Floral Designer, Special Events – Full-Time; Winston Flowers, Greenwich
We have an opportunity to join an established retailer with a nearly 70 year history as Boston’s premier purveyor of the fine art of floristry and custom accessories - now in Greenwich as of Spring 2012. We are seeking an experienced floral designer to join the Greenwich Winston Flowers team. This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative individual to work in a boutique setting with world class product, providing exceptional service to our clientele. This position reports to the General Manager of Winston Flowers Greenwich.
- Effectively upholds the service standards of Winston Flowers, driving sales by using a consultative approach to create customized product presentations to wedding and special events clients
- Working cooperatively with the General Manager and sales team to build new client relationships and developing prospects through networking, building and maintaining relationships with event and party planners, catering managers, venues, etc.
- Conceptualize and execute all design projects; designs incorporating effective and innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers aesthetic and cost of goods
- Partner with select third party vendors for overall event design concepts; linens, lighting, rental items, etc.
- Coordinate efforts of the production design and delivery support team to uphold Winston Flowers design and service standards at event setup
- Work cooperatively with Event Coordinator to compose clear and concise client proposals, communicate updates and proposal revisions and other relevant information to ensure seamless service to client
- Prepare hard goods and floral product needs and submit to Buyers and Inventory in a timely manner to manage product needs; responsible for maintaining company standards in cost of goods
- Partner with General Manager and Coordinator to plan for event logistics and labor needs
- Maintain timely correspondence during sales process with client and vendors, and responsible for follow-up communication to clients to ensure complete satisfaction
- Previous sales and significant hands-on floral design experience in the events industry is required
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs by utilizing a consultative approach to build rapport and present key selling points while focusing on the client’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to achieve established goals and deliver on high expectations, with exceptional follow-through and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities simultaneously and resolve issues independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Full-time position, with flexible work schedule required, including, weekend availability will be required.
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume and photos or portfolio if available for consideration.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Winston's is as much about our longstanding relationships as it is about our designs. We are honored to be involved with many of our...