Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 3,471 reviews matching the search
Productive fun place
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 26, 2017
Started as a cashier then moved up to the Sup of the Photo Lab was a good company to work for until they closed down. Would develop pictures for the customers
Pros
Good Food
Cons
N/A
be coworkers, bad management.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 26, 2017
fast paced, customer friendly,large amounts of cash flow, timely oriented, always moveing, multi tasking.

A nice experience with management staff
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 25, 2017
It's a great place to work, and helping the customers is a very special task. It brings great delight to the customers when helping them find needed items.
Pros
Great coupon deals
Cons
NA
a typical day at work
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 24, 2017
I go into work at 6 o'clock i print out my production sheet it tell me how many fruit bowls have been sold the previous day and how many to make, after that i pull the expire dates off the shelves, once i finish pulling dates i begin to make the fruit bowls and veggie trays. after i finish that i begin to fill the holes where the products is low. i keep doing that throughout the my whole shift.
Grocery Store
Frontline Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GA 31525March 23, 2017
Great place to shop always bogos
Scan grocery without looking up for barcode already knowing the number by memory
busier in afternoons than mornings
enjoyable is my wonderful mangers
Winn Dixie
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 23, 2017
Many years ago working with Winn Dixie was much like the now current Publix culture and atmosphere. Since I have left the company many years ago, it is hard for me to even shop there due to the decline in their customer service training and the way their stores are generally kept. It would be hard for me to analyze being an employee there in this time.
Great starter job
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 22, 2017
I worked at Winn Dixie as a Customer Associate or bag boy. I bagged groceries and help customers put the groceries in their vehicles and also gathered carts and debris in the parking lot. It was easy physically and not engaging mentally and definitely did not pay well enough to provide a living but it was a good starter job, I'm glad I had which had room for advancement to cashier and potentially manager. The people there were pleasant to work with and most customers were nice.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay, not satisfying work
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 22, 2017
it a good company to work with but at the time at the location where i use to work all my team left .cuz they hire a new team .so i left . and the new management team was trying to change many things .
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short break no benefit.
nice place
Front-end Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMarch 21, 2017
easy to advance
management was always around to help out when needed
most of the people I worked with were super helpful
registers were easy to learn p
Unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 21, 2017
Wasn't a consistent schedule it was always all other the place. Winn-Dixie supervisors was very unprofessional and could be disrespectful at times. They didn't know how to communicate with us employees
Employees calling out of work
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GA 31522March 20, 2017
I count the safe to ensure that it's accurate. I count down the tills and get them out on the floor before the cashiers star their shifts. I check vendors in and out. I supervise 7 to 10 employees on a daily basis. I have learned to work with the employees by getting on the registers when we are short handed and backed up. I act as management when management are on conference calls or are too busy to come to the front-end. Our work culture is not very good because we get so many callouts on a daily basis and it makes it hard on the employees who are there. The hardest part of the job is when the employees callout of work or fail to even show up for work. I enjoy meeting new people and making them smile by greeting them and asking about their day.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
parttime with no benefits
Productive and easy to meet new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCMarch 19, 2017
In this job I met new people everyday, some came in more than once. New people were always coming in for jobs and the customers could be very awesome to get to know and talk to.
Team Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2017
this job is good for someone who is in high school Team Member Team Member the managers are not nice to work with they don't care for anyone but themselfs
You always need to find busywork
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 16, 2017
A typical day includes long lines, angry customers that believe they are right and you are wrong. A super fast paced environment that will no doubt give you a headache. Everyone gossips and no one gets a raise. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers. Easiest part of the job is greeting customers who will greet you back.
Pros
An entire 10% discount
Cons
Horibble management
Decent place, good people, hard to get a raise
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chiefland, FLMarch 16, 2017
A typical day for me consists of me working back stock and putting it into location based inventory. I fix problems with inventory numbers and I occasionally cashier when needed. My job title is "Cashier" even though I work Center Store now. I wouldn't even consider myself a typical Center Store Associate considering they mainly stock and I do more advanced jobs than that. Unfortunately I don't get the compensation that the position should receive, but the managers don't see to have control over that. Raises go through HR, and apparently they don't like to give them out. Overall, good people, but bad pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unpaid meals, hard to move up, cheap company, outdated tools
fast pace, customers were always friendly.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  High Springs, FLMarch 16, 2017
I always loved going to work because of the loyal customers but that was it. Everything else about the place such as management, other employees and them cutting everyone's hours was terrible.
Pros
My customers. Percentage off some foods
Cons
short breaks, management sucks, they call you whenever they want to. they will lie to you to get you to come in and work.
Healthcare, Room for advancement.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 15, 2017
Winn Dixie is a great place to work for. Flexible scheduling. Plenty of room for advancement. Management will work with you on your dreams for moving up with the company. Great benefits.
Pros
Flexible sceduling. Room for advancement in company.
Great Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 15, 2017
I loved this job. Great place to work, Great People, Great pay. I really wish they could have stayed in business here in the north. I would still be working there.
Pros
Pay
Was an O.K. job
Cashier, Stock, Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLMarch 15, 2017
Was great in the beginning. DM change and everything went down hill. But it was great for a first time job. Was very flexible on hours. Everyone worked together.
Loved the public
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 15, 2017
Enjoyable work environment, loved helping the public, and assisting customers. Loved the constant moving because time went by faster, and I was able to develop a flow with my work.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Crazy hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.