Winona Health Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyable place to work with fun people
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 27, 2016
gathering menus for each patient. each patient always taught me something new everyday. management you could always get along with along with the co workers. i would say the hardest part is after working a whole 8 hour shift getting asked to stay to work a double. the most enjoyable part was getting to talk with each patient
Intimidating work environment
Office (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 30, 2016
A lot of upper level management are bullies (and get away with it) and very intimidating, so staff live in fear of being let go even when they are doing a great job. The board apparently doesn't care about the employees either. It is a hostile work environment, benefits are expensive and don't cover as much as they should. Winona Health has a bad reputation with other employers in the area, Mayo and Gundersen are happy to take the good staff that WH screws over. Good employees are leaving constantly whether by choice or not, and the remaining staff are left to absorb all the work.
Decent workplace to work at.
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 29, 2016
As an environmental assistant or also known as a housekeeper, your job is pretty straight forward. Cleaning from the beginning of your shift to the end of your shift. Depending on where you're maintaining, you might have to do a bit of customer servicing too.

The management there isn't too bad. At first it was a bit hard to keep up with what has to be done with the amount of time given but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy and your shift supervisor isn't always on your case. Just do your job and do it well. Also, your co-workers are awesome.

The hardest part is getting use to working alone in an area. If you're a chicken like me, this position is not for you.
Pros
Good wages at that time.
Cons
Short breaks.
Updates
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my job and all the duties required to perform my job. I got along well with everyone and only left to work full time instead of part time. Winona Health did not have any full time position when I needed the hours.
Good benefits
Receptionist/scheduler 22 years winona health. (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 9, 2016
22 years enjoying my job and additional opportunities. Love helping people.Many yeard working with good doctors and nurses.Great education. Left to go back to school.Answered phones,made appontments,filed ins. helped nurses take messages.
Cons
respectful work place
Great Experience!
RN (Current Employee) –  Winona ClinicDecember 3, 2015
I've had a great experience working for Winona Clinic. It has been a great place to work and my supervisors and co-workers have been wonderful to work with! My hours and vacation time have been flexible which is an awesome perk! Overall, I am very happy a chose to further my career at Winona Health!
Pros
Job Security, Flexibility, friendly staff, compensation
Benefits
difficult place to thrive
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 3, 2015
The best thing about Winona Health is my co-workers. Most of them care for you as if you were family doing what they can to help you in any aspect of your life. If Winona Health was willing to pay at a rate equal to my contemporaries at other organizations I would be willing to put up with managements secrecy and lack of movement just so I could continue to work with my co-workers. Unfortunately most of us get the feeling management feels we are expendable, which causes us to be on edge fearing for our jobs. Innovative ideas coming from the bottom up are most often dead ended with little to no explanation coming from above.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
Pay, insurance, hours
Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 11, 2015
Great doctors and nurses to work with. Many management positions in the middle and upper end. Enjoy taking care of a variety of patients. Shift's are normally moderate to heavy in patient flow. Shift's pass by fast. Health insurance is costly and not very good. Pay does not compete with other hospitals in the area.
The Management is Judgmental
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 22, 2015
I worked in this area and loved my job and the other employees but the management rules unfairly and is quick to judge.
I was accused of a disgraceful act so I proceeded to talk to management to clear my name but instead was told in a longer email, and I quote, " where there is smoke there is fire." After that experience I left since I wasn't going to work under someone who would not listen to my side of the store and could not trust me.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
bad management
Winona Health is a wonderful place to work and is an excellent company.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 5, 2014
I am a chaplain, and so I bring comfort and support to those who are distressed, ill, dying or needing emotional and spiritual care. I work with patients in the hospital, the emergency department, the behavioral unit, the care center, the memory care center, Hospice and Home Care and partial care center. I love the people who I work with, they are dedicated, caring, and skilled. We have a good organization that is always moving forward and achieving new goals.
Loved working in the OR
LPN/Scrub Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 26, 2014
Wish I never had to leave this job. Loved working in the OR. The surgeons were extremely capable. Peers were supportive both professionally and personally.
Excellent
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  WINONA, MNJune 20, 2014
Nice place to work. Friendly people. Some flexibility in hours.
A failing organization
Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 29, 2014
The job was enjoyable because I had great co-worker's. We worked great as a team. Some staff in management rule by bullying and it's tolerated which is unfortunate. Performance reviews went away several years ago so now the only news staff get in writing is bad news (write ups or lay off notices).
Pros
cafe on site
Cons
wage increase are unlikely
Lost potential
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 15, 2014
Winona Health has a great facility but could do so much better. It is sad that managers are not present and believe everything is okay.
Cons
undervalued
Enjoy the residents
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MinnesotaApril 7, 2014
Enjoy the residents, some of the staff is very petty. Co-workers are lazy and make you do the majority of the work.
Productive, fast-paced workplace with exemplary staff
Watkins Manor Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winona, MinnesotaFebruary 17, 2014
My work at Watkins Manor was one of the most fulfilling jobs I'd ever had. My tasks included stocking the food cart with refrigerated items to bring upstairs, taking menu orders and carrying them out, responding to any resident requests, and cleaning and sanitizing all the dishes at the end of the meal. I learned how to run the heavy-duty dish washer, where utensils belonged and how to set up the kitchen/dishroom for the morning shift, became familiar with some kitchen equipment, and how to be an effective service worker. I absolutely loved spending time with my co-workers, everyone was friendly, helpful, and happy to be there at Watkins. The most challenging moments were the rushes in-between the first wave of residents and the second. At those times, there were residents coming and going and we had to clear up their places quickly as possible and set the tables again. It was the urgency of those times that I found most overwhelming, although it was manageable. This job provided me with experience servicing the elderly and working in such a happy environment. I looked forward to working with my co-workers and enjoyed visiting with the residents, while also fulfilling their requests to their satisfaction. As a food service worker, I was allowed opportunities to work in a team setting, interact with the residents, and discover my desire to continue working in assisted care.
Pros
paid time-off, free holiday meals
Behavioral Medicine
LPN/ Behavioral Medicine Inpatient (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 17, 2013
Every day coming to work I would have no idea what to expect.
I enjoyed teaching patients medication monitoring, how to set up appointments and actually attend appointments.
The most enjoyable part was when patients condition was stable to see them want to get better, and the excitement they felt when they would accomplish the next step in their life.
Good Facilities
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 7, 2013
Although they have good working facilities, they are not very considerate with your schedule. I was a student and they kept trying to schedule my shift hours over my classes, even after I gave them my class schedule, and then expected me to find someone to cover for me. It got to frustrating that I ended up quitting to finish school.
Pros
good facilities
Cons
inconsiderate scheduling
There is great amount of turn over
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 18, 2013
Over expectations of the duties of one nurse for the condition of the res. that are admitted
Pros
good retirement
Cons
over expectation of theaccomplishments of one nurse
hostile environment
nurse (Former Employee) –  acute careApril 17, 2013
Culture is toxic at this facility. Too small for any type of professional growth. Entitled management who have lost the core values of serving a community. Unfortunate to say the least.
Cons
to many to list