Winn Dixie
1,629 reviews

Winn Dixie Employer Reviews

Good place to start working in this country
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Winn Dixie is a good company to work with flexible schedule perfect for peoples who are still studying. The co workers are friendly. The most hard is to work standing for many hours.
Fun Place to Work.
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: eating lunch in the deli. not having to leave the store.
Cons: healthcare, uniforms
Each day was a new experience. Co-workers are all great and really enjoy themselves which makes the job lots of fun.
Unloading of trucks was probably the least enjoyable part of the day
An okay place
Cashier August (Former Employee), Andalusia, ALFebruary 6, 2015
I think the management was a little coincided. I hope they get a new system in place because it was very chaotic. Everyone talked about everyone and it made me very uncomfortable . It was common knowledge that the store directors didn't like each other, so the whole store was sort of turned either way.
Great work place
Cashier/ Service Associate (Former Employee), ocala,flFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible scheldule, great experience
Cons: organization
I loved my co workers and bosses. I loved my customers. I loved the set up for the store and it was a great first job for me . I worked there for two years.
Decent place with decent people
Cashier (Current Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FlFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: decent downtime. paid breaks.
Cons: healthcare. benefits. non-paid lunch.
Its a nice small store with some nice people to work with. Customers range from non talking or friendly to overly annoying to full fledged pain in the neck. I have learned how to deal with these wide range of people from my previous experience. Management is decent from what I have seen thus far. My co-workers are nice and friendly to each other. The hardest part of the job is the manager incompetence and/or dealing with a customer who is very dense or manipulative. The most enjoyable is the down time when it comes or the rush through the day when time flies.
learned a lot about photo developing
Assistant, Photo Lab (Former Employee), Clermont, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great work environment. very close to home
Cons: can't think of any
Loved my manager. An awesome experience about photo's and developing, processing.and printing. Great discounts. I loved that is was very close to home and the hours were great.
Good place
Cashier (Former Employee), Enterprise, ALFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: not paid enough
This place was a nice enviroment with lots to remember but it was fun people and management around. I did enjoy it for as long as I worked there.
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), North Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2015
It was always hard to get you break on time. Management was always watching for you to make a mistake it seemed like. The co-workers were nice and enjoyed having conversations with customers.
Winn Dixie
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2015
I would come in and get on the cash register. I would count my draw before I start taking customers. I would go outside to get shopping carts when they were running low. I learned to work at a fast pace. My co-workers were nice and respectful,
it was ok
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake City, FLFebruary 2, 2015
it was ok to work for but it got really really slow at times and at others it was extremely busy. it was good enough to make it by till i was able to get another.
Company was at a lost
Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Titusville, FLFebruary 2, 2015
I left because the company was going down the tubes. I was a manager and they wanted me to run a Deli and a Bakery on 108 hrs.
That was a set up for failure. The prep work involved ate most your hours there was nothing left for customers.
What I enjoyed most about my this employer was meeting an array of people everyday that I worked
Cashier (Former Employee), Dunn, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: weeklypat
Cons: no benefits as part-time
I attained the job as a cashier. A manager approached me with the option of training for the deli in case they were in need of help if someone stayed out. I trained for the deli and I remained there until I left the store after returning to the title as cashier and only being on the schedule once a week.
Decent company
Service Leader (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: coworkers and customers
Cons: upper management, looming buyouts
Winn Dixie has never had a great reputation, but they are a decent company to work for. The future might not appear the greatest, but a potential buyout from Kroger would be a great thing for them.

My coworkers and most customers make my days worth showing up to work for. The management team in the store is great; their management team is not in touch with the reality of day to day operations.
Fun Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Destrehan, LAJanuary 31, 2015
Working here was great and pretty laid back. I learned how to use the register and the programs that come along with the job. Management was great and very professional. Co-workers were fun and helpful and caring. The hardest part of the job was the restocking of the merchandise at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with and the way that management worked just as hard at the job as we did and that they would do the 'small mans' job along with theirs.
PRODUCTIVE
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not enough hours
CAN BE BORING AT TIMES BUT WEEKLY PAY IN PHENOMINAL MANAGEMENT IS NOT THE BEST CUSTOMERS CAN BE RUDE BUT OVERALL THEY CAN B WONDERFUL AD SWEET
about winn dixie
customer service (Former Employee), montgomery, alabamaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: learning new languages
Cons: dealing with racism
to me working with different management, we had some exceptional managers, but then we had that one racist manager, who always criticzes black people, and black women, by always calling them ghetto, and harassed some of our employees there.
Friendly atmosphere
Deli Department Manager (Former Employee), Picayune, MSJanuary 30, 2015
Time goes by quickly when you stay busy
Time management, Paperwork,, Deli needs well trained workers in order to maintain a well run work place
making sure store ran smoothly
My first Job Ever!
Cashier (Former Employee), Forest City, NCJanuary 29, 2015
This job hired me at the age of 16 and taught me to be the excellent customer service representative I am today!
Fast-paced, customer service oriented occupation with great management and fun co-workers.
Service Associate (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Have learned to hone my customer service skills and care experience in a very fast-paced, customer centric environment. Co-workers are inspiring and the management is superior.
enjoyable
Cashier-bakery associate (Former Employee), Rainbow City, ALJanuary 29, 2015
I liked working here. daily tasks included operating a cash register, assisting customers in finding the products they were looking for. I also worked in the bakery which was a lot of fun.

About Winn Dixie

Fresh Opportunity awaits at your Winn-Dixie! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more

Winn Dixie Salaries