WinnCompanies Employee Reviews

Unlimited Opportunity
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2017
Great place to work if you are dedicated, honest, hard working and treat people with respect. Over the past few years there have been a number of changes in leadership, with the most recent changes being very positive. Paid time off, pay and benefits are extremely competitive and fair. The company is growing and very focused on employee engagement. They can do better job communicating messages from corporate to the sites and making site staff feel more a part of the Winn team. In some ways a corporate feel but still family owned. Overall very good employer.
Pros
Benefits, pay, job security, opportunity to travel or relocate
Cons
Pace of work, communication from corporate
Very Forward Moving Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2017
The company focuses on moving forward and they roll out tons of new programs and think of the employees and all of of the additional work. very fast pace!
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
The pay is terrible!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell Ky.November 26, 2017
I started working for Winn through a temp agency at $13.00 p/h thinking surely as qualified as I am as a maintenance tech I would get $17.00. All they will pay is $15.00. I've spoke to my coworkers and some who've been there years and are very productive are still getting under $16.00. The time off is good, but if you've got no money to spend on vacation what good is it. So anyway, you've been warned.
Pros
Vacation/holiday
Cons
Poor payscale
A lot of work, little pay
Executive Legal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
Overwhelmed with work that didn't pertain to your position, which I didn't mind because I learned a lot but they don't like to pay. Good team to work with, generous with time off but don't like to pay overtime.
Please Don’t Believe The Hype
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 16, 2017
Horrible plain and simple.
Highly unorganized management who does poor planning and is always lying to their workers.
Poor compensation for the amount of work and NO RAISES!
All management does is smoke cigarettes all day and can never admit when they are wrong about anything.
It’s an everybody for themselves environment.
Only 30 minute lunch even on 10 hour shifts.
Union contract is in place but they’re always going against and do a lot of underhanded things.
Please save yourself some time and energy before thinking about applying to this company.
Pros
Ato
Cons
Everything Else
Great place to work, good people.
Full-time Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 14, 2017
You work from 7am-3:30am, as a warehouse clerk, your customers are your technicians. You make sure you provide their daily parts, place special orders and maintain item accountability, prepare reports and other documents. The bad thing is, everyone thinks you don't do anything else because you are in a building with AC. The warehouse is very relaxed.
Pros
Employees are great and understand each other
Cons
Pay, some employees get paid the same amount doing half the others are doing.
Highly stressful
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 8, 2017
Excellent benefits. Poor compensation. Yearly raises determined by union contract which are negligible. Little room for advancement. Often unrealistic expectations.
Lot of training, must do tasks come at last minute
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2017
On the job training, stressful and lots of corporate reporting. Winn places higher value on training, the environment and culture is very busy and a lot of last minute task are passed down from corporate to all site staff.
Unhappy management.
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 30, 2017
Managers should take anger management classes. Learn how to Manage employees. Never say anything nice. Always negative never gave praise for doing something good
On call every two weeks is difficult when you have a family
Pros
Ato
Cons
Poor management. Rude and disrespectful.
Interact with diverse clients to help service their needs.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
It was good to work with a company that provide housing to low income residents. Winns followed the compliance regulations to ensure that each person that applied had a fair chance as well as the lottery. It was very busy but fulfilling to because you had multiple tasks and each day was different. Some days, I interview the clients, review applications, collect application & credit check fees, run credit check & tenant report, show apartments, check apartments for repairs, and prepare leases for lease signing which is an all day affair.
Short but sweet
Account Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 5, 2017
My time here was short through no fault of Winn
Great office and atmosphere
Fun perks life raffles and catered lunches
Very busy with lots of career advancement opertunities
Pros
career advancement
Impressed
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 5, 2017
The training I received at Winn molded me to the professional I am today. They are intense with the workload but it has challenged me to prioritise and balance work and life. Lease ups are great and its compensation but starting salary could be better. The employee's are welcoming and willing to train with no hesitation.
Don't put your family thru the stress!!
Service Technician/ vacant maintenance. (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYSeptember 4, 2017
I've worked there for over 5 years, corporate has been trying to get rid of all the seasoned people and bringing in temps for 1/2 the money and no benefits

Winn Companies will lose there government contract!!
Pros
Time off but it will be changed by corporate soon
Cons
Stressful work place
Management is terrible
Senior Development Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2017
Over the past year, I have had a miserable time with my manager. He is not helpful at all. He likes to micromanage. He throws the employees on his team under the bus to make himself that much greater. He harassed me over not paying for a $700 course that I would be reimbursed for 4 months after paying the bill. I could not afford it as my spouse was out of work and it was none of his business. He kept badgering me with "I thought you wanted to grow and learn in this company"
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
short lunch breaks, terrible management practices
Resident Services Coordinator
Resident Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 24, 2017
It is a low income based property of 198 units and the other property is a section 8 property and I work between the two one is more challenging than the other, but I love working with the residents, assisting them in how ever I can to make their lives a little less difficult.

A typical day might be helping fill out job applications, trying to find rental and/or rental assistance, seeing where I can get free food for them, passing out flyers about an upcoming event I am bringing to the properties.

The hardest part is convincing the residents to participate more in the events that I bring to the property.

The most enjoyable is when if it is only 3, 5, 10, or 15 of them satisfied with their day then I'm happy also.
great pay but terrible structure.
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2017
Terrible core structure. Pay is good. No union. Got hired and received no training whatsoever. Almaden and Summer Crest has a high employee turn over. Tha manager always brought her boyfriend to work and gossip all day.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Dont do it
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYAugust 15, 2017
Corprate office has taken over and made what was a good place to work and turned it into a temp to hire place, running off the good help and welcoming in temps. This company will loose there government contract in the next 2 years do to corprate sending in the wrong people to take it over
benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks if your a service tech
Great opportunity to grow professionally
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2017
Each day can be busy, but it will allow you to learn how to multitask and manage work as a challenge, self motivation makes it more enjoyable. Great staff!
Pros
continuing education
Nice environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  HI and NCJune 12, 2017
Good working environment. The fellow employees tend to typically have a good attitude and work ethic. Management seems to truly care about employees. Great job security.
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CTMay 14, 2017
Terrible plain and simple lots of underhanded things going on here not to be trusted this co is like a cult days off good Health benefits terrible 401 good
Pros
Days off great
Cons
Underhanded people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinnCompanies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7