Winn Dixie
1,472 reviews

Winn Dixie Employer Reviews

Fun
Seafood Associate (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: meet different people
Cons: cut backs, and job security
This is an ok place to work as a first job, but not a career. The most enjoyable part for me was communicating and interactng with different personalities.
Extremely productive and busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lantana FLOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at Winn-Dixie would be clocking in, greeting customers assisting them with items they are looking for, stocking and replenishing merchandise, checking customers out and making sure there visit is appreciated and we do welcome them back. Co-worker are friendly and helpful, most enjoyable part of Winn-Dixie would be dealing with the customers.
overall, needs improvement in all areas
Receiver Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: 5% off on purchases
Cons: no development practices in place
Management has potential to improve in work ethics, in managing, to be at a less stress environment advancement is extremely low, co-workers not in a happy environment due to management, hardest part of the job is walking into a overwhelming work load daily, most enjoyable is ending the day,there is no development among the management staff.
great experience for me
service lead (Former Employee), Westwego, LAOctober 9, 2014
learning a lot of new things when it comes down to dealing with cash
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: 5% discount
It's amazing working for a company that accepts anyone and everyone, without discriminating against gender, age, orientation and also for non prior experience.
Busy
Customer Service Shift Leader (Current Employee), N/AOctober 8, 2014
Crazy. You do lotto, western union, money orders, the express lane, coin star, manage the schedule, and put people on breaks.
good job
co director (Current Employee), montgomeryOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good 401k
Cons: work holidays, 6days a week
The company has gone through some major changes over the past two years. Labor budgets have been the most challenging. A typical day requires the ability to be flexible in all areas of the business.
Productive and funwork place
English/Spanish customer service representative (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 8, 2014
It was very nice to work with customers who visit us each had something to say I work ayudadolos gutaba their needs. The excellent team work can not fault it always work for the same purpose to make the visit enjoyable to our customers who visit us daily. Really I am passionate about dealing with clients, I like to serve and who are happy.
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: making money
Cant really say much about this company. But only because it was so long ago. Things have changed, and they are no longer in business. I also was still a teenager. So yes I liked the job cause I was making money. That was almost 30 years ago. So I don't think it would be fair to say much because of the knowledge now and then. Not to mention the changes.
Great job
Floral Manager (Former Employee), Americus, GAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Love working with the public. Loved arranging floral bouquets and keeping department neat and clean. Great staff to interact with. Enjoyed being over budget with sales on a quarterly and yearly basis.
LOVED THIS JOB
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2014
STARTED WORKING WHEN I WAS 14 AND THIS JOB WAS A GREAT PLACE TO START
Fast Paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2014
Dealing with different customers are not easy because you have a whole lot of personalities. Overall the job was enough for me since i was in school full time
part time cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 7, 2014
from the time I was there I saw that this was a place of opportunity didn't really like my first store but I transferred to another store and I loved it pay is pretty good there is room for advancement
ok
Stocker (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 7, 2014
managers sucked ,coworkers not to bad good first time job but not what I expected learned organizational skills time management hard work ethic customer service
Great Job
Deli Worker (Delicatessen Worker) (Former Employee), Heathrow, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benfits low pay
Management was great, could work at our own pace, employees were very nice and understanding and cared.
Fun workplace but still very productive. Not very competitive from within though.
Produce Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free food samples
Cons: short break was taken away and so was sick pay.
A typical work day for me is making sure that the customers walking in and out of the store are satisfied. Always happy to come back back and shop more in the nearest future. Our front must always be clean almost spotless.

I have learned many things from this job even through the store name transfer but the biggest thing I have learned working for – more... this company is how to stay on your feet. Look your best. Always stay strong with the most strongest crowd.

Management could always use some work. I'm not sure what goes on behind closed doors in the office area but in the front they seem to sometimes lack a caring side. Work does not always have to be so hard or serious. Granted, they sometimes do make it fun and competitive.

Co-workers honestly are what drives the business aside from the customers. But without them where I would be today? For you see, the co-workers make the place always more fun or funny. They help balance the workplace out.

The most challenging end to my job is being able to meet the high demands of the work business. By this I mean, if for instance we are asked as cashiers to make sure every single customer learns about the surveys on their receipts and getting them to take them then trust me it is not that easy always to do so.

The good times (or fun times) on the job I would have to say was working with the public whether good or bad. But of course who can forget the fun co-workers. – less
Very productive and fun.
GMD Stocker/Floor Associate (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 6, 2014
Everyone was extremely nice. The workday would feel short due to the work, but it wouldn't be overwhelming at the same time.
Working at winn dixie
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Lauderhill, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not enough hours
Great pay but enough hours 3 days out of the whole week, i worked in the bakery and it closes at seven thirty. i learned how to bake and write on cakes also the Delicious pastries. i was told i had great customer service by the customers themselves. it was only the bakery manager only two people were aloud to work at the time. the hardest part of the – more... job is closing the bakery its a lot to be done such as scrubbing the floors twice had to keep it clean, then the dishes, take out the trash. it was the same thing everyday. the most enjoyable was making all those deserts and bread. At Winn Dixie everything had to be fresh in our bakery so we limit so we wont waste. When i needed extra hours i worked in the front as a cashier. – less
Enjoyable job experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2014
Experience the customers personalities, and the shopping experience of the grocery store.
productive job
Greet and assist customers (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2014
working a Winn-Dixie was a fun job. I was able to meet and greet with customers. the management team was real laid back but was all about making sure the customers was happy. my co-workers was energetic and out going.

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more