WinStar World Casino Employee Reviews

Great exciting place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 15, 2016
Cleaned and maintained the restrooms and common areas of the casino. Busy environment, multitasking, fun place to work. I felt very rewarded after maintaining the shift with excellent cleanliness and great customer service!
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
odd hours
Fun place to work
Players Club Representative (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMay 4, 2016
i enjoy my job. Fast pace, makes the day go by fast. I have a growing friendship with my co workers. would like full time, my job is easy tho.
Nice place to work
Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKApril 27, 2016
The company as a whole is amazing! However the schedule flexability isnt available. The Orientation is informative, staff is like family, they do offer training, but hard to get an interview if interested in more than one field, really enjoyed my time and hated that I had to leave due to unseen family issues that required my immediate attention or I would still be there
Pros
Fun environment
Wonderful place to work!
Vault Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMarch 30, 2016
The Chickasaw Nation is by far one of the most impressive companies to work for!! I have only great things to say about them in all areas and hold a huge amount of respect for what they have accomplished and all they will no doubt do in the future!!!
Typical Day on the Job
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJanuary 21, 2016
Same as I listed in previous position at Riverwind Casino. The difference for this job was the atmosphere. At the time I worked at this facility, it was the 3rd largest casino in the world. Everyday, there was an energy of pride and excitement from the customers and most employees.
Pros
Worked at what is now the largest casino in the world.
Cons
Wasn't able to stay at the current facility as long as planned.
Great job with great benefits
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJanuary 18, 2016
Winstar is a great place to work. The pay is very competitive for the area, and the benefits are great as well. Other than the lack of advancement, unless you are of Native American heritage, this is a great company to work.
Exciting and fun interacting with all the different people
Cash Cage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKDecember 12, 2015
I enjoyed being around all the people and getting to know all the different types of people. I loved being able to train my cashiers on how to do their job efficiently and productively. They learned how to take pride in their job and enjoy it. I have learned that not all management is good, but when you find the good ones they can teach you more than you would have ever thought. I love all of my co-workers to the extent they are like family to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can be around positive people that love each other like family.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Upper Management
great job worked with great people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKNovember 6, 2015
this was a great job all the employees got along, but the management was sub par they were always trying to cut cost so alot of times we didnt have we needed.They also were very bad about promotions and pay raises we were promised, so because of that the turnover rate was very high
Great workplace, very flexible
Players Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKSeptember 18, 2015
Loved to help patrons, very rewarding job, hardest part of the job was the cigarette smoke, most of the coworkers were very friendly, and the management was also friendly but stern when needed to be.
An ok place to work
Gaming (Current Employee) –  Thackerville okSeptember 5, 2015
This facility has its flaws, but what place don't. They offer decent insurance, but more times then not find ways around you getting it. They are not very realistic in the way of people having families outside of that place.
Pros
insurance
Cons
short staff, disregard for family life
Great Job, Very Exciting, Amazing Employees And Managers.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 17, 2015
Fast, Overwhelming, Enjoyable Loving Caring Work Place. Makes You Feel As If You Were At Home With Your Own Family. They Are Very Understanding Of Your Life Always There To Help In Anyway Possible. Provide Outstanding Benefits And Even Better Rewards. Working At Gran Via Will Be The Greatest Choice Anybody Could Make.
Pros
Tips, Employee Discounts, Food
Cons
Small Sections To Work
decent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJuly 28, 2015
The company as a whole is a great place to work. They seem to really care about thweir employees wellbeing. My only real complaint is that management can be unorganized at times, which creates a stressful work environment. Moving some people around in positions would solve the issue, but people tend to be buddy buddy here.
Great pay and benefits
Player Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJuly 24, 2015
The pay and benefits were the best part about this workplace. Medical and vision were cheap for employees that have worked over six months. The pay was way above minimum wage.
Good work environment
Safety Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJuly 2, 2015
Performed OSHA inspections at casino. Completed accident reports for injuries to customers and/or employees. Looked for and reported any potential safety hazards at casino.
Was a good place to work, originally
Drink Server Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 16, 2015
At first, it was an enjoyable place to work. However, after having worked there long enough it became a case of tedium and repetitiveness.
Pros
The People
Cons
Double-Standards
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 11, 2015
The managers are very nice and respectful. There is never a boring day and you get to listen to music all day since its a casino.
Pros
many locations to choose to eat.
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work.
Assistant Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMay 5, 2015
I enjoy all my co-workers. I do want to work in Texas because I don't like paying Oklahoma State tax because I don't live there. But the pay is very good there.
One of the best jobs I have ever had and still love it.
Pros
Good working enviroment with lots of benifits.
Cons
The hours, and the State tax
Love my job!
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKApril 12, 2015
I work nights and weekends and I love it! Benefits are outstanding and I love the people that I work with and also those that I work for.
Pros
Great insurance, a fun place to work, frequent breaks
Cons
NONE!
Loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKSeptember 26, 2014
I saw thousands of customers every day and was able to keep a smiling face.
Nice environment, great way to start in a company
Chip Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  poker roomSeptember 8, 2014
I loved working for the Chickasaw nation. There are many windows of job opportunity. I was well at handling the cash drawer,and I learned to count poker chips. Everyone had great hospitality and wore a smile going in and leaving.
Pros
401 k, discounted meals and friendlyness
Cons
n/a

4.2