WINN DIXIE STORES

WINN DIXIE STORES Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
In Store Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 27, 2014
Geat first job teaches you well on Customer ServiceActs as first line supervisor for designated corrections staff, including training, overseeing work,
participating in disciplinary decisions and actions, and establishing and evaluating appropriate performance
standards in accordance with Sheriff’s Office objectives.
• Reviews all daily reports, incident – more... reports, grievance responses, and/or other applicable documentation and
overall activities of unit/shift.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates training programs for new and existing Correctional Officers.
• Supervises inmates, ensuring compliance with jail rules and maintaining an orderly facility.
• Communicates with inmate families to address and respond to problems, concerns, collect inmate funds,
and/or perform other related activities.
• Collaborates with other governmental agencies in coordinating the pick up or transfer of inmates, address
security issues with courts, discuss inmate charges, and/or perform other related activities.
• Remains available during on-duty hours to assist staff, if needed.
• Participates in and collaborates with a variety of committees, professional associations, Boards, and/or
other related groups.
• Gathers and reviews intake and release documents, ensuring i – less
It was an enjoyable company to work for.
Dept Manager (Produce), Assistant/Co- Manager (Former Employee), Baker, LAJanuary 15, 2014
It was a lot of responsibility for the amount being paid at the time I was employed.
AN ENJOYABLE PLACE TO WORK
Location Manager (Former Employee), CRYSTAL RIVER,FLORIDANovember 2, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
LONG HOURS.MANAGEMENT, WORKED HARDLONG HOURS,PAYCHECK LEARNED ALOT ABOUT HOW TO TAKE CARE OF EMPLOYEES AND WHAT YOU EXPECTED OF THEM
excellent place to work
District Meat Supervisor Western North Carolina (Former Employee), Morganton, NCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Was an excellent place to work until they went bankrupt. Good benefits and advancement opportunities.
Not a very organized company
Department Head (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 15, 2013
The great part about the job is the customers. Their are not many incentives that come along with this company but expect so much from you with very little pay.
Fast paced workplace, very exciting and productive
Customer Service Representative/Front End Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: fast paced, very good benefits and compensation, excellent management, and individual work
Cons: when other managers did not show up for work, one or two people were responsible for four people's work.
I really enjoyed working for Winn Dixie. There were great opportunities to move forward with the company. It was fast paced and I enjoyed working with the general public. My promotion made things a little more challenging but I managed to handle the transition well.
Not a bad place to work
Service Lead (Current Employee), Auburn, ALSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: easy work, works around schedule.
Cons: pay
Overall I have enjoyed working at Winn Dixie, but due to recent changes, and job cuts I find no choice but to look for employement else where.
Holding company without employees
Store Director (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 3, 2013
Wholly owned subsidiary of Target Corp used for licensing in the state of Texas.
allways a challenge.
Location Director (Former Employee), 7stores in ocalaJuly 19, 2013
Pros: pay, working with great people, allways something different
Cons: long hours, working with some negative people, sometimes under appreciated
typical day-a 12 hr day managing 40 to 50 employees making sure they treat our customer like gold while making sure they keep there depts looking fresh and full.challenging depts head to acheiving sales goals while they teach and train there associates.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED-over the years i learned you cant do everything yourself and learned to deligate – more... and motivate others to get the job done.i now get excited to see others excel and prosper under my supervision.
MGMT-after working under alot of mgrs and supervisors i think i have learned alot from each one.i think my best quality is im considered a people person and know how to manage people.
CO-WORKERS-i learned over the years that every associate and co workers are different and get motivated in different ways.you have to communicate to each one and find out what gets them going.i like to make great effort to make work fun and make sure they leave wanting to come back.
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB-missing out on kid activities.working all the holidays.having to work with some negative people and customers.
MOST ENJOYABLE-watching team members grow under your supervision.helping team members reach there goals.it was a job that you could see hard work pay off and develope alot of pride and customer confidense. – less
company was a fun place to work, intermingling with customers and associates
reset manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJuly 18, 2013
we worked together as a team and worked hard to make the guests feel like it was their store, We were like a big family prior to bankruptcy filings at which point the benefits were lost, stock value went to zero, and all the old timers lost everything they had worked so hard to get for retirement.

we still worked hard together to make the company a – more... success. – less
very exciting place to work
Front end manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 17, 2013
Pros: friendly enviroment and advancement opportunity.
Cons: not enough hours for other employees .
A typical day at work would be to assist customers with quality customer service, loyalty, and a friendly environment.
I have learned a lot since I have been employed at winn Dixie. keeping the shopping place a hassel free and friendly environment are just some of the things I have learned.
I have been in management for 8 years, and it has been a learning – more... experience. MY duties are the following; stocking, scheduling, coaching, staffing, discipline, and maintaining housekeeping for a clean shopping environment.
My co workers are wonderful. Everyone works together to get the job done. This is one of the challenges I have put in motion.
The hardest part of the job, is working with the few people we have to complete the job. Hours have been cut tremendously, however customers are still getting fast and friendly service.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new faces everyday and my coworkers. – less
Great Place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLJune 16, 2013
Pros: being a people person, is the key to working in this environment.
Cons: only part-time cashier employment available, would like full-time.
I enjoy being a cashier. I meet people from all over the world. I like everyone I work with co-workers,supervisors,managers. We all work
together which makes working for Winn Dixie a great place to work.
I have learned how to handle customers that are having a bad day,as
well as customers having a great day. I love what I do, therefore my
work comes – more... easy. To be a successful employee, you must enjoy
what you do! – less
Excellent equipment to work on
HVAC/R SERVICE TECH (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2013
Pros: learned paralel refrigeration
Cons: being in florida it was reall y hot.no a/c in my truck
I was my own boss there,i was fixing every thing in every store i took care of . one day i would work on refrigeration the next day I would be working on automatic doors or the gigantic store signs on the foof
Good working environment
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: samples of new store products
Cons: short lunch breaks
A good place to work
Many co-workers have established longevity
Duties
Manager (Former Employee), Talladega, ALFebruary 10, 2013
Pricing Manager: On daily basis check of price and changes or merchandise, assisting store manager to assure prices are accurate. Stocking of merchandise was sometimes requires.
Dairy and Frozen Food Manager: Maintaining and operating said department with the highest regard for customer service and sales. Keeping department stocked for repeated business – more... from customers.
Assistant to Produce Manager: Ordering and processing were common practice in this department, customer service was first priority. – less
fun workplace
Customer Service Clerk, Frozen food Stocker (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 12, 2013
very good enviorment where work can be done in timely mannor
PAY AND BENEFIT SUCK
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLJanuary 10, 2013
i JUST ALL AROUND HATED THIS JOB. THIS JOB IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL
It was awesome to meet new people and please the customers.
Customer Service Lead, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2012
on a typical day at work I was able to set out tills to run the store properly. Balacing the books from the day before and sending money to the bank was a great learning experience. I was apart of management and we communicated and worked together throughout the day. My co-workers were fun and I also learned new and different things from them. The job – more... was not hard but there were times when a lot came down at one time. I have to complete all assignments i start. The most enjoyable part of the day was meeting and pleasing our customers. – less
Fun job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLNovember 2, 2012
First job. Learned alot about customer service.
A typical day included ringing people up and helping customers checkout. Cashier.
I have a lot of skills of managing people and interacting with the public.
CENTER STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2012
I am a self motivated person that works well with others, and while at work I am always buisy thinking of ways to become more efficient, and profitable.