Winfield Security Employee Reviews in United States

Dont do it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2016
Worst company in the world if you have crondentials and security experience dont apply they only pay 9.00 nothing else
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Run
security/fire guard (Former Employee) –  new yorkJune 12, 2016
from the door you will see how unorganized this company is EVANS PIERRE set up meetings/interviews with people and dont show up to work that day. They always have uncovered posts leaving you stuck or have you doing extra work that isnt in the contract. Winfield has many contracts with not enough employees simply because they are so unprofessional and treat us like dirt. All they care about is getting contracts when they dont even have workers. Dispatch is so ghetto and unprofessional its sad this company should be shut down or a whole new team of management in place. As a guard you will recieve no respect from management because of your title.
Pros
overtime if dispatch likes you, on time and correct pay
Cons
rude dispatchers, disrespectful, under paid
Horriable !!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  333 east 47th streetMay 27, 2016
Dispatch is very rude and talk to you how ever they please no respect for employees at all.. They give the hour to whom they feel like it if .. they are not understanding when you have a child or need certain hours because you have a child .. the company it self is just very unorganized and the pay is horrible the pay 9.00 and give the sites that pay more only to certain people ... so much more to say but I would need all the time in the world dont work for these people !!! They shouldn't even be in business !! Security officers deserve to make much more money then 9.00 especially at a stand up site ..
Pros
Cons
Everything !!
lovely company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMay 4, 2016
Great company to work for plus you get to see lots of people. there was no hard part to the job it was easy. the company was good
Pros
flexible days
Cons
job ended quick
productive
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work. supervise the over 40 guards making sure they performing their duties. the most enjoyable part of the job is driving as I spend all my time driving to the sites and checking on guards.
always work available
Security Guard/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJNovember 7, 2015
Long days and hours on you're feet breaks were short overtime was great but at times to much due to short staffing you meet people from different places all the time which was good it was a okay job to have
Pros
Overtime
Cons
short breaks and if a person did'nt show up for work you had to stay
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant in Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2015
Hours are very flexible. A typical day at work can sometimes be hectic. I learned to deal with a lot of personalities. My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was when the next security guard didn't show up for work and you had to work a double shift at the last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of people.
Pros
The company did try to place you in your borough.
Cons
The office didn't listen to you when you had a problem with a supervisor who was unprofessional.
stepping stone
Security Officer Debevoise and Plimpton (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2015
great place to learn, the pay was more or less but it was better than nothing. the benefits was ok cant complain. the site was decent
Fun workplace
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Fun place to work. Nice colleagues and supportive members. I work at the lobby must of the time and it is fun welcoming people and giving them a memorable smile for the day.
no room for advancement and very low pay rate with extensive duties
Security officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2015
with this comapny in certain facilities you will be a security guard/ maintenance/ secretary/ everything. and only get a starting pay of 9.00 an hour if you lucky but mostly they start at 8.25 for entry level.
Pros
its a paying job
Cons
no lunch break, no job advancement opportunities, short amount of work hours, union due fees out of every other check plus fingerprinting fees, no raise after a year employment, no raise at all
Security Officer/PT Supervisor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 21, 2015
As a full time security officer I've learned as a self starter to become a leader was eager my interest to move ahead and become a part-time Field Supervisor on the weekend and trained eight guards and managed eight buildings wasn't hard . I got to know all the visitors and residences . The most enjoyable part of the job was that my guards all work together with me and enjoy and loved when I was working . What Supervisor you know would cook there guards person pan of lasagna for the Best Working team to have on my shift in the evening . I've learned a lot from knowing all who is Banned to notifying the Management need to know or inform them when something needs to be aware of and a report to be written for management Office. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold!!! I'm a role model to my pass co-workers.
Agency
FT-Security Guard (Current Employee) –  57 west 37 th streetMarch 31, 2015
the operations manager is a very cool guy which helps you to find jobs fairly quickly. Dispatch vey nasty though but over all they as not that bad
profesional work enviroment
Site Supervisor/Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJFebruary 18, 2015
supervised and trained guards to do a good job,monitor CCTV and fire alarms,got along with all my co workers and employers,he hardest part about the job was working outdoors in bad weather,but it was a fun and great place to work.
Pros
we had lunch break
Cons
no health insurance or sick days paid.
Ok work place but great staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
To work with an organization where I can share my skills & experience to benefit the company & promote self-growth.
I liked the fact that I received an oportunity.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
I performed foot patrol in various locations. I didn't particularly like working at this company
Professional
LICENSE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  New York New YorkAugust 22, 2014
This company demonstrates professional and has very good contracts for its employees. In addition, its a union company.
Pros
the contracts they have acquired are very good.
Cons
the company can improve salary per hour.
security
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 23, 2014
this company was a little unorganized and i didnt reallly care for the supervisors
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2014
My day at work is very interesting as I have to solve peoples problem as they approach the front desk coupled with the fire safety director responsibility.
I have learned how to handle different situation and different people character.
The management of the company is excellent and my co-workers are team players.The hardest part of my job is attending to students with difficult characters and strange attitudes.
The most enjoyable part is solving varies problem each day
The job didn't pay well, but I was a union member for the first time.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work was having to make rounds of the job site. I learned what it was like being a member of a union. I knew the boss and supervisors very well. I met co-workers who always showed me what to do at the job site. The hardest part of the job was that I only made from $3.50 per hour up to $4.50 per hour which is well below today's minimum wage. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was the first time that I had been working full time.
Pros
unionize job.
Cons
very poor salary.
Security
Certified Metal Detector Operations
CPR Qualified
Fire Guard F-91 Safety Certificate
Positive work ethics
Works well with others and Independently
Punctual