Windstream Communications

Windstream Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Decent management but varies by location
Business Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJune 30, 2016
Fairly typical larger company. Insurance coverage is about the worst thing, but not too bad considering what is available. Most benefits are standard compared to other similar companies
Pros
Flexible, good pay
Cons
Communication
Cutthroat management turn over rate is insane
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJune 27, 2016
Turnover rate is something like 80% management is cutthroat they value sales over people. Their health insurance sucks it is awful! They find ways to get rid of hard working employees watch out for HR they make up stuff. Horrible management Horrible place to work I do not suggest this evil evil place they are pure evil
Pros
pay check
Cons
Management, Turnover rate, Health Insurance
Productive workplace
Enterprise Repair (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJune 21, 2016
Good place to work, very informational and was a great place to start my career. Hardest part was all of the systems we worked out of.
okay workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAJune 20, 2016
Typical day is answering incoming calls of customers who are mad at the company because there is a high turn over rate. Management is ok. The co-workers are what get you through the day. The hardest part is having to sit there while the customer chews you out for something that is not ok with the company. The most enjoyable part is the co-workers.
no need
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 18, 2016
no need to say anything. Compay is worried more about the stock price vs the customer and doing the right thing. Trouble ticket take way to long to get fixed and NOC doesnt know what they are doing.
Pros
good if you just want to get into telecom
Cons
to worried about the Stock price vs the customer
good job if you can work a lot of overtime with no advance notice
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Manning, IAJune 9, 2016
great management but training was terrible. I was an installation and repair tech for pots & internet issues. Unabell to travel due to my wife breaking hip on good old icy iowa concretete
Pros
great customers were so happy someone cared about there problems
Cons
very very poor training
Lack of direction
Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
While WIndstream provides an excellent product portfolio, the corporate direction and focus was often unclear. Ever changing management in the Atlanta market made it nearly impossible to focus on quota attainment. Directional changes between hunting for new business and farming existing accounts changed on a monthly basis.
Pros
Pay, office environment
Cons
Poor management, ever changing objectives
Descent job
Residential Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2016
A typical day at Windstream starts with calls from waiting customers right away, for the most part. Some of the calls will be from existing customers that may need assistance or to be routed to another department and a lot of the calls will be shoppers, not quite ready to make a decision, yet to take on Windstream as a provider. I have learned how to successfully turn the shoppers into real prospective customers, many times closing a multiple product sale. I love my co-workers. Most of them are more like family members than co-workers. I try to always be available to assist them with any situation as they do, me. Getting to see them and hearing about their lives, dreams and aspirations are probably one of the most enjoyable parts of my job, of course aside from closing a sale with a well satisfied customer. Certainly, one of the hardest parts of my job at Windstream is getting through the slow low-call volume days. It is difficult, as we as Sales Consultants are still expected to meet our goal. As for management, I suppose like in life, in general, you must adapt to who you are paired with the hope that they will get to know you as an individual and that they in turn will allow you to get to know them. I believe that, that formula is the key to a successful team.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Very high deductible before health benefits kick in
horrible place to work
Enterprise Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2016
nothing good to note here as the corp culture and support are non-existent. mass exodus currently happening to all business units
It's ok
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 31, 2016
Windstream is a good company with a good corporate culture. The Little Rock, AK management however doesn't seem to have much interest in developing the business west of the Rockies.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Minimal pay, benefits, raises...
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
Everything is reactive, nothing is proactive. Raises have been 1% for the last 3 years. Health insurance decreased, however you now have to pay the first 2k out of pocket, regardless. That is if you have the highest benefit available for employee only.

Availability to work from home is available for many, not for all. Should be a company wide rule.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Salary, health insurance, raises
Inbound Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAMay 25, 2016
I answered phones and heloed customers with questions and made changes on accounts, no more to say vbggggggggggggggggffgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
point system
Prductive, Great people and enviroment to work with.
Sales Support/Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 20, 2016
Windstream was a great place to work for. My Mgr was an awesome leader who constantly looked for ways to make our jobs enjoyable regardless of the constant changes. I learned to adjust to changes constantly and the importance of working together as a team. What I loved the most about my job at Windstream was the team dynamic and the togetherness we had. My Mgr Bobby Kendall was an excellent leader who wanted nothing but the best success for the team, amazing!!

The hardest part of my job was the constant changes of processes and systems we had to work with but we constantly managed to adjust and learn quickly.
Facility Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
Work with customers on issues they were having with voice, data and internet. Troubleshot issues with Operations center as well as with customer.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Company is laying off a lot of people.
Pricing Ananlyst
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2016
Windstream is a very good company to work for.They treat their employees very good ,my typical work day was assisting Sales Rep with customer's accounts,Data Entry, conference calls and providing price quotes.
Pros
Very nice to their employees
Cons
healthcare
Fun Sales Environment
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2016
A great place to work and having the 50% employee discount is a win/win. If you enjoy talking to customers and styling them you will for sure enjoy working here.
Cable Company
Assistant to Transition Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMay 12, 2016
Windstream purchased Lexcom, a local cable/phone company. Due to this buyout most of the office staff was laid off after the total conversion was in place. As a result of this buyout I was displaced.
Pros
We were given severance packages.
Cons
I was displaced because of buyout.
Na
Network Technician I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2016
Job was good, as a network tech I was involved with a lot of projects I learned a lot working as a Network Tech maintaining the central office. installing and testing was one of my main focus.
Positive Work Environment
Offline Enterprise Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 2, 2016
A positive work environment in a very large company that is still trying to break new ground in a changing world of telecom.
d2d
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 2, 2016
do not have nothing more to say sold phone and internet services never met anyone other than the 6 sales members was not in office long enough to make a good review or fair review
Pros
great services
Cons
we were in basement never seen anyone