WinStar World Casino

WinStar World Casino Employee Reviews

Love my job!
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee), Thackerville, OKApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great insurance, a fun place to work, frequent breaks
Cons: NONE!
I work nights and weekends and I love it! Benefits are outstanding and I love the people that I work with and also those that I work for.
Loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thackerville, OKSeptember 26, 2014
I saw thousands of customers every day and was able to keep a smiling face.
Nice environment, great way to start in a company
Chip Cage Cashier (Former Employee), poker roomSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 401 k, discounted meals and friendlyness
Cons: n/a
I loved working for the Chickasaw nation. There are many windows of job opportunity. I was well at handling the cash drawer,and I learned to count poker chips. Everyone had great hospitality and wore a smile going in and leaving.
Great Benifits
Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee), Thackerville, OKAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: working 3rd shift
Interesting working for The Chickasaw people and certainally a profitable business they've built
Overall, not a bad place. Each department has it downfalls, but the Chickasaw Nation is good to their employees.
KIOSK VAULT CERK (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: lots of lunch options on site, had great benefits and employee apprecition events/programs
Cons: lots of walking over such a large casino, not really worried about your life outside of the casino, not consistent in follow through in all departments regarding rules
The management of the whole casino is a little out of touch with employees wants and needs, but each department has different levels of management that vary greatly in their attentiveness. The benefits when I was there were great for full time and part time; however, they may have changed what is offered since I left the company.
This was a good place to work. Staff was very good to me. The job gave me good experience
Trash team (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good people and good job skills
Cons: too short of a time there.
My co-workers were a good team to work with. I am sorry I had to leave for personal reasons.
Cocktail Serving
Cocktail waitress (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKFebruary 22, 2014
Alot of walking during this eight hour shift.Overall great money to be made. You cannot be lazy. Great atomosphere!
n/a
Chip Verifier (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKFebruary 17, 2014
Hard work and long hours. Great atmosphere to be in. But your on you feet all day.
Protecting Customers and Casino Property.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Thackerville, OKFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: my job.
Cons: not enough hours.
Employees and work place is really awesome. Working at the casino you become this tight knit family because well were all working up there during the week and trying to make a living. Insurance benefits do help. and letting us get back to 36 hours again would be really awesome.
Fun workplace
Cashier/ Host (Current Employee), Thackerville, OkJanuary 3, 2014
Love the benefits and the managers. Busy days, every day at night is a rush of customers. Fast paced enviorment.
Fun and exciting
Player Services Clerk (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKJanuary 2, 2014
Always some type of excitement. Get to meet different types of people for all over the world.
winstar
Driver/Transportation Clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 25, 2013
fixed route learned people as well as detures, management ok, great work ethic skills, waiting, driving and deal with people.
Enjoyed the eneretic atmosphere
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKNovember 24, 2013
Pros: people
Appreciative for the people I worked with and the opportunity given to me.
Best job I have ever had.
Drink Server (Former Employee), Thackerville,OkNovember 20, 2013
Aside from going to work at 2 a.m. I was able to enjoy a fast variety of people coming to our establishment and spending their money.
Great place to gain basic experience in the casino industry
EG Tech 2 (Current Employee), Thackerville, OKOctober 13, 2013
Pros: employee discounts at most eateries, an employee dining room that serves fairly decent food at great prices
Cons: most new employee positions start part time at 29 hours or less
WinStar Casino is the largest of it's kind I've ever worked in. It's a great place to get one's feet wet in the casino industry. Most of the people I've worked with there are fairly easy to get along with. There are some great places to eat as well. Try a Khan's burger. They're awesome! One of the major drawbacks to new employees is only having part time positions at less than 29 hours a week.
Ok job, good benefits, bad values
Representative (Current Employee), Thackerville, OKSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: discrimination, management
The job is ok. You get good benefits. However, the company is allowed to discriminate against you by law. Unless you are Native American they do not care about you and will tell you to your face. They also try to promote only their race and leave other races out. The management is horrible. They lie about you and write you up for those lies. The company makes millions upon millions of dollars and year and you are lucky to get a 40 cent raise a year. They will also do anything they can to stop you from getting your yearly bonus.
don't care for their employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee), thackerville, okAugust 13, 2013
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: dealt with unhealthy work environment and dealt with drunken customers
Upper management didn't care about the employees health, they made employees work 48hours a week with no overtime. some employees were forced to stay up for 36 hours straight.
fun to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Marietta, OKJuly 23, 2013
keeps you busy, fun work place, great pay and benefits, improves customer skills
laid back kitchen
Line Cook (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKJuly 8, 2013
I was able to work with some of the top of the line chefs. they payed very well but when it got slow it was very hard to get hours. one of the best companys I worked for.
Fast-paced work envirornment
Black Jack Dealer (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKMay 29, 2013
I enjoyed every aspect of this job. I got to play cards and earned money while doing it! I would say the hardest thing about this job was learning the payouts...which wasn't all that hard.

WinStar World Casino Salaries