Winpak

Winpak United States Employee Reviews

Winpak Corp.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Pekin, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: standing in one spot for hours at times
The job was good and the benefits were great. The hardest part of job would be when machines broke down and for the most part job was fairly easy. The co-workers all got along fairly well and I enjoyed the work atmosphere.
Good luck
Utility (Former Employee), Pekin, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything about it once you're there for a short while.
Saw someone post about how they almost seem to enjoy to see you fail, I would have to agree. I am a very hard, reliable, trustworthy worker. I have been told that throughout my 27 years of existence. They trained me for a week straight on pulling stock, I had it down. Of course there would be days where you fall behind, it is a demanding position pulling stock. Instead of trying to be understanding, especially since they JUST fired 2 people, nah let's just demoralize you. They then trained me on the floor and the training was extremely bad. I mean like, wow. Along with working the floor and the other 500 responsibilities they expect of you there are so many side jobs that you barely get any experience doing. I hope you can grow another set of hands. So if you get stuck on something you have no idea how to do because of lack of training, and all your team is busy, good luck keeping this job. When let go the 2nd shift supervisor LIED, saying I had done things that I know for a fact I did not do. Could she prove it? Naw. Could I? Nope. I was just starting to get the entire job down 100% and enjoy it more when I was called in and let go over petty things that literally never happened. I was the 3rd person to be fired from Winpak is less than 2 weeks. So my honest opinion? Blow off this company, and 2nd shift, and how they go about everything. Not to mention how much they take out of your checks. Like for real? Anyways, you can DEFINITELY find a better place to work, that will pay just as much if not better, and not expect you to be an octopus. Welp, thanks for the unemployment Winpak. And thanks for teaching me how some companies just plain suck, but have a wonderful sugar-coating.
pay is high but not enough for dealing with all the bullcrap.
laborer (Former Employee), PekinOctober 19, 2014
Pros: pros? umm you get paid decently
Cons: cons? half the pay gets taken in union dues and other expenses.
Management is power hungry.

Supervisors play games with the new employees and seem to enjoy watching them fail.

Do not quit a decent job to come work here.

On the job training is great, if you like to be trained by someone whom themselves were trained about 3 months prior with absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Expect to be held to the exact same standards as those who have been their 10+ years. Also no human error is allowed.

Management cant even stand to be there, hence the fact you are reading a help wanted add.

If your homeless or have no other options, then by all means take your chances at this facility. I personally would rather taking my chances on surviving a jump off the top of the building head first.
Pays is good, Climate controlled, hands on. friendly
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee), Senoia, GaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: money was good. insurance was ok. very friendly staff and co-workers
Cons: 12 hour shifts, night shift, working holidays if you were scheduled to work except christmas
Very secure place to work. employees are cared about a lot. steady place to work. 12 hour shifts. areas to advance up in the company. i worked there for 7 years. just got tired of working night shift and not being home with my family, other then that it was a great place to work. highly recommended.
long hours job could be tedious somewhat monotonous at times but pay is definitely worth the hours
Shipper receiver (Former Employee), Chicago Heights IllinoisAugust 5, 2014
Pros: four breaks for 12 hrs shifts
Cons: breaks are short and management sometimes plays favorites
good place to work for the pay you're not going to find anything else that pays what they do in this immediate area.
Awful pay and management don't care
Press operator (do everything) (Former Employee), Senoia, GAApril 26, 2014
Cons: everything
Everyone's constantly trying to leave. Upper management doesn't care about anyone. High turnover rate. Lie to get you there then abuse your generosity without even a thank you. Will not advance and reviews are awful. Can't even afford health insurance working here. Management plays stupid. Don't ask for anything once your employed even everyday supplies bc management does whatever they have to to come under budget. They get bonuses for making under budget. At your expense. Don't work here. Any job is better.
Fun place to work.
Material Handler / Shipper Receiver (Former Employee), South Chicago Heights ILFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: pay rate
Cons: long hours
Good people and good benefits. Tweleve hour shifts and a rotating schedule are include. Two days on three days off then vise versa.

Winpak Salaries