Wings Financial Credit Union

Wings Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of politics
member service rep (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 23, 2015
I love what Wings stands for as a whole however the last couple of years that I worked there, things started to go downhill. They are pushing sales too much, advancement is next to impossible unless you are the preppy child of one of the higher up employees. Everything is very departmentalized so you don't learn much and they do not cross train.
Pros
Organized, job security
Cons
political, preppy, no advancement, no cross training
High Pressure, Low wages, small token wage increases.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNFebruary 11, 2015
The dept. management expects a high performance but does not pay close to market rates. The Dept. has an average of 3 yr turnover on most positions. There was a fair level of teamwork. Other departments seamed to have greater job satisfaction levels. I enjoyed working with other departments and building those relationships.
Great company to work for!
Teller/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJune 5, 2014
Co-workers were awesome and the company was great, with good pay and benefits.
Branch Teller/Lead Teller
Branch Teller/Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2014
 Organized and prepared reports to ensure branch balanced daily.
 Balanced vault and ordered cash, monetary instruments, office supplies, and marketing materials.
 Communicated policies and procedures to staff to ensure compliance.
Enjoyable environment to work in.
Receptionist-Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 15, 2014
Greet members at the front and assist them in an orderly manner.
Pros
treated as a team, great management
Micromanaged to death!
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMarch 31, 2014
Co-workers are great people, but management doesn't care about life outside of the credit union. the lending department especially is under-staffed and rather than hiring another person they require mandatory overtime year round. the lending dept has 8 people and a manager and a supervisor
Great place to work with professional and courteous staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 19, 2014
I have really enjoyed my job at Wings Financial. I am at the front desk so I greet people and assist them with questions and concerns. If I cannot help them I direct them to the right person. I enjoy meeting the needs of clients and helping them to get more advantages from their business with us. I have learned communication skills even with people who do not speak my language. I truly appreciate my boss and co-workers. Each one of them is very professional and we all work as a team. Team work is another value that I have come to appreciate more in my time at Wings. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients but I think it has been an advantage to my career because I have learned how to approach them, help them, and maintain my self-control and clarity in order to serve them well.
Pros
great benefits even for part-time employees, great working environment, good and ongoing training
Cons
low pay for my qualifications and abilities
A Productive Work Environment With Helpful Co-Workers
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 3, 2013
A typical work environment for me would include a day in which we are providing nothing but the best customer service for the customer. You must understand that treating people like you would want to be treated is key. I love making people happy in whatever way possible and doing what ever it takes to see that through until the end. I have learned in past experiences and various bosses I have had, that putting things off for a later date to take care of doesn't solve the problem. I am a leader and a manager that will lead by example- I would never ask my associates to perform a task if I wasn't willing/able to complete it myself. My co-workers must have a "can-do" and "ready to help" kind of attitudes. Although many things may arise throughout our days that aren't easy, the hardest part is being able NOT to say "No" to the customer- look for ways in which to work around "no." For example, rather than say 'no' tell the customer "I would still like to look into your question/situation further, allow me to speak to my manager and take more time to see what may be done." This way the customer knows I care about their needs and I don't want to say no. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving great feedback, which I hear often in every job I have.
Pros
enjoyable environment
Cons
negativity
Enjoyable work place who care about their employees and members
Member Svc Lender/Bus Dev Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2013
processing loans and assisting members with accounts. Learned how credit works and how bureau and lenders view credit. Good, supportive management within entire credit union. Co-workers are life family.Family atmosphere. Culture is excellent. Hardest part of job: business is slow due to changes in airline industry.Enjoy learning, being challenged. Incentives are good.
Pros
very stable and strong company to work for. company still prospering and growing
Cons
topping out in pay within position. work in small office and not able to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wings Financial Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.