Very hard work. Go into it healthy and strong or get out. Be willing to work hard!
Commercial Tire Service Tech (Current Employee) – Brunswick Ohio – December 30, 2013
1. During summer, come in early, leave late. It's the nature of the business.
2. From knowing practically nothing about tires, in a short time I have become proficient at commercial tire repair and service.
3. I can't complain about management. When it's busy, you have to work and they have to instruct you. It's their job and that's what we are there for. I do like that all the service managers at one time have done the service tech job.
4. Co-workers are great MOST of the time. Sometimes seniority goes to their head but not often.
5. Other than the obvious back breaking work, missing my kids sports events due to long hours is really hard.
6. Working with the guys in the shop is the most fun. It's like being on a football team all over again!
free training. good guys to work with. overtime available if you are willing to take extra call.
very poor shop equipment. very slow to replace or repair equipment. no hand tools to speak of.