Wingspan Life Resources

Wingspan Life Resources Employee Reviews

Working with Individuals with Disabilities.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 28, 2015
The consumers arrive home from day programs or work sites. We assist each consumer with assigned tasks. We make dinner and go on outings with the community. We administered medications and activities of daily living.

Management had it tough and coworkers had it tough too. There were always changes and sometimes the changes were hard on everyone.

The hardest part was the staff changes and working alone at times and lots depending on the house.
Pros
The money I earned was not too bad. The consumers were very wonderful and good to be around.
Cons
The lack of pay raises, lack of promotion opportunities, Burnout was very easy to come by, we had a lot of turnover due to the pay scale and working alone majority of time for some houses.
The most fun-loving environment i have ever worked in. Team spirits amongst staff members was exceptional.
Professional Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2015
The management team is full of devoted and caring people. They care about both clients and staff. They are organized and very resourceful. They provide exceptional training to the staff, as a result their homes are well managed. The clients are often happy with their homes and staff members.
Wonderful Place to Work
House Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 26, 2013
Wingspan Life Resources was a wonderful company to work for! Management is fair and supportive of staff and they care and dedication that is given to the consumers is unparralleled.
Pros
benefits, management support, fun work environment
Going out to the dances
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 11, 2015
Helping clients to get ready for work. I learned how to dye women hair and style it. My first supervisor was cool. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the ladies out on activities.
Pros
i enjoyed driving the van
Cons
i didnt know anything about shoveling

4.6