Winston Employee Reviews

Loving and Great Atmosphere
Co-Director (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at work for me would consist of creative activities, greeting parents, interacting with students and enjoying working with my co-worker.
Benefits
Cons
Hectic work environment
Forsyth Hospital was a great place to work, unfortunately the pay was terrible
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2016
the management and staff were awesome the hourly wage however was about the same as a fast food restaurant. the benifits were not that great
not up to work code
Head Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 8, 2015
never have a bathroom and no benefits and not paying for what the employees is worth the managers get all the raises but they let employees use there skills on the job far as blue print reading
Enjoyable atmosphere with mainly friendly people who have fun but remain professional...
Executive (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2014
I really enjoyed my 8 years at The Winston Group. I had awesome bosses that kept me very busy. Everyday was different for the most part. The hardest part of the job was not getting formal management and not knowing exactly who to answer to. There was no 401K plan which I think is important to offer all employees as a benefit. It was a wonderful experience where I learned a lot about dealing with all sorts of different personalities. This position is certainly not for everyone but it was great for me. My successor however, called me often and was very unhappy with the positions and did not understand how I dealt with many of the situations that seemed normal to me.
Team Environment
Philanthropic Trust Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day working in Philanthropic Services includes reviewing account cash balances, distributions and overdrafts. Ensuring accurate administration over Foundations, Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Organizations are the responsibilities of each administrator. Understanding the tax benefits, tax consequences, and entity types is the most challenging part of the job. However, the most enjoyable part is seeing how charities are supported by other charities to care and provide financial aid to the communities that need the most assistance. Co-workers were transparent, trustworthy and caring folks. Management was fair in allowing one to maintain a good balance between work and life issues that arises.
Pretty good place to work
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2016
Job is very numbers driven. I enjoyed the daily grind to try and meet the account numbers every month. The people in Aarons are great. The downfall is the pay and possibilities of advancement.
Self Employed
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NC (Online Business)August 7, 2016
I started a website dedicated to helping people become better cooks. It is still up and operational at this time. I worked for myself.
ComForcare Homecare
ComForcare Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCMay 7, 2012
Working for ComForcare Homecare is very satisfying, in that you know you're helping to enrich a senior citizen's life by helping with activities of daily living, taking them to activities they wouldn't ordinarily be able to attend, and being there for company and companionship. I learned that being a senior citizen is not always easy, but I've also learned that seniors are a remarkable group of people; they've seen and experienced many things that we, as younger people, could always learn from. My co-workers are always willing to accommodate needed changes in schedules, and are always pleasant and compassionate. The hardest part of the job is when a client's health declines; the easiest part of the job is being with the client, interacting with him or her, and assisting with whatever appropriate needs they have.
Pros
working with senior citizens, learning about their challenges, listening to their stories and experiences
Cons
having to "say goodbye" to a client, salary is not competitive
Rock Tenn
Rock-Tenn Merchandising Display (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 13, 2012
In my experience it has been a decent company to work for as far as benefits and decent wages. However, I find that it has been some what difficult to advance as a relatively new hire. It would seen that is always someone better suited for the new job opportunities that arise.
Pros
strong company, decent benefits, generous overtime
Cons
short breaks, difficult job advancement, hot in the summer
Busy Internal/Family Practice Medical Office
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 29, 2014
I worked for this company for 15 years and enjoyed it very much. I learned a great deal while working there. I was introduced to many different needs of patients, medications, and insurance requirements. I enjoyed the many benefits the job provided me and the enthusiastic environment that was there.
Pros
Patients were very grateful for all you did.
Cons
Sometime hours were longer than expected, but if people are sick, you must be there for them.
Open and Free
Quality Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 1, 2013
Monitoring calls on reps and scoring them on the quality of their work. I learned how to give positive to feedback as well as negative feed back. Management was so well respected and if there ever was a problem the mangers doors were always open. Everyone knew one another so we all got along very well.
Pros
Free gifts, incentives and bonuses
Cons
benefits were too costly for a small company
Great place to work.....
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoy working for McKesson. They offer a great work place with good benefits as well as other in house incentives. They care about the employees health and makes programs available to help with a heathly lifestyle. My supervisor is great to work for. I am a part of a great team!
Pros
Benefits, salary increases, the programs that are made available to the employees and great supervisors
Kool Job
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 22, 2015
The last year has been filled with excitement and frustration. This job is fast pace and you will need a plan to handle the everyday flow of things.
Benefits
Cons
Too many bosses!!
Excellent Place to work
Director Premium Seating & Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 21, 2013
Excellent place to work and very goal oriented. It is a growing company worldwide. Management is friendly and concerned about their employees. Has great benefits (i.e. 401K, medical, dental, eye, ect...)
Pros
Growing Company
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 10, 2016
The Journal is a great place to work. Friendly staff, good area, easy drive, good work and i have enjoyed the time I was given
Pros
Reading the paper
Cons
bonus "vacation"
Stressful and demanding
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 5, 2014
Transporting children was the most rewarding part of the job. Management could stand to be improved.
Pros
Hours of working schedule
Cons
No job security benefits, or enough hours
great
Sales (Current Employee) –  minneapolisAugust 8, 2012
great place to work.

great benefits and loved the truck.

learned about many new and exciting things from concrete to area rug construction.

exposed to many of the greatest flooring type in the world.

I learned a great deal and wish the company didnt go out of business due to government regulation.
intererting work
Computer Numerical Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 22, 2013
set up and operate CNC lathe and milling machines..friendly people and management. always learning to work on different machines and equiptment
Pros
good salary, benefits
I love the culinary world
Homestead Hills Senior Living Chef (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 15, 2012
I give my all to my employer,it is an Senior Living Campus and I been with the company for a year and three months.
Pros
a great friendly work inveriment health benefits
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Garden Center
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Capella UniversityJanuary 5, 2014
Keep the garden well neat and clean. Cashier when needed, putting material together for display. Other when needed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no type of benefits.

4.2