Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 3,295 reviews matching the search
Typical work day
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJanuary 16, 2017
One of the main reasons I am not currently employed with this store anymore is because I was not scheduled throughout the weekdays only the weekend nights. My hours were not flexible as I thought they would be so I did not have a job and life balance.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hours
A foot in the door.
Floral lead (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I worked for winn-dixie for many years, the management is always bad and rarely you find one fair and honest manager that wants to see employees grow. Regardless of how many 12-hour shifts i pulled or how hard i worked, i never received one word of gratitude, the co-workers were more helpful/ respectful/ and kind then any of the managers including from cooperate. I highly recommenced not looking for a career in this company, the benifits they give you are horrible, i was paying $100 a month for my health insurance alone and it barely covered anything.
Pros
job stability, work experience
Cons
management, work, benefits, no respect
Good People
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ALJanuary 16, 2017
Good people to work with; although Management seems to just be winging it most of the time. If you're a bagger, expect to do any and everything except bagging. Most days consist of cleaning the women's bathroom or getting buggies and cleaning up spills or sweeping and spot mopping the entire store. As a cashier, it can sometimes be extremely boring as not many people come into the store. The managers are really nice; unfortunately, they aren't the best at their jobs and the store director tends to mostly stand around the store or breakrooms most days.
Pros
a whole 5% off of all your Winn-Dixie purchases
Cons
Awful work hour, mismanagement, very little chance to move up
Great place with great break rooms
Cashier/Customer Service,scanning,hbc cleck (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Customer service checked out groceries,took cash,checks,traveler checks,bagged the groceries.ordered hBC/housewares stocked items. Made during at time fresh orange juice and peanut butter. Price changes made sure they were done. Jobs were not hard at all when you love doing and working with the public.
Pros
Great bonus
Cons
No cons except they closed all the stores in nc and sc
It was interesting.
Pharmacy Accounting Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2017
It was fast paced and interesting work. I enjoyed the pay and benefits and the nature of the type of work I was doing. They provided an employee cafeteria and the food was good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Upper management structure of department not good.
job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJanuary 16, 2017
it is an okay job, supplier was not always available. management did seem to care a little bit. staffing was short and customers got irritated quickly
winn dixie
Front-End Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2017
management is very bias.
hours are pretty good.
the best thing about the job is the customers.
the pay is not reasonable and i recommend this to be second job.
Pros
customers
Cons
everything else
Winndixie
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 15, 2017
I learned a lot working at winndixie, The most enjoyable part of working there was when you were able to help a customer and make there day easier. The hard part could be standing all day and not much AC
Good first job to have
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAJanuary 14, 2017
The job is fun, but monotonous in principle. Those in management supervised the cashiers that work long shifts of constant customer service. The job is fulfilling and pays well, but can be a drag at certain instances.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Short breaks
Fun, customer focused environment.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at work for me included bagging groceries for customers as well as operating the cash register on occasion. This was my first real job, as I was in high school during my tenure here. Taught me how to interact with and service customers and stock inventory in the grocery store. The hardest part of this job was dealing with difficult customers yet working with customers was also the most enjoyable part.
Great customers
Cashier Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2017
working at wnndixie taught me to be kind and have lots of patience.
The management was okay. the manager does listen to what you need and he will work around your schedule.
Pros
sale on food
Cons
no benefits and no raise
Lazy management, and poor work ethic.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day for me was ok, the job was straight forward. In terms of co-workers you would find yourself displeased at the behavior of a lot of the desk workers and their ethics and morals as an individual. My experience has led me to the idea of never working in a grocery store again.
On a side note customers seemed to really like me, so the relationship I had with my regulars helped me through the day.
Pros
You can get away with acting like a juvenile.
Cons
No chance of a raise, and management would often not follow through with
First Job
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 12, 2017
First job It was great for high school left to finish school management was good not much of a work life balance due to working at night best thing was helping people
It was a very fun place to work.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Very nice environment! Making sure that the customers are being helped, feeling welcomed and happy,
Concentrating on how organizing the day. Very productive and fun place to work.
One of the worst places I have ever worked
Cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Winn Dixie was where I started out when I moved to Florida, while in the interview the store manager treated the store as if it were always on lockdown. My mother worked there previously and said they pushed talking to the customers to create a better relationship with them. While I was working there, they told us not to hold up the line or conversate with our customers. In fact they actually gave us phrases to say that was more indirect so the customers didn't have anything to reply to.
Pros
10% employee discount, break room with fresh fruit.
Cons
Not very many hours, barely liveable wages, very hot uniforms, socks HAVE to be black or you WILL get a write up, not very friendly managers/supervisors.
Great work climate with supervision that takes pride in the store
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJanuary 12, 2017
A great company that has a good training program and management to follow up on employees. Very enjoyable greeting and talking with customers.The holidays could become a bit trying with the rush of customers.My co-workers were pleasant and caring.
Pros
Work with and for great people
Cons
very warm in summer
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Nice for a starter job while still in high school. Nothing too hard. It's a friendly work environment & multiple stuff to learn than just being on the cash register.
Pros
friendly environment
Fun place
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJanuary 11, 2017
This I enjoyed a lot as my first job and was offered many chance to grow but decided to pursue school instead. I left for other opportunites, but do not regret working there and being part of a great team.
Pros
Environment amazing/ advancement
Cons
Short Breaks, Variable Scedule
Greeting Guest, cutting meats and Cleaning
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Opa-locka, FLJanuary 11, 2017
This is a great place to work there alot to learn in winn dixie you even meet wonderful people that share some of there shopping experience and others life's journey, there can be some stressful days at work also like on super busy days with not much of associates help and dis-respectfulness that come from some guest.
Good Job with Wonderful People
cashier (Former Employee) –  Houghton, MIJanuary 10, 2017
i would come in and open the doors to the mall and clean up the displays from the night before making sure the color wheel was in order. I really took pride in my work
Pros
great understanding staff, awesome lunch room.
Cons
the management was harsh and unmoving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.