Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 3,182 reviews matching the search
nice place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLAugust 18, 2016
I worked in the afternoon I cooked you the products that was schedule made up sandwich and cleaned up the deli on daily bases. I learned customer service and speed. My management was ok I loved my coworker we worked as a team we got things done, The hardest part of this job was when you try to close the deli, it close at 10 so around 8 we start to close down plus serve the customers that was hard some days we didn't get out till 11pm. The joy of the job is meeting the customers we had our regulars and the my coworkers
Pros
learning a new work tast
Cons
dealing with the drama once in a while
i enjoyed working there
Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27332November 25, 2016
Good place to work got a better perspective on budgeting and better customer service values. Good coworkers and management. Learning to deal with all kinds of people and being patient.
Pros
job security
Cons
working in cold environment
fairly easy job, nice employees, poor management.
Stocker/Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLNovember 11, 2016
On a normal day it was easy i got my work done and overall all i was fine with working there, management was very poor tho they showed favorites and would not have you trained before you started a new position, the hardest part about my job was when i had to close down the deli by myself with very little training. the most enjoyable time was probably when i could just stock by myself it was easy and time flew by.
Pros
Store discounts.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLOctober 28, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of talking with a lot of different kinds of costumers, checking them out (processing cash, check, and EFT transactions) and helping them solve any problems they may have had.
I learned how to handle uncomfortable situations with unpleased costumers. I was able to solve their problems and make sure they left my store satisfied.
All of my managers at Winn-Dixie worked as a team and were always there when i needed help with anything.
My coworkers also worked as a team we always have each others backs. They were all kind people that were a joy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was getting attached to coworkers and costumers. seeing them on a daily basis made it difficult not to make a personal connection with all of them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see my costumers leave satisfied with big smiles on their faces.
Pros
Positive environment, 5% employee discount
Productive job also something to do.
Meat Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I learned how to operate and clean Band saw and meat grinder and more about different cuts of meat.
My typical day was helping customers, checking freezer temperatures, cleaning the food equipment, and restocking meat and/or seafood.
I also worked Night shift for over night stocking.I learned how to partially operate inventory devices.
Most enjoyable part of my day was cleaning the equipment and over night was stocking the shelves
Pros
Free lucnhs
Cons
poor management, minimal hours
Not much pay.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Airline Dr. StoreOctober 25, 2016
Pay was minimum but the work was not bad. If you worked the produce it was basically remove old and put up new produce. Co-workers were friendly and helpful and management was good to you.
Pros
The food was good.
Cons
Short breaks.
productive establishment
Front End Manager/Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at Winn Dixie. I had a great team on 3-11 shift and we all worked well together. Upper Management here, however, was detached, didn't work along side lower team members, and did more delegating than leading by example. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
Pros
great people
Cons
long hours, heavy work load
Fun and rewarding job
GMD (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLNovember 9, 2016
Great first job, you have the ability to learn so much in such a short amount of time. Work life balance is great, you can advance quickly but only to a certain point due to age requirements.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low pay
Productive place to work
Center Store Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
A typical day would include efficiently working a truck load of stock to the shelves.
what i learned is time management in an environment such as that is very important, as well as teamwork, communication, and pacing yourself.
Management wasn't always at its best choice of leaders of the store, needless to say there were some great ones and some bad ones.
my coworkers were great, always willing to help with great personalities.
The hardest part about the job was if someone wasn't able to show for work when you needed them the most everyone would have to pick up that persons weight.
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with those who
horrible
Feb2010­ Supply Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALAugust 18, 2016
horrible environment wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.. Long hours not enough pay and horrible attitudes I worked off of of 231 in Wetumpka AL.
Pros
nice community
Cons
horrible management
Fun workplace everyone is happy and gets along great together. Everyone works together as a team
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 25, 2016
I enjoy going to work, where everyone works together and as a team instead of a competition, everyone gets along, management is great love all of them! When I go to work, I don't feel like I'm going to work, I feel like I'm goino to spend time with my 2nd family!
Pros
Enjoy going to work
Cons
Pay could be better
Worst job ever ! Don't work here !
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2016
Management is horrible, pay sucks, and work load is too much. I worked as a center store associate and never had a full stock crew. It was just me and the manager working trucks of 10 or more pallets, It was ridiculous. Then management would rush us to finish and expected us to finish in 4 hours. Horrible experience and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I've worked there for a year and never seen someone stay longer then 3 months. That should tell you something.
Great starter Job
Cashier/Customer Service associate (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Winn Dixie is the perfect job to build experience. I learned a lot with customer service and money transactions. Salary isn't up to par but its managble.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
short breaks
Pay is equal to the amount of work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAAugust 10, 2016
I have to say that getting paid 10:45 an hour was well worth the work. You get paid every week. You really having to be an upbeat person because you have to take care of customers all day. You also have to be very careful when working in the deli because you have to use a sliver to cut customers meats and cheeses. Being organized and clean will help you out some at night when you close and getting some sleep at night will help improve how you work of you open on the morning. The mornings will be very busy so you need all the energy you can possibly have.
Pros
It closes at 8 so we never got out of there late
Cons
You have to be a really productive worker and be able to multi tasks
Great company, flexible schedule
Secretary to the Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2016
Collect and review sales papers from competitor.
Organize and prepare them for weekly meeting of marketing with management.
Received phone calls from people asking for future specials.
Management easy to work with.
Trying to find space for filing was a big challenge.
Vendors would come in and employees would try and assess their products.
Pros
Flexible schedule for single parents, vendors providing free lunches.
Cons
Stocks were going down and budgets getting cut.
Fair company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 7, 2016
I have worked for Winn Dixie for a long time and since the last buy out it has gone through some major changes. Hours started getting cut though the customers like having lower prices they do not like not seeing a full staff working. The company Southeastern Grocers have made many changes that is affecting the morale of the stores work staff. The management would love to give more hours but the heads say no because of building the bottom line for each store and the other two chains they own. Winn Dixie use to be a thriving company and has lost its appear through the years after the family sold the company and was bought out three times and changed CEO's in the past twenty or more years since the original buy out. The store I work at is nice a big just not the same and the managers are nice though they try their best to help those who did the help.
Pros
Customers smiling faces and the people I enjoy working with each day.
Cons
Not always having a bagger and getting hours cut with expecting us to push too hard.
Productive work place
Stockroom Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GANovember 22, 2016
I started Winn Dixie as a stocker, and within a short period of time I had the opportunity to advance as a lead. The team that I worked alongside with were genuinely warm people. We all knew the importance of our roles as the stockteam, so this made my experience more enjoyable and less difficult. On a typical truck night, I would come in to work two hours before the overnight shift began. I examined the freight and the number of pallets making sure it corresponds with the paperwork. It was important to make a baler before sorting the freight.
Worked for two years...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2016
Winn-Dixie on state road 210 here in Jacksonville FL, is a great store when it comes to producing money but some situations are over looked. People are very friendly their and love them to death to this day, but the management needs to be looked over and reconsider what going on in that store and how it it runs on a daily basis.
Pros
30min breaks, people are very lovable
Cons
management, pay, hours
Great work place
Deli- Associate (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 11, 2016
I actually enjoyed working at Winn Dixie as a Deli Associate. Management was great and very organized. I became really close with my coworkers. The hardest part about my job was when i start opening on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to have fun with all of my coworkers. I even built a friendship with my manager.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no cons
Some good management at time of my employ.
Assiatant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 9, 2015
At the time I was employed, Winn Dixie was trying to overtake Publix Market by under pricing, better service, cleanliness, and remodeling older stores. It quickly became apparent that it wasn't working,so they slowly began to raise prices and therefore lost some customers.. They began to close some money losing stores and transferring people around to other locations. I was at the age of retirement and did not want to move so I retired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.