WINNIE PALMER HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2017
My daily day is answering and placing food orders for all patients and their guests. I learned all about the different diets each patient is on, and making sure that their meals adheres to their diet orders. The hardest part of the job is sitting for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members I worked with.
Pros
free beverages and discounts
Cons
short breaks, long hours sitting
Winnie Palmer is a great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2017
I served as a Mother-Baby healthcare team member for a continually growing and teaching facility. Coordinate
patient care with Physicians, Nurses, Technicians, and other team members ensuring optimal patient care and
patient satisfaction. My responsibilities included admissions for postpartum mothers and newborns, complete assessments, bathing baby, administering medications (oral, IM, or injection) to newborn or mother, assisting with lactation, assisting mother in bathroom for the first 24 hours after delivery, changing diapers of newborn, assisting cesarean section mothers with ambulation, and reviewing/educating mother on discharge orders for newborn and mother.
Charge nurse
Clinical Nurse IV/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Was a great fast paced working environment. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow as a nurse. Enjoyed the variety of opportunities.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Fast paced challenging as a new RN
Supportive co-workers and management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2016
Worked night shift for 24 years before retiring. Co-workers were very supportive and always willing to help each other. The hardest part of NICU was not being able to save some of the tiniest or sickest babies Best part was seeing most of the patients get better and go home.
caring people
High Risk OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for High risk obgyn group at Winnie Palmer, I felt the pay was low and should have been given the opportunity to advance.
Enjoyed working at Winnie Palmer - gained a lot of knowledge
Certified Nursing Assistant (PACU) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Winnie Palmer. I gained a lot of experience and tuition reimbursement is offered, which is a huge plus.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (PACU) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
Enjoyed working for Winnie Palmer Hospital. It is a great place to work and they are advocates of their staff furthering their education
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Wish they paid more
Great hospital, horrible management
Senior Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2015
The hospital is amazing and the benefits are great. But the management is horrible, the cafeteria is ran by an outside company called AVI, which does not care about their employees and the overload of work they put on them since they don't want to hire the necessary personnel in order to keep their salary budget "open".
Love My job
Infant Screening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  orlando, floridaMay 28, 2015
If I could go back I would return in a heartbeat! ..... I love the people I worked with. I learned a lot of different sickness that can occur in new borns and premature babies.
Become an accomplished member of the team by utilizing my knowledge and skills to assess, treat and care for patients with breathing disorders.
Advanced Clinical Technician/NICU Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2014
Provide support of general activities in the NICU unit while maintaining a positive, friendly attitude toward parents, guests, vendors, and staff.

Ensure proficiency in the care of neonatal patients by performing vital signs, record intake/output, bilirubin checks, infant screenings, car seat trials, basic charting of patients and reporting abnormalities to assigned RN.
Pros
Ability to provide quality care for medically dependent individuals
Babies Are Awesome
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
I worked with the little ones in the NICU. A very rewarding job as to not only did I learn a lot, but the parents taught me too. I had great coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job was having to quit. I loved every second of my employment
Pros
Taking care of little babies
Cons
working at night
Productive and great enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2014
Friendly and fun enviroment with patients and staff. Enjoyable and manageable workload.
The place that I dreamt of working at as a child... a dream come true..
Unit secretary/clinical technician (Current Employee) –  83 W Miller Street, Orlando, FL 32806December 12, 2013
On a typical day and through the hustle and bustle of babies being born and brought to our floor...It could be full of excitement. One thing I loved the most about this job was being able to be on the other side of that window with the babies. I have full access to see them, hold them, change them, bath etc. I've always loved babies. I've learned the in's and out's of the daily routines of what it entails to work on a post-partum floor. Mostly every mom comes to our floor healthy, so the stay is very minimal. Coworkers are almost always a pleasure to work with. It's a happy place. We are all apart of celebrating the births of so many beautiful babies. The hardest part of my day probably would be just the initial change of shift and getting started but most of the time... working at Winnie is a pleasure. I love my job here.
Pros
You don't bring the work home with you.
Cons
No real room for advancement.
Wonderful place for mothers and babies
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2013
Winnie Palmer is part of the Arnold Palmer Medical Center and is recognized as a Magnet Facility; “gold standard” for nursing’s contribution to quality patient care, safety, research, and service excellence. It caters to mothers, babies and families from all over Florida with a variety of acuity levels. There are approximately 1100 low to high risk deliveries per month and it houses one the largest NICU's in the nation. Nurse and staff are capable of providing the highest level of care and to their patients. It is a gift to be a part of such an amazing transition in life.
More work for RNs
LPN (2) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2013
It's a great place for job security.
Recently they have added more workload to the RNs at L&D.
Team members are helpful.
Their goal is to have techs, LPN's, RN's to work as a team.
They used to have Baby nurses, but they closed that unit of nurses; sadly those baby nurses (RN's) were forced to find other units or other hospitals.
The labor nurse has now to take primary care of both pt and newborn.
Pros
Job security, helpful team members
Cons
Recently they have added more workload to the RNs in L&D.
Great learning experience
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2013
Great learning experience in working with women and children.
Great place to work just looking for a place to grow more
Postpartum Registered Nurse Clinician  (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2013
Work is very busy and fast paced at the beginning and end of the shift. Lots of critical thinking and time management skills are needed. Co-workers are wonderful and helpful.
Pros
Love my coworkers, patients, managers, and what I do
Everyone becomes like a family.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2013
I work 12 hour shifts on the weekends. It was pretty flexible with scheduling. I learned a lot about post partum mother/baby. I was taught about all the things that could happen after delivery and how to avoid them. I rarely worked with management because I work on the weekends. My job is very simple and doesn't need a lot of training. I liked most of the people I worked with.
bad management, poor hygiene, selective in advancement
Hot Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2012
Baked goods for International Breakfast daily. In charge of the grill station. Also assisted Chefs in the main kitchen and innovations kitchen, maintained the main station clean and restock for next shift.
Cons
racist management, no professionalism and denigration
Winnie Palmer is a wonderful environment to work in.
RN II- Labor and Delivery Pre-op/OR/PACU (Former Employee) –  Labor and Delivery Pre-Op/OR/PACUJuly 26, 2012
I was able to develop my nursing career well and learned a great deal at WPH from my coworkers, the life experiences which occurred with my patients, and from being molded by the management team and my educators. Anytime I was unable to find and answer from my own research I felt comfortable going to any peer or superior for help. My work day was never the same. Some days were very full of emergent cases that kept coming through the OR doors, then others only had a couple. Everyday was focused on the safety of mother and baby only some days moved faster than others. The most difficult part of the job was when the day would get so busy from the stacking up of so many sick moms that I felt I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have liked to. Sometimes they would be under such heavy sedation and would just need to rest during the PACU period. What I loved most about my job was helping women, working in the OR, comforting patients who needed me by their side, and helping them to recover enough to move onto the next level of their care at the hospital. I knew that I did the best I could for them and since they were on my unit for a cycle of care I had the opportunity to see them go from the begining of their pre-op to the end of their PACU recovery, or from the begining of labor until after delivery.
Pros
working with wonderful coworkers and great benefits.