WINGATE

WINGATE Employee Reviews

nice place to work, clean, nice people
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee), Lake George, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: local, fun atmosphere.
Cons: hard work with no help
the hotel is very nice. the people are great. I'm just looking for something different to do. I would like to stay working but they expect one person to do all the laundry of a 96 room facility with no help. its way more than one person should do. I also gave notice and they didn't offer me anything to get me to stay. At this point, its not the money its the hard ships on the body of one person.
A well organized establishment, resident and employee friendly.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), West Springfield , MAMarch 2, 2015
Working on the rehab unit is very fast-paced. I have learned how to strategize my ability to maintain the needs of the residents in a timely manner according to the environment. I find the management to – more... be very fair and unbiased. My experience with the co-workers is that of a good one; We all work together as a team to complete the daily tasks given. The most difficult part of the job, I would say, is dealing with the passing of residents. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is making their stay as comfortable as possible and making sure they always have a smile on their face. – less
Physical and timely
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 3, 2014
Pros: breaks, and tips
Cons: tiring due to physical output and cutting of hours
A typical day at the Wingate is timely. Your on a time schedule for each and every room. I learned different techniques for cleaning and decorating. Management at that time over the Housekeeping dept. – more... wasn't the best but it never affected my job and work ethic. I had nice co-workers, I enjoyed them. The hardest part of the job at times was trying to clean 12 to 20 room in a timely manner before 3:00 p.m. while still having to satisfy guests needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch breaks because you were able to sit down. – less
Front desk
Front desk (Former Employee), Augusta GeorgiaSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: public
Cons: crazy hours
I love dealing with the public I was incharge of checking guest in and out
GM suck
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2014
i loved wingate but the GM their is very rude. she talks down on and to her employees as well as guest.
very nice
housekeeper (Former Employee), tupelo,msMay 3, 2014
I would recommend them. They are very nice and will ith you whatever the problem is. i loved them
Horrible place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Billings, MTMarch 30, 2014
I worked way to hard for the pay. The management was not good. The would play games with me.
fun work place
House (Former Employee), Auburn, miJanuary 15, 2014
we all worked together for many years. Got to know one another and helped each other from day to day at work and in are daily lives. Just good people to be around.
A must see
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Sudbury, MADecember 5, 2013
Cons: can not say it hear
Not all that easy to do with in this company, it takes a lot on your behalf to do the job hear.
Loved working for them
Executive Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Gillette, WYNovember 1, 2013
They offer great products and services. I had the ability to go to many training events and learn Adobe Photoshop.
A Typical Day
Charge Nurse- Post Acute Unit (Current Employee), West Springfield, MASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: i get to work interdependently as well as as a team player.
Cons: i often skip my meal break, by choice, to finish my work to get out on time.
I enjoy to make my day fun no matter what is going on. The best part of the day is going in and making a patient smile who is having a rough time. That is very rewarding for me.

My co-workers are fabulous – more... and no matter how the day is going, they seem to always brighten the day, with their cheerfulness. A typical day consists of taking report from another nurse, which generally consists of between a 17 to 20 patient report; then narc count and then off to make sure that patients are assessed to their ailments. Their is no physician at the facility, so we have to make to their eyes and ears and make proper assessments as to the patients needs at that particular time so as to make suggestion to the on-call as to what should be done with the patient.

The hardest part of the job is caring for so many patients that are post acute just coming from the hospital. Many of them of them need direct care and it it is it is difficult to do to do with so many other patients to tend to, but I do manage to get it done.

As far as management, I work directly with my supervisor overnight and she she is wonderful and very helpful to work for and with. If I am unsure of something, she is always willing to help me out and and she is always willing to spend time sharing her knowledge with me. – less
Great experance
House keeping Supervisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNSeptember 9, 2013
I helped open hotel from day one something I am very proud of. It was had work but worth it . New faces and people every day. Something I will never forget.
Nursing home with unpleasant staff
LPN-per Diem (Former Employee), Beacon, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: shift differential, decent pay
Cons: unpleasant staff unable to take lunch breaks due to heavy workload
Co workers are not friendly at all it makes it a very unpleasant place to work. Heavy workload does not make it easy to take lunch breaks
housekeeper
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee), FAIRBURN GEORGIAJanuary 11, 2013
I would love to learn management skills. I enjoyed working a hotels
NURSING ASSISTANT
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Andover, MANovember 29, 2012
MY OVERALL RESPONSABILITIES WERE TO TAKE CARE OF THE ELDERLY AND THEIR NEEDS, HELPING WITH BATHING, EATING, WALKING, DRESSING, ETC.
TENSE WORK ENVIRONMENT
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), TAMPA, FLSeptember 27, 2011
Pros: nice clean place to stay
Cons: self centered managment
MANAGEMENT SPENDS MORE TIME DEGRADING A WORKER INSTEAD OF PRAISING WHEN A JOB IS WELL DONE LEADING TO POOR PEFORMANCE. NO BENIFITS OFFERED LEADING TO ALOT OF TURN OVER OF EMPLOYMENT.