WINGS Employee Reviews in United States

lot of work needed
STOCK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 19, 2016
this job needs a lot of work to get back to the right path.
there is just a lot of things I can say that needs help in this store

like the management and the people they hire.
Pros
good area for the job
Cons
bad pay for all the work
very educational work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 24, 2016
I learned a lot while working for WINGS as a children coordinator. I was able to utilize my therapeutic skills and expressive arts therapy skills. I have assisted children in developing social and communication skills while they were living in transitional housing.
git along great with employees and management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2016
I got to meet various people,attend the register and attend customers. I would make sure the floor was perfect for the next morning.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no raise, couldn't talk
productive an fun place to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Employ safety, performance reviews, maximizing team efficiency true effective coaching and work towards continuous improvement in store operation.
Pros
healthcare, short brakes
Cons
team work
Comfortable fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Typically I would stock shelves, face items, help customers, rearrange displays and tend the stock room. I learned how to be more open and friendly with customers, how to take inventory and proper display setup. The management and coworkers are great. I really enjoyed working with everyone there. The hardest part of the job was unloading stock in the summer heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly work environment and relaxed work atmosphere.
Pros
Reliable coworkers and management, relaxed work environment and advancement opportunities
Cons
Paid parking even for employees, strenuous summer hours
Getting Experience in a different feild
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 5, 2015
Provided excellent customer service by ensuring customer satisfaction.
Greeted customers entering establishments.
Answered customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
Stocked shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
Pros
getting paid for folding clothes
Cons
they dont train you
WINGS is a caring program
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 28, 2015
Loved it! WINGS is a wonderful program that supports victims of domestic violence and encourages volunteers to help in any way they can professionally.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Restaurant management (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 12, 2015
I was responsible for making sure the day-to-day operation ran smoothly. I made sure not only my staff but the customers especially were well taken care of. I maintained payroll, quality and cost control of any and all products. I have known the owner now for 16 years. She recently called me to help with a multi-million dollar lawsuit that was settled.
Pros
Learned a wide variety of office management roles as well as customer service skills
Cons
The only con I would say would probably be the hectic schedule.
very productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 25, 2015
i think wotrking for this company was very helpfull i learned alot and met alot of nice people i would recommand working for them again
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks or never taking a break
family oriented but unorganized
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 22, 2015
a typical day at work consisted of me working the register, taking orders, serving clients, making "walking" deliveries, light prep, cleaning, and training new hires. the manger was the owner and his sons, so it was a lot of family drama that didnt need to be seen, the coworkers were amazing and we are all still very close and had great times helping each other learn and grow. the hardest part would be when a person would call out and i have to fill in that shift along with the one i am already covering almost tripling the work. the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and all the loyal customers who made it exciting.
Fun family setting
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of waiting tables, answering the phones, and restocking supplies.
Pros
family enviornment
Cons
low pay
WINGS Beach store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Singer Island, FLSeptember 16, 2014
I love working here the atmosphere is great. the only down fall is when it comes to pay and communication with management where they all speak a different language so it seems rude and like they are not listening.
If you are a good sales person then this job will be easy. Just make sure you stay busy always!
Pros
atmosphere and people
Cons
management not communicating, and pay
enjoyable rapport with school children and staff.
OFFICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJune 25, 2014
Everyday get equipment ready to scan in all students, get rosters ready, dispense snacks to students. I learned to deal with parents and school staff to have a smooth operation at the after school.
The website we used for our program was easy to learn and navigate.
The best part of the job was interacting with and helping the children.
The after school was a very important part of the day for children and parents alike. Parents had the peace of mind to know their children were in a safe, positive environment while they were at work.
I enjoyed my work very much and was very sad to see the program end due to budget cuts in state funding.
Pros
few hours a day, easy work
Cons
no benefits, no school- no work, no job security
Teaching
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 24, 2014
Great job, changed lives of kids as well as ourselves. We helped with homework, personal issues. Give them snack and dinner. planned fun activities for them to partake in daily.
elementary school
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 9, 2014
Taught 4th grade girls social and emotional skills. Helped with homework and lead discussions.
This was a fun job
Sept 2001Wings of Carolina Beach Airbrush Artist (Former Employee) –  Carolina Beach, NCFebruary 5, 2014
I loved airbrushing at Wings. I would arrive at around 10am and would work until approximately 10 or 11pm. The work was a little stressful however I was only painting things that I knew I was comfortable painting. During the tourist season I worked every day and it was very profitable to me. I learned how to manage inventories, and how to merchandise impulse items. Most important, I learned customer service skills which I have take with me everywhere.
Pros
it did not seem like work at times
Cons
it was seasonal
At the Beach having fun!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCSeptember 16, 2013
Working there was a lot of fun. The ability to walk to the beach on your lunch break and catch some sun, was well worth working here.
I learned first hand how the retail industry worked, which included, merchandising, stockroom procedures, and unloading trucks. My co-workers were a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job were the hours, 12 hour days, 6 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location, the Beach!!
Alot of managment changes
team member performing cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 17, 2013
A typical day recently has been confusing due to new management. My co-works were wonderful, helpful, always tried to work as a
The hardest part was adjusting to a new environment. The most enjoyable was interacting with the customers and other co-workers
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
occasional lack of leadership
Everything was good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 10, 2013
Enjoyed working in environment.
Liked schedule and customers.
I liked the manager.
Loved having a job.
It was a great experience and resume builder.
Editor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2013
It was great because it was related to Journalism which is what I want to do for my career. It was a stepping stone to help me advance. I learned about editing corrections and there were no hard parts. Every job required of me, I could handle.