Winn Dixie
1,728 reviews

Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

fun part time job
Customer Service (Former Employee), miami lakes flApril 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: low pay
this job has a lot of different things you can do, if you show your managers that you are flexible to learn, they will be very great full, but remember what you are getting paid. its a fun job to do for a little while if you don't mind the work times and the low pay. but it is stress free work place
A pleasent and friendly work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Wonderful work hours
Cons: I have no complaints
I worked the morning shift , had good relationships with management and coworkers. It was sad to learn at the last moment that the store was closing. I got to know regular customers.
it was alright
Team Member (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 27, 2015
is great company to work for. Managers are good team players, Tasks are ready for me, once it is time to clock in. There is always tasks to do, once your duties are completed.
worked different departments
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSApril 26, 2015
Pros: being able to eat lunch next door
Cons: good health benfits
I liked serving our customers
I learned how to be flexible within the company
the hardest part sometimes was the cleaning
Its very easy and simple as a whole.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good experience for other customer assistances jobs
Cons: Short breaks, low pay
Its mostly a linear process that has you doing the same thing over and over every day. The only time you will encounter any difficulty is when its really hot or the store is really busy which makes gathering the carts a hassle, But even under the worst conditions the labor is not physically demanding to the point it detracts from the quality of the job.
Friendly and very helpful
Cashier (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 25, 2015
Each day I work I always smile no matter what my day is like.
I've learned to always be truthful and supporter to my guess.
I manage my attitude and never let anyone cause me to be negative.
My co-workers love me because I'm full of laugher and helpful to them.
The most enjoyable part about my job is that I make sure that everyone get what they need and they are well satisfied.
Great people but not so great company
Cashier (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: Low advancements in store, low pay, Lazy workers, Disgusting workplaces
I've worked at the company for months and noticed that the employees do not enjoy the company. I've talked to them and they all said that they do not get enough pay for their hard work.Even the managers said that.The people are fantastic to be with but most of the workers wish they could be somewhere else. I've noticed a pest problem with rats in my store and I cannot handle. The managers don't do anything to the situation and the problem has grown to the deli departments. The managers are lazy but they care about their employees.
Customer SErvice
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus gaApril 24, 2015
Pros: raises after 3mths
Cons: N/A
This job required you to clock in and make sure the customers were taking care of. I enjoyed working there because i was able to interact with customers and make sure there were taking care of.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 24, 2015
Nice Job to have. Wish I had an opportunity to get Certification but other than that, its a Nice job to have to make money to pay your bills.
great company to work for
Local Truck Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: good trucks
Cons: little down time
management was friendly and the dispatchers was great and the pay was above average, supervisors were fantastic.company is a good working enviroment
GREAT
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2015
GREAT COMPANY,PAY IS GOOD, MANAGEMENT WAS GOOD WHEN I WAS THERE LOVE THAT PLACE,TRIPS WAS GREAT CO-WORKERS WAS FUN TO WORK WITH AND THE CUSTOMERS WAS GREAT TO SERVICE
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2015
I had the displeasure of working for Winn Dixie for 4 years. It is a terrible company to work for, management is terrible and the pay rates suck, no adult could survive off of what Winn Dixie pays their employees.
Not a bad place, not a GREAT place either
Associate (Current Employee), St. PetersburgApril 21, 2015
Pros: automatic raise increases
Cons: not likely for furthing career
I believe this place is just a job. I don't see myself moving any further with this company. I do enjoy the people I work with and the customers. The management team isn't the worst either.
Trying differant product, to sample
Deli/Bakery Associate (Current Employee), Brandon, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Trying differant product in the deli
Cons: Short luches
Working for Winn Dixie. I have learn a lot, being a coworker for Winn Dixie. Coming in for checking all expired dates. helping customers with assistance. Preparing the hot menu, also the cold menu. The things I learned while working for Winn Dixie is. Working at a fast pace, learning different types for meat, salads sandwiches, cheese, and learning to work with others. Our managers are arguably, one of the best managers in the area. They are very helpful, reliable, caring, and very nice. Our co-workers are some of the nicest people I have ever met. The most important thing I co-workers do is, we work together as a team, and always looking to help. The hardest part of the job is. Making sure all customers are 100% percent satisfied with us, and will continue to come back. And the most enjoyable part of the job is also the customers. Getting to know about the customers. In my opinion is a great feeling for me.
An okay place to work
Service Lead (Current Employee), Riverview, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: 5% off most purchases, fun place to work sometimes
Cons: terrible coverage for health care.
I would open the store and reconcile tills before the store opens to the public. Not a very good place to work if you cant handle a large workload. The hardest part is standing all day and the most enjoyable part is having fun with regular customers.
Easy going workplace.
cashier (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALApril 20, 2015
Pros: Easy closings and Lengthy lunches.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and you could always ask for help if it was needed. Hardest part of the job is keeping up at rush hour at check out, making sure you could help customers in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my day was when the customers I had come to learn would visit and ask how I was doing.
A clean work environment
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLApril 20, 2015
cart loading and retrieval, bagging groceries, customer service assistance, stocking,................................................
Terrible employee satisfaction
In-Store Coordinator (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSApril 19, 2015
While I did enjoy my customers and many of the people I worked with, this company has taken a fall for the worse. There is little to no employee appreciation. Employee benefits are not good. The pay that is given, does not match the many requirements of employees.
Not organized
Front end manager (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALApril 19, 2015
Balancing cash office, managing cashiers
Computer program for entering all cash and sales
Poor management
Some co-worker were great and did there job well others didn't follow directions
Getting some employees to do there jobs correctly
Working with managment
I absolutely loved working for Winn Dixie.
Deli/Bakery Asst. Mgr (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Very Nice Co workers and peacefull environment to work in.
Cons: Being in charge is a big responsibilty.
I got to work at six every morning and cooked breads and other bakery items and then around nine I went over to the deli and I prepared the hotline for the lunch customers..I was in charge of ordering and keeping the depts. in order. I was also the floral manager for a yr. there. My manager said that the yr. I managed Valentines day was the best yr. in sales that they have had in ten years.

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more

Winn Dixie Salaries