Winona State University

Winona State University Employer Reviews

Extremely Professional and Understanding that schooling is first before working.
Student Manager (Current Employee), Winona, MNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: hours, they make sure you get off if you need to do school work, management.
Cons: very hectic the first couple weeks
My time as a Winona State student worker/manager has been life changing. I wasn't very proud of most of my job experience until this one. I had met great co-workers who are still my friends even after graduation. What sticks out to me the most is my supervisors. They have treated me with respect since day one. I was so proud when they asked me to be – more... a student manager, it showed me that my hard work has paid off. The hardest part of my job was getting the new employees up to speed. The first two weeks is very hectic but we always manage to get things done. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with all of the different cultures. Winona State hires the international students first since they cant work off campus, so the majority of my coworkers are from all over the world. I learned how to work with so many different cultures this past two and a half years. – less
Productive and Innovative
Technical Support (Former Employee), Winona,MNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: playing and exploring wit the newest technology
I am student worker at TLT which a technical support for faculties and staff of Winona State University. As a student worker, I am responsible for answering phone call and to provide technical support for the faculties and staff. A typical day at TLT would require me to assist faculties and staff configuring their computers (pc. and mac) with classroom – more... support.

I enjoy almost every aspect of the job as I get to learn about a lot of technical issues and then trouble shoot those problems. – less
caring and passioinate about students
Director of Development/Major Gifts Officer (Current Employee), Winona, MNJune 9, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits and competive salary
WSU defines itself as a community learners improving the world. WSU walks the talk of this mission statement with genuiness and integrity.It truly cares about the students, its faculty and staff.
Great job that I was able to work while in school
Intramural Referee (Current Employee), Winona, MNDecember 2, 2013
I reffed around 10 games a week and had a great time doing it. Learned a lot about working with conflicts and problems on the field/court. A lot of people got angry with calls they think I missed, but things always worked out and it was a great experiance.
Very Flexible
Biology Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Winona, MNSeptember 7, 2013
This was a student job so they were very flexible with your schedule allowing you to work when you had time.
Fun place to work, very productive
Studio Assistant (Former Employee), Winona, MNMay 21, 2013
Pros: use of studio and equipment
Cons: scattered hours, no assistance, no guidance from professor in charge
I would go in to the studio when ever a student had a question or wanted assistance. I fixed up an equipment that was damaged by students along with doing inventory and general maintenance. The most difficult part of the job was the scattered hours, some times I would end up going into the studio to help a student at midnight and finish up at 3am.
Pretty good
Programmer (Current Employee), Winona, MNApril 24, 2013
Very free and at my own pace. The hardest part was to read the source code given to me, but that was also the most enjoyable part.
Efficient and fun place to work
Human Resources Office Assistant (Current Employee), Winona, MNMarch 12, 2013
My days were usually filled with paperwork and working with computers, but the people you are around make everything more fun. I learned how to deal with many different moods that other people have at one time. Management was easy to talk to and very considerate of your problems and needs.
student worker
Teaching Learning Technology Technician (Former Employee), Winona, MNOctober 22, 2012
Pros: it support
Cons: being a student worker
pecialized in troubleshooting, software installation, and reimaging as needed
Integrate local and external instructional network and end-user applications related to online training and support provision
Assemble ITV (Winona based system connecting students and staff throughout the state), display monitors, maintain, support and evaluate mission-critical – more... network, Web, and end-user educational technologies that serve faculty members and students across the Winona and Rochester campuses – less