Wingstop Employee Reviews in United States

Rewards hard work with work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Essentially, the management at Wingstop does reward their hardest working employees with more work hours, however, the possibility of earning raises and advancement through the company comes with "knowing someone".

Good place for a high school student but not recommended as a last ditch effort for anyone struggling to make ends meet.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
No benefits offered, near impossible chance for advancement, "slap-in-the-face" raises ( almost 2 years = $0.25)
Awesome place for anyone to begin their work history
Point (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be to clock in and restock anything that was used over night. Turn the televisions on and maintain the store appearance. What I learned while here is the Point of sale systems, and dealing with customer concerns of food preparation. Management was great except for the few months we had a horrible manager, which that situation was taken care of expediently. Co-workers were all amazing and never did i have dull moment with them. Hardest part of the job is standing on my feet all day and not getting a break. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist my customers on a daily and have a crew that supported me. Amazing team.
Pros
co-workers and customers
Cons
no healthcare, no room for advancement
fast environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2015
It was a fast paced job which I truly enjoyed. The whole team was full of energy. There i learned how to manage a store: order inventory, check in inventory, manage schedules along with co-workers payroll hours. How to communicate with vendors and place work orders for equipment that was out of order or in violation of food code policies. The hardest part of the management job was my nerves, I didn't think i was ready until I actually started. It was the same as before, however the support of my team is what truly made it happen and helped me take on the extra responsibilities. I loved my job, the hardest part was having to leave for my family.
Pros
learned management skills
Cons
opportunity for advancement
Great food a bit pricy
Manager (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work to begin your career in management; however, some tend to ever leave because the job is extremely easy once you get the hang of it. Worst part is constantly cleaning just like any restraunt.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
bad pay
ok
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
My day is they same everyday I walk in clean all tables lamps baseboards..etc get the store ready for customers to enter. The only thing I learned from management is u have to know some one to even be a manager its not about skill its about who you know. This job is not hard at all the only time u might run into a problem is with rude customers but you have to remember that if it wasn't for the customers you wouldn't have any hours and that means no money so just suck it up. The most enjoyable part of this job to see people enjoy being with friends and family bonding through watching sports and eating I love to see people happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no riase not equal pay false advirtiseing
Fun work environment with good food
Waitress (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2015
easy work, excellent co workers, management and owner, great discount, good hours, great advancement opportunities and good raises.
Great Place to eat
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I was an cashier and cook at this position. The customers were always rude and never left tips. My supervisor was did not help at all. I was always put in the position to be manager but was never promoted. My co-works never helped and would play most of the day. Which was very hard on me for this to be my first job, but it did tech me a lot about the work life. And where I wanted to be in life. The hardest part was trying to get of the customers in by myself. The best part was the hours.
Pros
Great place to eat
Cons
No help from others co-workers.
Fast pace and work with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Everyday at work is fast paced. Serving others with quality food and great customer service. Management has favorites. No real benefits
Pros
free lunch, good hours
Cons
no benefits
with the right staff it was very quick and consistent product on a daily basis
manager and cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2015
every day was the same only difference was opening and closing procedures opening was major had to open establishment on time at the same time on daily basis prior to open was a major prep list once open the focus was customer service ...it was a team effort every employee played an important roll to makes sure everything came together...the hardest part was being very busy for friday or thursday afternoon rush while not being properly staffed enjoyable part was shift change
Pros
free employee meal
Cons
no health insurance, to many 14 hour shift a day, by weekly salary, did not add up to actual performance and time dedicated to company.
good place to work/have to work hard
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be okay, it just depended on the day. if it was a busy day be ready for a lot of running back and forth but if it were a slow day then it would be played back and you might get to catch some ESPEN. the management is pretty good, the hardest part of the job was working so hard and getting paid so little but the best part was the free wings on your break.
Pros
free food
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace, not terribly productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 18, 2016
Working here was rather fun, although some of the employees were rather incompetent. The hours were a bit inconsistent, although the pay was acceptable for my living situation at the time. The work was simple enough after training, and I learned a fair amount of cooking while I worked there. Management was very strong, and he always did his best to have a firm hand on the staff and handle whatever problems might have occurred in the work place. The hardest part of the job was probably getting home at 1am almost every time I went in, but over time I learned to get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers; who although were not necessarily the most diligent of employees, were definitely fun to be around.
Pros
Free lunches, kind coworkers, strong management, decent pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours, negligent coworkers
Productive workplace with interactive customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me greeting my customers and coworkers and then clocking in. If there are no customers up front, I check on all our refreshments such as straws, ice, beer, forks, etc. to see if they needed to be restocked. I look behind me and see my manager flipping the wings with a smile on his face because one of the chefs told him a story about something funny he saw at work. All of them are flipping wings with precision and smiling. I notice one with a sad look on his face so finish the task at hand, then proceed to give him a pat on the back with a warm smile Gestures say more than words sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when customers change their minds on orders. It's not difficult for me, but it's difficult for the cooks in the back because they have to discard the finished order and start all over again. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to the music that's already being played in the intercom.
Pros
Employee lunches
Cons
Inflexible schedules
Great and learning experience for a fist job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Well its been a pleasure to work with the WingStop company also it help me build up my courage and push myself to become a better learner with each benefit they had to teach me ...I personally was willing to learn more and more each day so I can build up my skill with not just working as a cashier but also working with the cooking and serving,Why?...well because I enjoyed with what I learn and accomplished to do for the better of my future with any job that comes in.
Pros
N/A
Cons
work is work so we just have to work through it and make the best of it weather its good or bad.
Fun Work Place
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 4, 2016
I am not a huge fan of wings, but I do come here often to get their boneless wings. My girlfriend does enjoy the wings so we always end up getting half and half. They have a big variety of flavors and I always try something new. I cant really say I've actually dined at this place even though they have seating available. It is more of a order and go location. They make their wings to order so wait times are a little longer so if you are not patient, I advise to go for online ordering.

This location is usually busy. Level of service is not that great, it is your typical fast food attitude at the counter. Last time I went, the lady taking our order asked what we would like and walked away for about 3 minutes then came back and asked if we were ready. As we are placing an order she is carrying a full conversation with a co worker, and entering our order on the computer at the same time. I am not going to lie, she was skilled because she was facing her co worker behind her while listening to our order and plugging everything in correctly. Kudos for that skill!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
it was work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
my typical day at work would be to come in set our stations up cut and blanch fries for a hour or two then cook fries and wings for the rest of the day along with fixing orders and genral customer help i learned how to cook wings my co owrkers were mostly lazy bu a few of them were very helpful the hardest part of the job is dealing with management and the most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck
Fun job with awesome people
Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 14, 2016
My job is to go in and make sure every shift runs smoothly and every customer is taken care of in the best way possible. My bosses are all great guys and my coworkers work hard in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job is taking care of some rather unfriendly customers, but I love the job as a whole.
Not good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 22, 2015
At first I liked working there but after training things got worst. They didn't pay me my correct hours for training, then I tried talking to the manager and she said my check been in the drawer but she forgot to give it to me which made no sense to me because she went in the drawer everyday. The managers talk to you like their crazy and when you try talking to the manager she gets an attitude like she doesn't want to help you. Its just very wrong in there.
Pros
Drinks
Cons
Rude management, They mess up on your hours, they also talk to you any kind of way
Okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909February 28, 2016
okay place to work. have to cross train in all areas. shifts are either dead or fast paced no in between. kind of lazy management.
Pros
free employee meal, experience
Cons
lazy management, hard to keep busy
Compassionate and Skill building
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 21, 2015
a great place to develop skill that you can build on in future career goals such as: customer service, problem resolution, time management
Pros
free lunch, understanding management
Cons
not too much advancement
my days at wingstop
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 1, 2015
my typical day would be preparing my station with the items i needed for sides. i learned from wing stop how to cook and prepare the food and make the sides which i thought was cool cause most restaurant had pre ordered food made already . wing stop also bakes there own bread as well. Management was OK . it could of been better.some of my co workers have no people skills , they don't know how to talk to people without having an attitude, which wasn't fair to the other employee that greet customers with respect . The hardest part of this job was getting along with the management there. if you didn't get on there good side they would do anything in there power to get you in trouble . The enjoyable part of this job was cooking food for the people and they love the food .
Pros
good food
Cons
management