WinStar World Casino Employee Reviews

Overall great work plsce
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJuly 30, 2017
Worked four days and off three days that's AKWAYS a plus I worked on morning shift and majority of my co workers were all around good people to work with. Our Supervisor that was in charge of our shift was great He cares about each employee and would help you or point you in right direction. Very fair and was overall a great Supervisor .
Pros
You got a hour lunch and three fifteen minute breaks
great place to work
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJuly 26, 2017
There is a different style of job there for everyone. As a dealer you will have to be able to handle frustrated customers. and if you can get by that and be able to think very quickly you will love this job.
Busy Place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 30, 2017
Winstar Hotel is a good place to work at. I learned a lot in HSKP over the years. With new director here I found out is time for me to move on to better places. Work environment can be stressful at times since majority of employees complain a lot. There is no such hard part for a supervisor or inspector. I enjoy talking to guests and helping out my coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits
Wonderful
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 1, 2017
Great benefits and the people are amazing to work for. I have learned that team work is crucial to get the job done and there is so much growth potential.
very hard working people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMay 14, 2017
Its a great place to work depending on what department that you end up going into. The nation can help you a in a lot of different ways just depending on what you want to do with the rest of your life. they can drain you out but they can also help you make a better life and future for yourself.
Pros
the amazing people that you meet everyday!!!
Cons
benifits
Learning Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMay 10, 2017
This job was a stepping stone into the field of an Officer for me. I've learned a great lesson in how things work and how to obey orders from supervisors. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a stepping stone into Law Enforcement.
Pros
Great work associates
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMay 4, 2017
Inter action with the customers and make sure they are safe and the have the best time. The task we do also makes the time go by faster. We do walk a lot but this is good for your health.
Cons
health benfit
a very wonderful work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKApril 19, 2017
My job is all about customer service. I learned to be a people person. The work place culture is very Diversity.The hard thing is the customer is all way right. The best thing about the job is the different people I meet.. overall I love the job.
Pros
great places to eat
Cons
short breaks
Winstar Casino
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKApril 5, 2017
Great place to work if your willing to make the daily drive to Thackerville OK. One hour pre shift meetings daily along with the commute make for a nearly 12 hour working day.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Smoke from cigs and cigars
A solid company to work for, but for what I am searching for just a stepping stone.
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMarch 27, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working at WinStar. My supervisor has been very understanding when it comes to the completion of my degree and the balance I have with my work schedule. Pay was great during the course of degree completion, but unfortunately after I received my degree I felt that I could earn more and that is where differences have occurred. I have no regrets working at WinStar. I have enhanced my experience and knowledge whilst working in the Accounting department, but unfortunately pay for the position I am interested in moving up to was not there. All and all its a great company to work for, but geographically pay may be a restriction.
Pros
Great Management, benefits were solid, and the overall job culture is good.
Cons
Its a bit of a drive from most places, certain positions should pay more than what they presently do.
Fun environment
Poker Chip Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMarch 20, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges this job brought. I think the hardest part of the job was having co-workers call in a lot. It added a little extra stress especially when we are busy. I love the patrons and employees I worked with.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Too much drama
Great energetic environment.
Players Club Rep (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMarch 15, 2017
Winstar is a fantastic place to work. The environment is energetic and fun. The supervisor always have your back. Compensation is competitive for the area.
Great coworkers
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKFebruary 22, 2017
The people that I work with are great but the upper management needs some working on. There is a lot of unprofessionalism, favoritism and undesirable work conditions.
Busy
Poker cage cashier & blackjack dealer (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKFebruary 14, 2017
The people you work with are pretty nice.but the people you deal with are not always happy to see us. Most of them are losing money so they can be rude at times
Good work and good money
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Although hard work, it is good money and good management. Must be on your feet all of the shift and willing to move a lot. Long hours and patrons may be moody.
fast paced work enviroment
Blackjack dealer (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKDecember 31, 2016
It was a good place to work until the ceo started cutting back on employee benefits and causing a somewhat hostile work environment due to the changes.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKDecember 28, 2016
I do not want to answer this question on the basis that it could be held against me in future employment endeavors with the Chickasaw.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
i miss working at Winstar
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKDecember 4, 2016
I loved working at Winstar. The hours are not very family friendly and it is very hard to get the hours that you need, if you don't want second or third shifts. I still find myself recommending Winstar to anyone and everyone that will listen. This place does become part of your family if you let it. The work wasn't hard, but the duties of the job do change quite often. It is neat to learn new things though.
Pros
Great people to work with, great pay and great benefits
Cons
The hours
Hard working position.
Drop Team Lead (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 8, 2016
Running money, machine maintenance, office work, assisting customers, cleaning. Learned office work and maintenance on machines. Management could have been better. co workers were good and bad but equally tried to help them succeed. Hardest part was down time, enjoyable was the busy time.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
nobody on the same page.
Productive fun environment
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKOctober 27, 2016
Always busy and keeps you on your toes. Have to be quick with numbers and great with customers. Great environment and great coworkers.