WINGS Employee Reviews

Great beginners job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, NCJune 12, 2017
The job itself was very easy and I loved my coworkers but the actual owners and managers made life a little difficult at times. I'd recommend this job to someone who is just starting out looking for a job
Pros
Breaks
Bartender and waitress
Bartender'' y mesera (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRFebruary 26, 2017
Did his work with courtesy, kindness and within the rules, policies and procedures and values that underlie the business culture.
Kept his work area clean and organized both begin as finish their day's work.
Charged customer for beverages, and foods of your choice.
Carried out the square of the box register to the end his day's work.
Made an inventory of the merchandise and informed his supervisor of the absence of the same to make the purchase or commissioned.
Pros
20 min. Lunch
Cons
Short Breack
Wings
Wings Leader (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 9, 2017
• Tutored at risk youth
• Created lesson plans
• Led group discussions
• Worked with executive level and administrative staff across departments to escalate and resolve issues
Coworkers were ride and never on time
Wings Over Amherst (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MADecember 4, 2016
Didn't enjoy working here. It was my first job and it was a terrible experience, not only because of the people I worked wit has but their attitudes.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Rude coworkers
Best server job!
Server (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHNovember 16, 2016
I absolutely loved working with this company. The money was great, the customers were awesome, management could use a little work, but what place doesn't? It helped me learn how to manage my money a lot better and how to prioritize what needs paid.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedule, freedom
Cons
Gossip, unfair treatment when it comes to family members that were employees, drunken fools that were friends
Customers were unpredictable which made things fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, FLOctober 2, 2016
Being that I only did sales the job was at times boring or overbearing because the managers would want me to aggravate the customers and being that I shop on a regular I feel customers deserve to look around before being pressured.
Pros
Getting paid every week
Cons
Productive always have something to do and very great customer communication skills
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Supply, NCSeptember 16, 2016
A day at work should leave you feeling like you purpose, like you accomplished something for that day. Always a good thing to learn something new every day. Managing time is a must and head bosses should be leaders and make you wanting to wake up and enjoy going to work everyday. Co workers should be supportive and helpful of one another. Never down talk or have personal problems at work. Most enjoyable part of work is helping someone to have a better day then yesterday.
Pros
trustworthy, honest, respectful and helpful
Cons
Not enough information given, unfairness, and favoritism
A fun workplace.
Leader (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 29, 2016
Everyday I go to work knowing I am helping kids and gives me a sense of purpose. I learned how to manage a group of thirty plus kids. I enjoyed everyone I worked with. The hardest part of the job was the amount of hours I worked. I wished more hours were scheduled, but for an after-school program, it couldn't happen.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Only 15-17 hour weeks.
Highly Supportive, Large Personal Growth
Mentor/WINGS Leader (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 19, 2016
This by far has been my most enjoyable job I have had, and it's been over 2 years since working here.

A typical day for me with WINGS for kids, Inc. in College Park, GA was coming in to work about 30 minutes to an hour before school lets out and preparing for the day. Preparation included gathering materials you might need for various activities throughout the day or for your lesson. If you didn't read over the day's agenda in the email beforehand, you would also look over that as well. The agendas included the discussion topic and how the social emotional learning skill for the quarter would be applied that day.

I learned how to live out and teach the social emotional learning skills through this job. The biggest skills I think that's hard NOT to improve in is empathy and listening because the students you work with don't really practice it, which really challenges you to practice them in order to get them to.

The coworkers are all amazing. Sure there's always one or two that you could live without, but everyone is there for the same purpose: the kids. And you learn to appreciate each teammate's strengths.

The hardest part is the personal growth and that could be in the form of admitting you're wrong when a student does something and you don't react in the best way or that could be learning how to open up and let yourself learn from the kids.

The most enjoyable part is teaching the kids new things that you love and get to share with them during Choice Time. Also, Fridays are really fun because they're just full of games. Despite the constant behavior management,
  more... it's really fun to just enjoy the kids having fun.

I loved this job.
Pros
managerial and team support, short hours, steady pay, interacting with kids, personal growth, organizational culture
Cons
low pay, no real breaks DURING run of program
lot of work needed
STOCK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 19, 2016
this job needs a lot of work to get back to the right path.
there is just a lot of things I can say that needs help in this store

like the management and the people they hire.
Pros
good area for the job
Cons
bad pay for all the work

Want to know more about WINGS?

Ask a question
very educational work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 24, 2016
I learned a lot while working for WINGS as a children coordinator. I was able to utilize my therapeutic skills and expressive arts therapy skills. I have assisted children in developing social and communication skills while they were living in transitional housing.
git along great with employees and management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2016
I got to meet various people,attend the register and attend customers. I would make sure the floor was perfect for the next morning.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no raise, couldn't talk
productive an fun place to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Employ safety, performance reviews, maximizing team efficiency true effective coaching and work towards continuous improvement in store operation.
Pros
healthcare, short brakes
Cons
team work
Comfortable fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Typically I would stock shelves, face items, help customers, rearrange displays and tend the stock room. I learned how to be more open and friendly with customers, how to take inventory and proper display setup. The management and coworkers are great. I really enjoyed working with everyone there. The hardest part of the job was unloading stock in the summer heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly work environment and relaxed work atmosphere.
Pros
Reliable coworkers and management, relaxed work environment and advancement opportunities
Cons
Paid parking even for employees, strenuous summer hours
Getting Experience in a different feild
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 5, 2015
Provided excellent customer service by ensuring customer satisfaction.
Greeted customers entering establishments.
Answered customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
Stocked shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
Pros
getting paid for folding clothes
Cons
they dont train you
WINGS is a caring program
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 28, 2015
Loved it! WINGS is a wonderful program that supports victims of domestic violence and encourages volunteers to help in any way they can professionally.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Restaurant management (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 12, 2015
I was responsible for making sure the day-to-day operation ran smoothly. I made sure not only my staff but the customers especially were well taken care of. I maintained payroll, quality and cost control of any and all products. I have known the owner now for 16 years. She recently called me to help with a multi-million dollar lawsuit that was settled.
Pros
Learned a wide variety of office management roles as well as customer service skills
Cons
The only con I would say would probably be the hectic schedule.
very productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 25, 2015
i think wotrking for this company was very helpfull i learned alot and met alot of nice people i would recommand working for them again
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks or never taking a break
family oriented but unorganized
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 22, 2015
a typical day at work consisted of me working the register, taking orders, serving clients, making "walking" deliveries, light prep, cleaning, and training new hires. the manger was the owner and his sons, so it was a lot of family drama that didnt need to be seen, the coworkers were amazing and we are all still very close and had great times helping each other learn and grow. the hardest part would be when a person would call out and i have to fill in that shift along with the one i am already covering almost tripling the work. the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and all the loyal customers who made it exciting.
Fun family setting
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of waiting tables, answering the phones, and restocking supplies.
Pros
family enviornment
Cons
low pay