The deli manager will manage the daily operations of their assigned department. This position is accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) for their department and must use their leadership and merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound business decisions. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing guest confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere in the department.
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank guests in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Responsible for scheduling department employees.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in Baking Breads and Pastries and Decorate Cakes
Critical Competencies and Skills
People Merchant and Brand Business and Results
- Builds Trusting & Loyal Relationships
- Partners Effectively & Demonstrates Teamwork
- Communicates with Impact & Candor
- Leverages Diversity & Ensures Inclusion
- Coaches & Develops Others * Builds Guest Loyalty
- Facilitates Innovation & Change
- Plans & Organizes * Supports Achievement of Results
- Displays Business & Financial Acumen
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a BI-LO Winn-Dixie lead position in the deli department; or one
(1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants,
hotels or general business.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the BI-LO Winn-Dixie store
(service, fresh & center store); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
Environment and Physical Demands
Never (N) 0%
Occasionally (O) 1-33%
Frequently (F) 34-66%
Continuously (C) 67-100%
Task Frequency Additional Details (as necessary)
1. Standing C Surface Type(s): Tile, concrete
2. Walking C Surface Type(s): Tile, concrete
3. Sitting O
4. Carrying F Up to 100 Lbs.
5. Pushing F Up to 100 Lbs.
6. Lifting F Up to 100 Lbs.
7. Pulling F Up to 150 Lbs.
8. Climbing O Height: 10 Ft.
9. Balancing O