WINN Employee Reviews

Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 12, 2017
Nice place to work. Loved the customers and the management team here. The pay wasn't too great but there was a chance of making better wages after a while.
Fun workplace
Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2017
Working at Winn was a very fun, fast paced experience for me to have at a young age. I enjoyed my coworkers and my actual job as a cashier.
I learned to come out of my shell, I really became the outgoing person I am now because of this job.
Pros
Fun workplace and coworkers
Cons
low pay
Overall a nice place
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 1, 2017
A typical day at Winn Dixie was fast paced. The day went by pretty fast. The only thing was the pay wasn't too good. They expected more from an employee than they should have.
fun place to work
Liquor Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holiday, FLMay 10, 2017
fun place to work but low pay,I enjoy working with the customer to make their selections of beverages.Your day will consist of stocking cleaning, ordering and receiving as well as waiting on customers.
Great first job
Service Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLOctober 28, 2016
Hours vary based on positions. Store is open from 8 - 10. Management is flexible and friendly. Flexible work hours and days. Employees are friend and easy to work with.
Pros
5% discount every day on Groceries
Cons
fluctuation of hours depending on position
Excellent Company
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Dixie, LASeptember 8, 2016
I would have remained with WInn-Dixie had they not closed operations in Texas.However, I had progressed from the ground floor to Market Manager, with training available along the way.
winn dixie review
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLAugust 30, 2016
Working at Winn-Dixie I have learned many things such as how to operate a pallet jack, Also in have learned how to stock merchandise on shelves. a typical day at work consists of stocking merchandise and assisting customers with any needs in a friendly tone.
Pros
flexibility around schedule
Cons
the pay
Very good place to work and nice people to work with
Deli Associate, and Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, AL 36507February 27, 2016
Setup and put out food, bread, pastries, etc. Bag and label daily fresh products, take orders, make lunch/ dinner plates/ cakes, etc., make sure sells floor is full, but not to full (reduce shrink), and clean up duties. Hardest part would have to be when the customers changed a cake design at the last minute, and the most enjoyable would have to be that there was always something to do. I learned how to be more patient working here as well.
Pros
days flew by
Cons
only got a 30 min. lunch
Installed Security Equipment
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
Day before the start of the job made sure that equipment/materials for the job were accounted for and in the vehicle. Worked the job until completed.
Pros
Ability to see the project through completion
Cons
Significant last minute changes
I love retail and love being in a postion to incurr change so I liked this retailer
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2015
They could use more experienced managers, the turnover of houly staff members is high. This is due mainly to low wages offered to even over qualified candidate's.
Pros
Its retail, so everyday is different
Cons
low pay, few hours
its OK
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  new orleansOctober 20, 2015
when you need a job, you go out and get a job, some are not what you want and others dont pay what you need but for me this was one of those accept what is being offered deals
Pros
employed
Cons
not so clean
Superior Expreince
chef manager (Former Employee) –  5445 Casset Ave jax. FlOctober 3, 2015
Best company for training employees to believe in the company it~s value and will send you to school to expand your education for the business
Pros
Free training
Cons
many change over
cool
Dixie Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  stpeteOctober 2, 2015
very cool cashier job will reccomend to anyone looking for a first job it is very good to start off at. wont reccommend to anyone tht wants to move up fast or become manager in the future
work and pay
Floral, produce, cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLSeptember 30, 2015
A lot to do in a day down stocking a two to five pallet truck in produce. Fill floor shelves for customers waited on customer in floral and run register when call to the front to help. Pay increases are once a year and not with a cost of living in mind. Nor all the work you do.
Pros
co workers, repeat costomers
Cons
low pay, no help in departments
fast paced and productive environment, bakery/deli manager was very personable
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 17, 2015
Daily routine was very consistent and by the book. Bakery manager was extremely understanding regarding personal issues. Not much room for growth or wage increase.
Pros
very relaxed work environment
Cons
too many sale items out of stock generating unhappy customers
do you like part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLJune 29, 2015
i did not like having to get up on a sunday morning to only work two hours. They do not give any special help to those who work part time. They figured if they can get you to come to work and it only be for two three hours that it was okay with them because you were considered and employee
fun workplace for first job
Cash Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 18, 2015
great to work at if you actually do what youre supposed to. managers put their trust in you once you show them you deserve it and it is easy to move up in position however it will not reflect in your pay only in the way you are treated.
The most enjoyable part of the job
center store associate (Current Employee) –  MiamiFebruary 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job where I work is knowing everyone treats each other as a team and like family. Each department has partners and we look out for each other like our own blood no one tackles loads of work by themselves everyone helps each other.
Pros
Family based enviorment, great work place
Cons
Hard to move up
This place is worse place that i ever worked
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 5, 2014
For the pay 8.05 in hour they are overworking you like a horse,it is only 2 people are closing department,have to do all this nasty cleaning and take care a customers
Pros
low pay, they have no respect for the employees, rude coworkers.....
Great Place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2014
Absolutely love love love working for this place. I did not want to leave. (I only left because I relocated with my husband to attend graduate school). I loved my coworkers, and I will never forget the family- oriented environment.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Cons
Need more geographic locations