Winona Health Employee Reviews

ok place to work
HUC - Dept. of Behavioral Medicine (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 10, 2017
The people you work with are great, administration not so much. Administration does not support their employees in their departments. The co-workers are good at pulling together and taking care of business.
Awful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Msp/fbcJanuary 19, 2017
The other nursing assistants are bullies, the nurses are bullies except a few. Upper management will tear you down and bury you. Worst place of employment
First Chaplain
Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 17, 2017
I was the very first chaplain they had so it was extremely fulfilling. They staff was very understanding of the patients and they problems family members had dealing with a serious illness.
Poor managment. High turnover.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  HospitalJanuary 8, 2017
Co-workers are hard working people who are not valued. Management only ever talk about saving money. They do not value employees concerns.
Pros
Good coworkers, like familyn. Hires travel nurses often.
Cons
Management doesn't care about employees or patients
Good company
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work, growth potential. Compensation, pay increases were stagnant. Enjoyed what I did there. Worked with nice people
I loved caring for my patients.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 16, 2016
Winona Health was a wonderful place to work. I loved caring for the elderly who couldn't do their own activities of daily living. I also enjoyed being there for terminal patients who's only family was me. It was a privileged to be allowed to spend their last moments with them.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
no/short breaks
Well rounded place of employment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 3, 2016
While working there I experienced a lot of enthusiasm from the employees while on the job even of rough days everyone was excited to be working.
enjoyable place to work with fun people
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 27, 2016
gathering menus for each patient. each patient always taught me something new everyday. management you could always get along with along with the co workers. i would say the hardest part is after working a whole 8 hour shift getting asked to stay to work a double. the most enjoyable part was getting to talk with each patient
Intimidating work environment
Office (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 30, 2016
A lot of upper level management are bullies (and get away with it) and very intimidating, so staff live in fear of being let go even when they are doing a great job. The board apparently doesn't care about the employees either. It is a hostile work environment, benefits are expensive and don't cover as much as they should. Winona Health has a bad reputation with other employers in the area, Mayo and Gundersen are happy to take the good staff that WH screws over. Good employees are leaving constantly whether by choice or not, and the remaining staff are left to absorb all the work.
Decent workplace to work at.
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 29, 2016
As an environmental assistant or also known as a housekeeper, your job is pretty straight forward. Cleaning from the beginning of your shift to the end of your shift. Depending on where you're maintaining, you might have to do a bit of customer servicing too.

The management there isn't too bad. At first it was a bit hard to keep up with what has to be done with the amount of time given but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy and your shift supervisor isn't always on your case. Just do your job and do it well. Also, your co-workers are awesome.

The hardest part is getting use to working alone in an area. If you're a chicken like me, this position is not for you.
Pros
Good wages at that time.
Cons
Short breaks.
Updates
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my job and all the duties required to perform my job. I got along well with everyone and only left to work full time instead of part time. Winona Health did not have any full time position when I needed the hours.
Good benefits
Receptionist/scheduler 22 years winona health. (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 9, 2016
22 years enjoying my job and additional opportunities. Love helping people.Many yeard working with good doctors and nurses.Great education. Left to go back to school.Answered phones,made appontments,filed ins. helped nurses take messages.
Cons
respectful work place
Great Experience!
RN (Current Employee) –  Winona ClinicDecember 3, 2015
I've had a great experience working for Winona Clinic. It has been a great place to work and my supervisors and co-workers have been wonderful to work with! My hours and vacation time have been flexible which is an awesome perk! Overall, I am very happy a chose to further my career at Winona Health!
Pros
Job Security, Flexibility, friendly staff, compensation
Benefits
difficult place to thrive
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 3, 2015
The best thing about Winona Health is my co-workers. Most of them care for you as if you were family doing what they can to help you in any aspect of your life. If Winona Health was willing to pay at a rate equal to my contemporaries at other organizations I would be willing to put up with managements secrecy and lack of movement just so I could continue to work with my co-workers. Unfortunately most of us get the feeling management feels we are expendable, which causes us to be on edge fearing for our jobs. Innovative ideas coming from the bottom up are most often dead ended with little to no explanation coming from above.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
Pay, insurance, hours
Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 11, 2015
Great doctors and nurses to work with. Many management positions in the middle and upper end. Enjoy taking care of a variety of patients. Shift's are normally moderate to heavy in patient flow. Shift's pass by fast. Health insurance is costly and not very good. Pay does not compete with other hospitals in the area.
The Management is Judgmental
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 22, 2015
I worked in this area and loved my job and the other employees but the management rules unfairly and is quick to judge.
I was accused of a disgraceful act so I proceeded to talk to management to clear my name but instead was told in a longer email, and I quote, " where there is smoke there is fire." After that experience I left since I wasn't going to work under someone who would not listen to my side of the store and could not trust me.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
bad management
Winona Health is a wonderful place to work and is an excellent company.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 5, 2014
I am a chaplain, and so I bring comfort and support to those who are distressed, ill, dying or needing emotional and spiritual care. I work with patients in the hospital, the emergency department, the behavioral unit, the care center, the memory care center, Hospice and Home Care and partial care center. I love the people who I work with, they are dedicated, caring, and skilled. We have a good organization that is always moving forward and achieving new goals.
Loved working in the OR
LPN/Scrub Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 26, 2014
Wish I never had to leave this job. Loved working in the OR. The surgeons were extremely capable. Peers were supportive both professionally and personally.
Excellent
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  WINONA, MNJune 20, 2014
Nice place to work. Friendly people. Some flexibility in hours.
A failing organization
Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 29, 2014
The job was enjoyable because I had great co-worker's. We worked great as a team. Some staff in management rule by bullying and it's tolerated which is unfortunate. Performance reviews went away several years ago so now the only news staff get in writing is bad news (write ups or lay off notices).
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
Wage increase are unlikely

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winona Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9