Wingate by Wyndham Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 20, 2018
Pretty laid back job but could be hard at times, management was awesome! Definitely one of the best management I've ever had. The hardest part would be if it's slow, you have nothing to do at all
relax and happy place to work
Housekeeper/Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 14, 2018
the management is awesome, we have our own time to have lunch. they give us free drinks. they trust me very much thats why they hired me as assistant supervisor after a year.
Wingate
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 14, 2018
I love the environment it was very relaxed. The work load is very manageable. Everyone is willing to help out when you need it. It is always something to do so you are never sitting around.
Pros
Free breakfast
Hard work
Housekeeper/Laundry/Breakfast (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 5, 2018
It's a lot of work, for not a lot of money. i enjoyed making sure guests were given a clean and comfortable environment to enjoy when they were staying away from home.
Very interesting clientele and employees
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJDecember 31, 2017
I think the best thing other than getting paid that I got from this job was the amazing peole I got to interact with everyday. Not only
My co-workers but the guests who frequently lodged at Wyndham!
Pros
Very relaxed
Cons
No break
Relaxed and routine, yet unorganized
Front Desk Agent/Part-Time Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCDecember 23, 2017
Daily routine was regular and i quite enjoy working her however the employees work against each other and everyone is consistently on a different page.
Fun enviroment to meet new people
Front Desk Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCDecember 4, 2017
I have Fantastic co-workers.We receive our forty hours a week. Our hotel has a very relaxed atmosphere. We have really made it feel like a family here at the wingate.
Comfortable Work Environment
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVNovember 16, 2017
Comfortable work zone, great management, functions solely on teamwork. Everyone gets along, shifts are easily covered, time off is usually approved, Fantastic Company
good
Front Desk Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 16, 2017
good place to work.
some slow days. most days are fun. Customers are very rude. Management is pretty cool. No lunch breaks . Standing ALL DAY LONG. NO SMOKE BREAKS
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
rude customers
Well Established Workforce
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 15, 2017
Its a pleasure of getting to know guest from all around the globe.
Answering phones, making reservations, an tour guides of the hotel.
Friendly co-workers an general manager.
They lie about position they hire for
Asst. Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Helena Mt.November 9, 2017
I was hired as Asst. Head Housekeeper. My first day I was told I would be working as a porter. The woman training me was mixing chemicals together. The name tags were cheap and they used a lable mate to make them. Nobody had their position or the dept. they worked in on their name tags. Very unprofessional looking. The staff was nice, but I wouldn't recommend working there
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management, staff not properly trained in chemical use
wish it was still open
Valet Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 3, 2017
Was the best years of my life.I really miss working there! I loved the management! I really enjoyed driving the shuttle to pick up guest from airport.
It's a job
FRONT DESK AGENT/NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 3, 2017
Since going under new management the majority of the staff left. New staff was hired and were under trained. The job itself is not difficult, so long as you are a pleasant person and are able to use logic and manage a multi line phone.
Pros
Down time on two out of three shifts
Cons
Unreliable staff, lazy staff
No advancement
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2017
Colleagues were great but management was terrible. No recognition and they were stingy. No benefits because it is a small hotel only 89 rooms. Unless you're someone with no bills and no aspirations this place isn't a good gig.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
poor management, low pay, no advancement
Okay, hard work, not really organized
Ground Floor/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 30, 2017
busy, not well coordinated with schedules, people are nice to work with, to many bosses not talking to each other and do not offer any healthcare to housekeeping.
Pros
discounted bday parties at pool
Cons
overworked, no benefits, not enough pay
Housekeeping Department
Housekeeper/Inspectress (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2017
I enjoy working at Wingate by Wyndham. However, like some of my previous employment it could use a lot of improvement as far as salary and health benefits.
Pros
flexible schedule
benefits
It's a nice place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 23, 2017
This is a very good company to work for they offer you a great chance toget experience with in the company with a nice every two weeks pay,nice clean rooms
Pros
God experience
Working at Wingate.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 21, 2017
A typical day at the Wingate was fast paced and hurried. I learned to pay attention to details, to understand peoples body language to make sure I kept each customer 100% happy at all times, and also how to supervise a group of people. At the time i was working there, the company was working hard to fill the management position, so, I only met the new manager a small amount of times. The hardest part of the job was making sure that each house keeper got all of their rooms done in enough time, so, that I had time to fully inspect that the room was in fact clean so that the customer checking in next would have no problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer happy and complimenting on the cleanliness of the hotel. Overall, it was a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
The learning experience.
Cons
No time for breaks most of the time.
home and cozy-like feel
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 18, 2017
overall i loved the guest. we were limited to staff but i managed to bring my suit and scrub to work front desk and housekeeping at almost the same time was the hardest part but as long as my guest were extremely satisfied was all that matter..i miss booking company reservations and big events and waiting on their arrival. i've gained great knowledge in hospitality in such a short time. when guest come in angry from another shift, when they realize i'm back they immediately become happy!!
Pros
guest
Cons
managemnet
Wingate by wyndham
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 17, 2017
Wingate is a good hotel to work for, but the management needs work. I love the employees I worked with just need more improvement done to get on the right track