Winn-Dixie Stores

Winn-Dixie Stores Employer Reviews

different things to accomplish with excitement of meeting new people.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Defuniak Springs, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: paid every week
Cons: not paid enough, no full time
work was short but involved many activities in one day. i learned patience and stability. no comment on management or coworkers. hardest part of job was being on floor alone with no help and a line backing up the aisle. best part of job was lunch, returned respect from customers and appreciation.
toyotetusi not winn dixie
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Corbin, KYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits great amount of time off ie vacations sick pay family paid leave
Cons: hard work but thats not really a con
loved the job loved the people great place to work however a physical handicap suffered nerve damage caused by constant and repeated looking down for hours at a time caused cervical neck damage in c4 c5 c6 vertebre. I loved that job cause I was respoinsible for the job that I done and no one elses winn Dixie broke me of that but I had to leave
n/a
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 19, 2014
An OK company, but employees could be treated better as in discount programs and benefits. Many people only like to work temporarily.
Working with Bilo-holdings
Retail Data Specialist (Current Employee), HeadquartersSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: 401k and benefits
Cons: currently going through a merge with continuous manger/role changes
I have learned so much with Win-Dixie over the past 7 years. I have learned things from POGs to pricing and tag distribution.I enjoy my job but am currently looking to move to Nashville with my Husband who is currently a singer/songwriter.
Productive High Stress
Meat Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAAugust 29, 2014
Great company, great coworkers, poor upper and mid level management.
Retail/Grocery
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2014
Typical day consisted of scanning various items and accepting payment.
Poor management
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KyJune 24, 2014
Management does not listen to employee suggestions. There is no job security with this company. Very long time between raises.
Administrative Professionals
New Store Development (Former Employee), Clayton, NCMarch 19, 2014
This was a position I took while going to college. I learned lots of different things that eventually led me to positions in purchasing.
Not just the Grocery Store
In Store Coordinator (Former Employee), Macclenny, FLFebruary 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include speaking to guests, which to me was the most rewarding part! Everyday I looked forward to going into work to speak to my guest, our store was located in a small town and most of the customers knew me, therefore it was easy to speak to them and fix any questions and concerns that they might have had. The rest of my time at work would include counting down cash drawers and reconciling them, assigning tasks and duties for the cashiers and baggers that worked during my shift. Counting cash and making deposits as well. I learned a lot at Winn-Dixie, when I first started i was a scared fourteen year old girl who was shy and afraid to speak to people. Now I can speak to a total stranger even if I am not working. I think that working in retail and being around people makes you a stronger person in general. The management at work was usually good people, but you do get those few that seem like they are mad at the world, but what I have found out is that you really have to get to know that person, after all they aren't as bad as they may seem. Co-workers at work were always a challenge, some got along while others did not, so in this type of job you had to help others understand how to get along and work well with each other. The really wasn't a hard part of the job I had, you have hurdles that you have to jump over every now and then. If I had to name something it would be to reprimand someone for not doing their job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers that I encountered on a daily basis!
Good pay, coworkers, and always under staff
Inventory Control Specialist/Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2014
The first thing that I have to do when I arrive at work is take count of the pallets of bananas. Also, I have to count the products in the warehouse for accuracy count. The hardest part of this job is being able to count and fix problems throughout the day. I enjoy the money they pay me.
Grocery Store
CSL (Former Employee), Titusville, FLNovember 23, 2013
Winn dixie was not that great as a company but I did like doing my job.
Busy and always something to do.
General Merchandise Manager, Wage (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2013
Pros: nobody watching over my shoulder
Cons: too many closing shifts.
I would come in and clean up the department from the day before stock shelves as needed, inventory, and customer service.
Advancement was fairly easy.
Produce Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: at the time was a dependable job.
Cons: never enough help.
All days were different and we stayed busy, but the turnover rate was too high. There was never enough help and the pay wasn't good.
Nice company
Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlOctober 14, 2013
Nice company to work for. High turn over rate so there is a lot of room for advancement.
former employee
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAD (Former Employee), Montgomery, AL and jacksonville flOctober 3, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunitues
Cons: uncertainty of compoany
good company to work for if you are just starting out. very understanding management. great chance or advancement
Playing golf, Miami Football games
Store Director (Former Employee), WPB FLSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: fri, company meeting, lunch
I was responsible for sales, scheduling, ordering, training, supervising, recruiting, customer service and merchandising. I was also in charge of all department heads and for all normal managing functions as directed by the Corporate Office.
Had its good times and its fair share of bad
Grocery Associate, Meat Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: customers, coworkers, work enviroment
Cons: bad pay, lack of advancment
Winn Dixie was a good place for work as a person just entering the job field. I was never able to advance very much with my lack of not having a high school diploma. But it was always very nice getting to help the customers and meeting all the new people.
Co-Workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 12, 2013
The co-workers are very cool. They make the job more exciting.
I LEARNED LOTS OF DIFFERNT THINGS WHILE I WORKED THERE
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 9, 2013
Pros: good pay and bentifits
Cons: working most holidays
I WORKED IN ALL DEPTS IF IT WAS NEEDED. I LEARNED TO CUT MEAT. I HELPED OUT IN BAKERY BECAUSE I HAVE CAKE DECORATING EXPERINCE. ALL MANAGERS WERE VERY GOOD PEOPLE TILL THE LAST MANAGER I WORKED FOR.THE HARDEST PART WAS WORKING THE DAY BEFORE A HOLIDAY.I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW ALMOST EVERY DAY AND SOME OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT CAME IN.
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Columbia, MSJuly 1, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: 4 hour shifts, work once a week, rude customers
A typical day of work consists of working hard and a fast paced environment, my co-workers are really nice.