Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Cool job
Winn Dixie (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I would like to work at winn dixie because I want to get paid and it seems like a interesting job to me to be a bagger and also it is little close to my house
Pros
Getting paid
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  miamki, floridaSeptember 21, 2017
the salary was very low. few hours to work in the week. few opportunities to have a full-time job. the management. that work gives the possibility of providing excellent customer service
Winn dixie
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I was in high school when I had this job. Though the pay was extremely low ($4.oo an hour) it was enough for me at the time. the customers were the best part of this job.
Company went bankrupt
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Great company to work for and excellent benefits and salary. If they had not went bankrupt I would still be there. Great atmosphere at work and always teamwork.
Pros
Salary was awesome
Cons
Bankruptcy
nothing but stress and drama
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon Park, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Management was two face and self centered. they loved to complain. never acknowledged successful productivity. Everyone seemed out to get each other when they werent talking behind their backs
Pros
none.
Cons
to many to list
Not paid enough for the job you do
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Poor management, low pay, you have supervisors delegating their own duties as well as tasks to lower level employees. But it's a decent first job to have to gain the experience and preparation to enter the Adult workforce.
High school job
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 20, 2017
This was a job I had when in high school and I did not enjoy the place at all. I met some really nice people and have lost contact with everyone i worked with
Fantastic Job for Beginners
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLSeptember 20, 2017
The memories I've made at Winn Dixie are innumerable. I don't know how they manage to hire only the most kind and understanding people, but they do. Everyone I've worked with from Winn Dixie has my back even all these years from now. Managers would listen to my ideas to better the business and actually put them in to action, if there was a crisis away from work I would be let out of work in a heart beat and in the next beat, somebody would have stepped in so I could tend what I needed to. Winn Dixie is a family, I love this company.
Customer Service Lead
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 20, 2017
The job was nice and easy. If you are good with counting and money, as well as able to balance multi-tasking then it will be good for you. The only down fall was when you will have some customers that you know are doing wrong and you still will have to help them or provide them with what they are requesting because the customer is always right.
At times layed back other could barley breath
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westmain s dothan alSeptember 20, 2017
My main problem here was not getting enough hours hourly pay was good but I couldn't pull out enough hours that I was really needing over all I would considerate a good working place
Pros
discounts
Cons
No benefits
very fast paced
Service Support/Office worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 20, 2017
I learned to audit a money safe balance cash drawers cash checks print money orders run financial reports to cash drops as well as cash pickups ive learned how to be in authority correctly etc.
fun workplace
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
arrived at work at 10pm break down truck into separate isles there were 16 isles we all did two to three isles every night then we sweep an mop the whole store
Pros
meet new people great work environment
Cons
needed more workers
temporary job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2017
This place was a good place to build a career. It was very competitive with timing. Unfortunately there was favoritism there so advancement was hard if you didn't hang with the right people.
Interesting but stressful at times
Receiving, Dairy Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 19, 2017
The receiving part of the job was very interesting. There are not have enough hours in the schedule to complete the stocking aspect of the job. Which is very frustrating.
Pros
Lockers for personal property
Cons
Not enough scheduled hours to make for a decent paycheck
Poor management
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Dania, FLSeptember 18, 2017
company closes down poor management No, communication with others I really learned management Skills from Managers that were in-house, But the company it self-did not help my store.
Running out of Business
Seafood Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 17, 2017
The store I worked for lost business and customers to the newer grocery stores around us. Many full time and long term employees were let go to save the store and management's jobs. My hours were cut and many people were made to do many other jobs and departments at the same time.
Pros
The people, the discount, culture.
Cons
Large divide in teamwork, lack of concern for employees.
Ok place to work
Self Checkout Host (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 16, 2017
I worked for the company for 5yrs when I first started it was great then as the yrs went by it was not a happy place any more cutting hours store manager was nasty
Pros
Cons
Bad mangment
Good.
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 16, 2017
I only had the job for part time. I worked there when I was in high school for two years.I worked many different departments and shifts, therefore I was paid extra for the multiple titles I held for those positions.
Worst place ever
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  High Springs, FLSeptember 16, 2017
This company is the worst company to work for and the managers were awful. If there was drama between cashiers the managers were right in the middle of everything.
Great first job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 15, 2017
A typical day at winn dixie consists of stocking isles and bluffing the isles to look full. Helping customers who may be having trouble locating an item. Unloading trucks and retrieving shopping carts
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
doesnt like to give reasonable raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.