Winston Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I gained great experience working in the Human Resources Department, I was able to gain new skills like managing calendars on Outlook along with communicating with other employees in different HR Divisions.
Pros
Meet majority of the employees in the hospital
Cons
Heavy work load
great co-workers and good work environment to be around.
PART TIME TODDLER INSTRUCTOR FAITH DAYCARE (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCApril 2, 2017
wonderful and friendly environment to be around. You get to build relationships with the children, as well with the parents. Co-workers will help in anyway they can, and there is never a dull moment when working.
Pros
great/friendly co-workers that are willing to help you in anyway possible
Cons
not enough staff members in case of an emergency
excellent
MANAGER HOUSE CLEANING (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 8, 2017
great company to work for. people are very friendly and outgoing. my boss was very understanding about the work that had to be done in the job. thank you
productive in securing the facility
Veterans Job Coach Chapter 4 division (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 27, 2017
This job called for complete self control and Policy followed to the letter. I was blessed to have great LT and sergants who trined me and helped me learn how to help model a refromed citizen back into the working world. hardest part was reconzing a fight and being smarter the the inmates to stop it. the most enjoyable was seeing some younger inmates reform.
Great place to learn about contract merchandising
Contract merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 23, 2017
This is a Great place to learn about contract merchandising and expand your skills in the time management, fashion knowledge, trends, interaction with managers that work for the great brands for the client you get to represent and learn about. If you are into visual and fashion creative passion you will love this.
Fcdss
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Being a Social Worker is a great profession!
A typical day is busy.
I have learn the required policies and how to implement them.
Most co-workers are great.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children and their families.
Very professional place to work.
ROUTE/INSIDE SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2017
My typical day was on patrol speaking with the public. I enjoyed interacting with the public on a daily basis. I had the opportunity to learn many things to advance my career in law enforcement. Most of my co-workers were very pleasant to work with simply because in this line of work, you are a brotherhood. I think the hardest part of the job was serving specific court orders to families. I cant go into detail but trust me, it was very hard to do sometimes. The most enjoyable part would be helping people. Both in a positive "rescue" part and arresting those that could harm others.
Pros
Helping the public
Cons
demands of the job
work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2017
a typical day at work learrned how to care for someone no management co worker sit around on phone instead of working no hard part just doing other people work. the most enjoyable part of work was nothing
Very productive in my job
Commercial & residential Painter (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 3, 2016
In one of my typical day at work is to take the initiative to get the job done and learn new things that will improve my experience.
Self Employed
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NC (Online Business)August 7, 2016
I started a website dedicated to helping people become better cooks. It is still up and operational at this time. I worked for myself.
Pretty good place to work
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2016
Job is very numbers driven. I enjoyed the daily grind to try and meet the account numbers every month. The people in Aarons are great. The downfall is the pay and possibilities of advancement.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 10, 2016
The Journal is a great place to work. Friendly staff, good area, easy drive, good work and i have enjoyed the time I was given
Pros
Reading the paper
Cons
bonus "vacation"
Loving and Great Atmosphere
Co-Director (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at work for me would consist of creative activities, greeting parents, interacting with students and enjoying working with my co-worker.
Benefits
Cons
Hectic work environment
Forsyth Hospital was a great place to work, unfortunately the pay was terrible
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2016
the management and staff were awesome the hourly wage however was about the same as a fast food restaurant. the benifits were not that great
select staffing
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 11, 2015
was a temp agency I loved my position as forklift driver but there was not good communication between management and employees
overall good environment
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 29, 2015
Masterbrand is a stable company with many great employees. They continue to improve their processes and strive to treat their employees with respect and gratitude. Jobs are specific and not everyone qualifies.
New management that is still working on their business structure
Office Admin, Level4 Orthotics and Prosthetics (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 22, 2015
poor training, overall poor team work from other coworkers, one provider was caring and compassionate about their helmet babies
not up to work code
Head Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 8, 2015
never have a bathroom and no benefits and not paying for what the employees is worth the managers get all the raises but they let employees use there skills on the job far as blue print reading
Outgoing
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 23, 2015
-Love going to work
-management was friendly
- hardest part was dealing with irate customers
- had functions for the employees
Challenging but a overall a great experience
Student Coach (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem State UniversitySeptember 20, 2015
Enjoyed working with student athletes. Traveling was also a great experience. Adapting to students personalities and learning how to work with people was sometimes challenging. However, knowing how to get the best work effort from others is a talent I have evolved over time. It was important to keep all students comfortable and happy so that our workplace was enjoyable.
Pros
Able to travel and eat free lunches
Cons
Dealing with many different personalities