Sales Associate – Full-Time; Winston Flowers & Garden, Newton
We have an immediate opportunity to join an established retailer with a nearly 70 year history as Boston’s premier purveyor of the fine art of floristry and custom accessories, and have just opened our newest Greenwich, CT location in Spring 2012. We are seeking sales professionals with previous experience in luxury retail or hospitality with an innate sense and passion for interior and floral design. We provide unique opportunities for enthusiastic and creative individuals to work a boutique setting with world class product, providing exceptional service to our clientele. Experience in the floral or horticultural industry is a plus -- confidence, an outgoing personality and a passion for design and providing an exemplary customer experience are essential!
- Provide outstanding customer service and contribute to sales volume growth; resolve customer questions and concerns in The Winston Way
- Assist clients with floral and accessory product selection and design floral and plant product based on skill and experience level
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management process to create custom gift product presentations for clients during in-person visits and telephone sales calls; using a consultative approach to build rapport and present key selling points while focusing on the customer’s needs
- Take an active role in maintaining and developing existing and new client relationships, and following up to ensure complete satisfaction; identify further opportunities from day to day interactions to maximize future business opportunities
- Participate in creation of store and window displays according to merchandising standards under the guidance of the Visual Team, daily set up and break down of store including physical transportation of floral tables and displays and consistent maintenance and refreshment of product
- Responsible for accurate product pricing and loss prevention
- Previous experience in luxury retail or hospitality industry is preferred
- Professional or personal experience in floriculture, horticulture, and/or design is helpful
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills, combined with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, listen attentively and respond effectively to concerns, combined with exceptional follow-through skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability
- Peak business periods may require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 30 pounds
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume for consideration or visit our Winston Flowers & Garden location at the corner of Florence Street and Route 9 in Newton to complete an application.