Winona State University

Winona State University Employer Reviews

Great job that I was able to work while in school
Intramural Referee (Current Employee), Winona, MNDecember 2, 2013
I reffed around 10 games a week and had a great time doing it. Learned a lot about working with conflicts and problems on the field/court. A lot of people got angry with calls they think I missed, but things always worked out and it was a great experiance.
Very Flexible around my classes
Supplement to Instruction (Current Employee), Winona, MNSeptember 17, 2013
The Supplemental to instruction feels very rewarding. It feels good to see new topics click in their mind. In a normal day I attend the chemistry class and take notes. From my notes, I create a lesson to go over the more complicated topics in depth. Then I give an hour and a half review session.
Very Flexible
Biology Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Winona, MNSeptember 7, 2013
This was a student job so they were very flexible with your schedule allowing you to work when you had time.
Fun place to work, very productive
Studio Assistant (Former Employee), Winona, MNMay 21, 2013
Pros: use of studio and equipment
Cons: scattered hours, no assistance, no guidance from professor in charge
I would go in to the studio when ever a student had a question or wanted assistance. I fixed up an equipment that was damaged by students along with doing inventory and general maintenance. The most difficult part of the job was the scattered hours, some times I would end up going into the studio to help a student at midnight and finish up at 3am.
Pretty good
Programmer (Current Employee), Winona, MNApril 24, 2013
Very free and at my own pace. The hardest part was to read the source code given to me, but that was also the most enjoyable part.
Efficient and fun place to work
Human Resources Office Assistant (Current Employee), Winona, MNMarch 12, 2013
My days were usually filled with paperwork and working with computers, but the people you are around make everything more fun. I learned how to deal with many different moods that other people have at one time. Management was easy to talk to and very considerate of your problems and needs.
student worker
Teaching Learning Technology Technician (Former Employee), Winona, MNOctober 22, 2012
Pros: it support
Cons: being a student worker
pecialized in troubleshooting, software installation, and reimaging as needed
Integrate local and external instructional network and end-user applications related to online training and support provision
Assemble ITV (Winona based system connecting students and staff throughout the state), display monitors, maintain, support and evaluate mission-critical – more... network, Web, and end-user educational technologies that serve faculty members and students across the Winona and Rochester campuses – less