pros
Windstream has a very tallented work force expected to be experts on everything.
Cons
Bad management practices..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windstream Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8