Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 3,945 reviews matching the search
n/a
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  High Springs, FLJuly 12, 2017
I loved working at Winn Dixie, I was very young, but enjoyed meeting and talking with different people. I learned how to decorate cakes and cupcakes. the most enjoyable thing I liked about Winn Dixie is just the people
Worked in management in every department in food retail.
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 12, 2017
Loved working for Winn Dixie. Very fair company to work for. Offers full benefits, always advancements to be made, and bonus checks are nice to receive. Management was always very fair.
Pros
Loved being in management and working with people. Great benefits and bonuses.
Cons
Stressful at times, lots of work to be done.
Productive Workplace
Sales Assocate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 12, 2017
Loved working at the liquor store, suggesting liquors to customers and being to interact with customers makes the job fun. I learned alot about inventory at this job.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
day goes by to fast
Good Place To Work Thr
Cashier/Customer Service And Stock (Former Employee) –  LonhfJuly 12, 2017
Good Place To Start Working. At When You A Teen.If You Dont Have To Mant Bills To Pay. You Will Have To Pull Aleast 48hrs To See A Good Check.Other Than The Pay. Its A Good Place To Work.
Pros
Free lunch Sometime
Cons
15min
great place to work
Asst. Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 12, 2017
My first job. This was a great job, upon graduating from school I accepted a full time position. The manager I worked for was a stern but fair manager. I learned a lot from respect in the work place to how to have a great work ethic. They offered on the job training with mentoring an face to face interaction. Today in the work force what you get for on the training is a learning center course or computer based training. This is what is wrong with customer service today.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, FLJuly 11, 2017
I worked as cashier, how to manage money, how to bring good customer service and etc. The management was not so great, I've had customers complain to me about the managements.
This was my first job and I hope that going forward in my career search I find that other companies can match the same standards that this company has
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLJuly 11, 2017
I worked at a Winn Dixie grocery store as a courtesy clerk. I pushed carts and bagged groceries and assisted customers. Winn Dixie is a great company.
Fast paced cashier
Casher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 11, 2017
The job itself was ok, poor management running the store. I would clock in count my drawer, go to my station, clean it before and after a shift. Greet customers upon entering the store, ring up customers assist the customers finding what they needed. cash them out and as for repeat business. Hardest part was never having enough hours to pay house bills, most enjoyable parts was getting to know the regulars and interacting with them,
Pros
job itself was good
Cons
Never enough hrs
Provides a holiday dinner at Thanksgiving.
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 11, 2017
Winn Dixie is a fast paced but, also a relaxed pace at times. Management staff is friendly and helpful. Employees are knowlegable and friendly. Very busy holidays.
Fun Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2017
The pay is low, but it a flexible place to work. It is good for students. The offer part-time and full time positions. Full time associates get health care, dental, and vision.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low pay rate
A job
State Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 10, 2017
its a job that's easy to get in to but hard to get out. minimal advancement hardly any benefits. horrible pay and long hours.

The best thing about the job is casually seeing some of the same customers a the time. Many are recurring. Its nice developing relationships with them
Pros
sometimes able to choose window hours, discounts
Cons
healthcare, long hours, pay
productive great place to work. understands that education is the key to improving one's self
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work might be described as fun and energetic. I learned to always put the customers first and always be ideal when choosing the freshest products to distribute.The managers are really encouraging. They really believed that school was important in order for their employees to have a better life. The work place culture is pretty diverse. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is done in an exceptional standard. The most enjoyable part is making sure everyone is satisfied and each person is left with a smile on his or her face.
Pros
encouraging free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Not Bad
Center Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, FLJuly 10, 2017
Working at Winn-Dixie wasn't bad. I have gone back on a couple of occasions for various reasons. I'm not a fan of how they run the company at all. The only way you move up is if you know the right people. Not if you work hard.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Horrible Management
No hours
cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALJuly 10, 2017
the manager hired around 7 new people around the time I was hired , there were little hours to give to everyone so I had like 18 hours a week. Therefore, working for Winn- Dixie is not a place I would recommend for someone to work that has bills to pay.
Mixed Reviews
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2017
My Winn Dixie location was new, clean, and relatively well liked by customers, however, I found some issues. The management in general was slack on areas of greater importance, yet contrasting that with a strict attitude towards items of least importance (for example, chastising a cashier for not properly circling a receipt, but ignoring allegations of theft of company merchandise by one employee of another).
One item that struck me as unwholesome was that when lesser paid employees were transferred to another department within the store, particularly if that employee were a minor, a corresponding increase in pay did not follow. To me, it is unjust to transfer an employee to a higher-paying position, but not increase their pay to fit that new position. Instead, these minors are left in the computer system as still being in their original, lesser paid position.
A good place
Assistant Meat Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLJuly 9, 2017
Management is good, the work is good. Corporate can be a pain sometimes. But they are not too bad. Customers can be nice, but sometimes they can be really rude as well.
Pros
good management
Cons
corporate makes a lot of changes
Nice place to work
Vendor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa floridaJuly 9, 2017
I have worked for Winn Dixie for all my job history. I loved doing my job. But the company downsized so after 26 years I was laid off. Then I was given a nother job at less pay to get a pay check
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
No breaks, no help
Great Introduction to Customer Service
Produce Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, FLJuly 9, 2017
Effectively use time management, and Always engage with customers . Familiarize your self with product knowledge , and a positive forward moving attitude.
Pros
Working with All Products
Cons
Lack of Advancements
N/a
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2017
I enjoy working there, I love all my customers and my co-workers. Management definitely needs some work. They are rude to customers and treat the employees bad.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Key Largo, FLJuly 8, 2017
love to see when i have customers that come in ask me about the sale that having in that week.. i just love to help them i aslo loved that we got paid every week on. winni dixie is a very good place to work you get to see diffrenet peoples every day smile in be happy for the customer coming in to keep you busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.