Floral Designer – Full-Time; Winston Flowers & Garden, Newton
We have an immediate opportunity to join an established retailer with a nearly 70 year history as Boston’s premier purveyor of the fine art of floristry and custom accessories, and have just opened our newest Greenwich, CT location in Spring 2012. We are seeking an experienced floral designer with previous experience in a high-volume luxury retail or studio setting. We provide unique opportunities for enthusiastic and creative individuals to work a boutique setting with world class product, providing exceptional service to our clientele.
- Consistently create floral designs incorporating effective and innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers design styles and cost of goods
- Develop a working understanding of the basic Winston Styles of design and accurately create custom and gift line designs based on established standards
- Apply proper flower fundamental handling techniques
- Meet and consistently maintain required standards of production
- Successfully interpret clients’ wishes on custom design orders and following up as applicable to ensure complete satisfaction
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service and contributing to sales volume growth, and resolving customer questions and concerns in The Winston Way
- Perform on-site visits and client consultations to conceptualize custom floral design ideas for commercial and residential properties as needed
- Daily set up and break down of store including physical transportation of outdoor and floral displays
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of product merchandising
- 5+ years hands-on custom floral design experience in a luxury high volume floral shop or design studio is required
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Full-time position; flexible work schedule required, including weekend availability
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume and photos or portfolio if available for consideration or visit the Winston Flowers & Garden shop at the corner of Route 9 and Florence Street in Newton to complete an application.