Winona State University Employee Reviews

Great student job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 18, 2017
Working for Winona State University as a painter during the summers was excellent. The job is not stressful in any way. The compensation isn't great but it's also not bad considering all you have to do is paint dorm rooms which is very easy.
Easy fun productive job
Art Department Work Study (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 17, 2017
Easy going job, pick your own hours to work. Can be both a very easy job or a hard job depending on the tasks assigned. Overall its a very convenient program to work for.
Pros
easy going, gernerally pick your hours (depending on placement), great chance to learn from within you're field of study
Cons
inconsistent hours
great place to start out of school
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Winona, MN 55987July 6, 2017
great entry level work, pay, and benefits
lots of regional travel
not very many opportunities to move up salary wise
basically sales with no bonuses or commissions
Pros
great benifits
Cons
average pay
WSU Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 30, 2017
Useful early on in my development as a coach. Learned a lot of useful tips and tricks from the staff. A good school to start off at for those just starting out.
Productive and efficient work place.
tutoring front desk (Former Employee) –  libraryJune 12, 2017
As the front desk for tutoring, I answer calls and make appointments. Students are also able to come into the tutoring center to make an appointment directly through me. I will often organize files and the working area for tutors and students. This includes wiping down tables, key boards and door handles, and pushing chairs in. The hardest part of the job would be helping students who cannot be helped due to their own error. For example, people also come to us for supervised test taking and they have to schedule it themselves. Sometimes people will appear on the wrong day and i can't do anything for them but to tell them that they would have to reschedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others. It could be organizing something to make work a bit easier for my supervisor to directly helping someone understand the tutoring process. I enjoy making things easier for others.
Community driven and sustainability achievers
Interim Director of Integrated Wellness (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 9, 2017
Winona State University focuses on community involvement and achieving state of the art changes to provide the best type of education for students and the community.
Graduate Student
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 8, 2017
I am a graduate student, not an employee so I am not able to offer any insight as to what working at Winona State University is like. not sure what to say.
Great Workplace & Collegues
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 5, 2017
Overall, It's a great place to work. The Colleagues and Management do care about each other's both at work and off work.
There,s a lot of advancements opportunity within and also in the MNSCU system.
Great Culture
Strength and Conditioning Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 19, 2017
Building relationships with professionals in the field has been a great part of working here. Having the flexibility on the job has helped me develop personally and professionally.
Great school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 2, 2017
The school is great, they are all about making sure that the students are well educated and have enough knowledge to go into the real life armed with a great education.

Want to know more about Winona State University?

Ask a question
Winona State University
Student Worker/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 28, 2017
I work here as a student advocate/worker and I love this job. Everyone in the office is wonderful and great to be around. Whenever I'm in struggling with something, I always go to my coworkers because they know just the right things to say and do. I appreciate them so much for all the advice and help they've given me. I'm still in disbelief that I got such a good job so soon in my college career.
Pros
Academic Help and Flexible hours
Work Study
Server Support (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 8, 2017
It was great working there, flexible schedule. workload wasn't that much. everyone was really nice and were willing to help.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant for Admissions (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 12, 2016
Check emails first to see what i need to do first. Check in with my boss if he needs help or has anything for me to specifically work on.
I learnt that i need to more strict with students on deadlines instead of being lenient.
The management and my co workers are very productive. Most of the time you work by yourself but if i did have any questions or concerns i am able to talk to my supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of working in the administration office is that i am able to interact with fellow students international and non international and make them feel right at home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
finish some work at home
Great place to work, low salary
Academic Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 10, 2016
Great college student job, ideal to work for if you are just starting out in college at Winona State. If you are a good student, I highly recommend you tutor.
Friendly Lab Instructors
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 10, 2016
Overall, lab professors and instructors were very enjoyable to work with. This position was a good way to get more lab experience.
Not A Job
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 21, 2016
I went to school there. It was truly an amazing experience!
Great schedule, great people, friends for a lifetime!

business team is great there, small classes!
Fun place to work
Supplemental to Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 18, 2016
The city of appleton allowed me to grow in an office setting and further my growth as an employee. They offered a safe work place that encouraged growth and learning as an employee
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Low Pay
Winona State University
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Winona Senior High School Winona, MNFebruary 26, 2016
My time at WSU was a pleasant experience where I learned a lot about working with different types of people. I would continue to work at WSU if there were full time positions available with benefits.
Pros
Working with the high school students and college athletes
Cons
Pay/Benefits/Hours
Great work place, very fun!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 14, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed working for Winona State! My time here has been an exciting learning experience with some wonderful coworkers!
Great Job
Full Time Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 19, 2015
I have loved my job at Winona State University. The school is a great employer, and the town is great as well. I would recommend it to anyone.