Windstream Communications

Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
good
Business Sytems Technician II / Network Technician (Current Employee), Hou, WALMay 2, 2015
Good company to work for and very laid back and i would reccomend it to others fun place to work been there 3 years. The 401 k could be better
Lack of integration of new acquisitions; poor upper management
Engineer (Former Employee), ArkansasMay 2, 2015
Pros: co-worker
Cons: Poor upper management
Tools and work procedures are not well integrated across acquisitions. Upper management bark out orders through fear and intimidation. Software tools are not well suited to aid workers in their work duties. High turnover rate of employees.
Productive environment, Great managers.
Provisioning Specialist (Current Employee), Maitland, FLMay 1, 2015
I would like to say that overall experience has been very good with this company also would like to add most managers there were good professionals.
Corporate mess
Business Systems Technician (Former Employee), wilmington, ncApril 28, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: too many to list
Not only does the right hand not know what the left is doing, it doesn't even know it exists- Acquisitions are made, but no integration after the fact- Big mess, and am embarrassed it took me so long to quit- Learned alot trial by fire, but lost alot of hair in the process- if you have experience and talent, go somewhere else
commercial teller
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2015
i was commercial teller handling large deposits and waiting on customers inside the bank and also at the drive thru window
Was a learning experience fun learned alot
Coordinating Engineer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 22, 2015
Pros: Brand new and different knowledge acquired
Cons: Wasn't impressed by Managements lack of Professionalism with certain circumstances
Thankful for the new area of experience acquired in the brief assignment I had. it consisted of Microsoft OfficemSuite OUtlook
Good Benefits and Pay for this area
lead rep in charge (Former Employee), Harrison, ARApril 16, 2015
The job was enjoyable. However, the company did not care about its employees. There was no room for advancement and the management was not helpful.
Productive, and fun work place
Level 2 Specialist-Help Desk Tech (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MissouriApril 9, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Pay/Compensation
A typical day at work includes, a briefing of the day's events, such as properties with issues.
I've learned many things working here including how to reboot aps, better communication skills with guest's on the phone, organizational skills, leadership, and teamwork.
Management is low-key, positive, productive
My co-workers for the most part are kind, and easy to work with
The hardest part of the job would be not being able to always fix the issue for the guest.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be speaking to different people, from all over the world, helping them, and hearing their gratitude,
Nice environment
Financial Services/Major Government Accounts Rep. (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2015
Pros: Management is good
Cons: raises
I have enjoyed working at Windstream. I was a Financial service rep. My days at Windstream consisted of collecting on past due invoices. I would call Business customers to collect on the past due balances and if they disputed the invoice I would request customer to pay the undisputed amount. I would note the customer's account and would assure them that I would handle any issues that they where having with their account, which involved calling Sales, Repair or Billing.
Java Developer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Informatica Developer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2015
Good place to learn, friendly management, challenging job, good perks,most enjoyable part of job is learning and presenting as a team lead
windstream
Residential Customer Service and sales/Business (Former Employee), charlotte, ncMarch 28, 2015
I loved mytime with this company and all the opportunites for growth it afforded me.I was with this company for 3years and was able to learn a lot about each department. Their management has a open door policy that loves to hear feedback.
Cutting Edge Telecom Company
Telecommunications Field Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
Great Company. Windstream is a great place to work and stays on the front of technology. I would recommend them to anyone interested in Telecom.
Great Starting Point
Manager (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: place to start
Cons: everything else
There are not enough people to run the business it is very difficult to get things you need and often times are done under the cover of "needs of the business" when it is really bad management.
Outstanding experience! Positively impacted the business of numerous clients and helped change the quality of life of many employees for the better
Vice President- Enterprise Sales (Former Employee), Oklahoma and TexasMarch 16, 2015
Pros: an opportunity to be a part of something special.
Cons: poor nps scores, inability to implement services sold consistently
From starting at Windstream in July 2010 until the end of 2013 I was one of the more successful sales leaders in the company's short existence. I built one of the smallest teams in one of the smallest markets and turned it into the number one producing team in the entire country. I had tremendous success at Windstream. As a VP we were faced with my challenges that resulted from the Paetec acquisition. Culture changes, system integration, customer loss, employee turnover, etc. Everyone was doing the best with what they had at the time. I can't say enough about the C Level leadership in place at the time and the direct access and support I have from them.
Compensation changes changed the way I felt
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: spiffs, working with friendly faces
Cons: micromanaging, no room for advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job used to be just coming to work knowing that there was a chance that I would be utilized in other roles in the center and the hardest part was dressing up when corporate visitors came by. My co-workers have always been enjoyable and great to be around. We all were in the same position so we developed a kinship.
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: everything stated above
Cons: company was bought and policies and atmosphere changed extremely in a negative way
Previous to being purchased by Windstream. PAETEC was by far the greatest place to work based on technical skills training, management training, culture and co workers. I owe the success of my career starting with PAETEC.
Enjoyed My job
Voice Specialist (Current Employee), MaitlandFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: not so great if you are lazy
Enjoyed my job....... great co workers and immediate management. fast pace and every day is something new. Great place to work. will learn a lot. Not a great place if you are lazy!!!
Transition of responsibility of Kerrville market ended poorly for me.
Small Business Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Nice company to work for. I like being self-sufficient, but I had little influence from my Houston office working in Kerrville. Our office was a way outside the "home office". eventually, I thought Houston lost interest in the Kerrville market as there was a transition to San Antonio taking over the market.

1 2 3 4 5

About Windstream Communications

Windstream is not just a Fortune 500 company. We’re also the provider of choice for four out of five Fortune 500 companies – Read more

Windstream Communications Salaries