Geat first job teaches you well on Customer ServiceActs as first line supervisor for designated corrections staff, including training, overseeing work,
participating in disciplinary decisions and actions, and establishing and evaluating appropriate performance
standards in accordance with Sheriff’s Office objectives.
• Reviews all daily reports, incident reports, grievance responses, and/or other applicable documentation and
overall activities of unit/shift.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates training programs for new and existing Correctional Officers.
• Supervises inmates, ensuring compliance with jail rules and maintaining an orderly facility.
• Communicates with inmate families to address and respond to problems, concerns, collect inmate funds,
and/or perform other related activities.
• Collaborates with other governmental agencies in coordinating the pick up or transfer of inmates, address
security issues with courts, discuss inmate charges, and/or perform other related activities.
• Remains available during on-duty hours to assist staff, if needed.
• Participates in and collaborates with a variety of committees, professional associations, Boards, and/or
other related groups.
• Gathers and reviews intake and release documents, ensuring i