Floral Designer – Full-Time; Greenwich, CT
We have an opportunity to join an established retailer with a nearly 70 year history as Boston’s premier purveyor of the fine art of floristry and custom accessories - now in Greenwich as of Spring 2012. We are seeking an experienced floral designer to join the Greenwich Winston Flowers team. This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative individual to work in a boutique setting with world class product, providing exceptional service to our clientele.
- Consistently create floral designs incorporating innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers design styles and cost of goods
- Develop a working understanding of the basic Winston Styles of design and accurately create gift and specialty floral designs based on established standards
- Successfully interpret client preferences on custom design orders and event work under the direction of the Event Designer
- Apply proper flower fundamental handling techniques, while consistently meeting required standards of production
- Participate in daily set up and break down of shop including physical transportation of floral displays as needed
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service and contributing to sales volume growth, and resolving customer questions and concerns in The Winston Way
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of product merchandising
- 2+ years hands-on custom floral design experience in a high volume luxury floral shop or design studio is required
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule required, including weekend availability
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume, along with photos or portfolio if available for consideration.