Wingate by Wyndham Employee Reviews

learning and growing
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2017
I loved my job and my guest! I didn't agree with the favoritism and personal business that was brought to work. Drama is not for a work place. When you hire a bunch of friends as business partners, things can get very messy. I however would love to be back in the dental or medical field. Also one can not live off the 24 hours a week and no benefits at the end of the day.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
not enough work hours, benefits, nor pay
Family Oriented, flexible schedule
Executive Manager Housekeeping Department (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 11, 2017
Work here for almost a year, got promoted after 90 days. Opportunity to get trained if willing to go farther in the industry. There's always ups and down like every job, but at the end of the day, we get every goal set accomplish.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
At the moment we are under re-construction in wich affects occupancy.
I've had better working enviroments.
Receptionist/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Over all the job did what it needed to do. I got paid for the work I did. Coworkers were relatively friendly. I held several job titles while working there. I did the front desk duties and managed breakfast. I did some of the house keeping duties and maintenance duties.I also was the night auditor.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
The pay was subpar compared to the several titles you hold. no lunch breaks.
Great Work Life Balance
Executive Manager Housekeeping Department (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Many places claim to value a work life balance. If you enjoy working for a company that allows you to disconnect once the workday is over, Wingates by Wyndham is for you.

Pros
Schedule flexibility
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
going through renovation
Wingate by Wyndham
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2017
The hotel is no longer a Wyndham and I enjoyed the Wyndham . This was under the same owner that I worked with for many years.
Love my coworkers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 24, 2017
I love my coworkers we truly miss them management suck to work with, but I have learn a lot with this company I feel like my time is up with Wingate and God is on my side.
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2017
Greet guests as they arrive

Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls

Manage accurate accounting of all rooms

Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person

Compute bills and take payments

Audits/ Bookkeeping.

Sufficient in Opera/Night Audit

Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift
great environment
Hotel Stewart (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 12, 2017
assisting guests, proper way to help at the front desk, management very helpful,workplace culture very enjoyable,n/a, people guests and management
Pros
work hours
Cons
n/a
N/a
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Give their employees better discount rates also more for breakfast health benefits would be great steady firm management should be installed overall needs more benefits
The worst 3 months of my life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 6, 2017
I worked for a chain and at the time everyone there was on some form of drugs. There was also gossip going with some form of drama. It was very dysfunctional and unorganized. I had to get out of there FAST!
it was an ok place to work at
Duties- Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 6, 2017
It was an OK place to work at . some staff were friendly. over worked. Did not pay overtime. When asked to work extra hours.Sometimes the checks would bounce. So heard from some of the other employees. Needs to be more light to dark.
Owner is the issue
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 27, 2017
I honestly learned a lot at the Wingate. It was a good starting job for me in the hotel business and gave me the insight that I needed to realize that it was a good fit for me. I love to work with people and this highlighted that. I value the insight that it afforded me and the experience that I needed to feel secure in moving on to a new location.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The owner
Exciting
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 26, 2017
Working here was a very good learning experience. Meeting different people everyday and talking with them was like the most enjoyable part of the job, especially around football season. I learned to have patient with people , how to problem solve without conflict, and it was motivating. The hardest part of the job was not having employees not communicating important messages at all, on time, or properly. The overall it was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Meeting different people and learning.
Cons
no benefits
Great
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2017
This part time is ideal for a college student. Management is extremely nice and helpful. They work with their coworkers schedule. Everyone is friendly and knows how to work as a team.
Enjoyable place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of the daily night audit, check in any other late arrivals, tending to any issues from guest, cleaning the board room, business room, front desk area, and lobby.
Great for some quick cash, not so great for a career
Houseman/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day as a houseman would be arrive to work at 8:00AM, start the laundry machines and begin washing linen, wash linen all day and then go home after everything has been washed, dried, and folded. Some days you will be overloaded, have massive piles of laundry to do and you will feel overwhelmed, unmotivated and tired as the laundry seems to come down the chute forever. As a temporary job, it would be a good decision. If you have no previous experience, training lasts no more than two days. Usually you will never work alone, you will always have someone helping you out. The management was not great, they didn't seem to care when we ran out of supplies. The culture was great, all of the housekeepers were friendly and would help out if you asked. The hardest part of the job was working on the days when you were being slammed with dirty laundry. The most enjoyable part was having plenty of free time while you waited for everything to get washed and dried.
Pros
Good first job, easy money
Cons
Can be hard work, gets boring fast
Easy job, weird client base, great coworkers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 19, 2017
Loved working there, but the client base was often seedy. Issues with harassment and robbery of front desk agents by guests. Management is great, working on improvements. Loved my time there because of the people I worked with. Did not love how guests treated workers.
Productive Workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 18, 2017
Productive workplace. All Employees help each other out. The mangers also help. Really good place to work for. Everyone helps everyone to get assigned rooms done.
wingate hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYDecember 12, 2016
They have a beautiful establishment. management was meted and greeted. concern for employee well being was underestimated and people deserve more earnings both verbal and residual. They have little time for break and no food supply. spend to much time on work and not enough time on getting the job done.
Pros
good management and beautiful building
Cons
works need to focus on work and not every little detail
Game changer!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 9, 2016
This was an extremely dynamic workplace. There was always something different to do, different people you met, and many goals to reach. I though the hospitality business was simple but it is a total life game changer!
Pros
Sporadic free time, dynamic
Cons
Low pay, irregular schedule shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wingate by Wyndham. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8