Winn Dixie Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,960 reviews matching the search
Winn dixie is a great place to work. And they give you great hours I think everybody would be happy there.I wouldn't know because this would be my fir
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2016
Winn dixie is a great place to work . And they give you great hours I think everybody would be happy there.I wouldn't know because this would be my first time working there
Professional Environment
Bagger, Cashier, and Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 2, 2016
A typical day at my currently employer is fast paced! I learned how to effectively deal with customer's concerns. The hardest part of the job is the low hours received ever week but the most enjoyable part of the job are the skills you gain from working there.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, low hours, low pay
not so fun place very depressing
produce stalker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 23, 2016
This particular job i did not like what so ever .Sometimes i had a great time every other day . The co workers there were very mean and grumpy it was not a good experience at all.The place had so many older folks around me to where i did not have a good time.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
mean staff members and co workers
Fun, diversed place to work.
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 22, 2016
I've learned a lot and worked with a lot of different people that have unique mindsets on completing their job as well as the methods they take to completing their tasks. Once you learn how to adapt to others it allows your job to be more fun and tolerable in the long run. I can honestly say that I've learned something new every time I clocked in from different types of sources and what I admire most is the amount of love you receive from each customer after helping them find what they're looking for.
Pros
Able to be creative, Works around school hours
Cons
Disrespectful customers, Throwing away large portions of edible food
Difficult Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLMay 27, 2016
The least enjoyable thing is they expect so much more then what your job description entails. I learned to manage money as well customer service. My coworkers complain a lot but I have learned to make the most of everything. The most enjoyable part is interacting with some of the customers.
Make sure everything is done on time
Stock Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 7, 2016
Working here as my first job was great. I went from a part-time associate to being offered Assistant Store Manager. I enjoyed completing tasks that were given to me. I worked great hours with good people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Difficult growth opportunities
flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 24, 2016
generally busy cashiered and handled customers, management was always right there hands on for any questions or problems coworkers were great everyone got along job. was really no hard part to job just keeping up customers were always very patient
Pros
flexible hours and days
Cons
no benefits
The pharmacy is a nice place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 20, 2016
The day starts off with deliveries of meds, you fill prescriptions, learn about drug classes and try to educate customers about their meds.
Management within the pharmacy is pretty good, but the store managers and the pharmacy clash sometimes.
Pros
5% discount.
It is a constant busy job
Cart Pusher (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 3, 2016
Would like to move up in the Company but that it not happening right now. Have been there for a year and still waiting for increase. There seems to be a communication issue thru out this Company, As ffar as events thru out the store the cart attendants are never included.
Cons
Heat because of the outside
productive fun to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Florida Zona Urbana, PRMarch 24, 2016
I will be delited to work with you as a pharmacy technician.i am working in a teaching hospital for more than six years. from thé post of junior pharmacy tehnicianstaff to higher pharmacy technician administrative staff.I will like to share my golden chance of working with your organisation as apple one to world.thanks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALMay 26, 2016
A typical day would start with restocking bags at the registers, rearrange electric carts, and brewing coffee. As the day progressed the flow of customers would increase as well as the employees. Joking around with the regulars and connecting with customers was my favorite part of this job.
Great opportunities for growth
Office/Prime Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMarch 17, 2016
Winn Dixie gave me a lot of opportunity for expanding my knowledge of different departments. I started out as a courtesy clerk and worked my way up to Cashier, Deli Department, Floral Manager, Office Support, and Front end manager. My managers were encouraging and knowledgeable. The skies are the limit at Winn Dixie.
Great Work experience
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scott, LAFebruary 14, 2016
I worked for Winn Dixie during my Junior and Senior High School Years and briefly upon graduation from High School. This job taught me the importance of responsibility and how hard work could pay off. I could have grown with the Winn Dixie management scholarship plan which would have ultimately led up to a Bachelors Degree but instead pursued other interests. I do not find that opportunities like this job offered at the time are readily available to this generation.
My first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 7, 2016
It is a retail driven company. With it being my first position it was definitely a good experience. Although, I had to move positions a lot to climb the work ladder and receive more desirable pay I enjoyed it.
Pros
Work experience, breaks
Cons
Difficult to get promoted
Laid back, easy work. A sense of connection from customer to worker.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ridge Manor, FLJune 23, 2016
Very laid back setting. Slow paced work. But always something to be done. There is always a personal connection from customer to worker. The management was very unprofessional though. But all in all it was a fair place to work.
Nice job to have.
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 29, 2016
This is a nice job to have if you are not looking for a career. The job is repetitive. I have learned some basic skill about baking. My manager is very nice. I get a long well with all co-workers. The hardest part of the job is getting off at your scheduled time depending on how busy it is. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers and getting to know the regulars.
working in a store is just not my cup of tea.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALMay 24, 2016
winn Dixie was an ok place to work. I didn't care for the cleanness of the store or the way some things were handled. I was hired to replace someone that wasn't coming back and they let that person come back and take my hours.
Pros
working independenly
Cons
not enough hours
fun learning differant parts of meat
meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 8, 2016
My enjoyable part of the job was cutting and slicing different style of meat. I learned what kind of meat good for grilling and roasting. It was fun to know what part of the cow, pig, and chicken the meat comes from.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
high risk danger work area
bagging foods
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAFebruary 8, 2016
I've never had a job before and I would really like one. I get along with others. I know how to bag groceries from seeing my mom at Publix or anywhere else. I am very patient with others also! I will get all my work done that needs to get done. I have good grades in school. I am very respectful and helpful. I have good manners. My step dad is in the military. My mom has a degree for criminal justice.
Pros
making my own money, getting out the house
Cons
working on the weekends
Rememborable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLMay 20, 2016
typical day is filled with exciting events, learned customer service skills, management could use work, co-workers tend to be snappy and sassy, hardest part is dealing with snappy and sassy co-workers, most enjoyable part is getting to help people in their everyday shopping needs.