WinnResidential Employee Reviews in United States

No opportunity for advancement
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2016
It was great at the beginning of my employment with Winn. Then after the seventh year working there, I started looking for other opportunities outside the company due to lack of opportunities within the company. I stuck it out for a few more years until I was offered an opportunity at a different company.
Pros
Work/Life balance was great
Cons
When opportunities came up for advancement, it was never offered to current employees.
Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 10, 2015
Love working for this company. Have a lot of growth and willing to teach. Great benefits.

If you ever want to work for a company that encourage learning more about the industry, you found a great company to work for. WinnResidential is a company that loves to develop their employees.
What a dump!
Unknown (Former Employee) –  The BronxOctober 15, 2015
WinnResidential is a rotten company. They truly use all their workers as scapegoats and they only care about numbers. They are rude, crude and a waste of time. There is no reason why this managing agent has the worse clientele ever. I would not recommend working for them because if you do not kiss their butts, they will fire you or blame you for their mistakes.
Pros
There are none!
Cons
Your worse crew ever!!
Needs to be more proactive
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2015
High demand culture with a knee jerk reaction to say "just get it done" as well as sitting on big issues until the last minute & demanding instant resolutions. High turnover directly reflects the culture at Winn.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Low Pay
Unprofessional
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2015
WinnResidential is an unprofessional property management company. The leadership team lacks basic leadership skills like the ability to manage staff/work load, inefficient, deal with people internal and external. Very conniving company as a whole. The term C.Y.A which means cover your a** is often used in the company as it is known that when things go wrong leadership altars the scenario to appear as if someone on staff is to blame. In addition, they do not offer a competitive salary. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No support
a day at winn
Cash Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2013
• Open, close and update various types of bank accounts for newly established and existing sites
• Prepare paperwork for the bank, obtaining signatures and special instructions from sites and owners
• Research missing funds and assist co-workers on the site level with any needs they may have with our bank
• Update and maintain many tracking and master list to ensure all accounting is in order for other departments
• Issue checks through positive pay system on a daily basis for Military sites using servicing systems and various banking systems
• Monitor Positive Pay exceptions on a daily basis. Working on paying or rejecting the items based on information found in the servicing system and communicating with the site staff
Consistent workplace, multiple policies and procedures, excellent training.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2013
Very busy workplace. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the policies and procedures. Company is very regimented and consistent. Above average service given. Excellent training programs. Multiple reports monthly no exceptions on time and accuracy must be perfect. Fast Paced.
Pros
excellent and constant training
Cons
health insurance cost.
What I Learned
Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum NYOctober 3, 2014
I applied at Winn Residential at the Fort Drum New York Location. I am a Military Spouse who currently lives on base. The interview went great and I really enjoyed the Head Manager of the Maintenance Department. However I was Let go after only 2 weeks of work, because someone in the office accused me of looking at residents info. I guess that is a problem they have had, I however am not sure what I did wrong. In my eyes I was still learning the Yardi system and if I was in a screen I should not have been why didn't they tell me or help me. I got the feeling early on in the position the Head dispatcher did not like me. In my opinion I was a threat to her. I have a great heart and am a good person. I learned if you live on post don't apply for Winn. It may be a great company but I feel how my experience was handled was unprofessional. I feel like they set me up for failure and that is not a good feeling.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
poor management
Great company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 11, 2015
I truly am thankful the chance to work for such a great management company! This company believes in training and educational courses. Great benefits and great leaders.
NY Region
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2014
NY Region will sell you dreams and aspirations and at the end the believe in covering Fraud. When reported to HR, they are firm believers of retaliation. Instead of suing, I walked away with my honesty and dignity, which was the best decision.
Excellent Company to work for.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2014
Extremely busy office with a staff of 8 responsible for the overall management of 559 units. Great work environment with well trained coworkers. The most difficult part of the job was delinquency and evictions.
Pros
early closing on holidays
Cons
none that i can think of.
Very Good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 8, 2014
Very Good place to workuioh;ewqb iu lifr giylrgfliryegflieywrgfbleiurgfblieuyhgfbvieyuhgfbveiyuhgfvbeuijghvbeuisjhgbvieukdjhfgvbiudjfhgbvuiedfhvbru
Oversee several CA. properties 1500 units in total, including Senior properties. Market/Tax credit properties.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 28, 2014
. Property inspections, re-certifications, compliance, audit files, vacancies, paperwork, files and communicate daily between site staff, RVP and owners. Prepared owners reports monthly and weekly reports for each site. Keep within the Fair Housing laws. Learning Asset Management. Office skills.
• Review financial operations to achieve the highest NOI for each site.
• Coordinated advertising for each site and promotional needs to maximize it highest potential.
• Serve as team leader in property management issues.
• Courteous and professional communication with residents, applicants, staff and vendors.
• Collected rent, notices to tenants, site/unit inspections, paid bills, vendors, turned units, leased.
• Pre lease and lease up experience. On site experience, notices, rent collection, customer service, work orders, unit inspections, unit turns, move in and move outs, vendors, billing and budgets.
• Help with asset management with in my department.
Pros
nice company to work for
Cons
closed the northern ca. office
Exceptional Customer Service & Family Oriented Company
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 19, 2013
Helping assist military families in showing them their new homes and providing exceptional customer service to them day in and day out. I learned that going the extra mile really brings a smile to residents faces and they truly appreciate and trust you. My management was very fair and helpful in teaching the workers in the office upper management operations in case they weren't in the office we could handle any situation. My coworkers were very outgoing, organized, professional, respectful, and had great work ethics. The hardest part of my job was when a resident felt nothing was being done to address any problem they might have been having and fixing it to the quality they were wanting. The most enjoyable part of my job was the team building we had every thursday morning before regular business hours. It showed us how to work together as one huge team even though we were split up into different villages of housing. The appreciation that was given to those rising and going above and beyond their job duties.
would not recommend
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MASeptember 20, 2014
Not compensated for the high demand that is required and not a lot of support for the employees.
Alot of turnover
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2013
Overall WinnResidential is a good company, but the in New York City it needs big help