Winona State University Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly Lab Instructors
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 10, 2016
Overall, lab professors and instructors were very enjoyable to work with. This position was a good way to get more lab experience.
Not A Job
Girl Scout Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 21, 2016
I went to school there. It was truly an amazing experience!
Great schedule, great people, friends for a lifetime!

business team is great there, small classes!
Fun place to work
Supplemental to Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 18, 2016
The city of appleton allowed me to grow in an office setting and further my growth as an employee. They offered a safe work place that encouraged growth and learning as an employee
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Low Pay
Winona State University
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Winona Senior High School Winona, MNFebruary 26, 2016
My time at WSU was a pleasant experience where I learned a lot about working with different types of people. I would continue to work at WSU if there were full time positions available with benefits.
Pros
Working with the high school students and college athletes
Cons
Pay/Benefits/Hours
Great work place, very fun!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 14, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed working for Winona State! My time here has been an exciting learning experience with some wonderful coworkers!
Great Job
Full Time Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 19, 2015
I have loved my job at Winona State University. The school is a great employer, and the town is great as well. I would recommend it to anyone.
Inviting and easy going yet productive atmosphere
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 27, 2015
Very enjoyable atmosphere. Management/superiors provided a comfortable and non threatening workplace environment. Learned a lot from my boss how to conduct myself in the workplace. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with lots of different personalities and growing my skill set and interpersonal skills.
Pros
Skill building opportunities
Cons
Not enough skill building work
Best 4 years ever
writer (Former Employee) –  winona, mnAugust 17, 2015
-Beautiful, small-town atmosphere
-Gorgeous campus
-Helpful teachers
-Easy to make friends
-Great clubs and activities to get involved in
Productive, Enjoyable, Learned a lot
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 26, 2015
The Chemistry department staff is great as well as the other students involved in research. Always had fun even on busy days. Was able to work at my own pace and get things done when I had the time.
Pros
Educational experience
Top notch place to work!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 3, 2015
Winona State University has proven to be a student-centered organization that is an absolute pleasure to work for. I would recommend it to anyone!
Cool Area
Graduated Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 27, 2015
The job was great. The area was great. No complaints at all. Lots of good fishing on the Mississippi river. Would recommend.
Creative and artistic place with great people
Event Planning Internship (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 14, 2015
Event planning for college residence every Thursday night. Learning sound and light controlled, interior decoration and operation, promotion executed and marketing strategies planned and event organized. Leadership and supervised for 20 students.
Fun
Tutor (Current Employee) –  winonaFebruary 20, 2015
Fun little job, enjoyed working with fellow class mates, and helping kids that really needed help because I know how it can feel to not get some thing right away.
Student internship
Art Gallery Intern (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 5, 2015
I am an Art Gallery intern for Winona State's Art Department. This is not a paid position. I am compensated through educational credits. I have learned how to prep and galleries for upcoming installations and how to stay publicly connected with a large audience through social media.
Pros
hards on experience in establishing and prepping art gallery spaces
Cons
unpredictable hours, yet flexible
Extremely Professional and Understanding that schooling is first before working.
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 29, 2014
My time as a Winona State student worker/manager has been life changing. I wasn't very proud of most of my job experience until this one. I had met great co-workers who are still my friends even after graduation. What sticks out to me the most is my supervisors. They have treated me with respect since day one. I was so proud when they asked me to be a student manager, it showed me that my hard work has paid off. The hardest part of my job was getting the new employees up to speed. The first two weeks is very hectic but we always manage to get things done. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with all of the different cultures. Winona State hires the international students first since they cant work off campus, so the majority of my coworkers are from all over the world. I learned how to work with so many different cultures this past two and a half years.
Pros
hours, they make sure you get off if you need to do school work, management.
Cons
very hectic the first couple weeks
Productive and Innovative
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Winona,MNSeptember 9, 2014
I am student worker at TLT which a technical support for faculties and staff of Winona State University. As a student worker, I am responsible for answering phone call and to provide technical support for the faculties and staff. A typical day at TLT would require me to assist faculties and staff configuring their computers (pc. and mac) with classroom support.

I enjoy almost every aspect of the job as I get to learn about a lot of technical issues and then trouble shoot those problems.
Pros
playing and exploring wit the newest technology
caring and passioinate about students
Director of Development/Major Gifts Officer (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 9, 2014
WSU defines itself as a community learners improving the world. WSU walks the talk of this mission statement with genuiness and integrity.It truly cares about the students, its faculty and staff.
Pros
outstanding benefits and competive salary
Great job that I was able to work while in school
Intramural Referee (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 2, 2013
I reffed around 10 games a week and had a great time doing it. Learned a lot about working with conflicts and problems on the field/court. A lot of people got angry with calls they think I missed, but things always worked out and it was a great experiance.
Very Flexible
Biology Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 7, 2013
This was a student job so they were very flexible with your schedule allowing you to work when you had time.
Fun place to work, very productive
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 21, 2013
I would go in to the studio when ever a student had a question or wanted assistance. I fixed up an equipment that was damaged by students along with doing inventory and general maintenance. The most difficult part of the job was the scattered hours, some times I would end up going into the studio to help a student at midnight and finish up at 3am.
Pros
use of studio and equipment
Cons
scattered hours, no assistance, no guidance from professor in charge

4.7