Wingate by Wyndham Employee Reviews

Meeting with the guests or business clients
Sales/ Function Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 28, 2015
My typical work day consisted of an ideal shift. (9 to 5, and may be sacrifing my weekends when I needed too).

With this job, I enjoyed working with management and co-workers, it was a nice family environment.

The hardest part of my job was not really that often.
Pros
The people and guest
Cons
Leaving the position
wonderful place to work and to grow within the company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 30, 2015
wingate by wyndham was and is a beautiful place to work. The team work is excellent. Work gets done in a timely manner. no one is more important than anyone else. The hardest but most enjoyable part of the job is when the hotel is sold out either from sports teams or family reunions. At times the guests weren't exactly immaculate but that's what we are there for. I loved meeting new people from all over. More enjoyable was the guests that frequently returned because of the service they received. I couldn't have worked with a finer group of co-workers. We were reminded that we have a job because of the guest's satisfaction.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
long stressful hours when we were short staffed
NO Benefits
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2015
No benefits.. Nights get busy, pays not that well. Nice place to get foot in the door for hotel business. No room for growth.
Great Workplace
Hotel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVAugust 17, 2015
Coworkers were fantastic, including managers. I learned a lot about time management because you're left to work alone throughout the majority of the day & still be self sufficient enough to get all of your assigned rooms done in a timely fashion.
Pros
free lunches, great coworkers, bonus incentives
Cons
Professional, clean, and friendly environment
Housing keeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 11, 2015
The people always make me feel welcome and at home. The goal is to always please and satisfy you in every way possible. Its not all about the numbers, they make it worth your while.
horrible
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2015
Wasn't my best place to work. I had very bad memories of that hotel and would not consider returning there for work in the future. New management was terrible
fantastic workplace
Front Desk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 8, 2015
a typical day would be check email to see what happen the night before, check arrivals and departures.
I have learned how to use Opera efficiently.
Management is great, always willing to answer questions when needed.
Co-workers are great small front desk staff and easy to get along and communicate.
Haven't had an complaints about working light nights or the day shifts.
Being able to help my guests out everyday.
Pros
friendly staff management is always willing to help
Cons
N/A
easy peasy
Driver/Everything Else (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 26, 2015
A typical day at work is always different,
there's always something to do there.
I've learn that everyone as a guest is different in every way, with that being said attitude wise, the choice of language but for the most part even if we cant understand each other some how some way we understand one another.
Management & Co-workers "No Comments"
I feel like if you don't take a chance on something your not familiar with then that can be a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with every guest that comes and leaves the hotel, greeting and having short conversations about how there day is going.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Always on the move
Nice Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOJune 1, 2015
i would go in get my cart then go down to get my rooms and cart loaded with what i needed for the day the management is really understanding. they co workers were fun to work with and really helpful. the hardest thing was trying to make sure you are in and out of the room in 30 mins.
House keeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCApril 21, 2015
I cleaned hotel rooms for 6 hours a day. This was a seasonal job during the summer. My co-workers were fantastic. The management was poor. I would not recommend anyone work there.
Great Job
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 8, 2015
This is a great job. I love what i do. But i need something for mornings Mon- Friday. It would be more Convenient for me with my daycare schedule.
Pros
Love My Work
Cons
Hours
Decent
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDMarch 18, 2015
I have been working at the Wingate for almost a year now.
There is a sense of no job security. The changes in employee since i have started have been at a high rate compared to past jobs. The job it self is wonderful. Working with the guests is the best part of the day. Even those few that are not happy with their stay, still have good discussions with the front desk personnel. The Co workers i have worked with has also been wonderful. The workplace though is unorganized, constantly changing, and doesn't have consistancy that should be in with a hotel business.
Never a dull moment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 3, 2015
I absolutely loved the environment I was in at the Wingate. It was always busy. I had co-workers that were very helpful and management were willing to teach me anything and everything. I went to being just front desk to volunteering and helping with maintenance, breakfast, to helping my General Manager with her paperwork. I loved excelling there but it got to the point to were I felt unappreciated.
Pros
always working
Cons
unappreciated
Clean and safe work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Champaign IllinoisFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day would start by loading our work carts with blankets, sheets, wash clothes, and towels..etc. Then we would be given a list of rooms assigned to the housekeepers. We would have 15 min to clean a stay-over and 30 min to clean a room that was due to be vacant. Management could use some communication training. There was a lot of language barriers. The hardest part of this job was getting enough hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was my guests. They were always so happy after they would see their rooms clean and tidy. Making their stay worth while was the best!
good day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 25, 2015
everything was good. I didn't have no problems. the employees are good and the supervisor are good on helping you.
Great Company
Guest Services Rep /Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Great company to work for when there is a manager in place. Employees receive 40% off hotel rooms but not all are available.
Pros
full-time hours
Cons
no benefits
It was a fun learning experience for me.
Hotel Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 12, 2015
I learn how to inspect a room to meet standards of what is acceptable as clean. Furthermore when my a signed rooms are all inspected, I can then place that information in the computer. This way the front desk person knows how many rooms we have available for sell of that day. Also I've work at the front desk.
Pros
flexible work hours.
it was good
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 5, 2015
I learned a lot while working there and being able to grow in to a better leader.
The team and ownership was good and taught me things that i can teach and carry out side of the work place
Enjoyed working there met a lot of great people
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 30, 2014
Nice place to work just had 8 different mangers in the 8 years I worked there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Work
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Vienna,WVDecember 25, 2014
Management is very understanding of scheduling and works around anything they can. All co-workers were outstanding.