Winn Dixie
1,734 reviews

Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Productive with excellent coworkers.
Cashier/Deli Associate/Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Slidell, LAApril 11, 2015
My coworkers helped me learn and get to the position of Customer Service Leader. My day would start out with me cleaning my area and making sure I had everything organized for the day, and through the day I would work hard to make sure the customers enjoyed their experience at the store. I had the most fun promoting a meal and using the intercom to tell customers in the store what I was promoting.
An okay job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Homestead, FLApril 10, 2015
This job is better for someone who is in school, maybe a young adult attending college but not a job to make a career or to stay with for a long time. I did not learn anything I didn't already know working here.
lots of work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Doral, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: discounts in products
Cons: short breaks
mostly help customers with their needs when in the store, assist with restocking inventory, and ensuring that all products are in good shape.
I loved the customer interaction
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: working with the public
Cons: scheduling
Started as a cashier, quickly rose to Customer Service Lead, Ran the Customer Service desk, trained and mentored new cashiers, light pricing and inventory. polished my customer service skills here, learning how to deal with many, many types of people and situations over my years at the desk. hardest part of the job was getting more hours, and the most enjoyable was the people.
Decent job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dothan, ALApril 9, 2015
Decent company just needs a few improvements in scheduling, benefits for part timers. They should be more careful for who they hire. Co workers need more supervision. They don't do what is required.
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2015
Fast and easy. I learned how to make others smile. Management was good and my coworkers were fun to be around. There was no hard part about my job and I enjoyed being around people.
horrible work environment
Winn-Dixie cashier (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch if lucky
Cons: sometimes no breaks, barely any hours. horrible atmosphere
staying on one register and if shift is shorter then 5 hours no breaks are given at all the only way you can advance in the career is if you're friends with the manager.
the managers get upset at you even if your sick or if your family is in the hospital
fun place to work
Fresh meat associate, cashier, dairy, baby food (Former Employee), winn dixie plant city flApril 7, 2015
they treat their people amazing and work with your schd. management works alongside their employees.my coworkers were awesome.loved the customers.
Your co-workers are alright, but the management is terrible.
Deli Worker (Former Employee), Andalusia, ALApril 7, 2015
It's like the monkeys are running the zoo. They try to keep my department at a skeleton crew level and expect us to keep up with all the demands and expectations of our department. The manager makes one person do the work of two or three people and get just one salary for her all her work.

My co-workers are fine and friendly, but they too were put under a lot of strain by the unrealistic expectations set by the managers. This is the sort of job you deal with only long enough to find a job somewhere else.
busy but not worth the pay
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee), Chalmette, LAApril 7, 2015
Pros: close to the house and good job while I was in college not a carreer.
Cons: not a career.. too much work not enough pay for such anorganized company
very unclean and unorganized company. the company and management formed a clique at the location that I worked at. At this job I learned that some things come at a big cost and it isn't always worth what you have to put into it. I
Center Store Lead (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLApril 6, 2015
Everyday I come in and assist the managers with what ever may need to be done. I assist in grocery, dairy, frozen, and general merchandise departments.
FOr WInn DIxe
Closing Night Manager (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLApril 6, 2015
I would go in a prepaire food for the evening then make schedule for the department supervise people through out the day unload trucks restock department. Then I would close for the evening putting everyhting a way and cleaning up area.
It is a place to find a job while you look for a better job.
Center Store Associate (Former Employee), Okeechobee, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: easy to know the store.
Cons: Little to know breaks, short lunch
A typical day at work is really nothing special. you show up, you clock in, you work, clock out and the go home. I have learned little to nothing that I didn't already know from my time working there, as no one was willing to teach you anything new. if they told you to do something, you were to not ask anything about it and just do it, even if you didn't know what you needed to get done or how to do it. the management sucks. the store I worked at had 3 different managers by the time I left. and each one was worse than the last. the co-workers I did work with were nice, when they weren't trying to stab you in the back just so they could get the "good job" from the manager. the hardest part of the job is trying not to get everything done in the short time they ask you to get it done. they would ask you to do something say, blocking the store.... the whole store, and they want it done in 1 hour... by yourself. now I have done that and even then it wasn't the best job I could have done. it takes as little as 2 maybe 3 hours to get it done by yourself and if you have help maybe 2 hours. so they didn't care about if you could do it or not, they wanted it done, and they wanted it done fast and how they like it, prefect. I can say that the best part of working there was clocking out and going home.
Underpaid
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 6, 2015
Cons: Financial Distress, pay
This company at the time was in financial distress. Pay was not adequate for the position. For the most part had a good experience with upper management except for the last store that I worked at that lead me to pursue another job.
Learning experience
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: learned to work as a team
Cons: Being short handed
Typical day at work- stocking, cleaning work area, unloading trucks following floor plans. What I learned was time management and efficiency most definitely. Management- was very productive and informative. The hardest part of the job pulling the pile jacks. Most enjoyable part of the job team work
Fast paced but fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Dothan, ALApril 4, 2015
Although you are mostly constantly busy with customers it is a fun place to work. The fun part about it is the people you work with. The people are loving and after awhile they pretty much become family. The actual work part consist of making the customer is satisfied and handling their money. You can't forget the most important part, making sure they pay for the items they walk out the door with. The hardest part about the job is making sure everything is being paid for especially when you are allowed to bring things from the outside vending machines in because you can buy the same product inside.
Organize fun place to work
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), HollywoodApril 3, 2015
Display organize meat products, cut meat at customers request,and clean meat room at the end of the day.
Taking care of meat and fish department on customers needs,check day expiration on meat products and rotation
Great Company to gain experience
Service Area Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 2, 2015
This position is all about providing customer service. Master that aspect and and you'll be fine. Long, awkward hours at work cut into family time.
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 1, 2015
I loved my job. I learned many customer service skills here. The only thing i didn't like was that you only got paid minimum wage; not enough to raise a family on.
fun learning place
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brakes
Trained [number] new employees quarterly. Cross-trained and provided back-up for other customer service
representatives when needed. Worked as a team member performing cashier duties, product assistance and cleaning .

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more

Winn Dixie Salaries