WINN DIXIE STORES Employee Reviews

Okayy first job
Cashier/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be okay depending on what day it was sometimes it would be slow then other days it would be fast.I learned how to be more patient because some customers were rude and some couldn't decide which item was best.My first manager she was great.best manager ever my co workers were okay they weren't to bad good group to work around.Nothing to hard about being a cashier .Most enjoyable part when it was holidays and we decorated the front end of the store that was fun.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
sometimes rude customers
No hours and no joy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Management had a bad change and they completely forgot to even put me on the schedule so i went weeks thinking i was fired and i called and turns out the manager just forgot employees.
Hard work, but well worth it.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLSeptember 2, 2015
I have been working at the WinnDixie deli for a few months now, and I have to say, it is probably the hardest job I've ever had. I have to constantly be taking care of customers, cooking, and cleaning at the same time. There's rarely a spare moment in my department. A lot of work goes into keeping a deli running smoothly, and they really don't pay much considering how much is expected ($8.25 an hour for me).... that being said, there is plenty if opportunity to advance if you do the job right. I have been there for less than 4 months, and they're already talking about getting me moved to full time. Why? Because I work my butt off, and my managers see and appreciate that. You've got to earn it if you want it, but if you do your part, you're sure to advance quickly with this company.

The management at my particular store is fantastic. I know that's not the case for most locations, and I've subbed at one that had awful management, but every superior on every level at my store is great. They're understanding, good about working around my other job on the schedule, and just all around good people. Because of them, I'm excited to be a part of the WinnDixie team, and I can really see myself making a career out of what started out as a temporary, part time job.
Pros
Never a dull moment, flexible schedule, room for fast advancement
Cons
Irregular hours for part-timers, having to multitask literally constantly
Quality company to work for.
o Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Starke, FlMay 21, 2015
Good company to work for. Advancement is possible if you work hard. Working for them allowed me to learn a lot about the customer service industry.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 9, 2015
This particular Winn Dixie was the worst store I ever worked for. Disrespectful management team didn't care for your safety or wellbeing in the work place.
Winn dixie stores
Co Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 30, 2015
Assist Store Director in creating a positive work environment for all associates.Manage a work plan within projected budgets.Ensured that all departments achieve their standards of performance as outlined by company work plan.Ensured that all new associates received proper reviews and indoctrinations of job descriptions, goals, and objectives.Ensured fair and consistent treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate moral.Accountable for inventory, security, expenses, and cash control of the location.
Very Hectic, fast pacedworkplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 19, 2015
It was a good job. Favorite thing was being able to help and assist the customers. My co-workers were fun and outgoing. He management was ok considering when I worked there they were going through a managerial change
Great place to work, it definitely has its benefits.
Produce Team Leader (Current Employee) –  DeltonaFebruary 13, 2015
In a typical day for a produce employee there is lots to get done. Everything is very time consuming so managing your time is key to be successful. You must grade the produce, stock it, help customers, process cut produce, maintain cleanliness in the department, as well as keep the department looking inviting.
Great Starting Job
Front End Supervisor, Cashier, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 12, 2015
First job I had was with Winn Dixie. They took great care of me, management was super nice and eager to help. I still interact with these people even today.
Pros
great people
Cons
compensation
Looking to improve
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2014
Overall thankful for the opportunities and experience with this company.

Want to know more about WINN DIXIE STORES?

Ask a question
Fast Paced and fun place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FloridaDecember 14, 2014
You always learn something new its a fun place to work and fast paced so your always moving co workers are great
low pay ,low quality job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  apapkaDecember 8, 2014
for $8.05 in hour they are trying to work you to death.deli department-all this NASTY cleaning,taking trash out,lift the heavy boxes,clean fryers,piles and piles GREASY nasty dishes,and plus take care the customers at same time.Also some coworkers are very rood and unhappy.would NEVER work here again!!
Cons
everything
fast paced
Bookkeeper/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2014
it was a job that you learn to do different things at once. The people are nice and helpful. It s a great team work atmosphere.
Pros
different schedules to work in, big company
Cons
short lunches
very fun enjoyable enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 19, 2014
i really liked working there I was also in school at the time and they worked with my schedule and i made good pay
Great Place to work
In Store Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2014
Geat first job teaches you well on Customer ServiceActs as first line supervisor for designated corrections staff, including training, overseeing work,
participating in disciplinary decisions and actions, and establishing and evaluating appropriate performance
standards in accordance with Sheriff’s Office objectives.
• Reviews all daily reports, incident reports, grievance responses, and/or other applicable documentation and
overall activities of unit/shift.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates training programs for new and existing Correctional Officers.
• Supervises inmates, ensuring compliance with jail rules and maintaining an orderly facility.
• Communicates with inmate families to address and respond to problems, concerns, collect inmate funds,
and/or perform other related activities.
• Collaborates with other governmental agencies in coordinating the pick up or transfer of inmates, address
security issues with courts, discuss inmate charges, and/or perform other related activities.
• Remains available during on-duty hours to assist staff, if needed.
• Participates in and collaborates with a variety of committees, professional associations, Boards, and/or
other related groups.
• Gathers and reviews intake and release documents, ensuring i
It was an enjoyable company to work for.
Dept Manager (Produce), Assistant/Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  Baker, LAJanuary 15, 2014
It was a lot of responsibility for the amount being paid at the time I was employed.
An enjoyable place to work
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  CRYSTAL RIVER,FLORIDANovember 2, 2013
Long hours.Management, worked hardlong hours,paycheck learned alot about how to take care of employees and what you expected of them
Pros
good pay
excellent place to work
District Meat Supervisor Western North Carolina (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 23, 2013
Was an excellent place to work until they went bankrupt. Good benefits and advancement opportunities.
Pros
good place to work
Not a very organized company
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 15, 2013
The great part about the job is the customers. Their are not many incentives that come along with this company but expect so much from you with very little pay.
Fast paced workplace, very exciting and productive
Customer Service Representative/Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 28, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Winn Dixie. There were great opportunities to move forward with the company. It was fast paced and I enjoyed working with the general public. My promotion made things a little more challenging but I managed to handle the transition well.
Pros
fast paced, very good benefits and compensation, excellent management, and individual work
Cons
when other managers did not show up for work, one or two people were responsible for four people's work.