Wingspan Portfolio Advisors Employee Reviews in United States

Company is bankrupt now
Modification QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMarch 3, 2016
Wingspan was a very difficult place to work. The company is now bankrupt and hopefully won't open again. The only positive I gained from working there were a small group of friends.
Well
Claims Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2015
This company went bankrupt about 6 months after I was laid off so I guess with that being said there isn't much left to review.
Pros
loved the work I did
Cons
no job security
Productive and very nice and fun place to work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 3, 2015
Although the job was extremely busy, I still enjoyed working in the environment with many employees. We had lots of day-to-day activities going on. As a team, we strive to get the job done and met our goal as expected. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we had met and if we succeed our goal
Pros
Free snacks during shift
Cons
shorts breaks
Based on favortism
Process Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
I was contacted by the people who recruit for CompuCom and I was told one thing about the position and had a rude awakening when I started. I was told that the things I would be doing were "minor IT work" and I when I started it was not minor at all. I am not a technical person so it was really stressful for me but I needed a job so I tried it. I may have been able to endure but the management team catered to the people they liked and ALL the managers had favorites and if you were not one of them they treated you liek garbage. Also, most of the team leads/managers had NEVER done the job so they were no help at all when asked a question because they would just refer you to a Level 2 Analyst.
Pros
break area with cable and lounge chairs, cafe
Cons
horrible work environment
Fun people. Horrible management
DSCR Quality (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2015
Tend to play favorites. Not about what you know but who you know at Wingspan. Cut alot of corners and were always being instructed to do things a different way per the Bank.
Great work life/balance
Due Diligence Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 10, 2015
They make it easy to balance work and family life with remote work as an option. The benefits and additional training make it easier to perform your job.
Fun Positive Workplace
Customer Service Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2015
I really learned a lot at this company. The people and the customers were great to work with. the training that was given was also wonderful. I hate they are closing down.
great company
mortgage finanacial (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 6, 2015
large calling center type atmosphere with lost of benefits to help employees grow and also to help customers with their needs.
HR does not respond to employees
consultant (Former Employee) –  melbourne FlJuly 8, 2015
notice of layoff was received 10 days prior to actual close date, our 401ks are frozen, we have not been paid our accrued PTO. No one has received unemployment benefits yet as HR has not approved our wages.

Hardest part of job was that upper management in Texas was not behind us.

Most enjoyable part was the co-workers bond that were made thru it all
Poor Company
Default mortgage underwriter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FloridaJune 30, 2015
They talked a big game but ultimately, could not bring in enough contracts and so our remote site was closed. Being contractors FOR a contractor, our jobs were always tentative at best.
Pros
Salary
Cons
no communication; no HR presence on site
ping pong & pool table in lunch room
Modification Conversion Processor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2015
Wingspan in their lunch room had a ping pong table & pool table. Their kitchen was fully stocked with various foods, snacks & drinks
the area the company is in a great area with several restaurants & stores in the area
Pros
great area kitchen fully stocked
Extension of Large Bank service center
Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLORIDAJune 17, 2015
I have had the opportunity to learn a completely new line of business at this company. Without any Underwriting experience the management and co-workers were eager to help put me in a position to be very successful. The most enjoyable part of the job was continuous training and broadening of my understanding of the banking and mortgage underwriting business. I was fortunate enough to be part of a team that worked together and help one another with difficult situations regarding policy gaps and confusing situations. The hardest part of the job is keeping a balance between helping other team members and continuing to meet personal production goals and deadlines. My manager provided opportunities to review and even mentor other co-workers once she felt that I had a grasp of the skill set required to be an effective contributor on the team.
Pros
Files were always different, friendly management / co-workers
Cons
High stress
Wingspan Portfolio Advisors
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2015
Wingspan Portfolio Advisors has been an ever changing company over the past almost 3 years. I enjoy the people that I work with and have gained invaluable experience during my time as HR manager.
Overall – A Positive Learning Experience…
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, Dallas, Frisco TexasJune 4, 2015
Really enjoyed working with All the Employees...

As a third party vendor site for one of the world's largest financial institutions –
The company’s main sources of revenue (it’s lifeline)
relied on its ability to secure/renew projects and to maintain current projects…

The company’s inability to secure/renew additional contracts, resulted in employee laid offs and eventually the reorganization of the company –
High turnover rate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 12, 2015
Not stable! Nothing was ever consistent with this company. Nobody knew what they were doing, especially management! To many broken promises and let downs,
Pros
Met wonderful co-workers whom I shall never forget
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 12, 2015
Great place to work. There was a mass layoff and the management wasn't always great, but the other people there made it worth it.
WPA had issues with financial backing to maintain their presence in the local community.
Operations Director - Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 12, 2015
WPA inherited an awesome pool of talented and dedicated workers from Chase that always put the customer first. It was very unfortunate that they could not secure a contract with Chase to continue to employee these individuals and provide the top notch service that they did on a daily basis,
Not a Long Term Solution
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2015
A great company to get some marks on your resume to work towards the career you want in life but not a long term solution. Consistently brings management in from outside the company as opposed to promoting from within. Some departments may be flexible about working hours. The atmosphere created can be hostile, as co-workers are essentially pit against each other for long term employment.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Micromanagement, little loyalty to employees
Open to ideas and suggestions for improvement
Executive Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2015
Great individuals to work with, excellent work life balance with constant challenges that kept things interesting. The location of the office buildings were very convenient and employees seemed to have the support of the Sr. Management.
Great Company
DSCR Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 28, 2015
I am grateful for Wingspan Portfolio Advisors and the knowledge I have gained from being allow to be apart of their great company and team for almost 3 years. Being apart of this company helped me enhance my management and customer service skills as well as gain knowledge of the mortgage industry. The hardest part of my job was delivering information to clients that may result in losing certain property. I love the atmosphere and the people I worked with. I enjoyed the open door policy and had the privilege of getting to know with my VP as a result.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Delivering unpleasant information