Winn Dixie Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,020 reviews matching the search
Fair company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 7, 2016
I have worked for Winn Dixie for a long time and since the last buy out it has gone through some major changes. Hours started getting cut though the customers like having lower prices they do not like not seeing a full staff working. The company Southeastern Grocers have made many changes that is affecting the morale of the stores work staff. The management would love to give more hours but the heads say no because of building the bottom line for each store and the other two chains they own. Winn Dixie use to be a thriving company and has lost its appear through the years after the family sold the company and was bought out three times and changed CEO's in the past twenty or more years since the original buy out. The store I work at is nice a big just not the same and the managers are nice though they try their best to help those who did the help.
Pros
Customers smiling faces and the people I enjoy working with each day.
Cons
Not always having a bagger and getting hours cut with expecting us to push too hard.
Good work environment
Co-Director (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 6, 2016
Work closely with customers and associates. I work daily hands on in the grocery dept. reviewing stock levels and controlling back stock conditions. I have learned a lot with this company and still learn on a daily basis. This company has each employee do training daily computer based which only takes a few minutes.
Mostly enjoy the guest we have at our location they like to feel like your friend and most give hugs and handshakes. Hardest part of the job is making time for the tasks needed as well as making time for each associate that requests my time (which can be the best part of the day).
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34482May 7, 2016
I served as a cashier handling payments from customers making purchases for goods and supplies. I was responsible for processing returns and exchanges of merchandise or processing credits. I was authorized to handle cash, credit cards and other types of payments from customers.

I was responsible for counting money from my register along with counting other cashier’s registers at the beginning and end of their shift. Other duties not directly related to sales and customer service included mopping floors, taking out the trash and general custodial tasks. I was also responsible for stocking shelves or marking prices on store items and using hand scanners for inventory.
Pros
Learn great customer skills
Cons
fluctuating schedule
Decent Beginner's Job
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 27, 2016
Deli Associate was not my first choice, but I was glad I accepted the position. It was fast-paced, kept me thinking, and was regularly challenging to meet and supply to new customer's demands as the business improved. The management was not the most involved, but they did mean well and allowed me to learn self-reliance and confidence. Most of the coworkers I began with were gone by my leaving, though I had trained the newer staff and they were in good hands. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to have been my regular customers, or the customers in general. Many of them were very kind during my training and became regulars and friends, even those only visiting for the seasons.
Pros
Discounted Groceries
Cons
Short/No breaks, poor scheduling (many mis-scheduled days), unreliable coworkers
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LANovember 2, 2015
Pay was good at the time, good work environment. Did not take a long time to get my first raise. The management was very good when I worked there.
nice place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLAugust 18, 2016
I worked in the afternoon I cooked you the products that was schedule made up sandwich and cleaned up the deli on daily bases. I learned customer service and speed. My management was ok I loved my coworker we worked as a team we got things done, The hardest part of this job was when you try to close the deli, it close at 10 so around 8 we start to close down plus serve the customers that was hard some days we didn't get out till 11pm. The joy of the job is meeting the customers we had our regulars and the my coworkers
Pros
learning a new work tast
Cons
dealing with the drama once in a while
Productive Workplace with a Decent Atmosphere
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Monticello, FLJune 4, 2016
I can say that Winn-Dixie is a great place to start off working. There are a few friendly and nice coworkers. The atmosphere is okay, but the managers and co-workers should take the time out to get to know customers more. There is no hardest part at my job. I can say that I am ok with the job task that are provided. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure customers are satisfied and okay with any and everything. Also, delivering great customer service to each and everyone.
Pros
Understanding with schedules
Cons
No Benefits and Opportunities. Hour Cuts
Under appreciated
Seafood Associate (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 31, 2016
I never had an issue with the management, they were always good people and worked hard. My only issue was in the pay. The difference in pay between a bagger and an associate solo operating a department was only five cents more per hour. This felt like the work done to keep a department up to standard was under appreciated.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Under paid
Good experience working with the general public
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 1, 2015
The shifts were usually from 7 to 8 hours with a 30 minute break. I had to do various jobs such as cashiering, single-handedly running self-checkout, customer service, gathering carts from the parking lot, cleaning the bathrooms and directing customers to certain products in the store. I learned how to work with people of different ages and personality types. The hardest part of the job was the rude customers but in the two years I worked there I learned how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I did my best and seeing the look of satisfaction on a customer's face.
Pros
30 minute breaks, understanding managers and raises.
Cons
Certain customers
Work Life at Winn-Dixie
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLMarch 22, 2016
I come in at nights normally from 12am-6am working the nighshift unpacking boxes and stocking the shelves quickly and efficiently, it was an ok job and I met some nice people but ultimately I wasnt going anywhere over the course of two years I worked there and it was made aparent to me when a management position was handed off to someone else who never worked at a store before.
Pros
It was a paying job that I needed for my school tuition
Cons
Inconvenient work times, hostile work environment, ill efficient management
Would rather work somewhere else that pays more money.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2015
Company cuts hours regularly. I need a job that I can maintain at least 35 hours per week in order to meet my obligations. I support not only myself but a disabled adult child. I am the only source of income for the household.
Pros
Cons
short breaks; no health insurance or benefits for part time.
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
A typical day at Winn Dixie is usually very productive. Many familiar faces, eventually you learn certain customer's likes and dislikes. Management is decent, they're usually on top of things. The co-workers are great, we work as a team to get things done. The hardest part would probably have to be, taking care of an angry customer and trying to turn a negative experience into a positive one. The most enjoyable part is seeing customers leave the store satisfied with their experience, and knowing that you made it happen.
Funny place to work YES funny
Customer Service/Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 2, 2016
This was the easiest job to work as a cashier, I had perfect hours, met some awesome customer service managers, met a variety of people. They don't pay enough for all that they want you to do, I was not given my correct pay after informing the front end manager repeatedly that my pay was incorrect. I think advancement is easy, if you do your work and work hard, which is not a problem. But pay employees what's owed so you can get and keep awesome, loyal workers.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
not truthful about pay/store manager
the job was good, learned to use a lot of equipment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 10, 2015
Good work place, some bad management. The pay was good, very cold, terrible workers compensation once you get hurt they find any reason to fire you to prevent a lawsuit.
Pros
work at night, good pay
Cons
bad management
great working with the public
Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2015
Enjoy working in retail, greeting customers as they come in to shop, stocking shelves,Assisting customers to the location of an item they are inquiring on. my favorite position was pricing manager,the responseablity I had. my task were receiving venders, changing out the add of the week. Also to change out the old shelf tags to the new price shelf tags.
Pros
satisfactory work
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Great employers and managers; a place for high school students
Cashier/Pricing/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 13, 2016
I start work at 5 am in morning and I start taking down prices that have expired, and I start putting up prices that are for next week Ad. I work until 12 pm and I take a 30 minute lunch break with my manager in that department, who I became great friends with enjoy her company. She is a wonderful employer and positive person to be around. Once our lunch break is over we continue to finish up pricing and then we work on other things that are similar to what we were working on that morning. On Thursday and every other Saturday I work receiving (the back door) and I check in vendors like Coke, Crescent Crown, Southern Eagle, New Orleans Fish House, etc. I work with the manager in that department and she also a wonderful and great person to be around. She has an outgoing personality and we are always laughing and just having a good time when in each others company. I enjoy the company of all the employers at Winn Dixie. The job that I do is not hard but I is quit tiring.
Pros
Free coffee, lunches from the company, holiday percentage off purchases
Cons
Not enough hours
Winn Dixie on a day to day basis
Customer Service Night Lead (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2016
 Oversee proper opening and closing of store, and accurate reconciliation of monetary transactions during shift, with processing of discrepancies according to company policies and procedures
 Provide outstanding customer service by paying close attention to customer needs; educating customers on self-checkouts, and extending warm and friendly welcome and assistance
 Ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution to customer issues and complaints within company guidelines
Don't work here, save your soul while you can.
customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, FLDecember 30, 2015
Working at Winn Dixie was supposed to be a little part time job I had while in college, turned out to be one of the worst experiences of my life (aside from meeting new people who also feel the same about it that worked with me)
Let's just start out by saying the management here is awful, run by someone who married their way to the top. Management is useless, the only way to move up is to be equally as useless. Slackers are rewarded, while hard workers get treated like scum. They play favorites, and one day they are nice to you the next day you no longer exist.
Second, the benefits and pay clearly lack. People will work so hard to further themselves and still be looked down upon by management and even upper level service associates or leads who like to think they are just as high as management. No pay raises, and might I just add what is even considered a benefit for working at Winn Dixie? Oh nice 5% employee discount.. thanks! :)
Third, the drama. Never once have I had drama like this in my life, every week their is a new story or new gossip to be spread. It's like they have nothing better to do with their lives than to personally victimize every employee in the store with lies and rumors. Power thirsty people will take it to a new extreme and create hostile work environments and use it against someone they may not favor or have a personal relationship with. Certain lead associates that will remain nameless will even use that power to cut your hours, if they are chosen to make the schedule. This can not only affect your mood and well being but also affect the weekly paycheck
  more... you receive. Another example of drama here is management telling what should be confidential information regarding the personal situations of employees, to other employees.
Last but not least, some of the people that come in Winn Dixie are the most awful, disgusting, impatient, rude, and impolite people you will ever see. There has been several occasions of being creeped on, talked inappropriately to, and put in several uncomfortable situations here at Winn Dixie.
Working here will really change your perspective on a lot of things, but you may meet a lot of other great associates or even managers. Maybe the reason for bad experience is the place and time I worked for the company, maybe others will have better luck.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
It was a good part-time college job to have.
Bakery Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 7, 2016
Working in the bakery department was a good experience. I would arrive at work around 11am and work until 830pm. I helped bake pastries and other baked goods for the day, answered customers questions, and kept everything clean and organized throughout the day. I was involved in some of the advertising for our store. My managers and co-workers were all very professional, and critical when they needed to be. The hardest part of the job was working on the middle of the day shift.
Pros
Positive enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Productive workplace with a very positive atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJune 22, 2015
It is a pleasant place to work at. Everyday consists of performing multiple tasks: testing earned skills, helping others and providing great customer service. Working at Winn Dixie helped me get more experience in communicating with different people, coping with the work tasks, working for the benefit of other people who seek help and the society in general. My co-workers and me got along very well, some of them are still in good contact with me. Supervisors provided excellent customer service what made them a good example for other employees to look up to. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it got complicated and stressful. That's the time for showing all of the learned skills and experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.