Windstream

Windstream Employer Reviews

Above Average
Virtualization Engineer L2 (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent and felexible work hours
Cons: 60+ hours per week with minimal staff
Excellent development and growth opportunities. Excellent and positive feedback from management. Experienced tremendous growth in Storage and Virtualization Engineering.
Windstream strives to be the best in the business, they continue to evolve our internal workforce so our customers can get their needs met quickly.
Specialist, I-Service Delivery (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IASeptember 15, 2014
I work with a highly dedicated and focused group of people. We have a large volume of orders that need processed with short intervals and work as a team to reach daily goals. Our management is there to help back us up in anyway they can.
Fairly stable company but too many silos that do not communicate well with one another
Operational Director (Former Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: innovative in solutions
Cons: too much focus on top line and not enough on customer satisfaction and profit margin
Not good clear communication between the CPE and Network sides of the business. Management is very focused on the top line, which has meant an erosion of profit margin and therefore the continual need to cut costs to maintain a healthy profit investors are looking for. They sell a good bundle solution (network and CPE) but customers are challenged with – more... getting to the right group to take care of their issues. – less
Great Company
Corporate Account Representative - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Great company with great benefits..... managment is great as well
sales organization is not aligned for success
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: hard working organizations
Cons: no teamwork
the sales teams are not align by accounts or geography. It is a free for all in the various sales regions...
A telecommunications company that was a joy to work for.
Network Operations VoiP Technician (Former Employee), Fairport, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: friendly work envirenment
Cons: pay could have been higher
Typically managed a queue of 15-20 trouble tickets and learned several different aspects of the communications network including facilities, routing and VoiP. Management at this company was very helpful in every aspect and my co-workers were a joy to work with. The hardest part of this job was dealing with irate customers and the most enjoyable part – more... of the job was the same because by the end of our conversation the customer understood that I was always trying to help them. – less
demanding job
Account Representative Inside Sales (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 29, 2014
Time consuming not a family friendly job.. stressful with sales quota.
Don Cowick Enginer (Access and transport) at Windstream
Engineer (Current Employee), Lincoln NEJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great team and sense of accomplshment
Cons: time spent between departments due to lack of coordination.
Work for an Access Engineer will include building CWDM circuits and WDM circuits. It will include changing Calix remotes from ATM fed to Gig E fed. It includes building SONET and Gig E rings and building network nodes on those rings.

The work provisions all aspects of customer circuits from end to end including the customer premises equipment.

To – more... do this job, the engineer should be acquainted with optic circuits, optical signal levels, and project management.

We start the building of circuit's transmission paths, create documentation, order the equipment, monitor the installation, and provide technical support.

The jobs in the beginning are defined in bare bones term. The engineer has to search and find out all the details necessary to build the circuit end to end.

The network rings are mainly Cisco and Cyan.

The hardest part of the job is the ferreting information between diverse and many times totally unconnected departments.

The best part of the job is the Team Members. All work hard to get the job done on time and in budget.

The rewards are the accomplishments allowing the customers circuits to be turned over as complete. – less
Up and Coming
Senior Consultant - Service Delivery/Operations (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
Windstream is a company built from numerous acquisitions, and the company is working hard (and is succeeding) in overcoming the obstacles associated with integrations.
Bilingual Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJune 17, 2014
Pros: various activies
Cons: saling, and offering
Worked in bilingual que. My manager was great and fair. Awesome group of people to work with. Learned to explain, and calculate billing issues. The hardws was offereing products and services when the customer was calling to cancel a service.
Inbound tech calls
ERA I (Current Employee), Fairport, NYMay 19, 2014
answering inbound calls for businesses
I learned how to test circuits
My department was downsized, 45 people lost their positions
Consumer Account Executive (Former Employee), Concord NCApril 22, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and great benefits
Windstream was a great place to work, great benefits. I worked there almost 15 years. Had a great job. Would recommend anyone to Windstream.
Telecom Company
Wholesale Implementation Engineer II (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 21, 2014
Worked as Wholesale Implementation Engineer II, processing orders that customer's submitted, and ensured that the orders were done in a timely and caring manor.
CTC Employee
Customer Service Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Concord, NC formerly CTC BuildingApril 16, 2014
Wonderful company to work for until sold to Windstream. Never a day that didn't want to go to work. Friendly faces and lots of opportunity for advancement.
working at windstream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newton, IAApril 10, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: rude management not very flexible
I did like working here I just moved again and had my child before I could continue it. they were not very understanding or willing to work with people to accomadate needs
WINDSTREAM is a great place to work
Manager of Technical Design Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 1, 2014
Pros: employees enpowered
Cons: can be stressful at times
WINDSTREAM has a strong hands on management team. Individuals are empowered and encouraged to make independent decisions. It is a fast paced environment with lots of customer interaction and each employee can make a difference. I often worked with customer when they were having service issues an I achieved a great sense of satisfaction when I was able – more... to help the customer. – less
This is the worst company I have ever worked for
Account Executive (Former Employee), Addison, TXMarch 23, 2014
Cons: see above
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. I lost faith in the products I was selling due to making sales and the companies inability to implement what I sold. In addition to Management was unprofessional, non supportive, motivating nor competent and not only participated in constant Human Resource violations but encouraged them with some of – more... his favorite employees..

I would never recommend this company. – less
Enjoy the constant traveling and meeting many different people
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not organized.
Overall I enjoy the challenge of installing and maintaining the equipment.
Fast paced call center environment
Coach Monitoring/Lead/Dispatch (Former Employee), Baldwin, GAMarch 3, 2014
Upper Managment was always very supportive of and promoted fast thinking, self resolution tactics of issues and problems inside SOP guidelines. Think for yourself, provide outside of the box resolution opportunities and ideas for team enhancement.
Promoted team work and had no tolerance for disention which makes for a great work environment.

If you – more... worked hard you were recognized justly. – less
Very closed minded company
Specialist II - ERC Facility/Transport Support (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 14, 2014
Company is very closed minded in the types of people they want to hire. Very little opportunity for advancement. Prefers to hire contractors for short term then replace with new faces as opposed to offering to extend or hire on.

1 2 3 4

About Windstream

Instead of relying on the prevailing breeze to deliver its services, Windstream makes use of more tangible connections, such as – Read more