Wing Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Insure the patient accounting office is running smoothly
Patient Accounts Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palmer, MAMarch 9, 2017
I review credit balances, ensure all employees have what they need to perform. Daily rounds to talk to the employees to make sure there are no issues. Provide feedback when needed, mostly to maintain an upbeat atmosphere during this transition.
Pros
Love the people
Cons
at this time to keep everyone motivated
Great doctors
Radiographer, Mammographer and CT tech (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Learned all modalities.
Mammography appointments scheduled every 15 minutes.
Management responsibilities are stretched. Managers have to be responsible for two or more department facilities.
Moral is poor due to layoffs.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Short staffed.
Productive and fun workplace
File Clerk/Assistant File Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAAugust 4, 2016
Employees are rarely appreciated and aren't paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done. No initiatives. But it was always busy and never boring, and the work was tedious but enjoyable.
The Griswold Center of Wing Memorial Hospital has a fantastic group of staff who are dedicated to serve individual within the community who are in nee
Full time salaried clinician (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MASeptember 30, 2014
Provided outpatient psychotherapy for a large caseload of individuals with various life struggles and associated personal stress experiences.

Working there, I learned to adjust to the dynamics of hospital based management styles, while continuing to grow and learn as a provider of counseling services. The clients that I have served over the years have taught me the most with regards to the human experience, the impact of life stress and factors that facilitate resilience.

The changes in management, particularly within the Griswold Center, were of definite benefit to the morale and overall sustainability of the program at large.

Wing Memorial's Griswold Center has an excellent team of clinicians and support staff, who are very dedicated to their work. I miss them all very much.

The hardest part of the job was a universal concern impacting clinicians across the US. The ever increasing and growing mountain of paperwork and administrative mandates that consume our workdays, inevitably taking away from the time, energy and focus that we are able to place on the clients that we serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being witness to the transformation and healing process within those that I have served.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant / part- time (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MASeptember 4, 2014
The person I worked directly under was enjoyable to work for....
Pros
I liked going to work every day
Cons
was hired knowing that when construction was complete I was not going to be promised a position
Overall great place to work
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST AND FILING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Wilbraham, MAApril 6, 2014
I have been trained on a variety of new electronic medical records systems.
I am able to help patients with scheduling appointments.
I am being trained for referrals
Good place to work.
Supervisor Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Palmer, MAJanuary 27, 2014
My days are busy which I like. I have learned a lot about computers, people, and working as a team. As far as computers I have learned different programs to do my job. I love learning new things. I usually come away from my job feeling satisfied that I accomplished a lot during the day. I manage my time well which allows me this feeling.
Pros
my job is close to home
busy emergency room
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  palmer massachusettsJanuary 17, 2014
typical day at work usually involves checking all supplies at the start of shift. I learned how to deal with difficult patients both mentally and physically. management is not bad but there is need for improvement. most of my coworkers are easy and fun to work with. the hardest part of my job is psych patients and cardiac arrests. the most enjoyable part is when saving someones life.
Great Training
Patient Care Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAJuly 17, 2013
Able to work as PCA with a flexible scheduled . Had an amazing trying program with knowledgeable nurses and physicians.
Staff under trained on psychiatriac unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MASeptember 20, 2012
Management doesent have knowlege of psychiatry. I was released for critism of senior management.
Pros
pleasant staff
Cons
quick to fire staff
Great learning experience, really smart people
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Palmer, MAJuly 13, 2012
Continuous improvement through learning, great management & the best co-workers I have had the pleasure to work with
Pros
great hours, great co-workers
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Productive workplace however management does not care about employees
Managed Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAApril 13, 2012
This was a great working environment however, I quickly realized that the only thing that concerns management is productivity. I would have loved some positive reinforcement and even a little encouragement, but all we received was criticism.
Busy hospital setting where I learned patient care
CNA (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAApril 4, 2012
Busy day where 8 hour shift pasted very quickly. Learned various medical technical tasks and procedures.
Pros
wonderful nurses with which to work
Cons
daily procedures can be highly stressful
Very community based and friendly.
Ward Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAMarch 30, 2012
I enjoyed working here because it is a community-based hospital that is still very friendly.