Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 3,186 reviews matching the search
too demanding for what a relative easy job could be
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2016
A typical day is simple and uneventful it is a great job for a first time but if you truly want to gain money and get ahead in life with promotions and raises i do not advice it for you.
Pros
easy, clean, simple
Cons
short breaks, sometimes too hastening
Perfect job for those in high school
Front End Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLJuly 2, 2016
As an adult, I would say it's not the job for me anymore. There was a point however, that this job was a perfect fit for me. The schedule is completely flexible which is perfect for those still in school. The pay always hovers around minimum wage, with very small pay bumps every year you work there (10-20cents/hr). That doesn't really make a difference though when you've worked there for four years and then realize that those people getting hired right now are making the exact same pay. On a good note, it is pretty easy to advance in the workplace there. Any given person can work in almost any area of the store. The last thing I will say is that Winn-Dixie used to care a lot more about their employees than they do now. This became very evident when they cut part time hours to no more than 25 per week because they knew that if someone worked more than 30, they would have to give them benefits. It's when I went from 39 hours a week down to 25, that I had to either find a better paying job, or work two jobs to make up for the wages they took away from me. This is just your every-day minimum wage job with a high turnover rate.
Pros
easy advancement
Cons
low pay, bad benefits
Flexible Hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 2, 2016
This Job is great for high school students or even college students trying to make a few extra bucks to pay a cellphone or buy some new kicks. Typical day is very busy and demanding i learned to always agree with the customers and never to argue, The management at my store are lazy and disrespectful but i stay until i can find another job worth keeping, My co workers cant be blamed because they dont have leaders beside myself role modeling right from wrong. The hardest part of my job is to see workers slacking off because they are lazy so the workload is placed on the worker that do what is required. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that payday is every week.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks and standing on your feet for hours
Good team work and approachable management
Associate/Supervisor-in-training (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2016
Poor employee morale. Great co-workers. Good hours. Worked in grocery department stocking shelves and assisting customers. Trained as manager but was not compensated for promotion.
Pros
appproachable management, great team members
Cons
lack of benefits
Productive Work Enviorment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 1, 2016
A typical day at work would start off by clocking in at the time clock and checking in on the register setting up grocery bags checking the trash and making sure your line is clean. Then if a customer shows up you greet the customer with a warm hello or by asking how are they today or asking how has their day been. In my time with Winn-Dixie I can say that I've added to my customer service experience dealing with an array of multiple personalities and different complex individuals. Management was friendly and courteous, Coworkers were great people easy to work with and get along with. The job wasn't hard at all very easy tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to different people helping them making them smile and welcoming them to come back.
Pros
Free food in the break room
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Dont recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
They dont care or appreciate their employees. Never have us on a set schedule and are always mixing our days and hours up. You never get to reach an exact amount of hours due to the cause that they hire new employees on a weekly basis and end up giving their older ones the least amount of hours. They also never give you any opportunities to move up or give any raises.
Only recommend for first timme job oppurtunity
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 4, 2016
Winn Dixie Can Be An Amazing Place to Work, this Review is just my personal experience at the Winn Dixie On East Hallandale Beach In Florida. My experience wasn't so great, I put in a lot of time and intense effort into this job. it was amazing at first but the management was constantly changing, and when it came to emergencies even with hospital, and doctors notes management is not very understanding. I eventually quit due to lack of integrity. Otherwise The Employees are wonderful eccentric people, they are very caring, and a huge family. The hardest part is the service desk the responsibility is greater, and the customers have less patience. The most enjoyable part is the co workers.
Easygoing workplace.
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 13, 2016
A typical day at work involved playful bantering with my coworkers as we get our share of work done. When I had this job I realized that I needed to develop better people skills for the future. The management was loose and fun, and they weren't too hard on you because they also were understanding of life outside of work. My coworkers made me not want to leave this job. The hardest part of this job was when someone called out on truck night, and the most enjoyable part was when everyone was smiling and getting along.
Pros
The option of a paid 15 minute break, or an unpaid 30 minute break.
Cons
There wasn't many of us on the stock crew
I'm always happy
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2016
My day at work always great whether i had to deal with rude customer or nice customer i always have a smile on my face so i can get my work done on time before i go home.
One thing i have learned about me is that no matter what happen to me at work i never over reacted.
The management in the job is perfect because i take care of my customer and when i see them in the store i recognized their face i greet them well.
My Co-worker like me because and i like them because we are a team who respect each other.
I don't think there's a hard part in the job even though it always busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is serving our customer and the sale because we won't have a lot of food to throw away when we're closing.
Pros
Good Personality
Cons
30 minutes break
A tight knit facility, where you will work hard everyday.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2016
Must be in decent physical shape but the pay will match the work. Dealing with management can be frustrating but overall it's a good working experience.
Pros
Financial Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Vacation Time and Management
Ever changing busy fast paced place to work
Service Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMay 29, 2016
Very fast paced keeps you moving. You develop long lasting relationships with customers which is good. I developed alot of close relationships with my staff and management. Company is very organized and listens to insight you have. The hardest part of job is we did not get alot hours to staff store at times and that would affect our customer service and staffing to stock trucks.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
barely get any breaks not able to have enough hours to get trucks done help customers
i enjoyed working there
Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27332November 25, 2016
Good place to work got a better perspective on budgeting and better customer service values. Good coworkers and management. Learning to deal with all kinds of people and being patient.
Pros
job security
Cons
working in cold environment
Loved my job here
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 8, 2016
I mostly worked evenings/nights. So I pretty much did all the clean up, I assisted some customers, sliced meat/cheese. Took orders for events and fundraisers. But I mostly was the cleaner at nights. If given the opportunity I would like to come work for Winn-Dixie again. Had to leave because my mother became ill.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
It was horrible
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLNovember 26, 2016
My manager hated me. I only got 4 hours a week (my last week i only worked 2 1/2 hours, no bueno). I worked there for around 7 months without getting any kind raise or more hours. Worst job I've worked so far.
horrible place to work!
Cashier/Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 1, 2016
Bad management and employee practices! lack of hours and lack of help.
Hours here were lacking and eventually became very low. The practices include :
employee favoritism, lack of help and lack of motivation, bad raises. Dead end job that leads nowhere.
Pros
Cons
lack of hours, bad management, lack of influential help
Over-worked and Underpaid
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32202December 7, 2016
The associates are nice to work with but, management has unrealistic expectations. The hours are few, and many workers are unhappy with the pay, and basically no benefits.
Don't have good benefits nor is a good place to work.
Dairy associate (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FL 32712August 18, 2016
I finish my work and they tell me to "find something to do" or to "act busy". The front end is very easy and you don't learn much you learn more in the deli department then up front. Management is very bad, has favorites and talks in condescending tones with inferior associates. Co-workers complain about management and some leave their post without saying anything and don't do great at their job. The hardest part of the job is doing all the work and having management and other associates just watching you struggle. The best part of the job is that there are some great co-workers that love to help and are kind.
Pros
They give you a break
Cons
short breaks, no free food, small discount.
Cashier Scanning per minute
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 26, 2016
A well-rounded company with great benefits. You must be full time employee. But good training assessment and OK pay. Management is acceptable could be better.
worst place to work
Florist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2016
They do not care about you. Cut hours often. Don't expect them to care if you work hard they just need warm bodies. Management don't talk to each other and they pay the least. The store is full of drama. they like hiring young people mainly.
Unprofessional workplace with unachievable goals
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLNovember 24, 2016
I was treated like they gave me adequate, professional and competent staff that was able to preform their jobs. Actually I was given warm bodies who were rejected from other inner store departments who could not be trained or refused to be trained. They continued to act unprofessional. They believed that because they were given a white jacket and title they had earned them. Impossible to achieve professional standards.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
Untrained and unprofessional staffing; Uncaring management at District and Store level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.