Winston

Winston Employer Reviews

Treasury Management Client Officer (Current Employee), Salem, NCDecember 17, 2014
Evaluate client’s financial needs and recommend products to meet their needs.
Manage premier client portfolios of consumer lending as well as business banking products.
Cross sell consumer and business deposit products that assist in retaining and expanding the relationship with new and existing clients.
Fun workplace that promotes health and wellness
Clinical Internship at HELPS (Former Employee), Salem, NCDecember 3, 2014
Amazing opportunity to learn to work with geriatrics patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with the elderly and hear all their amazing words of advice and life stories.
Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Specialist, Carolina Ale House (Former Employee), Salem, NCDecember 2, 2014
Great employee's, Fun environment, Management always helped, Fast paced
a typical work day
Teacher Assistant, The Sunshine House (Former Employee), Salem, NCOctober 23, 2014
a typical work day enjoyed operating machinery as well as working with management and co workers
Changing Business
Logistics Business Analyst / Supply Chain I.T (Former Employee), Salem, NCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: contract position
Nice work environment,majority of staff is contract so alot of business changes happening. Business knowledge transfer conflicting as many do not adapt to change wekk
Great place to work.....
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Salem, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary increases, the programs that are made available to the employees and great supervisors
I enjoy working for McKesson. They offer a great work place with good benefits as well as other in house incentives. They care about the employees health and makes programs available to help with a heathly lifestyle. My supervisor is great to work for. I am a part of a great team!
productive and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), White Oak, TXSeptember 5, 2014
I was the receptionist for this wonderful company. I learned various office procedures for sales orders and quotes. Also software such as peachtree. My co-workers were warm hearted at ALL times and i was sad to leave. I enjoyed being around these fun loving people and looked forward to going to work.
Good patient care and communication
Novant Health Salem Vascular Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, NCAugust 11, 2014
I learned that people come from all walks of life, and just because someone has a different background does not mean that they do not have anything unique to bring to the company.
I've had a wonderful work experience for the past 36 years! I've grown as an employee and plan on continuing that growth.
Novant Health Oncology Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, NCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: catered breakfast and lunch brought in daily!!!
Cons: gaining weight from the catered lunches!
I am a very optomistic person by nature so most days have been great work days. I love the people I've worked with. I enjoy meeting new clients, patients, and staff when new hires come aboard.
I love knowing that I've played a part in helping our patients at the cancer center get through a difficult time in their life. I am big on customer service and integrity. I believe in treating others as you desire to be treated. My supervisors have all been helpful in my endeavors inside and outside of work. We all have at some time or another "been there" to help aide in a family crisis. I say that yet still knowing how to keep business business and personal life personal. It has been a very caring company to work for. Confidentiality is a must with most companies and respecting the privacy of others was priority. For now I want to travel and meet new people once again. I love life and I plan on living it to the fullest. I am eager to learn and also teach. I am a very patient person but ready to take that next step in life. The hardest part of any of my jobs was having to reprimand someone. I have been a supervisor so needing to correct someone was at times challenging but I always knew it was for the best so doing it was the only option available. I've learned to appreciate every minute we live this life. Working at a cancer center has humbled me and heightened my sense of humility and gratitude. For this and everyday I am truly thankful!
Enjoyable atmosphere with mainly friendly people who have fun but remain professional...
Executive (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2014
I really enjoyed my 8 years at The Winston Group. I had awesome bosses that kept me very busy. Everyday was different for the most part. The hardest part of the job was not getting formal management and not knowing exactly who to answer to. There was no 401K plan which I think is important to offer all employees as a benefit. It was a wonderful experience where I learned a lot about dealing with all sorts of different personalities. This position is certainly not for everyone but it was great for me. My successor however, called me often and was very unhappy with the positions and did not understand how I dealt with many of the situations that seemed normal to me.
Job Duties
CW Technology Concierge Services (Current Employee), Winston Salem, NCAugust 3, 2014
• Radiology imaging database organizing, reviewing, troubleshooting, pre-fetching, importing of outside studies.
• Maintains other existing databases.
• Digitizes studies and associated paperwork.
• Responsible for handling requests for copies, films and/or CD of patient records
• Epic/PACS/Isite system daily maintenance and entry/exception problem for maintenance and transmission of images and other patient records (i.e., exception resolution, registered images, digitizing and verifying patient information).
• Answers telephone inquiries or requests from physicians and other health care professionals.
Fun workplace, while being productive. Attire is relaxed.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2014
A typical day is jam packed with work. So much to do with not a lot of time. I have learned a lot of legal processes, more organizational skills, how to speak with clients, judges, etc. I get along with all my co-workers, we all have our moments we are hard to get along with but in the long run we work very well together. The hardest part of my job is staying neutral when it comes to discussing facts with tenants- "defendants"- we represent the client and sometimes the tenants story is very heart breaking and we want to help but that's not our job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relaxed atmosphere, we stick to work but we do have fun.
A well known mortgage servicer with restaraunts, fitness and many other positive aspects.
Loss Mitigation Specialist/Debt Collector (Former Employee), Salem, NCJune 3, 2014
Pros: fitness room and restaurants in the building.
Cons: too far from home.
Analyzed the causes of delinquency, value of property, debt to income ratio, performed an analysis to establish a strategy to bring the account current, negotiate a settlement of debt or commence a legal action and or start
short sale and close deal.
Presented recommendations (asset plan) in a clear and concise manner to the respective team lead as to an appropriate course
Monitored all established payment plans and pending exit strategies to ensure conclusion. Properly documented and maintained on-line collection history for all accounts as to the reason for any delinquency along with all other relevant information.
Maintained exception reports to keep the referral level to a minimum.
Ensured that required notices and letters were mailed in compliance with all regulatory requirements and client established parameters. Performed various skip tracing task.
1. The hardest part of working at GMAC in Dallas, Texas was being so far away from my family.
2. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. They are very friendly and professional while maintaining a good reputation as a mortgage investor servicing loans for a multitude of investors.
The commute on 40...
CMA (Current Employee), Winston Salem, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: getting out early/getting a great roomer
Cons: anything negative could go here
My typical day is to take care of my patients. I usually prepare my day the day before, so I have al my needed paperwork (MRIs, reports, images, outside notes, etcs..) ready for clinic and the provider. Working at different facilities I have learned to complete disability forms and referrals. Order PT and all diagnostic imaging in house and out. The hardest part is probably being able to please everyone. Some of my coworkers are very hard working and reliable. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job, is that I enjoy what I do. I really enjoy my work and take much pride in completing my work on time or earlier.
Fun learning environment for everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCApril 11, 2014
Being a sales associate was nice. I enjoyed helping people with their clothes and sales/bargins. My co-workers and I were like one big happy family. Then our old manager had to leave us. Our new manager did not make the store as enjoyalbe as it was before. She came with a bad attitude.
I enjoyed being a daycare provider and having fun creating a helpful learning atmosphere. Some things had started to go wrong. Some parents were not happy about the daycare and how she treated us as teachers and asked us about how she acts when their children are here. I enjoyed working with the children and getting to know the co-workers also.
The summer camps were fun and exciting. The children seemed to get out of hand for while. But the all the teachers (co-workers) pitched in and did their job.I enjoyed interacting with the children and how much fun they had learning and playing.
Clean environment but rules are complicated and hard to understand
Cook Endoscopy (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 31, 2014
The rules and policies are very difficult to remember and follow. The policies change often and leadership is poorly trained.
Unorganized
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Clinton, MSMarch 18, 2014
Also was fired from the nursing home because I was contagious and could not be around the patients but the staff didn't care they wanted me there anyway. It was not a pleasant experience. I have heard many people complain about the company that I do not even know.
productive and time management
Customer Service Representative, Aon (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed this job i answered phones and enrolled customers into their health benefits
Training
Education Consultant (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Traveling job all over country teaching customers 911 software. However seniority means nothing to them. My customers were great, I worked by myself
Team Environment
Philanthropic Trust Administrator II (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day working in Philanthropic Services includes reviewing account cash balances, distributions and overdrafts. Ensuring accurate administration over Foundations, Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Organizations are the responsibilities of each administrator. Understanding the tax benefits, tax consequences, and entity types is the most challenging part of the job. However, the most enjoyable part is seeing how charities are supported by other charities to care and provide financial aid to the communities that need the most assistance. Co-workers were transparent, trustworthy and caring folks. Management was fair in allowing one to maintain a good balance between work and life issues that arises.

1 2 3

About Winston

The Winston School focuses on a personalized approach to teaching its 230 students. Its highly-credentialed and experienced faculty – Read more