Windstream

Windstream United States Employee Reviews

Coordinating disconnect orders with internal teams
Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2015
Process orders to hand off to translations so services/accounts can be disconnected. I learned to pay closer attention to details and prioritize tasks as the day went. The hardest part of the job was aligning dual orders to process simultaneously.
Poor management
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 31, 2015
Management was very detached from employees. Very high turn over rate due to management. Training was okay, but did not truly prepare you for the position.
Great company!
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment, awesome team members. supportive leadership team
Cons: n/a
Work along with Project Managers, TSS, TDS to complete job orders.
Hardest part of the job is reaching out to different departments to complete their tasks timely. Co-workers are easy to work with and willing to help. I love the work/life balance culture here.
Communication Company
Sales Manager/ Small Business Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2015
Good company. Needs to update its computer programs and infrastructure. Still uses some DOS base programs which work well but antiquated = time consuming.
Had much potential to be a great career
SpecI-ERCTransportTech/2ndShiftLeadSupervisor (Former Employee), Maitland, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: benefits are avarage
Cons: systems and databases are completely nutty, upper management do not share a clear vision or goal with the organization so be wary
Alot of documentation to learn from for those who can self teach easily. Hardly any training provided, Coworkers and direct management are great and do the best they can but policies and promotions are iffy and seem more relationship based instead of talent based. They are currently doing mass call center consolidations and it seems more are to come.
People is what makes it!
Network Analyst II Transport NOC (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: windstream has no real direction.
Stressful high energy day that merge together. Management takes most of the stress off the employees from upper management to allow us to complete our task the the skills needed.
FUn and great place to work
Data Specialist II Translations (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 4, 2015
During this time, I have gained experience in testing and troubleshooting equipment, developing and executing
plans, as well as resolving customer and company escalated issues efficiently and professionally
Sales > Quality > Sales repeat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baldwin, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: team members
Cons: mandatory overtime
The coworkers are great and the immediate supervisors try to help you anyway they can. However, the overall push by the company is to sale, sale, sale and get off the phone. There was a push for better quality and customer service, but with everything coming down the pipeline it was always sales mean more.
The partnership with DISH meant that your quality score would suffer if you didn't push that product as well.
Spec I - ERC Data/Voice Technician (Current Employee), Maitland, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great building in maitland - gym, outdoors deck by lake
Cons: they are closing the maitland facility
Overall incredible team of folks and solid management. Customer focus is improving. I would keep working at this building if they were to keep it open for my department
fun place to work
Network Analyst II (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: windstream was a fun place to work, but the job stability was always present on your mind because of the financial problems they have.
Cons: the financial issues made it hard to feel secure with your job
typical day was spent writing configuration files for dslam units that were to be installed on the network as some point. If I was not scheduled for a turn up, that is what I would be doing. If I had had turn ups scheduled, I would spend the day doing installations, conversions from ATM to Ethernet, or whatever I had to do. Usually doing turn up's I would do a site that was at least 50-150 units. I would be scheduled for a site, and given multiple days to do them. The best part of the day was interacting with the people that I worked with. Myself and another lady would plan parties for our department for team building.
great coworkers , learned alot
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Irvine, KYJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day was self managed completion of install orders and trouble tickets.
I learned how to identify and repair trouble in twisted pair cable using many different types of testing equipment.
My supervisor was not local but his assistance was only a phone call away.
The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part , in any weather i had to use brain power and physical strength to solve problems and complete tasks.
Non Ptoductive
Spec I NOC Technician (Former Employee), Fairport, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consist of working with 90% of irate customers/LEC's, because of the products and services that were provided. I learned how to work closely with Field Techs to help provide a better service for their customers. Most managers have personal relationships and not really concerned about their employees. The hardest part of the job was having to let the customers down, and the most enjoyable part for me was getting their services restored.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Translator Engineer (Former Employee), Hudson, OHDecember 31, 2014
Equal Opportunity Employer
Engineer Code Translations
Analysts and resolves network issues for customers
n/a
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2014
Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable manner. Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries and concerns.
Maintains a presence in the store by providing excellent customer service.
Ensures a clean, well-stocked store for customers.
At the direction of the Store Manager, supervises, trains, and develops Store Team Members on Family Dollar operating practices and procedures.
Assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery truck, organizes merchandise, and transfers merchandise from stockroom to store.
Assists Store Manager in ordering merchandise and record keeping to include payroll, scheduling and cash register deposits and receipts.
Supports Store Manager in loss prevention efforts.
Assumes certain management responsibilities in absence of Store Manager.
Follows all Company policies and procedures.
Absolutely loved my job!
Analyst Level 1 (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed unstressed atmosphere
Cons: too many systems
Intense auditing but laid back dress. Got along great with co-workers and loved my manager.
there is nothing to say at this time
Data Network tech (Former Employee), paDecember 19, 2014
there is nothing more to say about this company and I don't know why I have to review this company??? its not a good company to work for the management for this company is not for employees only for themselves. the hours and time off are non existent and you are responsible for too much for too less with micromanagers at every step of the way.. not pleasant work environment
Best Job Ever
Tech II SMB Tech Support (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: travel, lots of freedom
Cons: contract work
Travel, work with a small team of 3 or 4 to install telecommunication equipment at remote data centers. Physical work pulling and terminating cable to appropriate endpoints and make sure it all powers up.
Veery productive and fun place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed my time here and all the people I got to know. It was a great learning experience with sales and also customer service. I became a better employee at this job and anyone who was to work for the company would enjoy it.
Flexible
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 17, 2014
My position is overall great and so is the position under me. You really cant find the hours we work in retail for the money we make. Im not gonna get into too much detail but I would recommend it
Great Atmosphere to work in with Positive incentives
Field Technician II (Current Employee), Logan, IAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good deeds and work ethnics are rewarded!
Cons: they cut costs by elemenating bucket trucks therefore arieal maintence is not too fun
I cannot complain at all about this company, anyone and everyone that I got to meet and work with brought something unique to the team. A very pleasurable work experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Windstream

Instead of relying on the prevailing breeze to deliver its services, Windstream makes use of more tangible connections, such as – Read more

Windstream Salaries