Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Too much drama and they basically cut hours all the time. One of the managers discriminates. Very rude and everyone thinks they are a manger and tries to tell you what to do. They have you working a lot and doing other people jobs and tasks for little pay. Never give you your raise.
Pros
5% discount, 30 min lunch
good place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 21, 2018
itsan overall good place to work just does not offer enough hours and only offers part time positions. Hours are flexible but i never got over 20 hours a week.
It"s a roller coaster ride
Wine and Spirits Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 21, 2018
This company is on a road to destruction. Taking advantage of every avenue in the grocery business. To the corporation, their main goal is a day to day procedure. Nothing more, nothing less.
Using what money they have to make them look like a great investment opportunity.
Great Company
Scanning Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 20, 2018
At the time I worked for Winn Dixie it was a great company. Had many hard working people there. Great insurance and other benefits. I worked nights quite often, but that was what was needed.
Fun place to work, great for first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAJanuary 20, 2018
Working at winn dixie was my favorite job out of all of them. the pay was a bit above minimum wage and was pretty easy to deal with if you're in school.
Pros
Pays okay, free drinks in back of store
Cons
No free meals
4 out of 5 stars rating
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJanuary 19, 2018
Cash transactions, lottery transaction, western union, returns, customer satisfaction, check out process. Enjoyed customer interaction and developing rapport with regulars.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Wouldn't recommend working at the one on beal management was poor. Constantly hiring new people. Never had great pay and the hours never stayed the same.
It's Winn Dixie?
Customer Service Agent, Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Robertsdale, ALJanuary 19, 2018
It's a typical cashier job I suppose. It was a decent summer job I held in high school. I went to work, I did a job, and I got paid. I can't really complain. Like I said, it was decent.
Bakery/ Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundee, FLJanuary 19, 2018
I helped customers with what they needed. Made desserts, baked cookies, breads, pies. In the deli, I sliced cheeses and meats for customers. I also cleaned.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Rude customerts
Great starting job
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Great starting job that introduced me to the working life and how t handle it. I learned to handle money correctly as a cashier and to maintain the cleanliness of the store as well.
job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLJanuary 19, 2018
people were constantly rude, including workers, there was no enjoyment in working at winn Dixie, and they only gave me 8 hours a week, would not recommend someone working there.
quick pace,
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Madison, FLJanuary 19, 2018
good work place you get to met just about eveyone in mdison,fl.,you get to help the elderly,its really family centered they provide for the neighborhood
Pros
discounts on food, you can sample food all day
Cons
take break when you want
Busy work place
Manager Florist (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAJanuary 19, 2018
Cleaning department, unloading truck, assisting customers.
I learn how to have patience an love

The hardiest part of my job was the holiday's, working long hours
Pros
bonus
Cons
no help doing the holidays
Nice place to work
Cashier/Dairy Associate/ Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 18, 2018
It was a good job. I got paid well enough for what I did, breaks were great, people were nice. Customers sometimes sucked but that's a given working in retail.
Pros
great lunch breaks
Cons
customers were sometimes awful
very unprofessional
cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 18, 2018
The manager was hardly ever on time to open up the store.
Workers called in almost everyday.
You only got ten cent raises.
You're overworked for less pay.
It's ok. Not everything you may be expecting. But I would send anyone that needs a job.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 18, 2018
It's ok to work there but you may not hey the hours that you want. All I can say is try it out and see if you like it. Only you can make your own decisions.
Productive but poor management
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 18, 2018
The manager was extremely and consistently rude to every worker, had no respect. The environment and pay was fair but the hours were not. No room for growth for anybody and it took a lot for me to quit but eventually i just couldnt deal with the environment at this location.
Great learning experience
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Working at Winn Dixie was s great learning experience, I went from working in the stock room to working in the produce section. My supervisor gave me important duties like being responsible for ordering produce and floral items. I really enjoyed working for Winn Dixie.
Pros
Received raises every six months
Cons
non
Stay positive through the storm...
Center Store Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Sometimes businesses go through transitional periods, however it has been mentioned on both social media, and within business oriented media that South Eastern Grocers, the owners of Winn Dixie, are not doing good at all financially. The way they underpay their employees, or lack in proper communication skills leaves much to be desired.

Each day was seemingly more stressful than the last.
Pros
Paychecks come weekly.
Cons
Management leaves much to be desired, it all felt very unprofessional!
Closed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALJanuary 17, 2018
Winn Dixie in Ozark has also closedown. When they opened the Super Walmart, it closedown several businesses in Ozark. It was a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.