Winn Dixie
1,741 reviews

Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Pay is not that great
OFFICE CASHIER (Former Employee), Abbeville, LAMay 29, 2015
management at the time I had began working there expected one person to do 10 people jobs but only get paid for one person..

when I became management things got a little better but still had those who thought the rules did not apply to them and upper management still had favorites
Great Starter job
Cashier (Former Employee), Macclenny, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Dealing with cranky customers
You learn alot here in retail. You deal with a variety of things and can move up quickly. Come to work with a good smile on your face and like what you do. Great place to interact with people and learn alot of retail.
Winn Dixie
Assistant Deli&Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 28, 2015
Pros: vacation time paid for
Cons: upper management
I worked for Winn Dixie for over 15 years. I had a coworker who didn't get along with me. I had to go to upper management several times but that didn't help either because this co worker had something on the manager that was like blackmail.
A typical day: I went in checked dates. made up production pages for items to be produced for that day. Then proofed bread, baked bread. Filled up tables, unloaded trucks and put up the items in the freezers. I sometimes cooked breakfast, lunch and fried chicken between trucks. The hardest part was having to deal with this coworker but I got so use to her leaving me behind to do her work plus mine that I just ignored her and did the best I could with what I had. The most enjoyable was when I was able to sit down and rest at lunch time.
Fast paced environment with challenging job resposibilites.
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 28, 2015
Great company to work for and great people to work with. Opportunities for advancement were always present. The pay and benefits were really good as well.
Run Away
Manager (Former Employee), georgiaMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Cons: Horrible Management
The hardest part of the job is going in to work every day. The working conditions depend on the store manager. the one I worked for was vindictive, petty, and ridiculed employees in front of others. He put employees in danger so he can laugh about it. Managers are expected to work to 1 or 2 in the morning and have to be back in at 6am at least once a week.. work up to 70 hours a week. many times employees have to work and be back with only 6 hours between shifts. this is not the place that you want to work if you value your home life or your self respect.
Productive and fun evniorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: extended lunches
Cons: healthcare
My experience while employed at Winn Dixie was very fundamental. I enjoyed working with and being able to assist the public. Management was always available when needed and my co workers were very helpful and fun to be around.
If you really need a job
Guest service leader (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: horrible pay, no management, no compensation, no benefits
So you work at this company for over a year, you become a customer service leader or guest service leader and you get paid less than starting cashiers. Raises are scarce and usually are 10 cents. The pay is exactly minimum wage, no vacation time, they are able to work around schedule and managers are usually no where to be seen. The hardest part of this job is that you work and get no money, if you really need a job and are desperate please apply if not apply else where. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving it at the end of the day.
Enjoyed working in the deli.
Deli associate (Former Employee), mobile.alMay 26, 2015
Typical day consisted of cleaning deep fryers and taking inventory when we were slow. the peek season occurred around the hours of 12 noon and 5p.m when everyone's comming for break and headed from work to grab a quick dinner.
Winn Dixie Sucks!
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
I dont get any hours and I never leave work on time. Co workers are friendly but poor management. theres no hard part of the job, easy once you get the hang of it. theres no enjoyable part of the job.
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMay 25, 2015
its a great job specaily for a teen just starting out in the one of the many joys of life, working. The staff are amazing with first comers . we all get nervous but trust me after a day or two it seems like the whole faculty are your family.
it was not for me.
deli (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: i learned the basics of customer service and how to operate meat cutting equipement
Cons: I'm just going to leave it at it was not for me
The most common day at Winn-Dixie would start off with a depressed group of employees standing in a group staring at the isle and waiting for someone so either walk by and ask for something or wait until a manager says something. This would normally be followed by long lists of work give to each individual that honestly should have been given to 3 people if the job was ever expected to be finished properly. Finally when the day comes to a close it is a mad dash of bad management and uninspired employees to get the job semi done and we deal with the rest the next day.
Easy to grasp tasks with moderate effort to complete
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Tasks were easy to understand
Cons: Work not always worth the money earned
A typical day at work begins with taking merchandise from the back room and presenting them all over the store in a timely and neat manner. Once the store is addressed properly we were to sign out and leave.
what i have learned
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Covington, LAMay 22, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on your tickets
i learned to stock the shelf in the store. howto talk to the customers.
i would take product from the backroom and restock the shelf.
Loved working here.
Cashier (Former Employee), Gulfport, MsMay 22, 2015
Pros: Nice hours.
Cons: None
The work day would start like any other day but always end with something super funny happening. One time on Halloween a man came in dressed in a hula skirt and coconut bra and had me ring his items up. I thought Id die laughing!! The people are awesome and the managers are awesome and understanding.
This company strived to provide excellent quality.
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee), Ooltewah, TNMay 22, 2015
Many different departments to work in made this a very enjoyable job and the management and co-workers were excellent. I worked several departments during my employment such as seafood, deli, HBA, cashier and photo lab. The hardest part of the job was having customers who were not satisfied even when we put all effort into resolving an issue.
It was an okay job
Bagger (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2015
The typical day at work was alright. I've learned how to pack groceries properly, the procedures of cleaning store's restrooms, and how to provide outstanding customer service. I was pretty cool with management I never had a problem out of them the same with my co- workers. I've never had difficulities with this job, but the fact that I didn't like the hours I've worked.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: none
cashier customer service returns lotto answering phone calls stocking shelves front facing products getting carts helping customers find items located in the store
Customer friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), New Roads, LAMay 20, 2015
A great job for a student or teenager. Working here helps with communication skills. My co-workers were always great and helpful.
Part Time Pricing Associate
Part Time Pricing Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Extra Hours when I could Get Them
Cons: When being part time, not enough pay to get health care options.
A Typical day at Work includes taking down the Old ad, and putting up the New Ad for the rest of the Week. Special Promotions will have to be displayed as well as 3 day promos and Make a Meal plus putting up Buy One Item get the second Item for free deals. Depending on the ad, and how many items were added to it, would sometimes be a twelve hour shift. On our regular shifts we would work about 8 to 9 hours shifts. That also included making sure that all of the signs were up as well. End Caps, Displays, Pallets, and Promo Ads.
productive, freindly workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: getting paid every week
Cons: only having a lunch break
a typical day at Winn-Dixie is quite entertaining working with all the different customers. what I learned is to always ask everybody for I'd. they are helpful but could do better in management. A lot of them are easy going and some can be quite helpful. the hardest part of the job is-------. the most enjoyable part is seeing happy customers .

1 2 3 4 5

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more

Winn Dixie Salaries