WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Forest City, IAAugust 27, 2014
great place to work.
Management was good.
co-workers were great.
Typical day , work on motorcoaches.
Great work enviorment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Forest City, IAMay 1, 2014
Pros: long breaks, good heathcare
Cons: 1/2 mile walk from parking lot to my building
loved the people I worked around, they actually work with you there, I had no idea how to weld until I worked for that company
Production Employee
Production Worker (Former Employee), Forest City, IAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: hot and dusty work environment.
I worked in sawmill area. The pay was average for a facility like this.
fun and friendly place to work
Production worker (Former Employee), Charles City, IADecember 4, 2013
It was an ok place to work, kind of dirty. The people were nice.
More than just a factory
Laborer/Floater (Former Employee), Forest City, IASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: great pay/benefits, management was very helpful, and advancement was easy if you worked hard along with being a leader.
Cons: strenuous hours, shortened lunch break, gets very hot further inside the building during the summers.
Winnebago Industries is a factory/assembly line job. They make Motorhomes or also known as Winnebago’s. So of course, the job gets very repetitive after a couple months of doing the same thing over and over again. A typical workday would consist of clocking in at 6:00a.m. then you wouldn't clock out until 4-5:00p.m.. I asked for more hours because I – more... needed to save money for college and I was a "Floater." I learned everyone's jobs so if someone called in sick or left work, I would stop where I was working and pick up where that individual left off at. Anyway, I picked up more hours to save money for school so I worked from 5:00a.m. to around 5-6:00p.m. Monday to Saturday sometimes even Sunday. My supervisor was great! He made work enjoyable by creating a relaxing, stress free environment with other co-workers. Hardest part of the job was trying to work as a team. It was an assembly line so if one person started to slack, then other people couldn't do their jobs till that individual completed. Or, you had the people that called in almost every Monday because they were "sick." So I had to deal with a large variety of co-workers from the hard workers to the ones who slacked off. That’s where I had to step up and learned to multitask while making sure the assembly line didn’t shut off due to people falling behind. The most enjoyable part of working there was I got along with almost everyone there on my assembly line. Our assembly line averaged about 75-85 people on it. I got along with about 90 percent of them. The people I didn’t get along with were usually quite so they were hard to talk to. My supervisor got a lot of praise from other co-workers about me and my work ethic. This is why I have a hard work ethic and also give a helping hand to those who need it. – less
just a number,no feelings toward the employee,good people that you worked with
Ship out technician (Former Employee), Forest City, IAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: discount on carpet, chance to win a camper for a weekend in the summer.
Cons: would not be a steady income week by week, short hrs and then the next week long hrs, not consistent
i was in ship out,inspect the units,added features as the unit was to be equiped for the final sale,cleaned,repaired flaws,wraped front of units to protect the paint,test drove and filled out papers to show what was completed and ready for delivery.ordered parts when needed.followed the managers instructions,followed wiring schematics to repair problems – more... with unit – less
Winnebago
Production Worker (Current Employee), Forest City, IAJuly 10, 2013
I work in the Shipout Building doing water test and front end alignments. I enjoy the people that I work with but also like working alone.
Vinyl wrap assembler (Former Employee), Forest City, IAJune 7, 2013
Pros: salary, mileage
Typical day on the job was assembling vinyl wrap for the cabinets that get put in the motor homes. I learned how to use different types of machinery and tools. My co-workers were easy to get along with.
Productive and fun work place
Sander (Former Employee), Charles City, Ia .June 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: cant think of any
A team effort was felt all through the plant. Supervisors were hands on in helping the workers get the needed jobs done
Good benefits and decent pay
Machine operator (Current Employee), Forest City, IAFebruary 20, 2013
This company has a good starting pay for our area and offers decent health benefits.
I wish I was still working there
Powder Painter/Stretch Press Operator (Former Employee), Forest City, IADecember 4, 2012
Pros: full insurance benefits; knowledgeable supervisors; teamwork
Cons: hot and dusty work environment
Winnebago Industries truly places their employees first. They offer top-notch insurance packages for medical, dental and life. On top of that they pay very competitive wages to their workers. Were it not for the fact that I was laid off due to a drastic drop in company profit figures I would still be working there.
Good job
Team Member (Former Employee), Forest City, IAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: northern iowa winter
Good people to work with & for. They cared. This is how things used to be in America. Locals got hired on at the regional factory & made a decent life for themselves. Bough a house & a boat & put the kids thru college. Winnebago used to be America.
Winnebago Industries
Industrial Designer (Former Employee), Forest City, IAApril 12, 2012
Cons: stay away from the rv industry
Stay away from the RV industry in general - very cyclical....