WINN

WINN Employer Reviews

This place is worse place that i ever worked
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: low pay, they have no respect for the employees, rude coworkers.....
For the pay 8.05 in hour they are overworking you like a horse,it is only 2 people are closing department,have to do all this nasty cleaning and take care a customers
Great Place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: need more geographic locations
Absolutely love love love working for this place. I did not want to leave. (I only left because I relocated with my husband to attend graduate school). I loved my coworkers, and I will never forget the family- oriented environment.
productive
Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Laplace, LAJuly 26, 2014
A typical work day is making sure product is fresh and full at all times along with customer service.
Excellent Company to worked
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 4, 2014
High commitment to customer service and mentoring employees
GETTING THINGS READY
Bakery/ Deli Associate (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 4, 2014
WORKING IN THE DELI.... I HAD TO SET UP THE HOT BAR, AND MAKE SALAD FOR COLD SALADS AND MAKE SUBS TO QUICK TO GO FOODS. I DID FOOD PREP FOR QUICK LUNCH/ DINNER RUSHES, I WOULD SLICE DELI MEATS AND CHEESE. I WOULD ASSIST CUSTOMERS AND MAKE THEIR PLATES
I love to deal with people
Customer service (Current Employee), Lake CityApril 29, 2014
Managing is very easy I love to help my employees enjoy there job I also like to make my customers have a great experience when visiting the business.
Went out of business
Customer Service / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
First Job! Started as a bagger / cashier and was so driven I was offered a position in customer service & bookkeeping.
Pretty Great
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 3, 2013
Nice place to work just long hours and work on the holidays ok overall
Not the best place to work
Cashier/ Seafood associate (Current Employee), Apopka, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary sucks
It's very hard to move up with in the company or even the store. The benefits aren't very good as well.
Fast Pace
Stocker (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 30, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This is kind of a fast pace enviroment, healthy sanitation is also heavily enforced upon the employees.
Not for me
Cashier (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLOctober 3, 2013
This was definitely not the job for someone who is outgoing and loves working with the community. Management was not good to say the least and schedules were all over the place.
Customer Service with a Smile
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: 5% associate discount
Cons: no healthcare for part time employees
Working for Winn Dixie was a great learning experience for me. Having my first job at age 16 taught me about the responsibility and team work one has to have in order to work for a retail corporation. I was expected to come to work and do my tasks without being told by my supervisors. After being employed for a month I had impressed my superiors through my attentiveness and dedication to my position as a bagger (customer service associate), and later as a cashier to be assigned to train new employees in their position. Getting along with the management team and other co-workers was what made me love my job. We worked together as a team and when someone did something wrong they were corrected with a friendly, but serious attitude. The hardest part of my job was knowing what to say when a customer was upset about something. I learned to ask the question "how can I make this right?" and if the answer was not in my jurisdiction I called my superiors for the right answer. Although most upset customers can easily be made happy with the right customer service, there are few that won't be. I was taught and encouraged by my managers to learn form those situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the customers that came in on a regular basis. Through my three and a half years at Winn Dixie I met some extraordinary people and built small, but genuine relationships with them. Being able to put a smile on a customers face in a short conversation in the check out line made me happy to go to work.
Customer satisfaction is my satisfaction
Service Area Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers. Knowing I made a difference with them makes my day.
Great student job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Marrero, LaAugust 31, 2013
I worked there in high school and it wasn't bad. I played sports too so they worked around my schedule. It was a pretty easy job. I liked it.
Nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Hudson, FLJune 26, 2013
Pros: learning customer service
Cons: not many hours to work
It was easy busy work. I did cashiering and bagging. At times they had me collect carts and stock shelves. I greeted customers with a smiling face everyday and always made sure my area was clean.
Productive, fun, growing work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham,ALMay 17, 2013
Pros: raises, free lunches, benefits, etc.
Cons: little hours, nights, weekends, no raises, etc
A typical day at work would be getting work done at a fast pace,working as a team, getting the job done. I learned that you can not be lazy, working in a fast pace environment. I manage my time wisely making sure I get all my work done and that all goals are met before the ending of the work day. My co workers would specify me as being one who works hard, a fast learner, determined, and very ambitious. The hardest thing about working on a job is being your best, getting your work done, being at work, being on time, as well as performing other tasks at work by training new employees and working extra hours because some co workers do not show up , and you dont get a raise nor be treated equally like others. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done, interacting with customers, and working in a friendly environment.
first job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 25, 2013
Pros: had fun
good place to work had fun was a bagger and cart attendent, did what i wanted to do
Ok place to work
manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 6, 2013
Pros: you got a job
Cons: no job security
Ok place to work. Management only care about sales and hours.
Most of the time you are on a registar even if you are not a cashier
because they never have enough people scheduled to work.
Fun and productive
Associate (Former Employee), Mobile,ALMarch 6, 2013
I loved the people I used to work with. Overall good day at work.
hello
Bagger (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: pushing carts
its a pretty nice job i get to help people and i know almoust everybody in my store

WINN Salaries