Winn Dixie
1,242 reviews

Winn Dixie Employer Reviews

Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 21, 2014
My first job ever, people were always nice, I learned work ethic from there, was taught alot by supervisors on grocery store work, and how to treat people.
Very personable, the management treated their employees and customers like family
OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: the store was less than four blocks from my house, it was extremely convenient.
Cons: having to work overnight could become challenging, especially since my wife works during the day.
Generally our days began around ten at night and we would work until about eight the next morning. I was in charge of making sure that all of our stock was put out in a timely and orderly fashion. We had to make sure that the store was fully stocked and ready to go for our customers at six o'clock sharp. It was a fun job, everyone worked very well together, – more... and it was also very physically demanding. – less
Was an okay job
BAKERY TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 20, 2014
Pros: worked with a friend, two managers were cool
Cons: main manager was not nice, a lot of work, always closed.
Too much work, not enough pay. Manager was not very nice. Some other managers, not in my dept were nice.
Productive and pleasant work enviroment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Orange Beach, ALJuly 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers and customers
Enjoyed working with co-workers and consider most customers as friends. Would not leave, but moving to be with family and desire to see other parts of our country.
knowing the daily customers
Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at work was fine.
I learned that you have to never let a customer get to you.
They never could keep stable managers.
Co-Workers was fun and cool
They Hardest part of the job was trying to get the people out of line as fast as I can
A First time experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be to come in to a steady pace environment. I get on a register and begin greeting and assisting customers throughout my shift. What I've learned while at this job is that customer service is everything. I also learned how to perform multiple task in order to service my customers, far as machines and multi-tasking. – more... My managers were always busy assisting as well or making sure that the front end was moving efficiently. The managers always made sure that you knew ways to make your shift run even smoother. My Co-workers were all friendly and we all worked as a team to ensure that our customers experienced great quality service. There wasn't anything too hard about the job that would cause any problem, however the most enjoyable part of the job was to talk with customers and seeing customers leave pleased. – less
productive and customers first
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2014
a good job with benefits stocking shelves and you learn how to become better at dealing and interacting with customers. the management is fine and your co workers come and go. the hardest part of the job is picking up others slack because it sometimes slows you down and the most enjoyable part about the job is when you finish early and get to work on – more... something else – less
stressful
Frozen Food Clerk (Former Employee), fort myers, flJuly 16, 2014
i did not like having to shave before every shift. i wanted to grow a beard. some customers were very rude. I preferred working in the middle part of the day instead of working in the evening.
Meet and greet alot of interesting people.
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 16, 2014
The people that comes and goes to Winn Dixie are interesting. Due to the fact of the area and live style. But, they grow on you and they don't mean no harm.I learnt that the job is very friendly to the customers and does everything they can do satisfy every customer needs and concerns.
Great place to work while in school!
District Trainer (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 15, 2014
Pros: team members, customers
Cons: not enough hours, healthcare
Winn-Dixie is a fun place to work as far as co-workers, and the customers. Since the merge with Bi-Lo, too many corners are being cut now. It is all about making $ with no help, which highly effects customer service. When I left, there were not any hours available for anyone in the stores.
Overall Rating
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: nasty customers
Winn Dixie is a fun place to work and allows you to balance your Work and Homelife
Not a happy place
Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 15, 2014
Cons: no benefits
This is probably one of the worst managed places ever. I never got hours and the managers are really rude to customers and workers.
A fair starting Job
Department Manager (Former Employee), Largo, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: real world experience, room for advancment
Cons: sacrifice to personal and spiritual life.
My first Job. Ten years was long enough to learn that while there was room for advancement it would come at great cost to personal and spiritual life.

I learned a great deal about management techniques and inventory control while working for Winn-Dixie.

Winn-Dixie also helped me to establish excellent customer service skills.

Coworkers ranged in – more... ability, demeanor and ethics. – less
great company to work for
stock clerk (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJuly 13, 2014
looked forward to going into to work every day excellent management team got along great with co workers
deli/ bakery quick moving jod
deli/ bakery (Current Employee), plant cityJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: low pay, cant even pay my car isurance.
I really enjoy working for Winn Dixie, but the main issue I have with them is, im trying to move up into management but they have no available positions open and was told there wont be, im honestly trying to make a living and move out of my parents house, I feel being a handy man is like a walk in the park for me being my dad is the president for a – more... major construction company out of tampa. – less
long hours, good pay.
Customer Service/bagger (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good food, tips were nice.
Cons: long hours
Hard work, managers work not very supportive. Enjoy helping customers. Co-workers we helpful.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Perry, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: angry customers
I love working at Winn Dixie. The people i work with are really nice and fun to work with.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no more than 25 hrs
Typical day last about 4 hours, not too long but really short.
I learned great customer service skills.
The managers made sure we did our jobs, never harsh for no reason.
My co workers were wonderful.
I never had problems at Winn Dixie.
It can be fun
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLJuly 10, 2014
Cons: no benefits for part time, very little opportunity for advancement
I love Winn-Dixie, and my customers and a few employees are what truly make my job worth it.
Fun work environment and good learning experience!
Cashier (Current Employee), Mobile, AlabamaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i get a 10% discount, free coffee (love that), more money when i work on holidays, and awesome fuel perks, too.
Cons: i only get a vision discount since i'm part time (i break my glasses a lot..), and my hours get cut sometimes which sucks a lot.
I'm currently a cashier at Winn Dixie and I've got to say, it's a pretty fun job. I've been there for about 5 months now and I've been a stocker for GM and trained in Receiving (which is very confusing..) so I've been moved around a good bit. My salary is good for a teenager and the hours can be a bit annoying (sometimes I get 22 which is my most and – more... the lowest I've ever gotten was 11). I've only called in twice and they weren't rude or angry but concerned for my well being since I was sick when I called in.

My management is fun to work with and very nice. My managers are always joking and never unpleasant to work with. When I first started I used to have trouble remembering to press the WIC button and I'd have to call them over about 5 times a day and not once were they ever annoyed by it which is something I appreciate. My boss is a respectable guy and good natured, but he is disciplined and very stern when he needs to be.

My co workers are very reliable and also fun to work with. They take the time to train you right and make sure you know what you need to know before you're on your own.

You learn a lot of things here, like how to be out going and what to do in a tight squeeze (for instance if you're dealing with an angry customer and need to know how to calm them down).

The hardest part of the job for me is probably making sure I don't void too many things because sometimes I accidentally ring the same item twice and I need to be careful not to do it so much because I don't want to be on smart check.

The most enjoyable part of the day for me is making people happy when they come through my line because it makes me happy to get them the right deals and bringing a smile or laugh out of them.

I really do love my job and I'm pretty good at it now when I thought I'd never get the hang of it. It's a great first job and they're a good company to work with for anybody who needs a first job! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more