Windward Studios Employee Reviews

Extremely fun and challenging place to work
Content Creator (Current Employee) –  Telecommute to Boulder, COJuly 7, 2015
If you're self-driven, Windward is a fabulous place to work.

You are encouraged to come up with your own ideas, to figure out the best ways to put those ideas into practice, and to try new things that may be outside your expertise and comfort zone. You're also encouraged to learn/develop new skills through training courses.

Working at Windward means constantly asking yourself how to do something better and what new approaches you can try. Your idea may fail and that's okay; those ideas that fail typically do so quickly and then it's on to the next.

The culture is fantastic. The company puts on fun events (scavenger hunts, blogging challenges, contests on everything from cooking to coding, etc.) and the atmosphere among and between departments is one of co-operation.
Pros
interesting work, fun culture, support for trying new ideas
Cons
low department budget
Fulfilling position in a stable enterprise software company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, ColoradoJune 9, 2015
During my time at Windward I learned many practical lessons about software engineering and dealing with customers. Being a small company created a good balance between keeping customers happy and making new features to seize on future opportunities. I never felt like anyone was standing still there was a constant drive to innovate on marketing, engineering, and messaging.

The management made me feel like family and we had a solid cadence of work and fun with the friday game nights and company gatherings.

Enterprise software may not seem exciting but within these products are the same challenges any software company faces.
Pros
co-workers, company culture, challenges, drive
Cons
compensation
I loved Windward
Lead Generation/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 8, 2015
I worked there for nearly 5 years and had a very positive experience.
The management tried very hard to explore new ideas and philosophies, and it had a very upbeat environment.
We worked hard and played hard and hit our quota most of the time.
Getting out early on Fridays was awesome and lunches at the local brewery was always a kick in the pants.
I always felt that my opinion had weight and was a crucial part of the team.
Pros
A very positive work environment.
Cons
Calling into international time zones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windward Studios. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8