Winston Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to work for. Always have work available.
Document Scanner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
I loved working for Winston. My recruiter was amazing. The office always have this welcoming feeling and the workers are very attentive. I worked with some really great people and learned a lot.We were more like a family at work rather than just co-workers.
Pros
very friendly atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
Most assignments are an increase of learning for me
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
Each assignment has been different in their own way. Some were good impressionable, and a few were tombs down.
The hardest part of the job is not having an assignment waiting for you when you complete the one before. There is too much time in between assignments. The agency knows your deadline before you do because the job order comes directly to them.
In most cases opinion wise, job orders need to be fulfilled before the assignments are ended. Example: you are given an assignment that is about 3months. You call the agency 2 weeks in advance to inform them the assignment is ending on a certain day, that should be more than enough time for them to find you another assignment.
Once again, that is my opinion.
Overall speaking, the job orders are different in learning for each. The people are normally nice, and supervisors are pretty good most times.
Pros
Salary consistancey
Cons
too long of a break in between
productive workplace
Assi! Dt / EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work, you can maintain both work and school if you are in school. councilors hardly answer your phone calls or emails.
however you do get to experience amazing things working at different hospitals.
Pros
time off
Cons
no benefits
Winston staffing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2016
When you're looking for the right company -- with the right position -- don't take chances. Turn to one of the most experienced and trusted staffing. Turn to Winston Resources.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
permitted employment
Great for New grads
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work if you recently graduated from college and would like to find a job as a recruiter. Not a lot of people stay longer than 2 months. If they do stay is because they don't have another option. Benefits are not great. Health insurance cost almost $500 a month. In order for you to get a 2% commission your margin can't be lower than 70%. There's a cap. You can't make more than $4K which is taxed. Your base with mo experience is 40K. Employees are great. A lot of flexibility in regards to work hours.
Pros
Bagels everyday except for Weds
Cons
No great Benefits or Pay
Productive Place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  42-09 28th Street LIC, NY 11101January 27, 2016
i was hired to fix the system we use for parking permit in regards to the communication between the public and DOH. as of now i can say that the customers are happy and i have suceeded
Pros
excellent experinence, fun work load
Cons
temp
Great Opportunity
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
I like working for this temp agency I get to work at varies locations which allows me to learn about different positions and there responsibilities.
Pros
Veriety
Cons
Temp work.
Unproductive
Case Planner/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2015
N/A - very unproductive; the company is very unbecoming due to lack of training. The company is not what it advertised to new employees.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Unproductive
Fast Pace Service
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 15, 2015
Servicing calls via email and phone
work in fast pace environment
Management was helpful and encouraging
Just me on the boss so always learning something new
dealing with unreliable techs
Helping the customer
Pros
upbeat friendly environment
Cons
being short staffed
Good job placement
Unit Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 3, 2015
I liked my contractor she kept me busy and employed. They have excellent customer service. I would definitely recommend them to anyone on the job search.
Agency I work with
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
I am working at Debevoise & Plimpton through Winston Agency, I don't have much to say about Winston, it is the typical agency type of function.

I actually got my job at Debevoise through another connection other than Winston, they are just the agency that the firm uses.
Worked for a hospital
CMO Montefiore, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
Loved doing customer service for the people. My management was wonderful to work for. Coworkers were great to team work with. Loved my job but moved back to Florida.
a fun productive day.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
the environment of the company was very good. ive learn to manage reports , book keeping and filing documents. the people at work was very welcoming and helpful when in difficult situations.
Pros
movie nights
Cons
short breaks
Workplace is very plesant
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2015
Someday are a challenge. You learn how to deal with different patients.
Management is there and very reliable. Co-workers are a team. Its hard to work temporary. Is knowing i was able to do my job.
Pros
great place
Cons
need more hours
It's ... okay
Enrollment Specialist/ Executive Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NyOctober 21, 2015
Very busy, high volume. Company could use a little better organization, but being apart of the Winston family is truly one of a kind!
Pros
Free Donuts on Wednesdays!!!1
Cons
Organization, Little room for growth
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
I was working with an agency. I was working at different places, sometime for a day, sometimes for a week, sometimes longer. I would work with different patients daily doing different things.

I would perform general office duties, complete insurance forms, contact medical facilities and departments to schedule patients for tests and admission.

I prepared treatment rooms for patient's exams. Measured their vital signs, did EKG's, PFT's as well as Phlebotomy. Assisted with GYN procedures and biopsies. Effectively sanitized exam rooms. I also performed such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.

I also set up medical, laboratory equipment. I collected blood tissue and other laboratory specimens. Logged the specimens and prepared them for testing.

I got along well with my co- workers and managers. I really enjoy working with people and helping them. I learned many things at my job on different days.
Pros
Working independently, doing the same skills daily with different patients
Cons
short breaks
Exceptional Agency
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
This company is a great company for a young person to acquire work and the staff is very friendly and cool. In retrospect I have been working for them for several years and it has been good i honestly cannot complain
Productive and i learn things that i have never done.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2015
Comfortable and easy going place to work. Somewhere you can learn a lot and the staff is willing to teach you. Nice and clean environment.
Temp agency
Administrative Assistant/Steven Arsht, MD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2015
I was always called for temporary job assignments. The recruiter was always in contact with me. I was also exposed to may different medical centers. I enjoyed working in different medical practices.
Pros
Always had a job assignment.
Cons
No health care.
Very Organized company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2015
would definitely recommend to anyone, the employees are very friendly and cooperative with a welcoming environment.