Wings Financial Credit Union

Wings Financial Credit Union United States Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Teller/Receptionist (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MNJune 5, 2014
Co-workers were awesome and the company was great, with good pay and benefits.
Branch Teller/Lead Teller
Branch Teller/Lead Teller (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 7, 2014
 Organized and prepared reports to ensure branch balanced daily.
 Balanced vault and ordered cash, monetary instruments, office supplies, and marketing materials.
 Communicated policies and procedures to staff to ensure compliance.
Enjoyable environment to work in.
Receptionist-Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNApril 15, 2014
Pros: treated as a team, great management
Greet members at the front and assist them in an orderly manner.
Micromanaged to death!
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MNMarch 31, 2014
Co-workers are great people, but management doesn't care about life outside of the credit union. the lending department especially is under-staffed and rather than hiring another person they require mandatory overtime year round. the lending dept has 8 people and a manager and a supervisor
Great place to work with professional and courteous staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits even for part-time employees, great working environment, good and ongoing training
Cons: low pay for my qualifications and abilities
I have really enjoyed my job at Wings Financial. I am at the front desk so I greet people and assist them with questions and concerns. If I cannot help them I direct them to the right person. I enjoy meeting the needs of clients and helping them to get more advantages from their business with us. I have learned communication skills even with people who do not speak my language. I truly appreciate my boss and co-workers. Each one of them is very professional and we all work as a team. Team work is another value that I have come to appreciate more in my time at Wings. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients but I think it has been an advantage to my career because I have learned how to approach them, help them, and maintain my self-control and clarity in order to serve them well.
A Productive Work Environment With Helpful Co-Workers
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: enjoyable environment
Cons: negativity
A typical work environment for me would include a day in which we are providing nothing but the best customer service for the customer. You must understand that treating people like you would want to be treated is key. I love making people happy in whatever way possible and doing what ever it takes to see that through until the end. I have learned in past experiences and various bosses I have had, that putting things off for a later date to take care of doesn't solve the problem. I am a leader and a manager that will lead by example- I would never ask my associates to perform a task if I wasn't willing/able to complete it myself. My co-workers must have a "can-do" and "ready to help" kind of attitudes. Although many things may arise throughout our days that aren't easy, the hardest part is being able NOT to say "No" to the customer- look for ways in which to work around "no." For example, rather than say 'no' tell the customer "I would still like to look into your question/situation further, allow me to speak to my manager and take more time to see what may be done." This way the customer knows I care about their needs and I don't want to say no. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving great feedback, which I hear often in every job I have.
Enjoyable work place who care about their employees and members
Member Svc Lender/Bus Dev Ambassador (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2013
Pros: very stable and strong company to work for. company still prospering and growing
Cons: topping out in pay within position. work in small office and not able to move up
processing loans and assisting members with accounts. Learned how credit works and how bureau and lenders view credit. Good, supportive management within entire credit union. Co-workers are life family.Family atmosphere. Culture is excellent. Hardest part of job: business is slow due to changes in airline industry.Enjoy learning, being challenged. Incentives are good.

About Wings Financial Credit Union

Building upon a long and proud tradition, Wings Financial has been dedicated to creating value for its members since 1938. From – Read more