1,340 reviews

Winn Dixie Employer Reviews

friendly people
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 1, 2014
not much room for personal life and work schedule flexibility
very productive and customer service friendly place to work
Cashier/Bagger/Customer Service Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: stocking shelves and making aisles presentable anf neat for customers
Cons: not enough hours given
Working for Winn- Dixie is where I learned to be customer service friendly and to always put the customer first
good place if this is your very first job
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: 5 percent off on everything you buy
Cons: hours, everyone is part time unless you are in the front
Good place to work, managers are cool, work is fast paced, but it slows down.
Good place for a first job
Team Lead (Current Employee), Orange Beach, ALAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good first job
Cons: no hours no teamwork no morale
Its a good place for a first job no advancements unless you are real good friends with the managers. No advancements at your home store you can forget it they always hire outside the store. I've been here for 10 years and over looked every time because I'm well liked and not one of the managers favorites. It's okay for the teenagers but if you are trying – more... to make a living this is not the place for you unless you just need a job for some extra money. – less
Since buyout, cuts in payroll & expenditures became too extreme
STORE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), North Port, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good people working within the stores
Cons: end of day, it's all about money.
Without willingness to invest in payroll & equipment, standards will decrease.
good work environment
Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2014
management works with you on your needs if any. learned management skills here, started as stocker and moved up to management. very help full when moving up in company
Experience 2 years of Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 29, 2014
• Operate 7 office machines, such as cash register, photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Answer on average 30 telephone calls, direct calls, and take messages.
• Maintain and update 7 filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, both manually and electronically.
• Communicate with over 100 customers, – more... employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
• Receive approx. 500 payments per day by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Issue 500 receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers on a daily basis.
• Assist over 500 customers per day by providing information and resolving their complaints.
• Establish and identify prices of over 100 goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
• Greet at least 500 customers entering establishments per day to increase customer experience
• High customer interaction and engagement by providing information on procedures or policies. – less
Productive workplace basing its goal on sales
Seafood Associate (Former Employee), Cooper City, FLAugust 29, 2014
• Build department sales by assisting customers with their questions and purchases.
• Package and price products.
• Prepare products for the next day.
• Rotate products to ensure freshness.
• Clean and sanitize department including equipment, work areas and service areas.
• Follow safe food handling and personal hygiene practices.
guest service
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2014
• Ensure that the service standards are met and that customer issues are resolved.
• Train, supervise, oversee, and manage front end associates and ensure they comply with operating policies and procedures of the company.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing company standards and assess store conditions and customer service levels.
 – more... Deals with Western Union, Lotto, and refunds.
• Ordering cigarettes and candy.
• Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of work shifts. – less
Deli/ Bakery manager (Former Employee), Conyers, GAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, gift certificates
When I worked here I learned a lot. I was train in every department from cashier to grocery. If we would have stayed open I would have been a store manager, but instead I continue to help my superivsor. I was in charge to make sure all stores in the deli/ bakery were following the sales ads, have the right product, inventory was good and not exceeding – more... cost, helping employees move up with in the company. – less
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Land O LakesAugust 28, 2014
I love working for this company and my managers are very clear on their demands from us. I liked their flexibility with my school schedule.
Greeting customers as they walk in the door and assisting them in finding everything they need while providing a fast and friendly check out experience.
My co-workers were easy to get along with and ready to help – more... if I needed assistance.
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping people save money on both their groceries and on the fuel. – less
You couldn't pay me enough to want to go back and work for them again
Store Director (Former Employee), FloridaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: they operate stores in the south where it is warm
Cons: poor senior leadership, no work/life balance, terrible culture, constance threats against your job
When you go to work for WD, you sell your life and your soul to the company. If you like 17 hour work days, no work/life balance and an out of touch senior management team then this is the place for you!
You will be constantly told as a salaried manager that you have to work the extra hours to make up for the fact that the part time people only are – more... allowed to work 24 hours a week.
You will be told several times a week that you will be replaced with someone else who will do the job, and they have those replacement managers on stand by. Ever see all the postings for store manager? That is because they have replacement managers waiting for the day you are fired and they just continue to hire more and more managers.
For a company that is closing stores and has lost money year after year, why would they continue to hire store managers? Because, the senior leadership likes to make poor decisions and then when things go from bad to worse, the blame falls on the store managers and in turn the senior leadership fires the store managers.
Don't ever plan on being able to attend to the needs of your store, you will be too busy on conference calls, in district meetings, on webinars and away at corporate meetings more than you will be in your store.
WD also has some of the most laughable HR policies when it comes to your employees. Such as, if they don't want to come to work, then so be it, they must have 11 attendance issues before you can even mention to them that they have missed work. WD values the part time employee more than the management teams and requires no work from the part time staff. Just try and get a part time person to do their job, the HR response will be, "well , they are only part time and we can't expect them to really do any work." – less
great advancement opportunities
SERVICE AREA MANAGER (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: pay, excitement
Cons: long hours, bad benefits
Winn Dixie is a company to grow with, would be better if there were better long term benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 26, 2014
I help and take care of customers. I make sure customer has every thing they need or want.
had a family enviorment between coworkers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: poor company management
My hours were great, had a great store manager to teach me a lot. the company as a whole after my first tenure with them went down fast.
Fast paced environment; working along those in my age group.
Cashier/Self Checkout Attendant/Bagger (Current Employee), Auburn, ALAugust 24, 2014
Working at Winn-Dixie has been very eventful. Just like any other job, there are pros and cons. Overall, I am enjoying my time here.
Fun & Enjoying
Duties Cashier (Former Employee), Danville,VaAugust 22, 2014
Had an wonderful time working for this location where i can learn about different things
It was nice walking around the store, meeting people and passing out food samples.
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 21, 2014
Pros: in store discounts
Cons: i wasn't scheduled enough hours. pay wasn't great either
I didn't really learn anything because what I was doing there I already knew how to do.. I would prepare cook and serv food to customers. I would also slice deli meats and cheeses for customers.
Enjoyed training, and developing department managers
Fresh Check Auditor / Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2014
• Reviewed financial statements, sales and activity reports, to measure productivity. .
• Established and implemented departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
• Investigated and resolved complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
• Scheduled staff hours and assigned duties
good work
Dairy Stocker (Current Employee), Seminole, FLAugust 21, 2014
it an okay place to work at.
good managers they help with work ethic

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more