Wine Warehouse Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Wine Warehouse
On-Premise Sales Representative - Valley Region (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 8, 2017
My day was building and maintaining strong relationships with our customers. My company was the best to work for with support and family corp beliefs of success .Typical day was out canvasing new accounts and maintaining business with existing accounts, presenting new product and building distribution for corp items on focus.
Good
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 7, 2017
It was cool working with dofferent kinds of alcohol. Never knew there was that many types of beer, wasn't there much long but still had a good time working there.
wine warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 23, 2017
working in the warehouse i wass responsibile for making sure that all the wine was taken out the boxes and stocked up on the shelf. Also madw sure it was seperated in the right place and order it was suppose to be in.
Management needs improvement.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 2, 2017
First break shouldnt be within the first hour, management clearly shows preference. Checkers should not be so lazy and help pick orders since they are just sitting down in their trucks.
Great Job for Work Life Balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 1, 2017
You work independently everyday directly upselling product to buyers in specified area. Sense of autonomy each and evryday to hit goals, but have the opportunity to receive help from boss. Early hours stating at 6am and ending your day at 2pm. Overall very positive hardworking and fun culture.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
sometimes unrealistic goals
A great company to work for
Territorial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 28, 2016
A sales Reps day would consist of visiting a number of retail stores to assist the store manager to place product on display in different areas of the store. Take an order for product, place the order and return later that week to merchandise the product that was ordered.

I learned how to build relationships with my buyers and build the company brand by educating my customer about the different products we sold.

The most difficult part of the job was building large displays in a store. most cases could weigh up 30 to 40 lbs.

I loved how I was able to be successful by building those relationships to meet and exceed my goals.
Pros
great commission
Cons
lots of driving
Great in bulding my foundation for craft products
Sales Specialist/Representative/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 19, 2016
Great place to learn and grow with much independence and great co workers, but seeking new opportunities specifically within craft beer.
Pros
Not a typical nine to five job.
Cons
Can get hectic at times.
An avereage warehouse setting with great time for work and life
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CAAugust 8, 2016
Job gives you good time to balance work and life. The job does not pay that well for what similar companies offer. The staff are easy to get along with.
Productive company
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 27, 2016
Basic labor job. requires lifting and standing for long periods of time. helpful coworkers and equipment to make job easier. good management.
Must be a self motivated individual
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of driving to multiple accounts in your designated area. Before entering each account, you greet the store director to let them know you're there. Ask what you can do for them to let them know that you're interested in helping them out. Do what they ask with a positive attitude. They can ask you to work their back stock, work their liquor load, service anything that you have in their store, etc. After about an hour of helping them out, you present a sales pitch to bring more product into their store. It can be as little as adding a wine bottle to the cold box or as big as bringing in 100 cases to build a display. Most of the store directors expect you to show FaceTime everyday in order for them to bring in your product. If you have a good relationship with them, you're in luck. They will help you out if you help them out. I learned how to build long lasting relationships to increase sale goals; I learned about time management, I learned about wine warehouse products, and how to successfully execute monthly sale goals. Management is there when you need them, but they're usually busy driving around town helping out other vendors. My co-workers managed their own territories. The only time I saw them was during general sale meetings every month. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 3 am and working 10-hour days. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to manage myself, not having to be micromanaged, and setting my own schedule and hours.
Pros
You make your own schedule, you can start and end when you want, no one is micro managing you, you're your own boss, the time goes by very fast, so make sure you stick to your itinerary and schedule that you create for yourself.
Cons
Really early hours, you can start anywhere between 2-6am, your goal is to beat your competition, management can be a little more attentive.
Realxing work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Wine Warehouse is a fine beverage company except for the fact that they bragged about being a growing company and offering promotions, yet ive been there a little over a year and i have yet to hear anything about a promotion.
Pros
im self managed
Cons
Management isnt helpful
excelled as a top performing sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I loved working for this company. I really learned how to be a top salesman with this company , but I decided to relocate to Las Vegas with my children to be closer to my family. The tools I learned there will be with me in my future career choice for years to come.
Great Work Atmosphere
Assistant Manager/Craft Beer Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJanuary 3, 2016
Managers are fun and laid back. As long as work gets done, fun is a requirement. Heavy lifting is the hardest part of the job.
warehouse work 4 ten hour days
Night Stocker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 26, 2015
stocking alcohol, there are different type of alcohols, the management was good, positive, and direct. my co workers were very reliable and worked hard. the hardest part of the job was the long ten hour day and constant picking up cases of alcohol and barrels of beer. it was a great work atmosphere everybody got along.
Pros
get friday off
Cons
ten hour days
productive
forklift operator/ lead person (Current Employee) –  city of commerce CAFebruary 5, 2015
Well it's a nice place to work, everybody gets along well it's exhausting at times because its a lot of walking, I think the hardest part of the job is the schedule because you practically spend the entire night there from sundown to sun up.
Wines
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Mantua, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Just started there. Management is very good to work with. Learning alot about different wines and craft beers.
Customers are loyal.
Co workers are great to work with.
The hardest part of my job is lifting the boxes into carts.
I enjoy the customers.
Pros
Hours are great
Cons
Not enough hours
Great products and many types of accounts
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 16, 2014
Have an account base of over 100 on and off-sale accounts. Hands off management, trust to handle my business and make my own judgement calls about sales. Enjoyed selling from a big portfolio of items.
not good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 26, 2014
Management does not appreciate the hard work done by veteran employees. Not a good place to work.
Stimulated environment
Wine Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 25, 2014
Best part of the position was developing and keeping long term relationships.
Pros
Learning about wine.
Cons
Upper management skills
Family owned company
Key Account/Sales Representative - Chain Division (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 27, 2013
Great family owned company. However, not much movement up to better positions. Long work days and sometimes weekends. Must be in the field by 6 am. However, most workdays start at 5 am. Must be able to lift and move 50lbs repeatedly. Stooping, bending, and climbing ladders. Great co-workers. Hardest part is the lifting. It happens all day. Great customers which makes the day go fast.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
LIfting